Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) (2195 Views)

Captain Bitrus Sini Shot Dead By Nkiru Okonkwo (Female Soldier) In Adamawa / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Oshodi-Abule-Egba BRT Corridor / President Buhari Addressing OIC Member States On How To Fight Terrorism (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by bcomputer101: 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2021
HOW DOES A SANE MIND DEFEND THIS?
Please take time to read this.

Imagine for a minute that you are a trained soldier.

In fact, a Lieutenant.

You have a wife and two kids.

Now, imagine that during the quarterly rotation, you were sent to Bornu to fight insurgence (Boko Haram)

On this fateful day, as you were moving with your platoon.

There was an ambush.

Gun fire ensured.

You shot with all you've got.
You know that you have a slim chance of surviving the attack.

As you were running out of ammo, you called john, your buddy, for fresh supply.

No response.

You glanced and saw John's head split into two halves.
By your left is Barry, his torso turn and one of his arm lying 10 ft away.

With nothing to fight with, you made a run for it and took a deep dive into the abondoned crater while bullets were getting fired at you.

You passed out

When you woke, you saw yourself in the hospital.

The doctor came in.
"Officer, you are awake, we did an emergency surgery"
"We had to amputate you"

We are sorry.

You then asked.

'What of my team mates ?"

"Well, you lost 18 men and 2 survivors", the doctor replied. "You and Barry.

Barry is still in intensive care."

Now, 3 months later, at the defence headquarters.

Your commanding officer, General Gida told you.
"You are back, lieutenant "

" Good news!
We rounded up all the terrorist that attacked your platoon after in another battle confrontation."

They are now in rehabilitation center.

"Can I see them?" you asked

'Sure!'

You got wheeled to the center.

They opened the door.

And yes.

' There they are !'

Across the hall,
Young men in white flowing gowns were eating fried and Jellof rice with multiple chicken parts.
Some were drinking wine.

Laughter filled the air.
Having a ball.

You were told they will soon be taken abroad on scholarship.

Government sponsored.

As you were getting back to the generals office.

Just outisde the defence headquarters gate, you saw the wives of your team, now widowed, as they agitate with high voices and placards.

"We have been abandoned!"
"Pay us our husbands benefits!"
"We are hungry"

Just imagine all that.

------

It is the reality of a Nigerian Soldier in the corridor of terrorism.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by sweetonugbu: 12:53pm On Feb 14, 2021
Pathetic, why will a reasonable human being sacrifice his or her life for this animal farm knowing fully well that your sacrifice is in vain?,

6 Likes

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by Nackzy: 12:53pm On Feb 14, 2021
Disgusting

My major problem is why i come from Nigeria till today

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by capitalzero: 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2021
They should live with it. Blood of innocent civilians killed by them is crying for justice.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by Dpharisee: 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2021
This is the reality faced by southern soldiers sent to fight a northern insurgency. The information used for the ambush may have been given to the insurgents by his colleagues who share the same religious ideology with the terrorists, the government which gives them amnesty as repentant terrorists is also complicit in the scheme, many Southerners are still in the military due to the economic situation in the country and not out of patriotism

3 Likes

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by Jerryherd: 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2021
cool

Joining Nigerian Army is a sign of selfless sacrifice and patriotism, you get just two magazines of maximum 60 rounds, the insurgents have unlimited ammunition yet they want fair combat

You must not retreat or surrender because that's mutiny, you are immediately posted to terrain you are unfamiliar with after passing out from depot.. straight to Sambisa forest

Cultist and Military are people who voluntarily signed up for death, it takes sheer luck to survive

3 Likes

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by bcomputer101: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2021
Wounded Nigerian Soldiers

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by bcomputer101: 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2021
Pictures of repentant BOKO HARAM terrorists

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by limeta(f): 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2021
I say whats in my mind here.
seriously ,good for you .
You deserve it, all this years you been getting paid to beat harass civilians ,this is your payday .
You wish you were sent to the south east to kill unarmed innocent people, no it didn't work out like that
So there you go live with it

4 Likes

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by johnkey: 1:09pm On Feb 14, 2021
for this country na soldiers mumu pass. forget all those strong khaki, kobo sense no dey their head. who fights for a country like nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by Pierocash(m): 1:19pm On Feb 14, 2021
johnkey:
for this country na soldiers mumu pass. forget all those strong khaki, kobo sense no dey their head. who fights for a country like nigeria?
shut up! What do you expect an average soldier to do when posted to the battle ground, run? Or refuse to fight in the midst of raging gun fire?

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by wealthgoddess: 1:23pm On Feb 14, 2021
limeta:
I say whats in my mind here.
seriously ,good for you .
You deserve it, all this years you been getting paid to beat harass civilians ,this is your payday .
You wish you were sent to the south east to kill unarmed innocent people, no it didn't work out like that
So there you go live with it
before you quote this guy and abuse him just know that truth is bitter and he has just said the truth. the army is rotten, lots of human rights abuse...what is good for the geese...

3 Likes

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by johnkey: 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
Pierocash:
shut up! What do you expect an average soldier to do when posted to the battle ground, run? Or refuse to fight in the midst of raging gun fire?
SHUT DOWN! why must he join the worthless corrupt political nigeria army? nigerian army na something to pray for? if na US army now i for understand.
Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
This post almost made me had a tear drop but I had to boldly hold back that tears as a man. This is reality and very painful. I pity the innocent Nigerian armies, fighting day and night for us, even as the terrorist herdsmen, boko haram and other so called bandits are being sponsored by the government and its officials.

