Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,025 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:38 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 (32559 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's First Day As WTO Director-General (Pictures) / COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed To Board Of Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by seunmsg(m): 7:10pm On Feb 15, 2021
cosmatika:

So u ve swallowed ur humble pie and said congratulations? I rmb u were against her then simply because she's Igbo.
U swore with ur testicles that she can nva win it.
Now u ve come to preach unity cos an Igbo woman has been appointed first female WTO president.
I spit on ur tribalistic bald head

What do you guys gain from lying shamelessly on a faceless forum? If I ask you to provide proof of your allegation now, you will run away just like your other brothers or come back to spew more rubbish without providing any proof. Smh!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by madridsta007(m): 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2021
Kzinne:
This is a victory for Nigeria and not for Biafra

Hehehehehehe, she is Nigerian today, abi?

Nonsense.
It is a victory for Biafra.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by iamL(f): 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
The future is bleak for present day Nigerian women.

Lets be sincere, it will be rare to see women like her in this generation.

Many women here have lost all their educational vibes, all that matters to them now is runs, fashion, gossip and Instagram.

I usually ignore comments like this but I must say "craze dey your head, ur hatred for the female gender will bring u to shame".

So u are blind to the way females are reaching out these days be it entertainment, politics, education etc.

I understand the females around u are all into runs, brainless and wasted.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 7:24pm On Feb 15, 2021
Shame to Trump
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Duru1(m): 7:29pm On Feb 15, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:
Congratulations to her, but I'm irked that just a single country has so much power to determine who becomes the DG. They should go ahead and rename it as USTO.

When the said country has more than half the patent and copyright in the world, you should shut the hell up.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Duru1(m): 7:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
seunmsg:
Congratulations to her. When we unite for a common purpose as a country, not even the US can stop us. Kudos to the Buhari administration for coming through for her. We hope she leads the organization well and show Nigeria’s exceptionalism to the rest of the world.

There is absolutely nothing about the ignorant Buhari's administration for Ngozi Okonjo-Iwuala's WTO position. It is all about Ngozi.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by seunmsg(m): 8:02pm On Feb 15, 2021
Duru1:

There is absolutely nothing about the ignorant Buhari's administration for Ngozi Okonjo-Iwuala's WTO position. It is all about Ngozi.

Yeah, she nominated herself.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Petersamuel8(m): 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
congratulations to our one and only slay mama
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2021
[quote author=Lifeiseazi post=99098563][/quote]

Copy and paste the Twitter link, i want to see something, people plagarise comments on the net.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by wamide042(m): 8:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
Admitwithschola:

Why are you being try so hard to be stupid when you're not? You don't need this rubbish shit you're doing.

Please kindly and slowly read what you typed. Correct it and come back to abuse me. Thank you.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Admitwithschola: 9:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
wamide042:

Please kindly and slowly read what you typed. Correct it and come back to abuse me. Thank you.

Lol. There is nothing to 'read slowly'. Thank you for showing that I made a typo, but the message clear well well - and the typo will not be touched because some guy on the internet is trying to correct me for English. Just lol.

Grow up and act with maturity. Anonymity of nairaland is not a reason to be unpleasant.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Admitwithschola: 9:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:
Shame to Trump

Oga, leave Trump.

We all have our candidates. She wasn't his, and this's fine.

Thank God she won eventually. I'm excited for her. She is wonderful and respected and as I said before the children are great.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by nextstep(m): 9:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
tot:

The World Trade Organization (WTO) deals with the global rules of trade between nations. That should answer your question.

To wit: an American or British WTO DG - inspite of the outward appearance of being neutral - would actually push American and British interests in negotiation and arbitration, frequently conferring with their president/prime minister. The question of "what it means for us" realizes that Dr. Iweala's would be highly unlikely to push Nigerian (or African interests for that matter), so while this is certainly historic, it doesn't change anything on ground.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Admitwithschola: 9:18pm On Feb 15, 2021
nextstep:

To wit: an American or British WTO DG - inspite of the outward appearance of being neutral - would actually push American and British interests in negotiation and arbitration, frequently conferring with their president/prime minister. The question of "what it means for us" realizes that Dr. Iweala's would be highly unlikely to push Nigerian (or African interests for that matter), so while this is certainly historic, it doesn't change anything on ground.

This is a good argument.

Is the mama there as Nigerian or American?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Eriokanmi: 9:18pm On Feb 15, 2021
nairalandankrah:
#ipobamaka
If I hear...no be una wan kill this woman's dreams by fasting and praying for trump's comeback? God isn't man and He had proved himself again. Not even trump could stop her. I hope her tribe would learn to celebrate their own for once. Congrats madam once again
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Megatrix: 9:20pm On Feb 15, 2021
seunmsg:
Congratulations to her. When we unite for a common purpose as a country, not even the US can stop us. Kudos to the Buhari administration for coming through for her. We hope she leads the organization well and show Nigeria’s exceptionalism to the rest of the world.
These BMC clowns will never cease to amaze. The same NOI you clowns were calling all sorts of names? Where is the Kemi Adeosun you and your fellow zombies were saying is better than NOI? Of course the incompetent clown was booted out in disgrace for forging NYSC certificate.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Gabson001(m): 9:20pm On Feb 15, 2021
Mrs okon ji iwe ela
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Johnnyessence(m): 9:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
congratulations to the indefatigable economy boss.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Staro: 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
Congrats ma
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by luluosas(m): 9:41pm On Feb 15, 2021
Congratulations NOI. Congratulations Nigeria. Congratulations Africa.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by cosmatika(m): 9:57pm On Feb 15, 2021
seunmsg:

What do you guys gain from lying shamelessly on a faceless forum? If I ask you to provide proof of your allegation now, you will run away just like your other brothers or come back to spew more rubbish without providing any proof. Smh!

