Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,147 members, 7,780,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:29 AM

Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus (308 Views)

Muslims,atheists,bhuddist,pagans,religionalists Beleive Me Or Not / NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by Kingdomtruth: 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2021
Often time, I've observed and listened with dismay, how we've come to be so sharply polarized and divided as a people who were made and created to co_exist and live as one people; whether Muslims, Christians, Atheists et al. The will of God is for all of us to live as one people. As a matter of fact, we're all children of God by faith in Christ Jesus and God desires that we should live as such;like brothers and sisters that we are by faith in Christ Jesus.

But sadly, we come across each other as ENEMIES. And this is especially so, because of ignorance for some, while for others, it's because of outright defiance to the truth. However, I make bold in this write_up to reveal the truth as regards the will of God for the entire human race. Both whites, Africans, Christians, Muslims, Pagans and others notwithstanding, we're all the children of God and one people by our faith in Christ Jesus. The scripture says: "Christ is all and christ is in all". See Colossians 3:11.

Here's the connection. See this please: Remember Abraham our ancestor. Both the Jews and the Gentiles recognised and have come to settle with him as their FATHER with the only difference being a maternal one I.e depending on the woman that gave birth to them. Either through Abraham and Sarah as JEWS, or through Abraham and Hagar as GENTILES.
However, the JEWS were considered by God as His children Because of ISAAC who was conceived as a result of God's promise to Abraham and Sarah. while the Gentiles, were not so considered the children of God because ISHMAEL who was one of their ancestors through Abraham and Hagar, was born in the usual way but not as a result of God's promise. Hence, they(Gentiles) fell out of God's Mercy and plans and had had to live on their own. See Romans 9:7_8 and Genesis 21:12.

But long after time, God sort to reconcile all the human race back to himself as one people through their faith in Christ Jesus, so that EVERYONE Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Pagan et al will be one and part of the body of Christ Jesus (Church) with Christ as the head. See Colossians 1:18_20.

See Galatians 2:15_16, the Scripture tries to explain in vivid term that, whether JEWS or GENTILES, all are put right with God(saved) by faith .I.e irrespective of affinity to religion, tribe, language or race, everyone is saved and made a child of God by faith only in Christ Jesus. Because all alike have sinned and have fallen short of God's standard, so that only by GRACE through faith in Christ can all of us be saved.

Furthermore, please pay attention to this profound truth in the same Galatians 3 but verses 16 and 19. It says that the promise God made to Abraham was for him(Abraham) and to his descendant. Notice that the descendant here is not in the plural, meaning not to all Abraham's children but to just one of them. Hence, the use of the word 'DESCENDANT' in the singular. So, the logical question here would be that; who is this descendant and what was the promise?.

The descendant is'JESUS CHRIST' and the promise is the'HOLY SPIRIT'. So, God promised to give Abraham a child so that through the power of the holy spirit, Abraham would have a son because of his faith in God Notwithstanding that he(Abraham) was old and couldn't naturally bear a child. But, because he(Abraham) believed, he received the promise of the spirit from God in the form of ISAAC as a son because of his faith. In the same way, we too regardless of who we are, Christians, Muslims, Pagans and others who believe in Christ Jesus, will also receive the promise of the spirit by faith in Him(Christ) just as Abraham did. And to confirm this, see Galatians 4:28, it says,'now, you my brothers and sisters, are God's children because of his promise, just as i saac was'. Meaning that Isaac was a child of God by the holy spirit through Abraham's faith and that we too who believe in Christ Jesus like Abraham did, regardless of who we are, will receive the holy spirit too and become the children of God through Christ Jesus only by our faith in Him.

Finally, I pray that the Lord, will help to register this truth in our hearts and cause us to begin to see ourselves in everyone around us irrespective of religion, tribe, language, race or ethnicity in Jesus' name.Thanks for reading and God bless us all...Shalom!
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by Dtruthspeaker: 5:47pm On Feb 13, 2021
All man, is one by virtue of being created by One Great and Mighty Creator!
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by Kingdomtruth: 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
All man, is one by virtue of being created by One Great and Mighty Creator!

Very true. But the point I was trying to make is that: there's only one way to get to him than the so many other false ways than people belief.
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by Dtruthspeaker: 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Very true. But the point I was trying to make is that: there's only one way to get to him than the so many other false ways than people belief.

I think that by reason of being creations like our phones, cars and shoes, No man can go to Him. It is rather that like our cars and phones, He comes to us.

