Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,842 members, 7,802,693 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? (2966 Views)

Experiencing University Of Ibadan At Night (Pictures) / DELSU Final Year Student Dies After Experiencing Severe Menstrual Pain (photos) / Can A Student Run Two Different Undergraduate Programmes In Two Different Schoo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by VickyRotex(f): 2:21am On Feb 15, 2021
Living05:
Break your course work into smaller bits and focus on assimilating these smaller bits and in no time you will be back to your previous standard.

Do a lot of revision. After each study session, before you start a new study session revise and try to recall what you read before. The more you you do this, the better your ability to remember

You seem stressed seeing that exams are close, learn to relax. Practice mindfulness and focus only on the present.

Wish you success in your upcoming exams

OP, (Stargurl20)
+1 vote on this advice. I find this works for me too.

Bit by bit like a pizza slice. And take breaks to help with retention.

All the best! smiley
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by Stargurl20(f): 5:41am On Feb 15, 2021
I sincerely thank everyone who has contributed positively to this topic. None of your suggestions will go unpracticed. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by shamsin6300(m): 6:12am On Feb 15, 2021
JuIiusmalema:
spotted cool
You're so right on this

Thanks
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by NewDelhi(m): 6:18am On Feb 15, 2021
Stargurl20:
During the stay at home period coupled with ASUU strike, i hardly studied like I did at sch. In fact, I've gone several weeks then without opening my books aside reading novels online.

Now we're back to sch, and each time I read, assimilation is always so tasking that is now becoming frustrating for me. Exam is just around the corner, and for someone aiming to perform excellently, this shouldn't be happening cry
Na person wey no sabi way dey waste time read book
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by Silentgroper(m): 7:12am On Feb 15, 2021
HORLADSTAR:
Maybe you are putting urself in a lot of pressure because of the exam,
whenever you wanna read, make sure you are relaxed and be focused

Gracias

I wish you well in your exam
Gracias?
what role does it play in the context.
Abi u wan use am form woke
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by 400billionman: 7:31am On Feb 15, 2021
Stargurl20:

I'm vehemently sure he's not.

Don't mind him.

Take cold drink like malt to cool your head while studying. It's lack of concentration orchestrated by long home sojourn. You will be alright.
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by PaperTubes1(f): 8:41am On Feb 15, 2021
It's majorly about practicing what you learn
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by doctore212(m): 8:49am On Feb 15, 2021
[quote author=Stargurl20 post=99065354] During the stay at home period coupled with ASUU strike, i hardly studied like I did at sch. In fact, I've gone several weeks then without opening my books aside reading novels online.

Now we're back to sch, and each time I read, assimilation is always so tasking that is now becoming frustrating for me. Exam is just around the corner, and for someone aiming to perform excellently, this shouldn't be happening cry[/quote

For me I think this has to do with the SPIRIT OF OLOSHO.
It happened to my course mate here.
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by 5thAngel(f): 10:16am On Feb 15, 2021
WoundedLamb:
This is why girls leave NL and never come back. Guys create posts (even useless ones sometimes) and get responses. But when a girl does, she's either insulted or sexualised. Sometimes, I'm happy the white man has more power than the black man cause the way blacks discriminate without even knowing it is alarming.

Say no sexism, especially misogyny.
I wish I can like this post a million times. You just said the gospel truth.
To the OP, wish you success in your exams, don't stress it, learn to have fun studying. I like jotting while studying, it helps me assimilate faster. Whatever works for you though.
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by ForestHill: 10:19am On Feb 15, 2021
Stargurl20:

In fact, most of the things I'm reading now are what I've read prior the strike.
I hate chunking my brain and that's why I read everyday.

Closing my books wouldn't work, because I won't rest if I do not read except we are on semester break.
How often do you exercise?
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by HORLADSTAR(m): 10:26am On Feb 15, 2021
Silentgroper:
Gracias?
what role does it play in the context.
Abi u wan use am form woke

must you quote me abi shey na ur gracias shebi na my own, wetin kon concern you ??

gracias
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 15, 2021
Stargurl20:
During the stay at home period coupled with ASUU strike, i hardly studied like I did at sch. In fact, I've gone several weeks then without opening my books aside reading novels online.

