Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,835 members, 7,798,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (3738 Views)

Man Warms Hearts Of Many As He Serenades His Wife At Her 50th Birthday(video) / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help / Mimi Stevenson: Burn Survivor And Her Two Kids Melt Hearts On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 13, 2021

1 Like

Re: . by ADEMALAIKA2: 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2021
That company is going down soon

7 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2021
ADEMALAIKA2:

By the grace of God,,, with nothing to show for their efforts

2 Likes

Re: . by FatherCHRISTMAS: 10:25pm On Feb 13, 2021
Hahhaha this is more like being declared wanted dead or alive grin

Don't worry OP we have all been there grin your family members that got the message will help you to pay.... Don't worry

4 Likes

Re: . by FatherCHRISTMAS: 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2021
ADEMALAIKA2:

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 13, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
Hahhaha this is more like being declared wanted dead or alive grin

Don't worry OP we have all been there grin your family members that got the message will help you to pay.... Don't worry

Well, I wouldn't want it paid until there's a way they could correct the defamation. How can I go through such & still go ahead to pay with default charges? I don't think I can pay again

4 Likes

Re: . by doggedfighter(f): 10:42pm On Feb 13, 2021
People should stop borrowing from them.

I'm trying to understand what they wrote in that text message

5 Likes

Re: . by TeemahBeddings: 10:47pm On Feb 13, 2021
SirDelight:

Well, I wouldn't want it paid until there's a way they could correct the defamation. How can I go through such & still go ahead to pay with default charges? I don't think I can pay again
lol...

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 13, 2021
doggedfighter:
People should stop borrowing from them.

I'm trying to understand what they wrote in that text message
Maybe it's because I have removed the sensitive parts.

The sentence construction is poor but the defamation is clear.

1 Like

Re: . by Atk1nson(m): 6:57am On Feb 14, 2021
SirDelight:
ATTENTION!MAKING THE FAMILY LIVES OF THE **** MISERABLE IS A THIEF FROM THEIR FAMILY WITH THE NAME ***** (0806134****) WHO STOLE MONEY FROM A COMPANY AND IS REFUSING TO PAY. THE PUBLIC IS WARNED OF THIS FAMILY AS THEY ARE KNOWN TO BE THIEVES. THEY WILL BE CAUGHT BY SECURITIES

The SokoLoan agent called me on phone and I told her to be patient as I'm also running around to pay off the debt. I even said I would pay up everything with default charges. She hung up & started sending different threatening messages. The message above (bolded) was sent to all my contacts. I had to turn off my phone because the calls were too much. How would they correct this defamation after paying them?

I know they have many agents on this forum who would start defending them, but just know that "only God knows tomorrow". It's my turn today,,,, it could be yours tomorrow.

Dont bother repaying again, they have done their worst.

You seff avoid loan sharks except you are 99.999% sure you can repay on time

10 Likes

Re: . by dobnina(f): 8:31am On Feb 14, 2021
SirDelight:
ATTENTION!MAKING THE FAMILY LIVES OF THE **** MISERABLE IS A THIEF FROM THEIR FAMILY WITH THE NAME ***** (0806134****) WHO STOLE MONEY FROM A COMPANY AND IS REFUSING TO PAY. THE PUBLIC IS WARNED OF THIS FAMILY AS THEY ARE KNOWN TO BE THIEVES. THEY WILL BE CAUGHT BY SECURITIES

The SokoLoan agent called me on phone and I told her to be patient as I'm also running around to pay off the debt. I even said I would pay up everything with default charges. She hung up & started sending different threatening messages. The message above (bolded) was sent to all my contacts. I had to turn off my phone because the calls were too much. How would they correct this defamation after paying them?

I know they have many agents on this forum who would start defending them, but just know that "only God knows tomorrow". It's my turn today,,,, it could be yours tomorrow.

Y did you take a loan when you are not sure if you will be able to pay back.
Didn't you read their terms and conditions before saying Yes to their loan.
Did Sokoloan put a gun to your head to take their loan.
You should have borrowed the money from your family or friends if you don't want any harassment.
You deserve all the insults and harassment.
Nigerians are the worst set of people to borrow money because when its time to pay back, you become their enemy.
If everybody is like you defaulting in their loan payment, where will you get your urgent 2k next time.
Don't ruin another man's business, go and pay your loan and stop looking for pity party on nairaland.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by dobnina(f): 8:41am On Feb 14, 2021
I am glad we still have reasonable people on nairaland.

Re: . by dobnina(f): 8:44am On Feb 14, 2021
You took loan, you refuse to pay back, the loan company called you a thief and you are here complaining.

Re: . by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2021
dobnina:

Y did you take a loan when you are not sure if you will be able to pay back.
Didn't you read their terms and conditions before saying Yes to their loan.
Did Sokoloan put a gun to your head to take their loan.
You should have borrowed the money from your family or friends if you don't want any harassment.
You deserve all the insults and harassment.
Nigerians are the worst set of people to borrow money because when its time to pay back, you become their enemy.
If everybody is like you defaulting in their loan payment, where will you get your urgent 2k next time.
Don't ruin another man's business, go and pay your loan and stop looking for pity party on nairaland.

