Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,989 members, 7,799,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (140790 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Allglow(f): 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2022
Thank you. That was helpful.
I really appreciate.
pocohantas:

Sure you should open an account using same bio details which I believe are the accurate details. If you do that, Upwork would let you know if the account is still existing. You can take it from there. I really do not have a firsthand experience on this.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 8:55am On Jun 18, 2022
I started Upwork recently, I need a pro to help me review my profile if I'm doing something wrong.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ad3cf587ae4250eb

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by FineboyKell(m): 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2022
Hey guys,
I'm thinking of learning video editing is it a very lucrative skill on upwork?

I'm actually new to this stuff.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Robisky001(m): 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
Please, guys, help review my profile. I have been on this Upwork thing for a while now but haven't had any job.

Please, help me out!
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 11:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
Dollywood:
I started Upwork recently, I need a pro to help me review my profile if I'm doing something wrong.

Please, bro, remove that video as soon as possible.

- What were you doing with your lips?
- Why did it take you so long to define copywriting?
- Who told you that copywriting is "selling products, marketing... with the power of words?"
- It was never a good idea to include "You know what I'm saying" and "I'm here for you guys."

Just remove the video; it flies in the face of the professionalism and expertise you're trying to portray.

Never try to wing it when you're shooting an important video. Prepare a good script first, and then practice, practice, practice! Finally, choose a good location to film. Ensure you set your phone down correctly so that the video doesn't shake.

Besides, I looked through your portfolio, and your copies are wordy, aggressive (the first one), erroneous, and unconvincing. A good copywriter must be convincing and persuasive and not sound like a snake oil salesperson.

Here is how you ended your overview:

You're just one click away from HIRING ME! So what's stopping you?

Go ahead HIRE ME, and let me help your business with just a short and powerful email.

See what I mean by aggressive? No one in their right mind will hire someone that writes like they'd be difficult to deal with.

Your overview says nothing about your experience, skill-set, or tools of the trade. Omissions like these are typical of newbies trying to get into the big leagues after only watching a few videos.

I hope my review has been of help. Good luck.

Robisky001:
Please, guys, help review my profile. I have been on this Upwork thing for a while now but haven't had any job.

Please, help me out!

Where's the link to your profile?

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 6:43am On Jun 19, 2022
N2B2:

- Who told you that copywriting is "selling products, marketing... with the power of words?"
- It was never a good idea to include "You know what I'm saying" and "I'm here for you guys."

Just remove the video; it flies in the face of the professionalism and expertise you're trying to portray.

Never try to wing it when you're shooting an important video. Prepare a good script first, and then practice, practice, practice! Finally, choose a good location to film. Ensure you set your phone down correctly so that the video doesn't shake.

Besides, I looked through your portfolio, and your copies are wordy, aggressive (the first one), erroneous, and unconvincing. A good copywriter must be convincing and persuasive and not sound like a snake oil salesperson.

See what I mean by aggressive? No one in their right minds would hire someone that writes like they'd be difficult to deal with.

Your overview says nothing about your experience, skill-set, or tools of the trade. Omissions like these are typical of newbies trying to get into the big leagues after only watching a few videos.

Damnnnnnnn grin This is long. You smacked me with your critics.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Robisky001(m): 8:54am On Jun 19, 2022
N2B2:

See what I mean by aggressive? No one in their right minds would hire someone that writes like they'd be difficult to deal with.

Oh sorry, I thought I included it. Here is it below.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01502acdd5e623c330
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Robisky001(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Someone pls help review my profile above ��
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Adv14(m): 10:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
qtguru:

Top Rated, Congrats bro, what field is that ?

@qtguru

Thanks for your comments on this thread and Nairaland at large, have learnt alots from all your comments but I have few questions.

I am a bit confused.

I want to kickstart my freelancing journey on Upwork, I am a UI/UX designer (no great portfolio for now though, am working on a Shopify template in Adobe XD and some projects with the hope to add them as portfolio), I once tried Fiverr but it's not working out (copywriting though).