Thus, the guidance of the Bible is to inform us of all the things we need to know regarding our Creator's Likes and Dislikes and what He can and shall do to us in all circumstances regarding our use of the "living" He has given us.
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by Kingdomtruth: 8:33pm On Feb 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I think that by reason of being creations like our phones, cars and shoes, No man can go to Him. It is rather that like our cars and phones, He comes to us.

Thus, the guidance of the Bible is to inform us of all the things we need to know regarding our Creator's Likes and Dislikes and what He can and shall do to us in all circumstances regarding our use of the "living" He has given us.

While I agree that the bible teaches us to know more about him, I insist that we'll all appear at his bosom to be judged good or bad. The very reason we all have to be conformed to his image and likeness as exemplified by Christ's lifestyle in order to qualify for his kingdom see Romans 8:29
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by Dtruthspeaker: 10:25pm On Feb 13, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

While I agree that the bible teaches us to know more about him, I insist that we'll all appear at his bosom to be judged good or bad. The very reason we all have to be conformed to his image and likeness as exemplified by Christ's lifestyle in order to qualify for his kingdom see Romans 8:29

No issue here. As I said, we are creations and we "live" or "die" at the pleasure of our Great Creator!
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by AntiChristian: 1:52am On Feb 14, 2021
So in essence,

Kingdomtruth you said:
Here's the connection. See this please: Remember Abraham our ancestor. Both the Jews and the Gentiles recognised and have come to settle with him as their FATHER with the only difference being a maternal one I.e depending on the woman that gave birth to them. Either through Abraham and Sarah as JEWS, or through Abraham and Hagar as GENTILES.
However, the JEWS were considered by God as His children Because of ISAAC who was conceived as a result of God's promise to Abraham and Sarah. while the Gentiles, were not so considered the children of God because ISHMAEL who was one of their ancestors through Abraham and Hagar, was born in the usual way but not as a result of God's promise. Hence, they(Gentiles) fell out of God's Mercy and plans and had had to live on their own. See Romans 9:7_8 and Genesis 21:12.

God became discriminatory here as one son was preferred to another.
God himself created the Jews and the Gentiles favouring the former over the latter. He then brought a Jew to die for both Jew and Gentiles again!

Does this make any sense?
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by Dtruthspeaker: 8:37am On Feb 14, 2021
AntiChristian:
God himself created the Jews and the Gentiles favouring the former over the latter. He then brought a Jew to die for both Jew and Gentiles again!

The wisdom you do not see is that God knows the Power of One, for it Takes Only One to Accomplish any thing, in the Hands of The Lord, not 2 or many..

Therefore, All The Lord Needed was One.
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by Kingdomtruth: 11:24am On Feb 14, 2021

Smiles! it was like that bro, because God never intended the other child(Ishmael) to be conceived, he was born because of Abraham and Sarah's impatient. Hence, the reason why God did not initially consider them...However, Isaac was his plan. Because he wanted to bless Abraham for his FAITH and also to have his people(descendants) to come through him(ISAAC)...That's it bro...have a nice Sunday ahead
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by Kingdomtruth: 11:27am On Feb 14, 2021
The wisdom you do not see is that God knows the Power of One, for it Takes Only One to Accomplish any thing, in the Hands of The Lord, not 2 or many..

That's the wisdom bro.nice one
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:42am On Feb 14, 2021
So in what NAME will the so called ONE approach God's throne? Act 4:12

Kingdomtruth:

That's the wisdom bro.nice one
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by Kingdomtruth: 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2021

Only in the name of JESUS CHRIST bro...That scriptural reference is self explanatory and a perfect one I must add...Thanks a lot
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:14am On Feb 15, 2021
But Buddhists, Traditionalists, Hindus, Muslims and Atheists don't believe in that name, so how are they going to be saved? undecided

Kingdomtruth:
Only in the name of JESUS CHRIST bro...That scriptural reference is self explanatory and a perfect one I must add...Thanks a lot
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by AntiChristian: 10:31am On Feb 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So you know the Lord's mind?
So why did the Lord allow Abraham to sleep with Hagar, allowing the fertilization to occur, the fetus to grow to full term and even the baby to grow old if he had no purpose in life?

And tell me how is this fair?
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by Dtruthspeaker: 5:17pm On Feb 15, 2021
AntiChristian:

So why did the Lord allow Abraham to sleep with Hagar, allowing the fertilization to occur, the fetus to grow to full term and even the baby to grow old if he had no purpose in life?

I do know a lot of His Mind!

So why? Because in His eyes and by His Measurement, All men are the same, doing the same wrong and evil things rather than the Right and Good things therefore making everyone of them Qualified to be Destroyed by Him because they love and do that which is Not Good.