Now we're back to sch, and each time I read, assimilation is always so tasking that is now becoming frustrating for me. Exam is just around the corner, and for someone aiming to perform excellently, this shouldn't be happening cry

Just keep trying tro read.

Most of the time, one has to read something even when one does not feel like it.

If it doesn't work...just imagine yoruself with carryovers in all your courses....worked for me back then! cheesy

Good luck, and graduate well...
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by 12suport: 11:31am On Feb 15, 2021
We are in same boat

But the key is to study past questions too

There are some part that will be useless, just go through past questions to know the areas they set questions on mostly and read those part well on your slides and lecturer materials and you willl surely do well

That’s my own technique, exam is next month , no time to read unnecessary stuffs

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by revived: 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
Adejofrenzy:
Since i discovered school is a scam in My 300level, I gave up on reading.. Whenever exam approaches i make plans with men i trust.

Agba firiyoyo grin grin
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by Danzakidakura(m): 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2021
Kriss216:

That's first symptom of oloshoism.
a bottle of life for you.
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by bularuz(m): 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2021
That's what happens when you stop learning, I'd advice you to prepare for some carryovers next session
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by Tillatalk: 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
shamsin6300:
I don't know for you sha.
But as I am typing, I have a text tomorrow to do, most of my mates enter night class to read but I choose to stay back and release myself do u know why?

I didn't wait for him to announce the test b4 I start reading, I read like exam is almost due.
after all the reading who go pass go pass
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by bluefilm: 1:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
Stargurl20:

Those are clearly, the signs of a lazy nigerian youth syndrome
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by Iizykidoo(m): 1:51pm On Feb 15, 2021
Stargurl20:

Yh I understand how you feel because it happened to me too when I was a student....The only way you can tackle this is still through reading...understand yourself, don't rush yourself, ...it just happening because you spent so much time without stressing your brain...what I did was I did mine gradually sometime I read for 10minutes, 30 minutes, then gradually it came back...u have to understand urself so u won't gt frustrated....try to have fun while studying too...after relaxing for a few minute (play game,movie) read again..NB u have to do this b4 exam start fully so that your body get conditioned to reading again....I wish u success
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by shamsin6300(m): 2:30pm On Feb 15, 2021
Tillatalk:
after all the reading who go pass go pass

Those that normally pass are categorize under the reading part.
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by Tats(m): 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2021
Stargurl20:

Think of Carry Over
Think of Extra Year
Think of big salary when you start to work

.........and you will be motivated! grin grin
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by Silentgroper(m): 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
HORLADSTAR:

must you quote me abi shey na ur gracias shebi na my own, wetin kon concern you ??

gracias
Learn to take to corrections.
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by HORLADSTAR(m): 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2021
Silentgroper:
Learn to take to corrections.
e be like say you no dey quick die shey, kwantinu

GRACIAS
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by Silentgroper(m): 6:46pm On Feb 15, 2021
HORLADSTAR:

e be like say you no dey quick die shey, kwantinu

GRACIAS
Y u dey do like xay brain dey pain u na. Look up d meaning of gracias.
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by frankosivue(m): 8:11pm On Feb 15, 2021
Stargurl20:

It's as a result of not studying in a long time. Revise all concepts that the current courses you are taking are build on. For example, I'm revising calculus because I'm having problems with Ordinary differential equation.
Re: Am I The Only One Experiencing This As A Student? by HORLADSTAR(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
Silentgroper:
Y u dey do like xay brain dey pain u na. Look up d meaning of gracias.

gracias

(1) (2) (Reply)

2010/2011 Neco Gce Result Is Truly Out On Net. Call Now For Any Result Problem / Delsu Pre-degree 2nd Batch Out. / Ansu Supplementary Form Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.