Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies (722 Views)

TB Joshua: Megachurch Leader Raped And Tortured Worshippers, BBC Finds / David Yong-gi Cho, Founder Of South Korea's Yoido Megachurch Dies At 85 / Chinese Authorities Blow Up Christian Megachurch With Dynamite (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by feedthenation(m): 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2021
Frederick K.C. Price, the televangelist who built his Los Angeles ministry into one of the nation's first Black megachurches, has died. He was 89.

Price died Friday, according to a statement his family posted on the Crenshaw Christian Center's Facebook page. His daughter said in an earlier post that her father had been hospitalized due to complications from COVID-19.

Price founded the church in 1973 with about 300 members, according to the church's website. He expanded his reach, first through radio broadcasts, then televised services, and grew the ministry to over 28,000 members.

The services were famously held at the FaithDome, a 10,000-seat sanctuary housed in a large geodesic dome built on the former campus of Pepperdine University. The sprawling property also includes schools, a ministry training program and a prison ministry.

Price is survived by his wife, Betty, and their four children.

1 Like

Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by LordIsaac(m): 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by Pierocash(m): 6:48pm On Feb 14, 2021
KC Price,the man that paid the price.

Rest on sir.
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by BassReeves: 7:03pm On Feb 14, 2021
feedthenation:
Frederick K.C. Price, the televangelist who built his Los Angeles ministry into one of the nation's first Black megachurches, has died. He was 89.

Price died Friday, according to a statement his family posted on the Crenshaw Christian Center's Facebook page. His daughter said in an earlier post that her father had been hospitalized due to complications from COVID-19.

Price founded the church in 1973 with about 300 members, according to the church's website. He expanded his reach, first through radio broadcasts, then televised services, and grew the ministry to over 28,000 members.

The services were famously held at the FaithDome, a 10,000-seat sanctuary housed in a large geodesic dome built on the former campus of Pepperdine University. The sprawling property also includes schools, a ministry training program and a prison ministry.

[img]https://media./images/347374c9fe54da2c712424312848cd93/tenor.gif[/img]
Frederick K.C. Price RIP
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by shadeyinka(m): 8:00pm On Feb 14, 2021
That man can do bible exposition ehn!

A teacher by calling is gone!
Who will step up into his shoes?

1 Like

Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by Emary(f): 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2021
RIP!
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by BassReeves: 8:34pm On Feb 14, 2021
shadeyinka:

His dad did hand over to him, and so his son did try for awhile to step into his shoes, but had to step down over 'serious personal misjudgments'
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by alezzy13: 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2021
Wow. Such a sad loss.

I remember listening to his messages and Bible exposition. Really blessed by them
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by BassReeves: 9:19pm On Feb 14, 2021
alezzy13:
Wow. Such a sad loss.
I remember listening to his messages and Bible exposition. Really blessed by them
What is sad? What is the loss?
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by shadeyinka(m): 9:24pm On Feb 14, 2021
BassReeves:
His dad did hand over to him, and so his son did try for awhile to step into his shoes, but had to step down over 'serious personal misjudgments'
I know the son couldn't really fill-up the father's shoes but what is/are the 'serious personal misjudgments' ,?
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by BassReeves: 9:41pm On Feb 14, 2021
shadeyinka:
I know the son couldn't really fill-up the father's shoes but what is/are the 'serious personal misjudgments'?
He didn't to date, share what the details are about it. He didnt have to fill his father's shoes as he is a man in his own right and in his own way, is leaving his mark and impression behind too
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by MightySparrow: 9:55pm On Feb 14, 2021
RIP
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by oaroloye(m): 2:21am On Feb 15, 2021
feedthenation:

FREDERICK K. PRICE IS THE FIRST FULL GOSPEL PENTECOSTAL PREACHER I EVER DISMISSED, AS NOT KNOWING WHAT THE HELL HE WAS PREACHING ABOUT.

That was in 1983.

His great message back then was "FAITH, FOOLISHNESS, OR PRESUMPTION."

It was really necessary for many people to hear THAT Message, at THAT time, and his Message has been very relevant up to this day.

He preached to the effect that Christians new to the FAITH-MESSAGE should not let their EMOTIONAL ENTHUSIASM run away with them, such that they bite off more than they can chew- committing themselves to receive more than their level of Faith could bear.

His Message was extremely sensible.

That was the problem.

