Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

3 Fears Keeping You From Launching Your Own Career Or Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Fears Keeping You From Launching Your Own Career Or Business (203 Views)

How To Build Your Own Career Like A Business / Oil Plummets 30% As OPEC Deal Failure Sparks Price War Fears / Coronavirus Fears Cost The World’s 5 Richest People $36bn This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Fears Keeping You From Launching Your Own Career Or Business by mosesaigbe(m): 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
STOP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW BECAUSE YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE EXPOSED TO A LIFETIME SECRET

3 FEARS KEEPING YOU FROM LAUNCHING YOUR OWN CAREER OR BUSINESS

Modupe: Good day sir, I am Modupe by name and would love to talk with you on something urgent

Me: Good day Modupe, okay go ahead I am listening

Modupe: I have a skill which I know can fetch me money but anytime the thought of starting a business around skill comes to my mind, there is always this voice in my head saying don't launch the business

I have tried everything possible to stop but I keep seeing myself struggling with that voice.

What do I do

Me: Okay I understand you perfectly well and there are 3 reasons why you keep struggling with that voice which I will explain briefly to you.

1. You Are Afraid Of People Saying You Are Not An Expert
When I started out in my business, it was all about creating content and teaching people how to do it.

I didn't know anything called branding, online visibility, structure or systems.

What I did was to start and kept on learning in the long run. Made my mistakes, failed and learnt from them.

If you keep allowing the voice in your head to stop you from launching that business then you are going to remain with your skill but broke and unfulfilled.

So this is what you should do, ditch that fear and face your front.

Start that business by learning what you need to start.

What skill did you say you have?

Modupe: Yes sir I have training skills

Me: Go and search online how to start a training business.

You can take it a step further by paying a coach who is into training business so he or she can guide you through the step by step process.

Having someone makes it easy for you so in times where you feel lost or want to quit, the person will be there to push you out of your limiting beliefs.

2. You Are Afraid Of People Getting Disappointed In Undervalued Product Or Service
I have had experiences in the past where clients told me my product and services were empty of value.
Did I quit? No rather it made me to go back to my drawing board.
Today, people reach out to me saying I give too much value.
Imagine if I didn't continue? I won't be here today.
Don't be afraid of people being disappointed at what you will be offering rather work on your offering either a product or service.

Believe in what you are offering that it can deliver results. If you don't believe then why should your clients believe in what you are offering.

Develop yourself and build your expertise.
3. You Are Afraid People Won't Buy
The first time someone bought my training on content writing skills, I was shocked because it didn't cross my mind that someone could buy from me.

This is the problem with you Modupe, you feel like your product or service won't be worth paying for.

Do you know what?

You are absolutely right.

No one will buy from you when you can't even see your product or service worth paying for.

If you can't buy your own product or service then why do you think others will buy from you?

Think about that for a moment?

Modupe: Jesu, I have seen my problem unveiled before my face.

Sir please I don't want to waste time, how can I get more of this and even get a guide on breaking out of these fears and start my business?

Me: There won't be time to go into details because my session with you is just 5 minutes left but you can call me later let's talk about the modalities for further details.

Modupe: Thank you so much Sir, I will call you later in the evening.
Me: No problem, you are welcome

I am sure you are saying in your mind right now, this is exactly what I face, how did you know?

Well I know because it is not a place to remain, the feeling of wanting to start your own business or career but because of fear you stopped.

You don't have to let fear stop you, go and launch that business or career, write that book, launch that online course and whatever you have to launch.

I will be awaiting your victory over fear and the celebration of your launch.

Moses Aigbevboile,
Freelance Copywriter//Digital Marketer//Importer//Digital Trainer//Jumia Business Consultant//Addicted Lover Of Jesus.

(1) (Reply)

FBS $140 Level Up Bonus For All / 21 Century Financial Freedom: Knowledge is power. / Urgent Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.