Which is why He said "All have sinned" not some, but all!

So it is quite inconsequential and immaterial Whom The Lord Elected to Love exactly as you elected your wife from all the other women in world, for your wife could have been any other woman.

But you chose to love one which clearly means that you rejected another.

And The Lord Chose One to Save All from Certain Judgment of Death therefore as long as All is Saved (or can be saved) it is immaterial and inconsequential Who or whom He Chose to use to do the saving!

So long as all who are condemned by Judgement have taken the opportunity of Amnesty!
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by hashtagged(m): 7:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
AntiChristian:

God dosent control your actions, he slept with Hagar of his own Accord that was his own mistake not God's and Hagar had purpose she birthed Ishmael if I am correct.
Let me tell you God loved the gentiles as much as he did the Jews you didn't read deeply enough to understand, the gentiles didn't follow his teachings and that's why he wasn't close to them but the few who did even being gentiles he favoured them too.

imagine you have two sons, one who you always talk to and one who you don't ever talk to. it's only natural it would seem you love the first on cause you are always talking to him but you definitely love the both and if the second son asks you for something you would definitely answer him
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by Kingdomtruth: 2:33pm On Feb 16, 2021
[quote author=MaxInDHouse post=99074373]But Buddhists, Traditionalists, Hindus, Muslims and Atheists don't believe in that name, so how are they going to be saved? undecided

Thanks for the question bro. This very question is the core of this thread. Even though I've already answered that in the body of the thread, however, I'll still be glad to answer it again even a million times.

Ans.: we're all one. The same way the christians believe in Christ Jesus and are saved, all should believe in him too and be saved. Last I checked, a christian was a believer first before they believed and began to behave like Jesus Christ. Hence, the name CHRISTIANS. If anyone believes too, they'll become like Jesus Christ by the power of the spirit.That's the only way bro. It's just a matter of understanding that we're all one people, created by one God in his image and likeness. And if we all agreed that God created us, then, we should do well to believe in the one he sent which in this case is Jesus Christ.I repeat again bro: that no one or nothing can save anyone; tithing, offering, works of charity, 10 hours marathon prayer or the much talked about 21 days fasting notwithstanding... Only our faith in Christ Jesus can. Because He alone has been made the author of our salvation and was given the power to show us the way back to the father. See John 14:6. Thanks.
Re: Both Christians, Muslims, Atheists And Others Are One By Faith In Christ Jesus by Kingdomtruth: 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
[quote author=AntiChristian post=99083796]

Though@ Dtruthspeaker and @ Hashtagged, have already done justice to this. Mind is just to add my voice to theirs.

So you know the Lord's mind?.: Smiles! To answer you directly I'd say yes bro. You too can know his mind if you so wish. His mind is in his word. If you deligently break his word, you'll find his mind right there. Plus, you can also know his mind through personal revelation I.e He can decide to reveal anything He so wishes to you, through the power of His spirit in you.

So why did the Lord allow Abraham to sleep with Hagar, allowing the fertilization to occur, the fetus to grow to full term and even the baby to grow old if he had no purpose in life?:

The greatest gift that God has gifted mankind is the ability to have your own mind and the will power to decide and take decisions for yourself. And God will never interfere or take that gift from you. See Romans 11:29. Even though He has the power being that He created you and the world, but He just won't do it.However, He will advice and tell you the truth and the consequences of what you're about to do, but if you insist, He will honour your decision and respect it so that the outcome will purely be what you've decided. See Deuteronomy 30:15. Just as they say; experience is the best teacher.

So, that He has kept quiet, does not mean endorsement. He has allowed you, so that you'll be responsible for the outcome of your decision and also in order not to temper with your right as he has gifted you hitherto. But, know that, you'll be accountable for every action and decision that you've ever made/taken the day He comes to Judge the world. You'll stand against everything you've ever done and be judge by them, whether good or bad. UNLESS you've REPENTED before the D day. The scripture says that: we shall all give account of every foolish word or things we've ever spoken or done. That was why He kept quiet and allowed Abraham's will.

And tell me how is this fair?:

I will answer this with an example.: suppose I told you not to go out of your house today, probably coz I've seen what you do not see and know what you do not know. But you insisted you must go out, which you did. Eventually, you came back maimed with only one leg. Would you now blame me for not coercing you to stay put in your house, even though I warned you abinitio? Please be fair to this question. Your sincere answer to that question will tell you whether or not it was fair... Thanks brotherly

(1) (Reply)

How To Praying About Your Enemies / Do Angels Have Free Will? / Pastor Creflo Dollar Sermons 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.