Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,703 members, 7,805,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm (1263 Views)

Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) / How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) / Please How Do Sell My Plantain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by sulaimon22: 12:20pm On Feb 14, 2021
As a young man in Nigeria trying to survive, I ventured into farming and this is what Fulani herders did to my farm overnight

This is outright injustice.

@lalasticlala pls help push this to front page

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by tyup(m): 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2021
I'm still looking for what's burnt here

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by sulaimon22: 12:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
The pictures Re not uploading
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by Frip(f): 12:26pm On Feb 14, 2021
Upload let's see
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by johnkey: 12:38pm On Feb 14, 2021
if only our corrupt leaders care. get some very dangerous weapons, lots of petrol and lighter, strong aboki rope, pay some thugs, trace those fulani to where they sleep at night, attack them without notice, kill the men first, then tie all the captured women and kids and cows, burn them with the building to ashes, go home and sleep well.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by Thewrath(m): 12:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
Sorry bro.

But you see,the SW needs to own up,take responsibility for their actions,swallow their pride,quit the blame games and accept they have made a mistake,they have endangered the whole south for their selfish insterest.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by FatherCHRISTMAS: 12:40pm On Feb 14, 2021
sulaimon22:
As a young man in Nigeria trying to survive, I ventured into farming and this is what Fulani herders did to my farm overnight

This is outright injustice.

@lalasticlala pls help push this to front page

What state is this... What's the exact location
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by sulaimon22: 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

What state is this... What's the exact location

Ogun State. OFADA
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by NwaAmaikpe: 12:44pm On Feb 14, 2021
shocked

I do not believe you.
I do not believe this was done by Fulani herdsmen.
Let's be careful not to cast aspersion on tribes.

Please do not forget what our national leader Tinubu adviced in July 2019 when commenting on the murder of Funke Olakunrin (Pa Fasoranti's daughter) by supposed Fulani herdsmen.

In case you have...this were his words.

"....there are a lot of copycats...How many years ago have we faced the insecurity in the country? There are cases of kidnapping.
Is Evans too; who was arrested and made disclosures, also a herdsman?

“I don’t want to be political, but I will ask, where are the cows?”

:Bola Ahmed Tinubu, 2019.

This was done overnight, so how are you sure it was done by Fulani herdsmen and not your kinsmen who are envious that you are gradually finding your feet?
Till you find their cows, I will neither believe nor condole with you.

Forgive my pessimism and rationalism; our leader Jagaban can not be wrong.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by Frip(f): 12:44pm On Feb 14, 2021
sulaimon22:

Ogun State. OFADA

But I thought there were no herdsmen in Ofada. Mokoloki for that matter?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by sulaimon22: 12:46pm On Feb 14, 2021
Frip:

But I thought there were no herdsmen in Ofada. Mokoloki for that matter?

Says who. There are herdsmen around ofada/mokoloki oo

They even killed two people at owode this week
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by TwoBottles: 12:48pm On Feb 14, 2021
My fiancé's dad narrowly escaped death in his rice farm last year at Ajaokuta, Kogi state.
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by Frip(f): 12:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
sulaimon22:

Says who. There are herdsmen around ofada/mokoloki oo

They even killed two people at owode this week

Ah!

I just leave my workers to work on site I don't go there daily. But I hardly come across fulani there nah. The community policing by the entire community is also strict. How could this evil act get done just like that

I hope you've notified the elders in the area you got the land and Oie?

I am not close to the villages. I got my own sites deep inside the forest so I'm quite distant from people and isolated inside inside
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by Frip(f): 12:54pm On Feb 14, 2021
I have learnt. I'm going to look for 3 to 5 Amotekun or Opc operatives to employ. No time

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by Mayor21(m): 12:55pm On Feb 14, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Spill it out bruh cheesy
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by Ecbatana: 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2021
angry
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by kokkubabboni421(m): 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2021
this man
Happy valentines to you
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I do not believe you.

Please do not forget what our national leader Tinubu adviced when commenting on the murder of Funke Olakunrin (Pa Fasoranti's daughter) by supposed Fulani herdsmen.

"....there are a lot of copycats...How many years ago have we faced the insecurity in the country? There are cases of kidnapping.

If this was done overnight how are you sure it was done by Fulani herdsmen and not your kinsmen who are envious that you are gradually finding your feet?