Ori yin ti gbale, sir.

Agent of doom!

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 14, 2021
Let us be honest, Nigerians have a very ugly loan repayment culture. Why would you apply for a loan with no plan for repayment? Did you think they will forgive the loan for you? You must have known Sokoloan will call your contacts, it is not a secret that this is what they do.

Nothing can trigger me more than a Nigerian complaining about being victimized at the hands of his creditors. I know how much I've lost to people who came to beg for loans, promising heaven and earth, and in the end they defaulted because I did not want to waste the time and energy pursuing them all over the country. When it comes to debt, we have neither conscience nor morals.

I'm in full support of Sokoloan using the strictest, most defamatory strong arm tactics to force Nigerians to pay their loans. We deserve it. I will even endorse Sokoloan to set up a debt collection agency. If I can remember my bad debtors, I'm ready to outsource the collection to them.

SirDelight:

As if you were going to pay before. Stop pretending that it's because of the messages and looking for fellow chronic debtors supporting your stance. Go and pay your debt. Non repayment of debt is stealing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by dobnina(f): 12:54pm On Feb 14, 2021
SirDelight:

Ori yin ti gbale, sir.

Agent of doom!
At least I am not a shameless debtor like you who wants to ruin another man's business.
Instead of you to read the terms and conditions of a contract, you were blinded by the free money you were about to get.
Now you are ranting all over nairaland.
Its people like you that gives Nigerians a bad name.
Now run along and look for money to clear your debt.

7 Likes

Re: . by dobnina(f): 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
Let us be honest, Nigerians have a very ugly loan repayment culture. Why would you apply for a loan with no plan for repayment? Did you think they will forgive the loan for you? You must have known Sokoloan will call your contacts, it is not a secret that this is what they do.

Nothing can trigger me more than a Nigerian complaining about being victimized at the hands of his creditors. I know how much I've lost to people who came to beg for loans, promising heaven and earth, and in the end they defaulted because I did not want to waste the time and energy pursuing them all over the country. When it comes to debt, we have neither conscience nor morals.

I'm in full support of Sokoloan using the strictest, most defamatory strong arm tactics to force Nigerians to pay their loans. We deserve it. I will even endorse Sokoloan to set up a debt collection agency. If I can remember my bad debtors, I'm ready to outsource the collection to them.
Dont mind the OP, he is here trying to play the victim card.

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 14, 2021
dobnina:

Dont mind the OP, he is here trying to play the victim card.

Don't mind him. According to his title, "The hearts of those who want to collect their money is desperately wicked", while the hearts of those who fail to repay their debts is desperately good. Smh.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2021
dobnina:

At least I am not a shameless debtor like you who wants to ruin another man's business.
Instead of you to read the terms and conditions of a contract, you were blinded by the free money you were about to get.
Now you are ranting all over nairaland.
Its people like you that gives Nigerians a bad name.
Now run along and look for money to clear your debt.

It's your time to rant,,, continue!
I may not be there while you cry indoor.

You know not what tomorrow holds in stock for you, dear. Just as I never foresaw this moment. Take heart then just as I am doing now grin

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 14, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Don't mind him. According to his title, "The hearts of those who want to collect their money is desperately wicked", while the hearts of those who fail to repay their debts is desperately good. Smh.

Smile @the bolded. If you think failing to repay the debt is one's wish. I wish you the same, too cheesy
Re: . by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 14, 2021
Atk1nson:

Dont bother repaying again, they have done their worst.

You seff avoid loan sharks except you are 99.999% sure you can repay on time

Thanks for concern.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 14, 2021
SirDelight:

Smile @the bolded. If you think failing to repay the debt is one's wish. I wish you the same, too cheesy

Nigerians do not consider debt repayment a priority and that's just it, so yes, it's a wish; or at best careless neglect. We think that our well being is better than that of others. When I first relocated back to Nigeria permanently, I fell for this shot so many times until I discovered that Nigerians do not consider debt as an obligation. Most are very capable of paying back, but they just don't. Those I loaned ranged from salary earners to friends who had businesses. You can see someone owing you N50k for 5 years throwing burial party of millions for his dead grandfather AND INVITING YOU SHAMELESSLY. There was a client of mine who owed me a mere N20K and refused to pay it until I had to purchase almost a million naira worth of goods from him, then wrote him a cheque deducting it over 6 years later. He was even telling me that my payment was incomplete until I reminded him of his 6 year old debt. So don't tell me it's not by their wish.

Even if it is poverty, those who do not have any guaranteed plan for repayment should beg for charity instead.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by Klass99(f): 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2021
smiley

4 Likes

Re: . by gozzlin: 2:23pm On Feb 14, 2021
Ọ bụghị ọnụ e jiri bite akụ ka e ji akwụ. undecided

When you were desperate for a loan, you went with tears in your eyes begging them to have mercy on you and give you the loan. Now you're calling them heartless and wicked for asking you to pay back the loan as agreed.