I know JS and basics of PHP and I want to learn react later but seeing most people commenting that platform development is a way to make it as a developer, and I saw your comments about google chrome extension , WordPress theme and webflow and the video links but couldn't access those links.

1 Do I need to get certified to be a Shopify developer and create themes after Knowing liquid.

2. Can I combine web development with UI/UX and offer services on Upwork.

3. Which one will you advice between frontend development (React), theme development (Shopify and WordPress) or Google chrome extension and airtable.

Just need to start something.

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 10:42pm On Jun 20, 2022
Robisky001:

Oh sorry, I thought I included it. Here is it below.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01502acdd5e623c330

- Change your picture. It's not even good enough for a dating site, let alone Upwork, a freelance platform that brings you in front of employees the world over.

- You said you write at 15,000 keystrokes per hour (60 words per minute) with 100% accuracy? 100%?? Take it easy with the spice, na. Haba!

- You put "Notable mention skills" on your overview. What does that phrase mean? What skills are you referring to? List them.

- You also put "I am the best of the bunch!!!" on your overview. Why would you ever think that portrays you as a professional, let alone an adult? Please, take your profile overview seriously. It's your pitch to clients.

- Remove "Shoot me a ping right away so we can get started immediately." "Shoot" isn't a word you want to use anyhow, considering today's climate. That call-to-action is bad, so use something else; for example, "If I sound like the data entry expert you need, hit me up and let's chat about your next project."
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
N2B2:

- Change your picture. It's not even good enough for a dating site, let alone Upwork, a freelance platform that brings you in front of employees the world over.

- You said you write at 15,000 keystrokes per hour (60 words per minute) with 100% accuracy? 100%?? Take it easy with the spice, na. Haba!

- You put "Notable mention skills" on your overview. What does that phrase mean? What skills are you referring to? List them.

- You also put "I am the best of the bunch!!!" on your overview. Why would you ever think that portrays you as a professional, let alone an adult? Please, take your profile overview seriously. It's your pitch to clients.

- Remove "Shoot me a ping right away so we can get started immediately." "Shoot" isn't a word you want to use anyhow, considering today's climate. That call-to-action is bad, so use something else; for example, "If I sound like the data entry expert you need, hit me up and let's chat about your next project."

pls does this mean I'll lose all my 130 connects? If yes how can I avoid it pls?

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 12:19am On Jun 21, 2022
Japhet04:
pls does this mean I'll lose all my 130 connects? If yes how can I avoid it pls?

Connects expire after 1 year, so you'll lose the connects you bought last year.

Use your connects now. Apply to jobs and boost them to increase your chances of getting hired.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Robisky001(m): 9:03am On Jun 21, 2022
N2B2:

cheesy :DThanks for the review I affect the changes
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 10:37am On Jun 21, 2022
Adv14:

@qtguru

Thanks for your comments on this thread and Nairaland at large, have learnt alots from all your comments but I have few questions.

I am a bit confused.

I want to kickstart my freelancing journey on Upwork, I am a UI/UX designer (no great portfolio for now though, am working on a Shopify template in Adobe XD and some projects with the hope to add them as portfolio), I once tried Fiverr but it's not working out (copywriting though).

I know JS and basics of PHP and I want to learn react later but seeing most people commenting that platform development is a way to make it as a developer, and I saw your comments about google chrome extension , WordPress theme and webflow and the video links but couldn't access those links.

1 Do I need to get certified to be a Shopify developer and create themes after Knowing liquid.

2. Can I combine web development with UI/UX and offer services on Upwork.

3. Which one will you advice between frontend development (React), theme development (Shopify and WordPress) or Google chrome extension and airtable.

Just need to start something.

1. No you don't need anything
2. Yes
3. It depends on which catches your Interest, Airtable/Shopify and WordPress actually requires some React knowledge so better to learn React and use them for those platforms.

