Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Honda Accord 2005 Can Not Idle When Battery Out - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2005 Can Not Idle When Battery Out (698 Views)

How Owning A Toyota Camry 2005 Can Contribute To Your Financial Success / SOLD SOLD SOLD!!Honda Accord 2005 V6 For Sale / Honda Accord 2005 For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2005 Can Not Idle When Battery Out by desag(m): 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2021
Hello house,

Kindly assist me, my honda accord stops running when i disconnect one terminal from battery.

Advice on what to do to resolve this before they spoil my motor the more.

Thanks as i await solution.
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Can Not Idle When Battery Out by iamademola(m): 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2021
Check ur alternator

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2005 Can Not Idle When Battery Out by waleadex(m): 12:32pm On Feb 13, 2021
The alternator is bad.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2005 Can Not Idle When Battery Out by slowice(m): 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
Let me also ask.. How good is this honda accord 2007.... I want to use it for uber business and I know nothing much about cars. Pls enlighten a brother
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Can Not Idle When Battery Out by an0daGuy: 4:10pm On Feb 13, 2021
slowice:
Let me also ask.. How good is this honda accord 2007.... I want to use it for uber business and I know nothing much about cars. Pls enlighten a brother

It’s good for Uber use. Go for it

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2005 Can Not Idle When Battery Out by adanny01(m): 8:12am On Feb 14, 2021
desag:
Hello house,

Kindly assist me, my honda accord stops running when i disconnect one terminal from battery.

Advice on what to do to resolve this before they spoil my motor the more.

Thanks as i await solution.

Alternator is not working

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2005 Can Not Idle When Battery Out by TRYGO(m): 10:46am On Feb 14, 2021
Why would you disconnect your car's charging system, while the engine is running?

It's a wrong practice.
What exactly were you trying to achieve by disconnecting it?

What you are doing, is at your own peril. If your car's electrical or electronic system does not develop a problem now, it's just matter of time.

Here's the reason why you couldn't rev that engine when the terminal was disconnected.

1. Your car's fuel pump, runs off of your car's battery.
Disconnecting one of the terminals, would only have current flowing through the fuel pumps circuit, without completing the circuit (to work or function).

So now imagine, you cutting off the oxygen supply to your throat, by suffocations. You'd immediately die.
That's the same analogy with your car.

2. You are only causing a lot of voltage spikes or surges going through the wiring harnesses of your vehicle.
Pray you don't get to have burnouts on wires or fuses.

3. It might be that your throttle body assembly motor has burnt out already.

4. Reconnect the battery terminal, and retry.

Thanks
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Can Not Idle When Battery Out by Alvin007: 10:49am On Feb 14, 2021
Osogbo weed....tchai...it is well.
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Can Not Idle When Battery Out by MrJames007: 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
TRYGO:
Why would you disconnect your car's charging system, while the engine is running?

It's a wrong practice.
What exactly were you trying to achieve by disconnecting it?

What you are doing, is at your own peril. If your car's electrical or electronic system does not develop a problem now, it's just matter of time.

Here's the reason why you couldn't rev that engine when the terminal was disconnected.

1. Your car's fuel pump, runs off of your car's battery.
Disconnecting one of the terminals, would only have current flowing through the fuel pumps circuit, without completing the circuit (to work or function).

So now imagine, you cutting off the oxygen supply to your throat, by suffocations. You'd immediately die.
That's the same analogy with your car.

2. You are only causing a lot of voltage spikes or surges going through the wiring harnesses of your vehicle.
Pray you don't get to have burnouts on wires or fuses.

3. It might be that your throttle body assembly motor has burnt out already.

4. Reconnect the battery terminal, and retry.

Thanks
grin
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Can Not Idle When Battery Out by Alvin007: 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2021
MrJames007:
grin
Blame the weed. cheesy
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Can Not Idle When Battery Out by MrJames007: 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2021
Alvin007:
Blame the weed. cheesy
As in ... cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Theoritical Aspect In Driving / Where To Get Thermostat In Asaba / The Most Important Car Parts That Need Periodic Lubrication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.