Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (141816 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Vicky2k(m): 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2021
jackest1:

I think the fee is 2%
Can payoneer convert and pay to a Naira Account linked to it. Must it be a Dom account
@qtguru, i will appreciate whatever learning videos you drop here for upwork gigs. I just created my upwork account yesterday and i have filled up everything in my profile to get to 100% and i have linked a payoneer account and i have started submitting proposals already. My 50 Connects don almost finish O. My Niche is Javascript Web Dev/ Tech Support. I am also submitting proposals for Technical Writing, Editing and Proofreading
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2021
Vicky2k:
Can payoneer convert and pay to a Naira Account linked to it. Must it be a Dom account
@qtguru, i will appreciate whatever learning videos you drop here for upwork gigs. I just created my upwork account yesterday and i have filled up everything in my profile to get to 100% and i have linked a payoneer account and i have started submitting proposals already. My 50 Connects don almost finish O. My Niche is Javascript Web Dev/ Tech Support. I am also submitting proposals for Technical Writing, Editing and Proofreading
Payoneer pays directly to naira account but the rate is ₦400 as at yesterday when I withdrew. You can get better rates from exchangers na just the scammer be the problems.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
jackest1:

Sorry bro

Wish you success Next time
Yeah thanks, will definitely smash it in 6 months time.

My goal is top rated sha, I should get it before January 2022
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Vicky2k(m): 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2021
why do some jobs require higher connects to apply like 6 or 4 while some others are just 2 or 1
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2021
Vicky2k:
why do some jobs require higher connects to apply like 6 or 4 while some others are just 2 or 1
To filter out unserious freelancers as 6 connects is a lot, so anyone willing to spend that much knows what he or she is doing and know they're worth it.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Emeraldfynest(m): 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
Chai, when exchangers can give you as high as #520 per dollar. Once I withdraw up to $1000 with my Payoneer account, and that method has been activated, I'm never withdrawing to bank account again.
DrLevi:

Payoneer pays directly to naira account but the rate is ₦400 as at yesterday when I withdrew. You can get better rates from exchangers na just the scammer be the problems.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
Emeraldfynest:
Chai, when exchangers can give you as high as #520 per dollar. Once I withdraw up to $1000 with my Payoneer account, and that method has been activated, I'm never withdrawing to bank account again.
You need to withdraw up to $1000 before you can transfer to another payoneer account? These people are crooks o
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2021
Vicky2k:

Yeah Payoneer can pay to your Naira account, but the rate is very poor. 410 as against 540
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
Wawuu

Time to save some dollars

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Emeraldfynest(m): 7:05pm On Sep 15, 2021
Yes o, before they can activate your MAP(Make A Payment) method. The thing just dey pain me.
DrLevi:

You need to withdraw up to $1000 before you can transfer to another payoneer account? These people are crooks o
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Emeraldfynest(m): 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
Wow, which bank is this?
jackest1:
Wawuu

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Codedboy95(m): 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2021
Vicky2k:

DrLevi:

To filter out unserious freelancers as 6 connects is a lot, so anyone willing to spend that much knows what he or she is doing and know they're worth it.

No, it depends on the job budget, timeline and category. those 3 factors are the determinant of how many connects the job will cost you

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2021
jackest1:

Yeah Payoneer can pay to your Naira account, but the rate is very poor. 410 as against 540

I use direct to dom and sell to BDC for 530 ish at least
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2021
Emeraldfynest:
Yes o, before they can activate your MAP(Make A Payment) method. The thing just dey pain me.
But can one still withdraw to a dorm account before MAP?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
jackest1:
Wawuu

How did you do this, I need a USD dorm account
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Emeraldfynest(m): 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
Yeah sure. I already added mine sef.
DrLevi:

But can one still withdraw to a dorm account before MAP?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
Emeraldfynest:
Yeah sure. I already added mine sef.
If you have a dorm, why do you still need exchangers
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
Emeraldfynest:
Wow, which bank is this?
GT bank
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2021
DrLevi:

How did you do this, I need a USD dorm account
You just need 2 persons with current account in any bank to sign for you as reference
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2021
qtguru:

I use direct to dom and sell to BDC for 530 ish at least
Correct gee, you're in the spirit

3 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
jackest1:

You just need 2 persons with current account in any bank to sign for you as reference
The search I've done for this two people ehn. Nigeria and stressing people unneccessay
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
DrLevi:

The search I've done for this two people ehn. Nigeria and stressing people unneccessay
Eyahhh, where do you reside?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Emeraldfynest(m): 11:24pm On Sep 15, 2021
I have never used it to withdraw, the VAT charges are still there, so I need a a tangible sum.
DrLevi:

If you have a dorm, why do you still need exchangers
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Emeraldfynest(m): 11:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
So you opened everything at once?
jackest1:

GT bank
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 4:13am On Sep 16, 2021
Emeraldfynest:
So you opened everything at once?
Yeah
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Vicky2k(m): 5:12am On Sep 16, 2021
jackest1:

What of with the Payoneer Card withdrawal in an ATM. is the rate any better
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by nobody01: 5:58am On Sep 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

I don talk tire but people no dey hear word. Once you have learnt the basics find a niche. General software development doesnt pay except you are willing to go deep into two and start practicing all the data structures and super algorithms.

I am a jamstack Developer presently and have a full time job but I got a 1000 USD contract from upwork this past month for that jamstack. My own senior developer at work also gives me gigs outside work which he pays me daily for.

My own now na even to learn Salesforce because if I can get certified I can be earning as much as 2 million naira a month if I stay in Nigeria and target remote but I don't want to stay here.

What are your thoughts regarding this niche of a thing particularly for someone that wants to break into DevOps? And how favorable do you think the freelance will be to such a person?

Qtguru, Codedboy95, Stanliwise your opinions are also needed

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Crazeworld(m): 6:46am On Sep 16, 2021
DrLevi:

I had to pay a BDC exchanger 5k in the bank hall to complete my guarantors

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Codedboy95(m): 6:55am On Sep 16, 2021
nobody01:

What are your thoughts regarding this niche of a thing particularly for someone that wants to break into DevOps? And how favorable do you think the freelance will be to such a person?

DevOps is hotcake right now, if you are interested in it, go for it.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by stanliwise(m): 7:06am On Sep 16, 2021
nobody01:

if you must work and survive in the professional coding world then you need to define a niche for yourself. No serious product designer would look at you when you start mentioning I know this and that without quality knowledge or portfolio. Everyone is looking for who can deliver so it is better you present your niche and get employed. For me there are no such things as fullstack developer in the right sense of things, you can either be working as a frontend dev or a backend dev but you shouldn’t be the two at same time. Anytime you’re the two at same time then it means the project you’re working on ain’t a serious project. If it is you would only stick with the one you know best

For those programmer who want to start earning very fast, niching is the way out, else you can spend a lot of time before getting anything done and for the moment just one dev does not stand a chance to build sophisticated software that are needed by software developers now.

4 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 16, 2021
Crazeworld:
I had to pay a BDC exchanger 5k in the bank hall to complete my guarantors
Beautiful idea... Thanks, this would work
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 10:07am On Sep 16, 2021
Vicky2k:

What of with the Payoneer Card withdrawal in an ATM. is the rate any better
I think it will be same rate 400~410
Dom and BDC is better

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (105) (Reply)

How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.