Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? (26326 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / Make Sure You Don't Drink These Things If You Are Single (Pictures) / Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by vikstandon(m): 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:
Today I was really angry. Someone got me so mad that I could destroy things or harm the person. But I maintained my cool. Yet I was just mad almost all day that I couldn't concentrate on anything else. Then I became angrier for being angry and being in a bad mood that was caused by someone else.

Then this evening, and since it's been a while I went out to drink cos I've been very busy lately. So I went to my ATM and withdraw as much as I could afford to waste.
I went to a bar, drink, drink, took peppersoup..and took a couple of stick...
Now I'm a happy man and no longer angry.

I'm. now wondering how people who don't drink nor smoke or go on lavishing spree manage to relieve their anger when mad..Hmmm. This life is too short to allow people spoil ya mood

We sleep...
We take a long walk from the particular environment causing mood swing.
We identify with people who make us happy.
We sometimes pray.

But walking away is our best bet!!
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by INCREDIBLE007(m): 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:
Today I was really angry. Someone got me so mad that I could destroy things or harm the person. But I maintained my cool. Yet I was just mad almost all day that I couldn't concentrate on anything else. Then I became angrier for being angry and being in a bad mood that was caused by someone else.

Then this evening, and since it's been a while I went out to drink cos I've been very busy lately. So I went to my ATM and withdraw as much as I could afford to waste.

I'm. now wondering how people who don't drink nor smoke or go on lavishing spree manage to relieve their anger when mad..Hmmm. This life is too short to allow people spoil ya mood

IT depends on the gravity of the offence and the offender

--if it's a mild offence, I'll just look away ( like someone steps on you and didn't apologies )

--
Intermediate offence like someone accusing one wrongly and even reporting me here and there.
depending on the level of civility of the person. I might make my case to the person and others, and forgive and
give such people distance

----the last one is the offence
which involves danger I.e the offender is armed, I'll exercise restraint
and stay away from the person

all these things i said it's actually easier said than done
it's easy for me cause of the Bible precepts of love of a GOD and man, which has become a lifestyle
and my major in school HOSPITALITY ( we see people as asset that needs care )

1 Like

Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by NiRfreak(m): 12:28pm On Feb 15, 2021
Toks2008:

What is the correlation between drinking, smoking and anger?

If you have anger issues you have it if you don't you don't.
So you are insinuating I probably don't have anger issues...But I think people get angry and can remain angry for long. That's the way I quickly defuse my anger from lingering, cos being angry for long is counter productive for me
I believe people who don't have measures to quickly defuse their anger risk prolonging their anger which I believe it isn't good for the person.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Karleb(m): 12:29pm On Feb 15, 2021
Walk away. Think of what I'd do angrily rather than do it.

While I was younger, I always unleash the anger. But as man don old, I hardly react angrily these days.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by EMARIO2021: 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2021
Are you a Freelancer but have issues setting up your UPWORK account. I can easily do that for you and unlock your pathway to earning extra income. Hit me up on 07060872433.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Yadid(m): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2021
I learnt somewhere that feelings of hurt often precede anger. By my observation, I found it true. So the real deal is to deal with the hurt and the anger will vanish. You'll be shocked that what got you angry on a bad day won't even move you on a very good day that you feel so good about yourself. Deal with the hurt.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by NiRfreak(m): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2021
Nicoddemus:

Very stupid question. So you cure anger with bad habit and think everyone else should be like you .
How do you cure yours is the question.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by NiRfreak(m): 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2021
99thEnemy:

You need therapy which will teach you coping skills under Anger Management.

If that doesn't work? You will soon be welcomed to the world of Sertraline and Sodium Valproate in addition to therapy
Dependency on Alcohol will only make it worse. trust me. It's chronic addiction isn't funny.
But I don't get angry everyday to warrant everyday drinking
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by tardell007(m): 12:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
By taking tramadol
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by oluwasegun007(m): 12:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
Your last sentence is how I manage mine

But the best thing is remain silent and walk away..I bet you it works all the time.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by abimic(m): 12:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
I rarely get angry, and when I eventually do, I still calm myself down by myself in max of 20mins. No biggie.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Sallybbwings:
I don't even know why people get angry. there is nothing in this whole wide world that can get me angry. instead it will motivate me to do more. I have a lion heart, nothing moves me. nobody moves me. I only move myself.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
grin grin grin
alasane:
When I saw this post, I remembered a wisdom that my grandfather said to me at my uncle's wedding while we were sitting near each other next to the music band.

The volume was loud and i did not hear the wisdom ��
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Nicoddemus(m): 12:44pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:

How do you cure yours is the question.

Now you're asking rightly not trying to seduce us into your habit sad.

Ok, if I'm angry I'd separate myself and never talk to the person that offended me as long as the anger lasts. In my silence I play music that suits my mood until I get over it
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just avoid animals or mad people, but like you said, letting the person who hurts you know, could be helpful, so they do not see you as a weak individual, in my case, there comes a point, where i address the person, if i cannot bottle it up, i let them know as soon as they step on my toes, but then, be ready for escalation or conflict.