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by Queenlovely(f): 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2021
I am so sorry for your loss,

I lived in India for few years, I noticed Indians have more cows than 50 African countries combined together.

Yet you don't hear about herdsmen or roaming cows wandering into farms and destroying things.

I went to do my research and discovered that, everything is organized in India, They have a farming zone in India,

but in Nigeria our farms are scattered anyhow, the way we build our houses indiscriminately without planning..

We are supposed to have a farming zone, it would be big that it can be easily seen from space.

let us organise our farming arrangement, you can't turn a residential area to a farm, In the past their was a grazing route but people now farm, build homes on those grazing routes making herdsmen go around in mazes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by GOFRONT(m): 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2021
I only come to wish NwaAmaikpe a happy Val's day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by adadike(f): 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2021
Take heart dear but I want you to be double sure that Fulani herdsmen truly did this. This could also be the work of envious people around you . That said, I am using this opportunity to call on all southern state govs to beef up the security of your people that's your no 1 priority for crying out loud

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by sulaimon22: 1:13pm On Feb 14, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I do not believe you.

Please do not forget what our national leader Tinubu adviced in July 2019 when commenting on the murder of Funke Olakunrin (Pa Fasoranti's daughter) by supposed Fulani herdsmen.

:Bola Ahmed Tinubu, 2019.

This was done overnight, so how are you sure it was done by Fulani herdsmen and not your kinsmen who are envious that you are gradually finding your feet?

I'm not surprised a bit with your comments.
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by Frip(f): 1:16pm On Feb 14, 2021
adadike:
Take heart dear but I want you to be double sure that Fulani herdsmen truly did this. This could also be the work of envious people around you . That said, I am using this opportunity to call on all southern state govs to beef up the security of your people that's your no 1 priority for crying out loud

Nothing like envy in this community. There's over 5000 acres for here oh, you want land you clear, land is everywhere. Thus is definitely what the OP says it is

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by Ahamefuna0001(m): 1:18pm On Feb 14, 2021
Sorry for your loss but sincerely this doesn't look like herdsmen's hand work. Herdsmen don't burn bushes, I might be wrong though..
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by NttpGARRIfctory: 1:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
The criminals amongst them do. They burn bushes (farms) to fasten sprout of new green leaves so as to feed their cattles when next they come to the area.
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by sulaimon22: 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2021
NttpGARRIfctory:
The criminals amongst them do. They burn bushes (farms) to fasten sprout of new green leaves so as to feed their cattles when next they come to the area.

Exactly sir. They burn bushes for other new weeds to come out for their cows to feed on. For those saying it's envy or local people around, there is nothing of sort over here. There are large amount of lands for everybody to farm on. Renting of lands is not even cost

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by Frip(f): 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2021
sulaimon22:

Exactly sir. They burn bushes for other new weeds to come out for their cows to feed on. For those saying it's envy or local people around, there is nothing of sort over here. There are large amount of lands for everybody to farm on. Renting of lands is not even cost

I just reported this to one of the best persons to have knowledge of events in the area with the hope we can use collective communal will to act on the matter. Would it be possible I know the clan or area this farmland is?
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by tollyboy5(m): 2:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
Frip:

I just reported this to one of the best persons to have knowledge of events in the area with the hope we can use collective communal will to act on the matter. Would it be possible I know the clan or area this farmland is?
The last two pictures doesn't show your presence in the affected farm
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by Frip(f): 3:02pm On Feb 14, 2021
tollyboy5:

The last two pictures doesn't show your presence in the affected farm

He will be there when an attack is being done

You're maddd and I'm not the OP stvpid

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by tollyboy5(m): 3:06pm On Feb 14, 2021
Frip:

He will be there when an attack is being done

You're maddd and I'm not the OP stvpid
So who took the first pics in that case. Sorry for wrong mention
sulaimon22:

Your topic has no proper editing. No location , lala can't just push that just like that
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by sulaimon22: 3:19pm On Feb 14, 2021
tollyboy5:

So who took the first pics in that case. Sorry for wrong mention
Your topic has no proper editing. No location , lala can't just push that just like that

From what you deduce from the body of the message you don't see where I dropped the location of the farm when someone asked me to drop or you are just here to register your presence
Re: Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm by sulaimon22: 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2021
Frip:

The farm land is at Iro after mokoloki

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bioricehusk: We Transform Rice Husk Into Organic Fertilizer! / Bank Of Industry Loan / Palm Kernel Oil Plant---design For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.