Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge (35695 Views)

Insecurity: Uzodinma Takes Refuge In Abuja / Oyo Crisis: IGP Deploys Intervention And Stabilisation Forces / Ajah Shanty Community Residents Take Refuge At LBS After Community Raid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by Dinirojones(m): 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
ednut1:
When hausa starts their own. Make we no cry o
that's the concept , let them start their own , let's divide this evil contraception called Nigeria already
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by venger: 6:22pm On Feb 15, 2021
edo3:
Small boy everywhere.. [s]So because u bastard saw edo3,, u idiotic father thought am from edo[/s]..
Na one slap Hausa man from Niger slap your sophisticated brother forming white dragon and he went to the land of no return talk less of you that hide behind keyboard, issuing treat. As i said earlier bleep up my mention
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by hermesprogidy(m): 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2021
Taye4j:

Whenever there is no justice, there won't be peace for the Government. After the Yoruba man was killed, people reported to the police, but because they are Buhari's brothers, the police shielded them. Now people have decided to help themselves.

You blame should go to the govt and the security agencies who will always shield these criminals from being prosecuted.
My question was a rhetorical one, and I agree with all you posted, but it doesn't justify the violence, we should learn to live in peace.
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by Tiwatopebabe(f): 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
Skipperrabiu:
mr man u're just sliting lies or base on ur fact am a yoruba am from Osun state my i grew up in osun and letter my father got tranfer to 223battalion dakarawa barack presently am running my bussiness in the northern part , and its a record in the north that yoruba are not commited to voilence no yoruba was killed in the northern region base on ethnic if care is not taken we will all be affected here in the north if they are to turn against us no such things in sokoto state
I understand the reason for your stand. You see, I used to know a family back then who came to the South West to start over. They claimed business was bad here and in order that their family might support their leaving, they said a lot of wonderful things about Hausas. Less than a year later, the man of the house was brought back home killed, mutilated.
For Yorubas like you, it's first money then survival. And in order to make the money, you are ready to change the obvious. Don't sweat it, Hausas are born to be bloody. The best thing to do is to leave that place, or at least, start planning to leave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2021
Kriss216:
Yorubas are now at the mercy of Fulani/Hausa.

My prayers are with them.
Werey, your people need it more grin

1 Like

Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by Freelancer2020(m): 6:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
[/quote][quote author=Vikkoh post=99080853]Let the Yoruba People keep on treating them with Kid gloves eh!
E go soon clear for their eyes angry .

shut up��
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by Strech(m): 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
Coronavirus84:

Aboki find somewhere seat down jooor
senseless skull miner.
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by danlamimuhammed: 7:08pm On Feb 15, 2021
i think very soon 2004 will surely repeat it self and this tym around no mercy
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 15, 2021
Tiwatopebabe:

I understand the reason for your stand. You see, I used to know a family back then who came to the South West to start over. They claimed business was bad here and in order that their family might support their leaving, they said a lot of wonderful things about Hausas. Less than a year later, the man of the house was brought back home killed, mutilated.
For Yorubas like you, it's first money then survival. And in order to make the money, you are ready to change the obvious. Don't sweat it, Hausas are born to be bloody. The best thing to do is to leave that place, or at least, start planning to leave.
what u're saying for about voilence will not happend inshoallah i beleived nigerian will be better tomorrow
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by EmekaA125(m): 7:10pm On Feb 15, 2021
NaijaMutant:
In the words of el-rufai

Yoruba done buy market.

It will be better they all park and vacate Oyo state before Fulani reprisal.
Fulanis are troublesome. An average Yoruba man detest violence unless pushed to the wall. That's one of the virtues I admire a lot about them–tolerance and accommodating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by EmekaA125(m): 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
Peaceful co-existence is the way forward now. In as much as Yoruba may appear weak or treating this crisis with kid gloves, it doesn't change the fact that Fulanis are violent and naturally troublesome anywhere they are. An average Yoruba man is the least to subscribe to violence unless pushed to the extreme. Hausa-Fulani should know that Buhari won't be President forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by malakaimoscondo: 7:42pm On Feb 15, 2021
Neddstark:
Yorubas are the most accommodating people in Nigeria. But never take their simplicity for weakness. Ilorin was a mistake, the enemy's mission was underrated. Never again will it happen.
guy I hate crisis...but hausa ma get craze if they reprise....I dont pray for that..here in kaduna,,,they are just gobbling that Yoruba are killing our people ......any gathering na the matter..I pray for peace..Yoruba people full north pass the way hausa they there o...God we need peace sha
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by nemynely(m): 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
post=99082494:
Let there be peace in our nation.

Without Justice? angry angry angry A tall order i think.
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by Neddstark: 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2021
malakaimoscondo:
guy I hate crisis...but hausa ma get craze if they reprise....I dont pray for that..here in kaduna,,,they are just gobbling that Yoruba are killing our people ......any gathering na the matter..I pray for peace..Yoruba people full north pass the way hausa they there o...God we need peace sha

In this 21st century of information. No tribe has monopoly of violence. I have learnt this from the Jos crisis of the natives and the hausas. The Jos natives we thought were calm became devil incarnates when it came to self-defense. Not to talk of the Yorubas, the tribe that presently holds Nigeria together. If the Yorubas unite and choose to defend itself against the Hausas it will be bloody. All Northerners here will feel the heat. Endsars will be a joke.
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by malakaimoscondo: 8:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
Neddstark:

In this 21st century of information. No tribe has monopoly of violence. I have learnt this from the Jos crisis of the natives and the hausas. The Jos natives we thought were calm became devil incarnates when it came to self-defense. Not to talk of the Yorubas, the tribe that presently holds Nigeria together. If the Yorubas unite and choose to defend itself against the Hausas it will be bloody. All Northerners here will feel the heat. Endsars will be a joke.
u still dont get it...abeg no bring end SARS come here...I hear u sir..
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by Rilwayne001: 9:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
FriendNG:

Before you blame it on the useless commander in chief, blame it on your useless governor followed by the C in C.

