Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,789 members, 7,798,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Nigerian Embassy And Police Report - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report (13555 Views)

The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / German Embassy And Visa / Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by bluecole2(m): 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2011
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions, much appreciation. Although a few are silly. These are the reasons why people are always critical of Nigerians. We should be care what we write as non Nigerians also read this forums.

It a shame people like Nagoma ruine what this forum represents. It sad, but it seems Nagoma lack education, common sense and open mind. I believe the users of this forum had suggested where he belong.

Please be careful and don't rush into judgement. Not everyone here illegally wants to be. It's feels good to live in europe and have a sense of free movement and I'm happy I got the opportunity but I didn't think my parent will bring me here illegally while he lives here legally.

Anyway, I got the police report today. The embassy staff stamped the police request for passport number etc  after lots of talking at the embassy. I still don't know why I need to police report to get a new passport, perhaps some of the staffs need to join Nagoma in the zoo.

As for the interview date, it doesn't change, I've got an interview in October and tried to reschedule it but still got the same date.

I'm sorry i can't answer or reply everybody's questions, I'll try though- yes I've got a letter from the HO asking me to get a passport. If not I wouldn't need a passport, what's the use? It will only help in facilitating swift deportation if found by ukba.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by babaowo: 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2011
@ sun of god, you got it right thats d best advice so far which i think his talking frm experience,listling to sun of god.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2011
@OP your case got lucky, thank your stars UK immigration have nothing to say now wink
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by seye4nii(f): 7:15pm On Apr 08, 2011
Posted by: nagoma

Insert Quote

Its amazing how far people can go in defence of illegality Seedord247 feels that I am acriminal for saying it plain language. Ultrame says I am an animal. But the truth remains unchanged , how cld u say that a child who was brth in by his or her parent to london is a criminal.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by nagoma(m): 7:45pm On Apr 08, 2011
The truth is that somebody did not do what is right. The young man may be at the receiving end but you can't justify ,glorify or pacify a wrong doing and crucify me for calling a spade a spade. I am happy he is succeeding but it pains me to see a Nigerian on the wrong side of the law especially outside africa. It affects me and others who do their best not to stick out like sore thumb in such societies. I hate stereotyping and I hope the young man has learnt some lesson even from my, apparently, insensitive comments. I don't mean to cause harm - just to be corrective by bringing in the concept of punishment for wrong doings.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by orbaxy(m): 8:05pm On Apr 08, 2011
nagoma:

The truth is that somebody did not do what is right. The young man may be at the receiving end but you can't justify ,glorify or pacify a wrong doing and crucify me for calling a spade a spade. I am happy he is succeeding but it pains me to see a Nigerian on the wrong side of the law especially outside africa. It affects me and others who do their best not to stick out like sore thumb in such societies. I hate stereotyping and I hope the young man has learnt some lesson even from my, apparently, insensitive comments. I don't mean to cause harm - just to be corrective by bringing in the concept of punishment for wrong doings.

Are you insinuating that his crime is "being brought into the Uk illegally @ a tender age by his parents?"

I wonder what advise you gave here. you still sound stupid to me.

I can only fault him on the idea of posting such "sensitive circumstance" on the web.

maybe, he'll be better off seeking consultation from professional immigration lawyers. Besides, am happy he's making progress.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by kabna(m): 8:40pm On Apr 08, 2011
well earlier on you mentioned that even if you had a genuine passport which had gone missing, there was no way the embassy would have been able to trace the details in the passport. so my point why dont you make up the passport details consistent with the time you arrived in uk. check ho nigerian passport details were written in the time you came and manufacture accordingly using your preffered details. the uk police can only verify from the nigerian embassy if those details are true. since they are likely not to have good records, they will go on phase value and if looks real they will confrim it as real. assuming all go well.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by software(m): 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2011
come back home bro, we expecting U grin grin
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by jumobi1(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2011
good luck bro. Is the October interview fine?
If anything, can't u get a passport from Naija? Pay people and I'm sure you can get a legal one sent from Naija. Don't you have any old 9ja passport at all? Or get a birth certificate from Naija and give it to the Passport people.
And don't mind that guy that said you should book appointment with the H.C. It's impossible because your case is not special and there are thousands of Nigerians who want to see him.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by francisj(m): 11:46am On Apr 09, 2011
nagoma:

You are a criminal , present yourself to the police. We in NL cannot encourage law breaking.
You may serve only 2 years before you are deported to a Nigerian Prison
Ultrame:

You are an animal, present yourself to the zoo. We in NL cannot encourage stray animals.
You may serve only 2 years before you are deported to a Nigerian zoo.

Laugh and fall from the chair He-he-he-he grin grin grin grin grin

u guys are funny grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by OAM4J: 12:12pm On Apr 09, 2011
jumobi1:

good luck bro. Is the October interview fine?
If anything, can't u get a passport from Naija? Pay people and I'm sure you can get a legal one sent from Naija. Don't you have any old 9ja passport at all? Or get a birth certificate from Naija and give it to the Passport people.
And don't mind that guy that said you should book appointment with the H.C. It's impossible because your case is not special and there are thousands of Nigerians who want to see him.