FAITH IS NOT SENSIBLE!

Before I became a Pentecostal, I learned how to Heal myself and others. I was dependent upon "DIVINE HEALING," merely to LIVE. DRUG-RESISTANT MALARIA WAS UNHEARD-OF AT THAT TIME.

If GOD did not Heal me, I would have died- because the only remedies available at that time were becoming less and less effective.

I got Saved expecting to die soon.

THEN I learned that JESUS COULD HEAL ME.

I Healed myself by my own Faith at the first attempt. Whereas I had attacks quarterly, I was always Healed whenever I prayed, or "Cast out The Devil."

The "BLACK HEBREW ISRAELITES" rightly say that "JESUS" is not his proper Name.

Well, I got all my results from praying in JESUS' NAME: that error must not matter to him. Meanwhile, the BLACK HEBREW ISRAELITES cannot Heal in ANY Name.

That is why I was not receptive to anyone telling me that I was being "presumptuous," for expecting God to give me exactly what I asked.

I did not believe in any other God.

Why should I?

KENNETH E. HAGIN TAUGHT ME EVERYTHING I KNEW ABOUT FAITH.

He supported everything he said with Scriptures that were in line with the points he made.

FREDERICK K. PRICE DID NOT.

He used REASONING to BEND The Bible.

But he could produce no Scripture justifying the concept that "GOD MIGHT NOT GIVE ME EXACTLY WHAT I ASKED FOR."

That was unacceptable to me, and I could interpret it as nothing but doubt.

KENNETH E. HAGIN HAD MORE VISIONS OF JESUS THAN ANY MAN I EVER HEARD OF!

It took a while before I saw fit to doubt his claims.

As a BOY PREACHER, he was praying in a Tent Meeting, and heard a Voice proclaiming "COME UP HITHER!"

He ignored the Voice, thinking that some prankster was standing on the nearby hill, trying to disrupt the Prayer Meeting.

The Voice repeated: "COME UP HITHER!"

He still ignored It.

Then the Voice said: "COME UP HITHER- COME UP, TO THE THRONE OF GOD!"

He had to open his eyes at that!

He looked up, and saw JESUS, standing where the top of the tent should have been.

He had a sensation of going upwards to stand with Jesus.

Jesus said again: "LET US GO UP TO THE THRONE OF GOD."

They walked throug the sky, through clouds and by clouds, they passed above the stars. Kenneth Hagin described looking down upon them, like the lights of a town, seen from a hill at night.

Presently, they came to The Throne of God, surrounded by The Four Angels, under a Rainbow, as YOCHANNAN described It.

As Voice warned him: "THOU SHALT NOT LOOK UPON HIS FACE!" He averted his eyes, and did not look into The Face of Whoever sat in that Throne.

Jesus had him kneel, and raise his palms, whereupon he touched the them with his forefinger, and they began to burn, like a coal of fire was in them.

He said: "I HAVE CALLED YOU, AND ANOINTED YOU, AND GIVEN TO YOU A SPECIAL ANOINTING, TO MINISTER TO THE SICK."

He told him to go back to the Earth.

He told him to tell the people that he had seen him.

He told him to tell them THAT HE HAD TOLD HIM TO TELL THEM THAT HE HAD SEEN HIM.

He said that if the people would believe It, and receive It, that Anointing would leave his hands, and enter their bodies, and undo whatever Satan had wrought.

ONLY THOSE WHO HEARD AND BELIEVED HIS TESTIMONY WOULD BE HEALED.

I quite believed KENNETH E. HAGIN'S Testimony. I was therefore shocked to see in Frederick K. Price's Magazine, a testimony of BETTY PRICE, his wife.

"BETTY PRICE'S HEALING FROM CANCER FINALLY MANIFESTS, AFTER ENDURING MONTHS OF PAIN."

There was a nice passportlike photo of her beautiful face- virtually bald: consistent with CHEMOTHERAPY TREATMENT.

This was when I began to doubt that Kenneth E. Hagin had had the experiences he said he did.

FREDERICK K. PRICE WAS THE ONLY BLACK AMERICAN PREACHER ASSOCIATED WITH KENNETH HAGIN MINISTRIES.

There was no way that HE and his WIFE did not both believe his Testimony of going to Heaven with Jesus.