The governor will take his blame, but believe me, it all started with Buhari ignoring other tribes pain from the many killings Fulani herdsmen has been going about in every part of the country.

The CinC did nothing when herdsmen go about killing people. Even if he won't do anything, constant statement from him assuring people of their safety is enough to scare of the killers away from their dastard act, but instead he chooses to shut up. And whenever anyone talk about the atrocities, the presidential aides are quick to defend fulani actions. Miyyeti Allah would come out to threaten anyone that dare talk and the president will see nothing to condemn in the many utterances miyyeti Allah go out yapping.

How could you then expect people not to get tired when they are treated like animals in their own lands, killed, raped and spitted upon?

Can any Yoruba group come over to the North to do all that fulani herdsmen has been doing in the west since Buhari came on board? You and I know the answer and conscience should tell you that, no one but Buharis lack of leadership prowess and ability is to be blamed for the current situation of the country.

Nevertheless, what happened in Ibadan is condemnable. Yoruba aren't savages, but Buhari is pushing everyone to the wall. Really.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by SAMTOBIJU(m): 10:46pm On Feb 15, 2021
NaijaMutant:
In the words of el-rufai

Yoruba done buy market.

It will be better they all park and vacate Oyo state before Fulani reprisal.
. You are very sick upstairs. If they don't vacate, come and vacate them. Senseless post
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by FriendNG: 11:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
Rilwayne001:

The governor will take his blame, but believe me, it all started with Buhari ignoring other tribes pain from the many killings Fulani herdsmen has been going about in every part of the country.

The CinC did nothing when herdsmen go about killing people. Even if he won't do anything, constant statement from him assuring people of their safety is enough to scare of the killers away from their dastard act, but instead he chooses to shut up. And whenever anyone talk about the atrocities, the presidential aides are quick to defend fulani actions. Miyyeti Allah would come out to threaten anyone that dare talk and the president will see nothing to condemn in the many utterances miyyeti Allah go out yapping.

How could you then expect people not to get tired when they are treated like animals in their own lands, killed, raped and spitted upon?

Can any Yoruba group come over to the North to do all that fulani herdsmen has been doing in the west since Buhari came on board? You and I know the answer and conscience should tell you that, no one but Buharis lack of leadership prowess and ability is to be blamed for the current situation of the country.

Nevertheless, what happened in Ibadan is condemnable. Yoruba aren't savages, but Buhari is pushing everyone to the wall. Really.

Don't confuse two different issues here. The herdsmen issue is different from what going on in the market.

Amotekun (under the control of the governor) allegedly join hands with hoodlums to shoot at innocent traders.

They (Bandits) are also kidnapping the same northerners in Zamfara, Sokoto, Kaduna and co, even more than what's happening in the south. They are criminals as they are. They don't spare any tribe when unleashing their mayhems.

So your argument of can Yoruba go and do so so in the north does not match here.

Buhari has failed in his primary responsibility to safeguard the lives of the citizens.

But in this said issue of market fight, the cheif security officer of the state (Governor) should be held responsible first for an alledged state sponsored terrorism before the federal government (President).

1 Like

Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by hansomb: 3:24am On Feb 16, 2021
Some people on this forum are happy or indirectly justifying this massacre. Too bad for you. You need deliverance.
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by whodeyhere: 8:44am On Feb 17, 2021
Ugandatales:

I live 5 minutes from the market...I walk there every evening to buy fruits and to sometimes charge my phone. The boy I charge my phone with is a Hausa guy...he owns a small shop there, and from the way he speaks fluent Yoruba, I would say he was born there. Those guys have been there for decades now and their kids have integrated with the indigenes. It's so sad this had to happen.

And about what really happened, I really don't know...I have heard 10 different versions of the story, I don't even know who to believe. I wish I could see that boy and get his own version of the story. What people don't know is that Hausa shops were burnt (hundreds of baskets of Onions wasted), and Yoruba shops were burnt too. Who started the burning? Who started the fight? That is what I really want to know.

I would be happy if you can update us with the actual event, I heard from someone very close to me that she was at the market on Friday morning when the fight broke out but she mentioned that there had been an unsolved issues related to an hausa man making trouble with a yoruba pregnant woman and hitting a yoruba man that intervened with charm the previous day. She said the news of the death of the Yoruba man was what triggered the fight. That was her account of the event.
Re: Oyo Crisis: 20 Buried In Ibadan, 5,000 Take Refuge by Ugandatales: 8:53am On Feb 17, 2021
whodeyhere:

I would be happy if you can update us with the actual event, I heard from someone very close to me that she was at the market on Friday morning when the fight broke out but she mentioned that there had been an unsolved issues related to an hausa man making trouble with a yoruba pregnant woman and hitting a yoruba man that intervened with charm the previous day. She said the news of the death of the Yoruba man was what triggered the fight. That was her account of the event.

This is the story I heard too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari's Wedding Plans Unveiled, As President Meets Ahmed Indimi / Obiano Holds Mass Burial For Unclaimed Bodies Of Fuel Tanker Victims (Pic) / Arise TV Crew Members Lampoon Hope Uzodimma Over His Igbo Presidency Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.