Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,741 members, 7,802,255 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car (64999 Views)

I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me / My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. / My Friend's Car Was Snatched At Gun Point. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by mechanics(m): 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2021
Miranwa:
will the change the Bumper
Yes, and bumper is expensive, but if the bumper is made of metal, it can be repaired.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by mechanics(m): 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2021
Are you a learner?
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by GodisFirst: 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2021
Go ahead and fix the car the much you can, but tell him what happened as soon as he arrives, so that he will not be mad at you if he eventually finds out. He is not gonna kill you after all. Even if you buy another car for him, if he finds out that you kept it a secret, he will not be happy with you.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by MrSuc32(m): 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2021
My neighbor used my car for his wedding last year,he broke my bumper and compressed my number plate..with a few more scratches. He quietly parked the car and gave me my key the next evening with the thought that I will go out that evening and find out it’s already damaged maybe by me....fear human being ...

It’s good u want to fix the car,but please let ur friend know..also budget at least 50k for a good job and the front grille

2 Likes

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2021
JudgeKronos:
Bros just call him and inform him, when he comes back both of you will fix it.... that’s true friendship

Nice suggestion, I bet he will still find out after repairing it and it might not come to his taste......

That will be double wahala for you OP
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by 2shaw: 12:09pm On Feb 15, 2021
Omg,why did you miss the headlamps with windshield, God forbid,engine don damage. Gear nkor, hahahahahaa. U go deyvuse your friend motor dey play big boy. Aooooow,see wetin alcohol don cause. U go spend better money,20k kor,10k ni,like say dollar na 200 naira. Hahahahahahaha. God i dey vex,why u go miss headlamps na. Ooohhh chai

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by AfroBeatDiary: 12:09pm On Feb 15, 2021
Chibzoh, you don bash my car.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Sallybbwings: 12:09pm On Feb 15, 2021
people and showing off. inferiority complex at its peak. because they want to belong. rubbish
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by backnbeta(f): 12:10pm On Feb 15, 2021
JudgeKronos:
Bros just call him and inform him, when he comes back both of you will fix it.... that’s true friendship

He may not like it at all, no matter how close they are, my car's appearance is important to me, I hate dents, so do a lot of people. Of course he should tell his friend about the accident but he should be prepared to spend his money to fix it undecided

Panel beating and paint job, with N25k he'll be fine in Ibadan.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by cozy7(m): 12:10pm On Feb 15, 2021
Miranwa:
Good Day Nairaland, I tried parking my friend's car yesterday night and i without concentrating, bashed it against a piller.

I have be worried since morning and want to fix it before he comes back, he traveled to the village.

Is it something serious, or just the bumper.
And how much will it cost to repair.

Please help a brother.
u will spend around 30 to 40k repairing it. Panel beater won't take more than 10k, na painter go chop money. U suggest u repair it fast bcoz that job will take abt 2 or 3 days to be done. SO GO NOW. Also, u won't hv to change d bumper, its not broken, only shifted.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Strokephysio(m): 12:10pm On Feb 15, 2021
25k will do the job, panel and flashing..
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by aAK1(m): 12:11pm On Feb 15, 2021
Doing cheap fix will only get you into more trouble with your friend
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by zoedew: 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
Trustme2:
Visit a panel bitter. It's not serious at all. It'll surely be fixed
It is not bitter at all! cheesy grin
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Angelfrost(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
MikeMicheal:
Just prepare at least 200K

He didn't say he smashed the engine... Please, be calming down! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by ogawisdom(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
grin

This one go cost ooo

Thats a Lexus ooo

Thank God the headlamps are intact

this is why i only drive my car, i dont drive ppl car even when they offer me to drive
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by OlujobaSamuel: 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
I don't just know why, driving others car no dey freak me o. I hate to dey beg for such should anything happen.
Even if your friend no talk, to ask another day go heavy for mouth.
I once drove a friend's car from Ikeja, as we reach Cement bus stop, she collected her thing back sey she dey scared of how I dey drive that I'm too slow for her liking, I was like, you can't understand, Na only my car I fit boast as king of road, I no dey do such on top another man's car.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by airminem(f): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
Stingy guy. You didnt want to take your woman out for val thats why nnemesis caught up with you . . grin By the way, the radiator and also fan are all affected. . . You go spend more money wey u nor gree spend before. angry