You are the wicked one here for bluntly refusing to pay. Why borrow the loan when you know you are not credit worthy? People like you hardly prosper in life until they change their wicked ways.

And to think that you came here to tarnish their image and de-market them rather than finding a way to repay them clearly paints you as a vile and sinister human being. Your type can never lend money to your friend in need when you have. You deserve some time in jail, criminal.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 14, 2021
SirDelight:

The message Is getting stale already. A lot of people are now aware of the nuisance they are making of themselves. I Just delete and don't even bother to read whenever they message me about one of their debtors......

6 Likes

Re: . by Atk1nson(m): 4:31pm On Feb 14, 2021
dobnina:
You took loan, you refuse to pay back, the loan company called you a thief and you are here complaining.
How does defaulting on a loan make a person a thief (particularly when the borrower has reached out to the lender to reschedule it)? Calling such person a thief is either an expression of financial illiteracy or just criminal intent to destroy a persons image. Its not unusual in business to have terms rescheduled, it should not warrant to defamation particularly at the first instance of such request. Does asking for an extension to pay tuition for school classes you have attended make you a criminal? Lets be reasonable.

Sokoloan on the other hand is deliberately granting easy access to unsecured loans to lure people desperate for cash at any cost. In advanced economies such behaviour are not allowed.

If these people did indeed have it in mind to defraud sokoloan, they would simply have used a line with only dummy contacts. The fact they used lines with real contacts shows the intention was not to default. However, they were too desperate to not to take the loan.

As for sokoloan, they have a responsibility to ensure loans are only given to credit worthy people but most of them will not pay the riduculous interest they charge, so they lower the bar and give it to people who stand a high chance of default

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2021
gozzlin:
Ọ bụghị ọnụ e jiri bite akụ ka e ji akwụ. undecided

When you were desperate for a loan, you went with tears in your eyes begging them to have mercy on you and give you the loan. Now you're calling them heartless and wicked for asking you to pay back the loan as agreed.

You are the wicked one here for bluntly refusing to pay. Why borrow the loan when you know you are not credit worthy? People like you hardly prosper in life until they change their wicked ways.

And to think that you came here to tarnish their image and de-market them rather than finding a way to repay them clearly paints you as a vile and sinister human being. Your type can never lend money to your friend in need when you have. You deserve some time in jail, criminal.

Aisan wa lara e.

Mind you, when I have, I do not only lend out but also give,,,,, offline & online. You don't expect me to start giving you the list of people owing me, do you I doubt you could joke with a dime. I have a proof here on NL. If you have any, show me the post where you willingly gave a dime to any needy on NL. This is just a bridge I'm destined to cross. Quote me & beg for alm in the nearest future, I am definitely gonna be 10x better than you,,,, supo arogo mu.

Acagon tongue
Re: . by faithfull18(f): 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2021
They didn't do wrong. Most Nigerians are heartless and wicked when it involves money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2021
faithfull18:
They didn't do wrong. Most Nigerians are heartless and wicked when it involves money.

By tarnishing my family reputation Well, the dignity of our family matters a lot. I don't know about yours

1 Like

Re: . by Karleb(m): 9:40pm On Feb 14, 2021
SirDelight:

By tarnishing my family reputation Well, the dignity of our family matters a lot. I don't know about yours

Don't mind that fellow.

Don't pay them. Funny thing is the amount might not be up to 50k.

1 Like

Re: . by faithfull18(f): 9:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
SirDelight:

You should have considered that before defaulting. Most Nigerians are very inconsiderate and wicked when it comes to paying back what they begged to borrow. The loan company didn't do wrong. You can't run business with sentiments in this part of the world if not they get runned down and the same people would be wondering why they didn't survive.

I am sure you didn't read the terms and conditions before going ahead to take the loan.

After begging to collect loans, when it's time to pay, they start telling stories for the gods and telling their creditors to go and do their worse like they forced anybody to take the loans.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by RSVP: 9:56pm On Feb 14, 2021
faithfull18:

You should have considered that before defaulting. Most Nigerians are very inconsiderate and wicked when it comes to paying back what they begged to borrow. The loan company didn't do wrong. You can't run business with sentiments in this part of the world if not they get runned down and the same people would be wondering why.

You're very correct.
I borrowed a colleague of mine 5k just a week before the pay day and he almost swear he would definitely pay back as soon as he receive his salary. . I was convinced and transfer the amount to him.
Would you believe this man received the salary and came to tell me his salary was slashed blah blah blah. I kept my cool for 2 days and he doesn't mention the money he borrowed. I asked him and he said he forgot his USSD pin and won't be able to do transfer but he will send the money when he got home later that evening.. I was very furious and began to call him before he send me my money..

I began to wonder why some people are being so difficult to pay back what they borrow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys, Do You Pray To Marry A Woman Like Your Mother? / My Neighbors Daughter Stays In My House Too Much, How Do I Make Her Go? / Being Single Or Being Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.