Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,069 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:23 AM

Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car (64905 Views)

I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me / My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. / My Friend's Car Was Snatched At Gun Point. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by westfield: 1:48pm On Feb 15, 2021
Are you a panel beater....that you are saying 5k or less........dont you know that the car is going to be sprayed again and the burnett is damaged too omo just put 50k on board then start practicing how to negotiate

Trustme2:

Haba for wetin na. Just prepare 5k or less sef

1 Like

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Martini101(m): 1:49pm On Feb 15, 2021
Thank your God nothing happened to those headlamps. A neat repair shouldnt pass 30K.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by TBOSS0311: 1:50pm On Feb 15, 2021
The bumper can easily be heated out and straightened. The bonnet will have to be removed and straightened, cause its metal some hammering/potty filling and respraying will be needed. All a days job. Cost should not be more than 7-8k max includinglabour. But get a good panel beater, very important. Best of luck!
Miranwa:
Good Day Nairaland, I tried parking my friend's car yesterday night and i without concentrating, bashed it against a piller.

I have be worried since morning and want to fix it before he comes back, he traveled to the village.

Is it something serious, or just the bumper.
And how much will it cost to repair.

Please help a brother.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by kay7: 1:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
2shaw:
Omg,why did you miss the headlamps with windshield, God forbid,engine don damage. Gear nkor, hahahahahaa. U go deyvuse your friend motor dey play big boy. Aooooow,see wetin alcohol don cause. U go spend better money,20k kor,10k ni,like say dollar na 200 naira. Hahahahahahaha. God i dey vex,why u go miss headlamps na. Ooohhh chai

SIMPLY WICKED!!![/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by omenka(m): 2:02pm On Feb 15, 2021
airminem:
Well done sir. Pls wey ur workshop dey na? undecided
Right beside your own workshop. Seems you made alot of profit yesterday. Make sure you have enough rest today so your system doesn't break down completely today.

Have a nice day. Goodbye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by kingsley989(m): 2:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
Oga I warn you again. Do not work on his car without informing him. Hell will be let lose when he comes back and finds out you worked and resprayed his car. I’ve been in your situation before. Let him know, he won’t kill you....
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2021
Miranwa:
Good Day Nairaland, I tried parking my friend's car yesterday night and i without concentrating, bashed it against a piller.

I have be worried since morning and want to fix it before he comes back, he traveled to the village.

Please help a brother.

Guy, you call him your friend right?
Do the right thing, be mature and responsible, come clean with him and let him know you have bashed his car. Let him know you're sorry but offer to repair it. He prolly has insurance on the car or he has a preferred body works engineer that he'd rather use
Trust me, if you repair it without telling him, he would know and that could really strain the friendship.
You're guys, we don't take things too personal like girls and we'd cherish a friend who can look us in the eye and say "guy i know say I fvck up but no vex".

2 Likes

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2021
kingsley989:
Oga I warn you again. Do not work on his car without informing him. Hell will be let lose when he comes back and finds out you worked and resprayed his car. I’ve been in your situation before. Let him know, he won’t kill you....
My point exactly
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Nfora: 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
kingsley989:

I was about advising same. Call your friend and explain to him. He might be very mad but he won’t kill you. Just be prepared to foot the bills for repairs when he comes back or if he gives you a go ahead.
A bad panel beater & painter will only succeed in ruining this car.

You guys are very funny.

Do you know the issues/problems that took his friend to the village? He should come back to meet another wahala?

If the accident happened on the high way,and probably had to fix something for the car to move,he should leave the car and wait for his friend to come back from the village ,abi?

I beg fix the car and tell him when he comes back.

Moreover ,it's a minor damage that would not bring any complication or regret ,even from the worst panel beater.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by azpekuliar: 2:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
Your most significant outlay would be for the damaged grille.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by motta(m): 2:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
MikeMicheal:
Just prepare at least 200K
he wan buy land ?
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by kolaaderin: 2:18pm On Feb 15, 2021
Miranwa:

Please help a brother.

you will need good panel beater and a sound painter. 15k to 20k should do this, you are not buying anything, just the right panel and painter for the Job.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Kayharry(m): 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2021
MikeMicheal:
For it to appear spotless, yes.
even at that u can't spend that much now nothing do bumper just get a good panel and painter to fix it . Max 20k u won't even spend up to.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by SirBunky85(m): 2:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
Miranwa:

Please help a brother.
your location?
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by pretyval: 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
I sell Tokunbo cars. E no cost
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by FunkyAlhaji2015: 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
worldman:
him go thief front grill

Bros you no sabi motor thing. That front grill na plastic, the panel beater will smelt it back you never know it was broken.