1 Like

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by cloud(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
Trustme2:

Haba for wetin na. Just prepare 5k or less sef
Do you do comedy for a living?
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Awoleesu(m): 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
Ah! O ti daran niyen now! shocked
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Originalsly: 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
Wasn't your friend's car already parked? If you lose focus on simply parking the car.... why will you not lose focus on driving it all the way to the panel beater?... maybe resulting in more damage? If you know to yourself you're not a driver... leave the car alone. Let your friend know what happened... he will know anyway.... tell him you will pay for the repairs and let him decide the way forward.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Angelfrost(m): 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
Smithkline200:
Call your friend and inform him..

Don't fix his car without his knowledge please.

If he gets to find out later, he would never trust you again.

Exactly! This is what I have been expecting someone reasonable to post since.

Mr. Op, calling to inform the car owner ought to have been the first thing to do even prior to creating this thread. What if he/she is a Nairalander and stumbles on this? Or someone close to him who is quite familiar with the vehicle??!... Let's be smart about such delicate issues. Who knows, he/she might even be merciful and ask you not to worry about fixing it.

I advise you to take down this post, and do the commonsense needful. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by tunjiajayi: 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
MikeMicheal:
Just prepare at least 200K

Haba
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by gazal55(m): 12:17pm On Feb 15, 2021
Less than 10k wl Fix the car
it’s panel work there’s no changing the bumper
But I don’t know much is the front grill
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by vikstandon(m): 12:17pm On Feb 15, 2021
Miranwa:
Good Day Nairaland, I tried parking my friend's car yesterday night and i without concentrating, bashed it against a piller.

I have be worried since morning and want to fix it before he comes back, he traveled to the village.

Is it something serious, or just the bumper.
And how much will it cost to repair.
Please help a brother.

That is why I stay clear of peoples' car or belongings...These shits often happen!
Lucky you, it can be fixed... budget about 30-50k
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by airminem(f): 12:17pm On Feb 15, 2021
Hi sis
backnbeta:

He may not like it at all, no matter how close they are, my car's appearance is important to me, I hate dents, so do a lot of people. Of course he should tell his friend about the accident but he should be prepared to spend his money to fix it undecided

Panel beating and paint job, with N25k he'll be fine in Ibadan.
please can you give me firsthand info of what realy happened in IB shasha area?! We heard in the news that there was a clash days ago.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by mudiana(m): 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2021
take am go meet panel. u don receive my help.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2021
You took his car for Valentine.... Shebi the babe don go home grin
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 15, 2021
The only thing worse than someone bashing my car is fixing it without my knowledge!!! Wait till he comes, tell him you will pay for it but you didnt want to fix it in case it wasnt to his standards.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Kikistacks: 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2021
It’s a cheap fix 15 to 20k, find a good panel , he will fix and straighten everything out and paint it. After it’s fixed let your guy know you bashed his car but you have fixed it.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Integrafamoo: 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2021
grafixdon:
Prepare at least 20k

Breakdown:
Panel workmanship N5k
Painting (Bonnet and Bumper) N15k
Total = N20k
Tell your friend before taking any step. Tell the panel beater to just push it without filing. 5k should be ok. No need for painting
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by shegoon: 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2021
Bros! Pls drop the contact of the panek beater in gowon estate for me. Thanks
greggng:

If you are close to Gowon estate near egbeda Lagos ...I would 've connected you to a qualified panel beater that will fix it like factory follow come. ...so far the two head lights are intact , except you intend to change the bumper .and bonnet ...A good panel beater will fix both bonnet and bumper without replacement.

Infact budget 12k for painting if you intend to paint rough area...and panel will take like 15k ......in fact with 30k. ..you are good to go
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by socialmediaman: 12:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
Don’t fix his car without his knowledge. Get his consent first, so you don’t end up worsening an already bad situation. Before you call him though, do thorough enquirers to get a good estimate of cost so that he won’t panic too much when he learns there’s damage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Motorcycle Pictures From 2014 Bikers Convention In Nigeria / Man Carrying A Lady At The Front Of A Bike. Photo Goes Viral / Slay-Car With Expensive ‘Eyelashes’ Spotted In Lagos (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.