Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,657,332 members, 6,236,749 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 April 2021 at 11:50 PM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (3163 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 6:52am On Mar 01
Good morning guys, for landing first gigs, would you advise taking on smaller, underpaying jobs to build a profile and JSS score?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 11:40am On Mar 01
I think once a week, we should get on Google Meet and discuss the ideas behind freelance work and so. What do you think ?

6 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Codedboy95(m): 2:39am On Mar 02
Donpre:
Good morning guys, for landing first gigs, would you advise taking on smaller, underpaying jobs to build a profile and JSS score?
smaller gigs sure, underpaying jobs? Not necessarily. The difference between upwork and fiverr is that on upwork most clients ( if they have the money) wants to pay more for who can do the job best. So you don't really need to low ball yourself.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Codedboy95(m): 2:41am On Mar 02
qtguru:
I think once a week, we should get on Google Meet and discuss the ideas behind freelance work and so. What do you think ?
very nice idea
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Crazeworld(m): 5:51am On Mar 02
qtguru:
or every fortnight.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Uchenaija: 10:52am On Mar 02
Codedboy95:
Hello guys, Someone suggested we have an official Upwork Thread so i decided to create one. If you have any questions or need any help with upwork this thread is for you.

About me: I'm a 'top rated plus' freelancer on upwork , I started freelancing on upwork 3 years ago and i can say i understand how it works.

Please what of mobile app developers is upwork a good place to go? Or is that saturated too?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 7:18am On Mar 03
Codedboy95:
smaller gigs sure, underpaying jobs? Not necessarily. The difference between upwork and fiverr is that on upwork most clients ( if they have the money) wants to pay more for who can do the job best. So you don't really need to low ball yourself.
Thanks
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Codedboy95(m): 7:23am On Mar 03
Uchenaija:

Please what of mobile app developers is upwork a good place to go? Or is that saturated too?
upwork is a good place, just apply everything that has been posted on this thread.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by lovinhubby2wife(m): 7:33pm On Mar 28
Donpre:
Why not get someone to hire you offline get the person to come online(upwork) to rehire you and pay you via that medium

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by spendoon: 9:28am On Apr 05
Hello everyone!

I made a transfer from upwork to my local bank since the 25th of March but haven't still received it, is there any possibility that the CBN International transfer policy has affected upwork to and my bank has rejected the transfer?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Codedboy95(m): 12:03pm On Apr 05
spendoon:
Hello everyone!

I made a transfer from upwork to my local bank since the 25th of March but haven't still received it, is there any possibility that the CBN International transfer policy has affected upwork to and my bank has rejected the transfer?
that's over 13 days, check with your bank to see what the problem is
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by spendoon: 8:09am On Apr 07
Codedboy95:
that's over 13 days, check with your bank to see what the problem is
Thanks, I will do just that today
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Justice128(m): 4:37pm On Apr 08
Bro i will like us to talk bt nt on whatsapp for nw pls 07081944215
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Towbaba500(m): 6:32am On Apr 09
Just seeing this thread. It's great to be here. I'm interested in using upwork as well . Applying all the tips and tricks straight away.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Android Ecommerce Shopping App Source Code / How Much Will It Cost To Create An IOS, And An Android App / Am I Nigeria's First Scea ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.