Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:36 AM

Valentine's Day: Where Is The Love? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Valentine's Day: Where Is The Love? (147 Views)

I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day / Father Gives His Daughter Valentine's Day Advice About Not Losing Her Virginity / Beautiful Lady In Wheelchair Got Married To The Love Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Valentine's Day: Where Is The Love? by Thanos(m): 4:10am On Feb 14, 2021
It’s February 14, the day known as Valentine’s Day all over the world. An occasion that, according to unverified history, was earmarked for the celebration of love. Now, it has turned into a free-for-all, hall pass-Esque day where everyone is trying to get laid. After all, getting down under is what unfortunately passes as love nowadays.

I can see the crowd coming with their pitchforks and knives, ready to silence me with their typical attacks. “you are just a bitter man because you have no one to share this day with”. Or for those who want to sink lower, “you are broke and therefore your opinion on this subject is invalid”. Because not possessing or showcasing wealth on social media nowadays give you no right to think for yourself. That is the level of discourse in the world nowadays. You can get canceled and ridiculed for deciding to go against the grain and think for yourself.

I would say this though. I do not blame the people. The world is a marketplace and sex sells. Always have from time immemorial. Only it is more prominent in the modern age, as the values that were upheld and provided us with a template by which we should act have been completely eroded. Hollywood and the entire movie industry, serving as agents of denudation to that effect, with their unrealistic fantasies and misconceptions about love sold to us.

We could run over the overplayed clichés and themes present in all romance movies pumped out by movie studios over the years. But eventually, it all boils down to between 100-180 minutes of screen time dedicated to a man convincing a woman that the solution to all her problems is a penis or sometimes, the other way around. It is such a shame that emotion so powerful, so profound, so all-encompassing as love has been reduced to an activity.

The classic Disney cartoons many of us grew up on were our first introduction to the sad version of love that.....
https://revoluth./2021/02/14/where-is-the-love/
Re: Valentine's Day: Where Is The Love? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
The link to takes by uberlight is not working

(1) (Reply)

Introducing Amazon Cashierless Go Store. / Fatherless And Motherless Folks Heart-to-heart Confabulate. / How To Make Healthy Papaya And Mango Milkshake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.