You definitely has no clue about getting a new Nigerian passport.

Anyway the poster is already making progress read his update.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2011
U lied. You crossed border illegally to the UK, if not your Dad would have joined you to the Nigeria embasssy. Another Excuse u wanna give is your father is now late. lol. Nigerians and wonderful lies.

Any way, simply go and beg them, explain you entered without passport and PAY BRIBE, na una culture, to get a passport.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by bluecole2(m): 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2011
@LeoMax
Why are you such a sad, dumb and senseless goat?

For the record, I was 11/12 when I was brought here to meet my dad and he's wife. Kicked out of the house by he wife, still no had feeling and definitely not implicating him (taking the immigration or police to his house) because I've still got respect for my dad even though he doesn't realise it.

Think before you rush into judgement you arrogant thwart.

People like you make the world what it is today. You don't seem to give people a fare trial before you convict them.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by bluecole2(m): 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2011
Guys

You lot need to realise this forum is there for advice and not to condemn people not matter what the case may be.

It's not a debate and it's not for you to guess or suggest the person who wants to be advised had done something wrong.

You don't know what will happen to you tomorrow so please just advice and move on.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by OAM4J: 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2011
bluecole@

Its a public forum as you rightly said and in a public forum like this you will encounter different kinds of people; some are sensible, some are not, some are dumbs, some are attention seekers and some are just plain stupid. Just pick the advices from the sensible ones, educate the dumbs if possible and ignore the rest. cool
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by Torombo(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2011
OP - I think you have strong case to apply for a Home Office Travel Document called Certificate of Travel because you can't get a passport from the Nigerian Embassy. Details on how to apply at the weblink below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while-in-uk/travel-abroad/traveldocuments/applying/

This will allow you to travel anywhere except Nigeria.

Please don't declare yourself stateless as some posters have suggested.

Also, UK law is that a child is incapable of committing an immigration offence, so take no notice of posters saying you are a criminal.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by nasoeb: 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2011
OP you need to understand that many choices may come your way but my honest advise is for you to make a wise one. I think its best for you to get a legal advise on whats your best shot on this like someone advise above. After then you can have wider spectrum on how easier or difficult your situation maybe. then you can start considering getting it done through the legal solicitor which i am sure will give you a better stand and confidence, I am sure it is very possible. On the other hand you can apply for the statelessness because it also gives you all the protection you may require while you toss your head for your next move

Good Luck smiley
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by bluecole2(m): 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2011
Thanks once again guys,

I won't be going down the route of statelessness.

Furtunately for me I can't be removed from the country, the matter is now beyond ukba.

I'm definitely getting a legal status that's why I was asked to get a passport and it isn't to facilitate easy removal.

As for passport, the october interview isn't fine. I'll appreciate and earlier date as I need to get this stuff from ukba so I can open a new page in my life.

Certificate of travel? not too sure about that? I guess it useful for those who do not wish to return to there country, I don't think i will go through that route. However thank for suggesting.

Also it's absolutely impossible to get the biometric passport from nigeria, they need to take finger prints electronically.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by tsmith(f): 9:08am On Apr 10, 2011
Sup OP, you are over complicating matters.

Nigeria embassy no hard like that, rather than say your passport is missing which would start another long story, go up to any of their passport issuing centres with the same application and say you forgot your passport at home, they wld do a Nigeria authentication interview (asking u questions in a native language etc).

My family just did the new e-passport in Cardiff, there I saw a guy that had been to Birmingham-Manchester-cardiff all on the same day. He didn't have his passport but all they did was ask him questions like " onirin melo nii ee" etc. I sensed the guy naa overstayer orcspme sort of runs person, 'coz why chase them arnd.

Also u can form any passport number 4 the police report as our Nigerian system is so porous and there is so way to either correlate old n new passports or dispute the existence of lost ones. Though with the new e-passport. Trail will should exist ( we hope), butbu can play arnd with anything prior.

The passport issuing team r in major cities, I think they r done with Cardiff, but I bob they r still in birminghm, Manchester and somewhere in Scotland. The Info is on their website
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by tsmith(f): 9:19am On Apr 10, 2011
This is the number of one of the passport officials, Madam Uche- 07552315986 in the UK.

As advised, the less story the better for you. What you shd be finding out is where they are (as they kept moving in Cardiff), opening times etc. You need a £20 postal order as well.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by wycleaftic: 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2011
Its amazing how far people can go in defence of illegality Seedord247 feels that I am acriminal for saying it plain language. Ultrame says I am an animal. But the truth remains unchanged.