I notice some people tend to take others for granted, sometimes they pick on others who they perceive as weak and they need to be told immediately not to do so.

There are some cases where you encounter people with bad attitude in public, and they tend to be ready for conflicts, this type of people you should avoid, but if they attack you for no reason, its good to defend oneself.

The way anger is addressed may differ according to the situation, the environment or the causes. It is advised to ignore strangers who one encounters in public, but for those who are known, you will access the situation or context to determine the appropriate response.

MrCliff:
I'm now wondering how people who don't drink nor smoke or go on lavishing spree manage to relieve their anger when mad..Hmmm. This life is too short to allow people spoil ya mood

Lol... it's a mind thing man. I believe people 've a thing or two that makes them happy and they resort to those things to spice up their mood when vexed.
But truth be told bro. I'm not a preacher of peace and love. nothing kills a man like Not being able to say or do things when need be 'like telling ur crush how u feel about them, or telling people to their face that they f*cked u up when they do. Not having the will power to do the above, kills.
So same thing goes to not dishing it out hot to people when they step on ur toes. Although, not in all cases but sometimes walking away gives u a more bigger pain than settling the scores as e de hot
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by BigBizzy(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2021
Calm down..,,na babe wey you don arrange wey mess you up on val evening.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by richeeyo(m): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2021
I pour the anger on online games, like COD WARFARE
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by NiRfreak(m): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2021
Nicoddemus:

Now you're asking rightly not trying to seduce us into your habit sad.

Ok, if I'm angry I'd separate myself and never talk to the person that offended me as long as the anger lasts. In my silence I play music that suits my mood until I get over it
What if it's your father, mother or boss that annoyed you whom you have to talk to
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Kingzjayzee: 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:
To slap you dey hungry me like beans undecided
hahaha
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Pimine: 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
Aswearugaaad

I nor go lie say I never drink nor smoke before o. 'Twas an experiment and I didn't like it, esp. drinking, so I quit.

Sleeping is the easiest way. I always wake up much better after a long sleep. I also use this method when I'm disappointed.
If I can't afford to sleep at that point, I just listen to music or write a song about the negative emotions I'm feeling at that point.

I've found that talking about how you feel helps you ease off it so sometimes I just talk to my niccas.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by tunize(m): 1:07pm On Feb 15, 2021
That is becos guys like us who dont drink nor smoke have natural high na follow come from belle. Wen i'm angry i just keep shut and walk away.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by tobeymichael16(m): 1:08pm On Feb 15, 2021
Try meditation. It works wonders.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2021
For me, the ability to reflect on the implications of any actions, when angry, helps me, I am able to access the situation and the individual, and to estimate their ability, sometimes, i may even let a weaker person, win so i can do more productive things, or i may ignore the individual, i may reflect more with logic, or i may proceed to do something to take away my mind from that issue.

Just think about the future when you are angry and the implications for you and others.

Some things need to be clarified, while other things are not worth it.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Nicoddemus(m): 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:

What if it's your father, mother or boss that annoyed you whom you have to talk to

If I compulsorily have to talk to you I'd reduce it to the smallest minimum
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Hayjay231(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
HopeVictor:
I should have recommended my book on anger..but I angrily destroyed the book so I have nothing to offer to you..
Word
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by NiRfreak(m): 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
Nicoddemus:

If I compulsorily have to talk to you I'd reduce it to the smallest minimum
Yes, cool, but its a generic sign that one is still angry, infact avoiding contact and speech with people who annoyed us is a sign we are still angry. Maybe in that way you could defuse your anger..but in that way, for me, merely seeing that person just trigger my anger button even if I try to say little to him or her.....
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by scofield114: 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
by keeping silent nd telling myself its a part of the game (life)
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2021
JUST DON'T GET ANGRY AT ALL. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS STUPID BUT WITH TIME AND SINCERE PRACTICE YOU CAN ACHIEVE THIS AND PEOPLE WOULDN'T WANT TO MESS WITH YOU ANY LONGER BECAUSE YOU END UP SMILING OR KEEPING QUIET WHEN THEY FUCKUP WITH YOU.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Rexnegro(m): 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2021
NiRfreak:

I am fucking okay , I have decided already what to do when angered , which is to walk away or speak out to let it flush but never to make fists whatsoever. my personal quote is "expect the unexpected" with that quote it has helped me to control anger even before it happens. that's just me for you tho
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by Liposure: 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2021
Vivian16:
My hubby does not drink or smoke and he has a very cool temper I thank God oo
You married an alien.
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by AleAirHub(m): 1:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
HopeVictor:
I should have recommended my book on anger..but I angrily destroyed the book so I have nothing to offer to you..
Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? by babtoundey(m): 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
I don't drink, I don't smoke and I hardly get angry. When I get angry, I, by all means avoid contact with that thing or person that gets me angry.

I hate it when anger influences my statement, thought or actions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Parents, Don't Use Your Kids As Your Retirement Plan. / Life As An Albino (my Experience) / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets After 12 Years Of Waiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.