Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,098 members, 7,807,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity (50247 Views)

Zulum Gives ₦100Million To 152 Ex-Thugs For Renouncing Thuggery In Borno / Governor Zulum Gives Teachers Test In A Classroom (Pictures) / Jubilation As Troops Repel Boko Haram Attack In Monguno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by contigiency(m): 6:20am On Feb 14, 2021
Borno State Governor Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum, has approved the payment of N13.9 million and car gift to a 65-year old medical doctor from Ogun State, who lived within the General Hospital in Monguno and continued to offer healthcare services to patients even when the town was faced with the most severe threats by Boko Haram.

The doctor, Dr. Isa Akinbode, graduated from the University of Maiduguri and joined the Borno State Civil Service, where he served for 22 years before he retired in 2016 at Monguno General Hospital.

After his retirement, the doctor, despite reports that he was once abducted and released by Boko Haram in Monguno, remained at the General Hospital in Monguno to offer voluntary medical services. Then Governor Kashim Shettima, during one his visits to Monguno, directed officials of the state’s Ministry of Health to engage Akinbode as a contract staff. Due to bureaucratic procedures, officials at the ministry in Maiduguri, however, delayed formalising the doctor’s contract, even though he continued to serve.

Five years later, Governor Zulum, on Friday, directed that Dr. Akinbode be paid his accrued arrears of N13.9m based on the terms of the contract directed by the former governor in 2016. Zulum also directed that going forward, contracts should be formalised for monthly entitlements.

The governor also presented a Toyota Highlander as gift to Dr Akinbode for his services to the host people of Borno.

“These (people like Dr Akinbode) are the kinds of people that need to be encouraged. He lives in Monguno despite all the security problems. My predecessor had during his visit to Monguno directed that he should be engaged on contract basis; unfortunately due to some bureaucratic procedures, his reengagement has not been formalised. In fulfilment of the promise of my boss, I decided to re-engage him on contract basis retrospectively. We are paying all his entitlements/salary in arrears. I am giving him a cheque of N13.9m. I have also approved his reengagement from 2016, being the date of his retirement.” Zulum said.

Governor Zulum also approved the recruitment of Dr Akinbode’s daughter, who studied Public Administration at the University of Maiduguri, into the Borno State Civil Service.

https://thenationonlineng.net/for-remaining-at-monguno-hospital-despite-boko-haram-zulum-approves-n13-9m-car-for-yoruba-doctor/

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by EmptyGarden(m): 6:23am On Feb 14, 2021
Deserving.
But Zulum for just make am N14m.

241 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by DaddyRochie1642: 6:28am On Feb 14, 2021
If that man was killed will Zulum have given that man's Family one naira?

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Smileall(m): 6:29am On Feb 14, 2021
This is the fruit of selfless service
May my helper locate me too very soon

205 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Racoon(m): 6:39am On Feb 14, 2021
Commendable! This is patriotism even against his own life.Now where will one see the opposite of the selfless service the determined man have rendered by someone from the region elsewhere? All they do is promoting and involving in a ethno-religio-political dominations and expansionist agenda.Meanwhile, this man have been made a security risk.The good gesture should have been done quietly.He should quietly quit & relocate in his own interest.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Kriss216: 6:48am On Feb 14, 2021
With this public recognition, you've endangered the man's life. He's now a high target for the monstrous terrorists.

208 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by inoki247: 6:51am On Feb 14, 2021
You Sha don give him what will make Bandits or Boko to notice him...

please give him two Soldier nd nd two police to start looking after him.....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Yankee101: 6:53am On Feb 14, 2021
Some people have given themselves to service even at the risk of personal existential costs

That's why the devil is scared of humans. They can do almost anything they put their hearts to

35 Likes

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 14, 2021
When I told them southerners run northern medical system they said it's a lie

Oil is one reason north don't want Nigeria to break ...the main is manpower

Without NYSC many northern youths won't have the opportunity to be taught by a university graduate

60% of medical professionals in the north are southerns ...Igbos alone hold 40% of that

Years n years of propaganda would be exposed the day Nigeria breaks

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by BlackfireX: 6:55am On Feb 14, 2021
APC is the best

1 Like

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Tulsaguy: 6:56am On Feb 14, 2021
until front page
Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 14, 2021
A Governor praising a civilian for staying in an endangered zone which is his sole duty to cure of insecurity, years after, it's still insecure..