Just yesterday, some gallant Airforce Armies were ambushed and killed. Its well
Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by wealthgoddess: 1:26pm On Feb 14, 2021
Pierocash:
guy chill...he is telling you they shouldn't have enrolled in the first place...
Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2021
So emotional about this reality...!! Painfully so...!

God save us....
Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by Pierocash(m): 3:06pm On Feb 14, 2021
johnkey:
SHUT DOWN! why must he join the worthless corrupt political nigeria army? nigerian army na something to pray for? if na US army now i for understand.
if nobody is joining the army,who will protect you? Can't someone follow his passion again?
Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by Nigeriadondie1: 3:36pm On Feb 14, 2021
undecided As soldiers no wan get sense let them die like rats. The civilians they murder have loved ones also. When unarmed citizens came out to protest for what would benefit all, you followed orders to kill them as you did in Abuja, Abia, Zaria, Kaduna, Odi, Zaria-Biam, Oyigbo, Lekki.

So also follow order to go and die not only to kill.
As una be zombies in uniform and no wan get sense, please don’t complain if the author is a military personnel. If you are a bloody civilian, don’t come here to bring to light the plight of soldiers but rather the victims of military brutality and killings.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by Nigeriadondie1: 7:55pm On Feb 14, 2021
Dpharisee:
This is the reality faced by southern soldiers sent to fight a northern insurgency. The information used for the ambush may have been given to the insurgents by his colleagues who share the same religious ideology with the terrorists, the government which gives them amnesty as repentant terrorists is also complicit in the scheme, many Southerners are still in the military due to the economic situation in the country and not out of patriotism
But the same Southerner soldiers would foolishly open fire on fellow southern civilians

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by mytime24(f): 8:11pm On Feb 14, 2021
Anything concerning naija army nd police i no they pity dem, cus wetin dem dey use civilians eye see nobi moi moi

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 14, 2021
bcomputer101:
Please take time to read this.

Imagine for a minute that you are a trained soldier.

In fact, a Lieutenant.

You have a wife and two kids.

Now, imagine that during the quarterly rotation, you were sent to Bornu to fight insurgence (Boko Haram)

On this fateful day, as you were moving with your platoon.

There was an ambush.

Gun fire ensured.

You shot with all you've got.
You know that you have a slim chance of surviving the attack.

As you were running out of ammo, you called john, your buddy, for fresh supply.

No response.

You glanced and saw John's head split into two halves.
By your left is Barry, his torso turn and one of his arm lying 10 ft away.

With nothing to fight with, you made a run for it and took a deep dive into the abondoned crater while bullets were getting fired at you.

You passed out

When you woke, you saw yourself in the hospital.

The doctor came in.
"Officer, you are awake, we did an emergency surgery"
"We had to amputate you"

We are sorry.

You then asked.

'What of my team mates ?"

"Well, you lost 18 men and 2 survivors", the doctor replied. "You and Barry.

Barry is still in intensive care."

Now, 3 months later, at the defence headquarters.

Your commanding officer, General Gida told you.
"You are back, lieutenant "

" Good news!
We rounded up all the terrorist that attacked your platoon after in another battle confrontation."

They are now in rehabilitation center.

"Can I see them?" you asked

'Sure!'

You got wheeled to the center.

They opened the door.

And yes.

' There they are !'

Across the hall,
Young men in white flowing gowns were eating fried and Jellof rice with multiple chicken parts.
Some were drinking wine.

Laughter filled the air.
Having a ball.

You were told they will soon be taken abroad on scholarship.

Government sponsored.

As you were getting back to the generals office.

Just outisde the defence headquarters gate, you saw the wives of your team, now widowed, as they agitate with high voices and placards.

"We have been abandoned!"
"Pay us our husbands benefits!"
"We are hungry"

Just imagine all that.

------

Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44

You just presented the madness called the Federal Government of Nigeria in text form.

4 Likes

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by 400billionman: 8:58pm On Feb 14, 2021
Street hustle better nah..
Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by franklingud(m): 9:12pm On Feb 14, 2021
This is a typical example of nairaland mods' stupid judgement passed on me for over 1 months, because someone abused me and I reported the abuse to the stupid mods. And all they could do was to ban me for 1 month then release me today.
Stupid nairaland mods!
Typical example of corruption and stupidity
Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by solidmyk(m): 10:52pm On Feb 14, 2021
sweetonugbu:
Pathetic, why will a reasonable human being sacrifice his or her life for this animal farm knowing fully well that your sacrifice is in vain?,
Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:01pm On Feb 14, 2021
bcomputer101:

The Nigerian Army are not complaining, they are enjoying it!

Are they not the ones killing the #endsars protesters fighting for them

The one man army (corporal) that spoke out against Buratai was left on his own to defend himself without help from any of them!

You cannot love someone more than he or she love his/herself!!!
Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:08pm On Feb 14, 2021
bcomputer101:

The Nigerian Army are not complaining, they are enjoying it! Infact, they love it!

Are they not the ones killing the #endsars protesters fighting for them

The one man army (corporal Lance or is it Martins) that spoke out against Buratai was left on his own to defend himself without help from any of them!

You cannot love someone more than he or she love him/herself!!!
Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by ErikWisnesUSA(m): 11:13pm On Feb 14, 2021
I tried to join the military but I was rejected because I have behavior and psychological problems.

Re: The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) by SanctifiedSista(f): 10:08am On Apr 03, 2021
Don't know how I navigated and.got in here
All I can say Is Nigeria by all.means will be better than this

Check my online store for juicy stuff. Link is on my

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Intelligence " They Are Planning To Burn Down Alaba Market And Blame ESN" / A German's View On Islam / Photos Of President Buhari And South East Leaders In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.