Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa (28007 Views)

Udom May Resign As Atiku’s PCC Chair Over Lack Of Funds / Meet The Members Of The Lagos Judicial Panel On SARS. / Ondo: Ajayi Agboola May Resign, Join PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by fergie001: 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2021
Senior Advocate of Nigeria and member of the Lagos Judicial Panel on police brutality, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, has said he cannot in good conscience continue to sit on the panel as there are cases of fresh police brutality at Lekki on Saturday.

The human rights lawyer said he was consulting with his colleagues on the civil society, so he could take a decision with regard to his continued participation as a member on the panel.

Adegboruwa said he was saddened at the way police dehumanised people at Lekki.

“My heart is very heavy. I’m saddened and devastated. My soul is sorely troubled at this time.

“For decades before the advent of this administration, Nigerians have risked their lives, liberties, their times and their energies, their resources, to win back this country on the side of democracy and good government, from military dictatorship. Some have paid the supreme price with their lives.

“I have been monitoring events at the Lekki Toll Gate since morning, and I am totally overwhelmed with the images, videos and sundry evidence of police brutality of armless civilians, who ventured to protest at the Toll Gate. In one particular video, I saw citizens of Nigeria being dehumanised, stripped half naked and cramped together in a rickety bus. This is totally unacceptable.

“While we are yet to come to terms with the events of October 20, 2020, it becomes worrisome that the security agencies have not learnt any positive lesson from those occurrences. I commend the protesters for their peaceful conduct.

“I cannot in good conscience continue to sit at any Panel of Inquiry to heal wounds and end police brutality, when fresh assaults are being perpetrated with impunity. Consequently, I am presently consulting with my constituency within the civil society, as to my continued participation in the EndSARS Judicial Panel,” he said.

Adegboruwa called for the “immediate release of all those arrested in connection with the peaceful protest at the Lekki Toll Gate today.”

He further stated ”I appeal for calm on all sides, in order not to escalate the worsening security situation across the land. I cannot fail to point out the fact that the present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari is a product of protest and civil disobedience. Let history vindicate the just.”

SOURCE

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by othermen: 6:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
Rather than resolve demands made, the govt chose to suppress our voices, exterminate our will for better governance. Solutions matter but they put fear that fuel angst. Psychologists say such repressed emotions are 'small ticking time bombs'.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
Later, the bastard called Desmond Efulefu Elliot will come out to call us "Children" for coming out to protest...

It shall never be well with the people who intentionally enthroned General Buhari with their votes and comment here.

183 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Racoon(m): 6:20pm On Feb 13, 2021
"When there is no justice for the people, there will not be peace for the government." Injustice only begat injustice.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 13, 2021
He was employed by so called human rights organizations.

Since his employers wants to pull out from the panel, the lawyer will also pull out.

This shows that there is someone( puppet master) organizing the show from somewhere.

The lawyer and the so called actingvists on the panel are all actors in the puppet show.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Jimasun: 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2021
Resign and get the hell out of the panel. Who you epp Omo ale

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Jimasun: 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2021
Racoon:
"When there is no justice for the people, there will not be peace for the government." Injustice only begat injustice.
We want justice for Awzu SARS victims you hypocrites

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Olajooo3(f): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2021
For what reason
Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Queenlovely(f): 6:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
I saw people rejoicing that protesters were arrested,

I went to check the profile of this people to confirm to myself that they are foreigners, But Alas they were Nigerians

They same nigeria we all complain about,

I have come to the conclusion that Majority of Nigerians want Nigeria to remain like this forever

99 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Dangrace01: 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
Naija
Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
Politicians have ruined this country.

5 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by ultimatebas(m): 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
Useless country

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Freestainworld(m): 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
Our politicians have turned out forces into terror organization
Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Wahala90: 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
c
Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by an0daGuy: 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
Haaa! Afonja don tire? Go out and occupy the toll gate naw lol

I pity una, keep waiting for ipob to do it for you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by OyigboUpdate: 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
Racoon:

Boko haram terrorists and IPOB terrorists started from protest if you remember.

4 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by GreatOlu1: 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2021
Do whatever pleases you. It's your choice.

Rinu made her choice already.
Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by seyz91(m): 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2021
you can never ever get sense in your lifetime again for that rubbish you just said
Jimasun:

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Felixalex(m): 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by capitalzero: 6:39pm On Feb 13, 2021
fergie001:

SOURCE

Police brutality is issue not even arrests. Anybody can get arrested
Gani Fawenmi would never be part of that panel from the beginning.
Government always want credible people to endorse illegality without them realizing it.
Tai Solarin was a victim of that.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Enudapan: 6:39pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nah Eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

We been tight for lag they observe
Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by UncommonLogic: 6:39pm On Feb 13, 2021
Police brutality for arresting protesters who are trying to block toll gate? What a joke of a so called lawyer. I beg resign and get a real job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Sunnycliff(m): 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
Men of good conscience don't maintain neutrality in the face of oppression

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by sckulboy: 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
this Man is a man God,is consensual consent did not let him rest

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
If he is serious and stands for something he would have resigned and not saying he may resign which is a characteristics of an unprincipled fellow.

2 Likes

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by Massdamm(m): 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
Shitty country
Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by UncommonLogic: 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
Jimasun:

Don't mind the confused soul. He's looking for attention and relevance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by ZendayaColeman(f): 6:42pm On Feb 13, 2021
That panel is useless like the P in Psychology

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa by blamingthedevil: 6:42pm On Feb 13, 2021
For good three months, you cannot provide evidence nor prove your case, what are you still doing there?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Graphic Photo Of Dead People In The UNIMAID Bomb Blast – 2017 / Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary / Ndume: If You Criticize Buhari In Wuse Market, You Will Not Come Out Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.