But this is Nigeria... we dont think that deep.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Henix(m): 7:01am On Feb 14, 2021
A kind gesture well deserved

3 Likes

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Nowenuse: 7:10am On Feb 14, 2021
Southerners are actually far far more patriotic than the core-northerners.
You guys actually deserve so much more and far better than this country called Nigeria. Unfortunately, pride, selfishness and stupidity among you guys (Yorubas, Igbos & Nigerdeltans) will continue to be your undoing.

A typical Hausa' fulani professional will not even want to serve in the South even if there is no uprising. How much more if there is one.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by potent5(m): 7:14am On Feb 14, 2021
When the terrorists in the noorth murder him, he should be buried in the stupid car. Nonsense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by contigiency(m): 7:17am On Feb 14, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

What's your point exactly?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by majamajic(m): 7:21am On Feb 14, 2021
Zulum is one of the best governor in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by CodeTemplar: 7:24am On Feb 14, 2021
This is a good Sunday thread to demonstrate charity. I can bet that doctor served not expecting anything in return. That's real humanity service and not those who use commonwealth of the people on themselves.

11 Likes

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by jumper524(m): 7:25am On Feb 14, 2021
Igbochief001:

Without NYSC many northern youths won't have the opportunity to be taught by a university graduate

60% of medical professionals in the north are southerns ...Igbos alone hold 40% of that

ipob bureau of stats.
una and percentage be like

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by nedekid: 7:26am On Feb 14, 2021
EmptyGarden:
Deserving.
But Zulum for just make am N14m.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by nedekid: 7:26am On Feb 14, 2021
What a just man.
God bless him.
Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Rugaria: 7:30am On Feb 14, 2021
Is that not Lauretta Onochie looking like a praying mantis near the governor? Has she gone to Borno to spew her patented kind of garbage?

4 Likes

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by maasoap(m): 7:31am On Feb 14, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

That means you didn't read anything about Zulum and the ways he treats people, dead or alive.

10 Likes

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Kirkman: 7:36am On Feb 14, 2021
Must everything be for photo-ops, or they think boko boys don't read the news, In my opinion all this show off wasn't necessary

2 Likes

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 14, 2021
contigiency:
Borno State Governor Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum, has approved the payment of N13.9 million and car gift to a 65-year old medical doctor from Ogun State, who lived within the General Hospital in Monguno and continued to offer healthcare services to patients even when the town was faced with the most severe threats by Boko Haram.

The doctor, Dr. Isa Akinbode, graduated from the University of Maiduguri and joined the Borno State Civil Service, where he served for 22 years before he retired in 2016 at Monguno General Hospital.

After his retirement, the doctor, despite reports that he was once abducted and released by Boko Haram in Monguno, remained at the General Hospital in Monguno to offer voluntary medical services. Then Governor Kashim Shettima, during one his visits to Monguno, directed officials of the state’s Ministry of Health to engage Akinbode as a contract staff. Due to bureaucratic procedures, officials at the ministry in Maiduguri, however, delayed formalising the doctor’s contract, even though he continued to serve.

Five years later, Governor Zulum, on Friday, directed that Dr. Akinbode be paid his accrued arrears of N13.9m based on the terms of the contract directed by the former governor in 2016. Zulum also directed that going forward, contracts should be formalised for monthly entitlements.

The governor also presented a Toyota Highlander as gift to Dr Akinbode for his services to the host people of Borno.

“These (people like Dr Akinbode) are the kinds of people that need to be encouraged. He lives in Monguno despite all the security problems. My predecessor had during his visit to Monguno directed that he should be engaged on contract basis; unfortunately due to some bureaucratic procedures, his reengagement has not been formalised. In fulfilment of the promise of my boss, I decided to re-engage him on contract basis retrospectively. We are paying all his entitlements/salary in arrears. I am giving him a cheque of N13.9m. I have also approved his reengagement from 2016, being the date of his retirement.” Zulum said.