@ Nagoma, u think its easy putting documents 2gether to travell out? i dont know if uve ever travelled outta nija then u would wanna be of help instead of condeming. All the same, though its illegal to be outta the country without the due process, we have people who had immigrated ( and are still) into nigeria without the required documents to carry out business. infact ours is the most volatile and porous country where people move in and out as if its their toilet.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by wycleaftic: 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2011
@ bluecole, iam not knowledeable in allthis passport and immigration stuff. But i would like to say like others did, that, the ball is in ur court, its for u to take the best advice suitable for u. if possible get the service of a lawyer maybe he/she must have handled such issue. bit dont compound issues for urself by pulling up a fake or watery lies like someone adviced u to admitt that the Passport was 4gotten. The question might be, how then did u cross over? so look b4 u leap. and hey! when things are cool, pls lets keep in touch, i might need to talk with u on a personal note ok. my email is wycleaftic@yahoo.com. goodluck.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by Desola(f): 12:37am On Apr 11, 2011
Bluecole, why don't you explain your predicament to the UKBA? I know of people who have received their statuses on an immigration status document which is more or less the vignette on an A4 paper. Have the UK confirmed the grant to you in writing? I know that the UKBA does not absolutely require your passport to issue you a grant of your visa - if you are already in the UK.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by bluecole2(m): 10:01am On Apr 12, 2011
@tsmith
I called Madame Uche, she's finished her mission and will be returning to Nigeria today, she said.

@wycleaftic
I'll keep in-touch

@Desola
I totally agree with you. Yes I planned to put it in writing but visited my MP this weekend to help on this matter. She'll get in-touch with ukba and MP(s) usually get swift response from ukba. Surely they should be able to issue whatever they have to issue on A4 paper. I'm waiting for MP letter before I proceed.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by Arctic(m): 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2011
I just came across this article today.

The Nigerian High Commission (UK) have been providing a mobile e-passport service for the past few months round the UK but I think it just ended last week in Manchester.

They were also in Birmingham 2-3 weeks ago and they provided the service for a 2 week period. No need for interview date, just turn up with your recepipt and payment confirmation from the internet.

Well you may be lucky and they may start the process again.

Keep checking the Nigerian High Commission website for any updates.

See the links:

http://www.nhcuk.org/uploads/news/epassportlondon.pdf

http://www.nhcuk.org/uploads/news/mobile_enrolment.pdf

http://www.nhcuk.org/

http://www.canuk.org.uk/news.aspx

Thanks

Arctic
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by bluecole2(m): 9:30am On Apr 20, 2011
Thanks Arctic

Yeah there was this mobile service in London as well. I was there 5am and was No 5 on the queue. When they opened I wasn't allowed in. I was told its for people who already had a passport.

I was there until 1pm begging them to let me in, they insisted I come back on my appointment date in October. While waiting there and begging they allowed there fellow Hausas in without a passport, when I voiced my concern they covered it up and said they've got passports but they never asked them to show their passport as all other did.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by Arctic(m): 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2011
I know someone who was allowed to to take photo and process his new passport when they came to Birmingham. This person had lost his original passport and brought a police report and photocopy of the old passport.

Good luck anyway and have a Happy Easter.

Arctic
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by bluecole2(m): 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2011
Unfortunately I never had a passport which means I won't be able to get a photocopy. However thanks for your concern and I'll keep trying as hard as I can.

And have a happy Easter too. Thank Arctic
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by bluecole2(m): 7:42am On May 01, 2011
Guys, Just a little update, it might also be useful for anybody that may find themselves in similarly situation to mine.

I went back to the embassy (London) about 2 Weeks ago to see if I can find someone to talk to in other to have my interview date for passport rescheduled. I met a diffErent embassy staff and explained my situation and how important it is for me to gEt a passport real quick. He gave me an e-mail ad 'nis-support@socketworksng.com', told me to e-mail them and it could be rescheduled to an earlier date.

I'm glad to tell you lot now that my interview date and been changed from from 6 months away to couple of day ahead.

I hope all goes well, and I should be with a passport real soon. Thanks guys for all your advice on this thread.

One quick question still, on the lost passport application where it requires guarantors details; my guarantor is my mother and she lives in Nigeria, does she really as to swear in court and does thE court has to sign the form?

I look forward to this one. Thanks once again guys.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by renntin: 2:21pm On May 23, 2011
Hey bluecole2. how far have you gone with the passport thingy? Any updates?
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by bluecole2(m): 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2011
I'm pleased to tell you all that I've finally got my passport today. Although, it wasn't easy to get to this stage. During my interview at NHC I was told to provide a letter from HO and it will be sent back to HO for confirmation and they will call me when they get a response. I returned after about a week since I didn't receive any call and was shown a booklet that contains some names with letter that was sent to HO. Unfortunately, mine returned as false i.e fake. I was pissed and surprised. I complained to head of immigration and was told to provide another letter which I did but things time it took over 3 weeks for them to get the confirmation.

Anyway, picture and finger prints was taking in a process that didn't last more than 5 mins and was told to return today. It took about 2 and half months in total to get here. I guess it could have been longer but it wasn't probably because I didnt wait for their call and kept going there every other day to find out whether they've got the confirmation. I paid online on 05/04/11 and got it today.

I guess this is the end of the story. Thanks to everyone concerned.
Re: Nigerian Embassy And Police Report by umunekpo(m): 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2011
hi everyone, please i need help with obtaining a police CRB check here in the UK. Can anyone please give me info on how to get a form and it's requirements. Am really desperate here, thank you all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please I Really Need A Working Visa To Kuwait,oman,bahrian / LASG Announces New Arrangements To Aid Traffic Flow On Third Mainland Bridge / Ten Differences Between Ghana And Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.