Regards
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Adv14(m): 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
qtguru:

2. Yes
3. It depends on which catches your Interest, Airtable/Shopify and WordPress actually requires some React knowledge so better to learn React and use them for those platforms.

Regards

Thanks boss.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kaybeeeee(m): 3:46am On Jun 22, 2022
qtguru:

2. Yes

Regards

Hello sir, for my profile is video introduction and certification necessary? I'm a self taught programmer
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by samsard(m): 11:46am On Jun 23, 2022
samsard:
I'm buying Africard USD funds at mid-market rates of 5**/$.
I accept reputable Nairaland escrows for secure deals.
Still active and open to trades.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kaybeeeee(m): 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2022
Thanks to the bosses in the house and their tips, got my first job just a yesterday i that i completed my profile

12 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2022
Dollywood:

your hourly rate is too high.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hello guys, why can't I send proposals?
Can someone give me a sample proposal script for web designer, please.

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2022
upworkers please review my profile. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017974c82cc64483b8
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2022
ahmedsaniadamu:

your hourly rate is too high.

What hourly rate do you think is OK?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by wasiubello: 11:41pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hello fellow freelancers, I urgently need two good writers for a long term job. Rate is N2 per word. I have clients I'm walking for on upwork so the jobs are there if you can write well.
Your write up will be engaging and 100 plagiarism free. I will send you the instruction on what to do. If you're interested please send me a message at myty@digdig.org including WhatsApp number
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 10:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
Dollywood:

What hourly rate do you think is OK?
something not more than 10$
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Zidoh(m): 8:33am On Jun 27, 2022
Good day greater freelancers. @ZIDOH EXCHANGE ENTERPRISES. We are still your best and active plug for all your e-currency exchange.

We buy Payoneer , Paypal , Skrill , Neteller and Transferwise funds at good rate

We also do withdrawal such as Fiverr , Upwork , Freelancer, Amazon kdp, domain sale withdrawal etc.

......Kindly slide to our dm on Whatsapp on the contact number below on signature for instant exchange
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DabFrankNG: 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2022
Please review my profile. Feed backs highly welcome.
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c6f68cb8c94154f2
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2022
DabFrankNG:
Please review my profile. Feed backs highly welcome.
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c6f68cb8c94154f2

My only advice is to list the VA tools you are familiar with, e.g Notion / Asana / Google Docs and all, this looks too vague as to what type of VA you are.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2022
qtguru:

My only advice is to list the VA tools you are familiar with, e.g Notion / Asana / Google Docs and all, this looks too vague as to what type of VA you are.
Please, can I have your contact? I need your help on something abeg
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kaybeeeee(m): 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2022
wasiubello:
Hello fellow freelancers, I urgently need two good writers for a long term job. Rate is N2 per word. I have clients I'm walking for on upwork so the jobs are there if you can write well.
Your write up will be engaging and 100 plagiarism free. I will send you the instruction on what to do. If you're interested please send me a message at myty@digdig.org including WhatsApp number
2 naira per words?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kaybeeeee(m): 3:12am On Jun 28, 2022
qtguru:

Hello boss, I want to withdraw funds from my upwork to payoneer account but my payoneer card has expired, my question now is does upwork send the funds to my payoneer balance or to my payoneer card?
I tried setting up the payment on upwork and i see Payment method as Payoneer payment card
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by khalazi: 3:44am On Jun 28, 2022
Kaybeeeee:

Hello boss, I want to withdraw funds from my upwork to payoneer account but my payoneer card has expired, my question now is does upwork send the funds to my payoneer balance or to my payoneer card?
I tried setting up the payment on upwork and i see Payment method as Payoneer payment card
If your payoneer account can send out to another Payoneer account, I'll buy the funds.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 28, 2022
Kaybeeeee:

Goes to your payoneer balance. I do not have a card so I don't know if cards have a separate account(I doubt this though)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (105) (Reply)

Join The Success Team Of Mini Importers And Have Ur Own Success Story. Must See! / .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.