Governor Zulum also approved the recruitment of Dr Akinbode’s daughter, who studied Public Administration at the University of Maiduguri, into the Borno State Civil Service.

https://thenationonlineng.net/for-remaining-at-monguno-hospital-despite-boko-haram-zulum-approves-n13-9m-car-for-yoruba-doctor/

If na me I go japa to Dubai with the money

4 Likes

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by nairalandankrah: 8:07am On Feb 14, 2021
Zulum just succeeded in exposing this man to bandits... Watch how they'll come for their share of the 13 million..
If zulum can be attacked, how much more an ordinary civilian
Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:12am On Feb 14, 2021
Smileall:

This is the fruit of selfless service
May my helper locate me too very soon
Amen to your prayers.

@the Bolded, END OF THREAD!
You are so in our minds.

Smileall:
God bless you for your kind words
I feel blessed right now
You are always welcome.

Your helper will locate you before the end of this month of Love.
#JustBelieve.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:13am On Feb 14, 2021
NosaHenry:

I would have agreed with you but remember he was abducted before by the same Boko Haram. I think they already know him and possibly like him.
Really?!

Racoon:
Commendable! This is patriotism even against his own life.
Now where will one see the opposite of the selfless service the determined man have rendered by someone from the region elsewhere? All they do is promoting and involving in a ethno-religio-political dominations and expansionist agenda.
Racoon, do not let everything in life becomes political to you.
Take some time out to breathe, take ur boo out for a date or something.
This is getting kinda chronic.

An advice from the elders.
Happy Val wink

Meanwhile, incase u never hear,

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Simplyleo: 8:13am On Feb 14, 2021
[s]
Igbochief001:

[/s]
Okay

Now read this if you can.

The doctor, Dr. Isa Akinbode, graduated from the University of Maiduguri and joined the Borno State Civil Service, where he served for 22 years before he retired in 2016 at Monguno General Hospital

Yet, if igbos can't secure admission in any Northern university, ipob miscreants will be all over the places exhibiting their foolishness.

Now, this man was trained in the North, got job in the states civil service, served meritoriously and being compensated by the state govt, yet you are still typing nonsense.

Even though the statistics you are brandishing must have been generated from one beer parlour, let's assume it's true. So it is now an offence for igbos to get employed in the North. Yet, if they can't get employed, ipob lunatics will be all over the places.

Give them employment, "it is because we are the best".

They can't get employment, "it is because they hate us".

Pls, leave out the "we south" in the nonsense you are typing.

Since the igbos which account for over 100% of medical personnel in the North are offering selfless services, I suggest you call them back home.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:16am On Feb 14, 2021
Simplyleo:

Okay

Now read this if you can.

Yet, if igbos can't secure admission in any Northern university, ipob miscreants will be all over the places exhibiting their foolishness.

Now, this man was trained in the North, got job in the states civil service, served meritoriously and being compensated by the state govt, yet you are still typing nonsense.

Even though the statistics you are brandishing must have been generated from one beer parlour, let's assume it's true. So it is now an offence for igbos to get employed in the North. Yet, if they can't get employed, ipob lunatics will be all over the places.

Give them employment, "it is because we are the best".

They can't get employment, "it is because they hate us

Pls, leave out the "we south" in the nonsense you are typing.

Since the igbos which account for over 100% of medical personnel in the North are offering selfless services, I suggest you call them back home.
God bless you for always teaching those kind of people sense with your wise golden words.
All they are after is creating enmity among all tribes and region in our darling country.
Hatred for their fellow citizens has eaten deeply into them.
Only God can save them.

Fortunately, there is nothing we can do about it! cheesy

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by dalongjnr: 8:16am On Feb 14, 2021
Igbochief001:

lol,you will soon wakeup.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Gives N13.9m And Car To A Doctor For Staying In Monguno Despite Insecurity by Smileall(m): 8:28am On Feb 14, 2021
post=99048428:

Amen to your prayers.

@the Bolded, END OF THREAD!
You are so in our minds.
God bless you for your kind words
I feel blessed right now

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa / Abaribe, Others Lose N300m Bail Bond As FG Rearrests Kanu / Orji Kalu Storms Aba For Tonimas' Requiem Mass (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.