At the 1982 KENNETH HAGIN CAMPMEETING, where he introduced his FAITH, FOOLISHNESSES, & PRESUMPTION Message, it appeared that KENNETH COPELAND followers (who were mostly, if not all, Oyinbos,) accused FREDERICK K. PRICE of undermining Kenneth Copeland's upbeat Faith Message.

They came to blows, with FREDERICK K. PRICE'S followers, (who were obviously mostly, if not all, Negroes,) had to come on and explain that he was not undermining anything, (which was a lie: he totally undermined the Faith Message of Kenneth Copeland).

He claimed that he and Kenneth Copeland were preaching exactly the same thing, (they were not preaching the same thing!)

He explained that his followers were somewhat protective of their Pastor, and "were ready to go to Fist City," he said, to defend him.

He did did not actually apologize for the behavior of his followers. Some of whom would have travelled cross-country to be there.

He said that "he had to go," but was making donations to all the other Ministers. He made KENNETH COPELAND'S donation double what he gave everyone else. (I think it was $20,000.)

This was the first indication I had seen that even Black American Born Again, Holy Spirit-Filled Christians, WERE STILL BEING TREATED AS SECOND-CLASS CITIZENS!

But he was called back to preach his message again at the next KENNETH HAGIN CAMPMEETING. They went to great lengths to prove that they considered FREDERICK K. PRICE their equal.

When Kenneth Hagin Ministered to the sick, he was assisted by T.L. OSBORN, ORAL ROBERTS, KENNETH COPELAND, and FRED PRICE. (This was from the audio tape. Video was not available in those days.)

Their Anointing was so high, they all babbled in Other Tongues, where nobody else knew what they were saying.

FRED PRICE later told us to the effect that they had understood one another the whole time.

Kenneth Hagin had said: "THE PEOPLE ARE TOO MANY- HELP ME TO LAY HANDS UPON THE SICK!"

Fred Price said that he had replied: "I WILL. TOUCH YOUR FROM FINGERS ON THE PALMS OF MY HANDS, SO THAT THE ANOINTING THAT IS IN YOUR HANDS WILL BE IN MY HANDS!"

(I am remembering this, off-the-cuff, from 39 years ago. I cannot access my archive right now.)

That was how they all lay hands on the Sick, who had come to be prayed for.

Whereas my suspicions of Racism were completely allayed, I was disturbed that none of them could Heal Fred Price's wife.

By a couple more years, I was done with Organized Christianity.

Shockingly, I cannot find any images of this with Google Images.
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by shadeyinka(m): 4:45am On Feb 15, 2021
BassReeves:
He didn't to date, share what the details are about it. He didnt have to fill his father's shoes as he is a man in his own right and in his own way, is leaving his mark and impression behind too
So, who is running the ministry now?
Reinhard Bonke handed over to Kolenda!
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by BassReeves: 5:15am On Feb 15, 2021
shadeyinka:
So, who is running the ministry now?
Reinhard Bonke handed over to Kolenda!
He is and since returning back from his hiatus
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by shadeyinka(m): 6:11am On Feb 15, 2021
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by BassReeves: 6:14am On Feb 15, 2021
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by AlphaSoul: 2:10am On May 11, 2021
feedthenation:

An iconic personality!
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by Kobojunkiee: 2:23am On May 11, 2021
shadeyinka:

Bible exposition my butt! undecided

1 Like

Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by Chiedu4Trump: 4:38am On May 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
yep I agree, he was a another prosperity preacher
http://www.letusreason.org/wf27.htm
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by shadeyinka(m): 4:46am On May 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
We dont always need to agree on the quantity of food that satisfy us, do we?
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by Kobojunkiee: 5:56am On May 11, 2021
shadeyinka:

We dont always need to agree on the quantity of food that satisfy us, do we?
This has nothing to do with quantity though but Truth of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by Kobojunkiee: 5:59am On May 11, 2021
Chiedu4Trump:

yep I agree, he was a another prosperity preacher
http://www.letusreason.org/wf27.htm
I concur! The man was no different from the others. undecided

1 Like

Re: Frederick K.C. Price, Founder Of Black Megachurch, Dies by shadeyinka(m): 7:35am On May 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
This has nothing to do with quantity though but Truth of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. undecided
No problem. I have nothing against that too!

(1) (Reply)

When You Realize That The Enemy Has Used You To Commit Sin / There’s No Moral Ground To Become A Religious Person. / Reason Why I Couldn’t Become A Christian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.