10k will be more than OK for that car
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by golor(m): 3:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
Most of the commentators don't hv car ...3k will fix it ..don't paint anything.....just tell the panel beater to fix it properly..the paint side should be the part u tell ur friend u mistakenly scratch his car ..he will see it not serious and he won't be annoyed...more so, that number na follow come no be d type paint de commot for body ....
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by britiko: 3:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
Miranwa:

Please help a brother.

This brings to mind a yoruba adage- Aisinle ologbon, ile dile ekute .... cheesy
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Busayomipearl(m): 3:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
Runaway now.......
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Evii: 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2021
It's not serious bro, take it to a panel beater but make sure you tell him what just happened upon his arrival.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by yahmohy27: 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2021
aieromon:

Panel beater to restore bonnet and bumper to their original look and position.

Replacement of grill

Painter to spray the bonnet and bumper.

Budget between ₦25,000 to ₦50,000.
Agreed with this man.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Hustlerlomo(m): 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
aktolly54

PS: lesson to other people, don't always rush to drive your friends car, wait till God provide your own for you, if you get your own car and something happened ,you get rest of mind.

Na so one guy take lose he two legs dt year for ekpoma ... Me I no dey try am.. My own na my own .
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by MrJames007: 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
OP, did you open the bonnet to check if anything is bent inside? Condenser or radiator fit bend.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Amazoner01: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2021
Nfora:

You guys are very funny.

Do you know the issues/problems that took his friend to the village? He should come back to meet another wahala?

If the accident happened on the high way,and probably had to fix something for the car to move,he should leave the car and wait for his friend to come back from the village ,abi?

I beg fix the car and tell him when he comes back.

Moreover ,it's a minor damage that would not bring any complication or regret ,even from the worst panel beater.
It will bring regret if the car catalyst is stolen by the panel beater and obviously the OP he’s ignorant about automobile and doesn’t know what catalyst means. That’s over 100k loss
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Drizzy5001(m): 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2021
Budget between 30 to 50k
But it's better u inform him, coz he might find out later, and it will ruin the trust he has for you.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Samsonklin(m): 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
Okay, my seniors and juniors listen.

For example, my OG bash my car and he secretly fix am, we are done for life. We can no longer be friends. I'm sorry.

Tell me about it, i will be upset (it's the human part of me) but either i fix it or we fix it. Na so e just be. Dem nor dey kill person put.

Fix my car for my back, and stand to loose our friendship.

Oga OP, tell your guy if you value una friendship.
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by chaloskyx: 4:17pm On Feb 15, 2021
GO TO A PANEL BEATER AND MAKE INQUIRIES NAIRALAND NO BE MECHANIC WORKSHOP
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by 5loaves2fish: 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
greggng:

If you are close to Gowon estate near egbeda Lagos ...I would 've connected you to a qualified panel beater that will fix it like factory follow come. ...so far the two head lights are intact , except you intend to change the bumper .and bonnet ...A good panel beater will fix both bonnet and bumper without replacement.

Infact budget 12k for painting if you intend to paint rough area...and panel will take like 15k ......in fact with 30k. ..you are good to go
I will need his number, kindly send
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by seyz91(m): 4:28pm On Feb 15, 2021
haha you won kill am you won make e go jump for third mainland bridge grin
MikeMicheal:
Just prepare at least 200K
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Naybahood(m): 4:31pm On Feb 15, 2021
greggng:

If you are close to Gowon estate near egbeda Lagos ...I would 've connected you to a qualified panel beater that will fix it like factory follow come. ...so far the two head lights are intact , except you intend to change the bumper .and bonnet ...A good panel beater will fix both bonnet and bumper without replacement.

Infact budget 12k for painting if you intend to paint rough area...and panel will take like 15k ......in fact with 30k. ..you are good to go

Boss
I stay at gowon estate
I’d gladly accept his cell number
Re: Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car by Map1(m): 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2021
Miranwa:

Please help a brother.
that Jos bumper will become Lagos bumper and your eyes go clear�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Most Popular Luxury Car Brands And Where They Are Produced(photos) / A Nigerian Made This Tv Stand From A 2017 Mercedes Benz Gle Bumper (photos) / Motorcycle Pictures From 2014 Bikers Convention In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.