So I'm not even the only person that has tackled u on this? That means we are many that know u and saw the post.
I'm sure you've rushed to delete it.
Tinubu's boy. I'm sure one day u ll deny dat here too wen he fails in his wild goose chase
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by pazienza(m): 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
Keemsleek005:

I asked a question cos i didnt understand the argument then when they said the chief defence is not an ibo and madam iwela is igbo. All i asked for was clarification and nothing more. Just want to learn more.

The Western Igbos as they were known in colonial times became Midwestern Igbos post 1963 and then Bendel Igbos post 1970. They later became Delta Igbos from 1991 and was later christened Anioma by an Ohaneze Ndiigbo chieftain, Dennis Osadebay , an Asaba man.

Anioma is an acronym for the four main Igbo speaking units found in Western Igbo.

1. A= Aniocha
2. N= Ndokwa/Ukwuani
3. I= Ika
4. O= Oshimili

MA= was arbitrary added to make it sound close to an Igbo word, hence ANIO-MA. Meaning beautiful land in Igbo language.

Of the four units above. Aniocha and Oshimili , where Okonjo hail from and who are jointly called Enu-ani (Upland) are on the majority proud of their Igbo identity as they share boundary with South East.
Whereas the Ika ( where the Army chief Irabor)hail from do not share boundary with SE and have a rather intense boundary relationship with their Edo neighbors hence are neck deep in identity crisis.
The Ukwuani where Sunday Oliseh hail from have boundaries with Isoko and Urhobo people and have too much interactions with these non Igbo tribes, hence are deep in identity crisis as well.

So yes. The Igbo in South East have over time come to realize Ika and Ukwuani/Ndokwa hostile nature towards us and their Igbo denial, hence we are quick to deny them too.
But for the Enuani (where Okonjo, Jay jay Okocha, Nzeogwu, Pat Utomi) hail from, with exception of places like Issele uku, the people from this part are proud of their Igbo identity and Ndiigbo in return are quick to embrace and support them.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Thazard(m): 10:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Many women here have lost all their educational vibes, all that matters to them now is runs, fashion, gossip and Instagram.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Lifeiseazi: 10:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Copy and paste the Twitter link, i want to see something, people plagarise comments on the net.
https://twitter.com/egwuatulam/status/1361332293235802114?s=19
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by taurusdude0(m): 10:49pm On Feb 15, 2021
Kzinne:
This is a victory for Nigeria and not for Biafra

Who the fu*k asked, pls shut it pine hole
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Keemsleek005(m): 10:56pm On Feb 15, 2021
pazienza:

The Western Igbos as they were known in colonial times became Midwestern Igbos post 1963 and then Bendel Igbos post 1970. They later became Delta Igbos from 1991 and was later christened Anioma by an Ohaneze Ndiigbo chieftain, Dennis Osadebay , an Asaba man.

Anioma is an acronym for the four main Igbo speaking units found in Western Igbo.

1. A= Aniocha
2. N= Ndokwa/Ukwuani
3. I= Ika
4. O= Oshimili

MA= was arbitrary added to make it sound close to an Igbo word, hence ANIO-MA. Meaning beautiful land in Igbo language.

Of the four units above. Aniocha and Oshimili , where Okonjo hail from and who are jointly called Enu-ani (Upland) are on the majority proud of their Igbo identity as they share boundary with South East.
Whereas the Ika ( where the Army chief Irabor)hail from do not share boundary with SE and have a rather intense boundary relationship with their Edo neighbors hence are neck deep in identity crisis.
The Ukwuani where Sunday Oliseh hail from have boundaries with Isoko and Urhobo people and have too much interactions with these non Igbo tribes, hence are deep in identity crisis as well.

So yes. The Igbo in South East have over time come to realize Ika and Ukwuani/Ndokwa hostile nature towards us and their Igbo denial, hence we are quick to deny them too.
But for the Enuani (where Okonjo, Jay jay Okocha, Nzeogwu, Pat Utomi) hail from, with exception of places like Issele uku, the people from this part are proud of their Igbo identity and Ndiigbo in return are quick to embrace and support them.

Thanks you explained it more better. Now i understand better.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by nextstep(m): 2:30am On Feb 16, 2021
Admitwithschola:

This is a good argument.

Is the mama there as Nigerian or American?

She was nominated by Buhari, so technically she's there as a Nigerian.
However, she is a faithful student of Western dogma, and will look to Biden and Johnson for direction, so she will run as an Anglo-centric American.

It's all good and we all wish her well... afterall she managed to get Nigeria's loans restructured/paid off based on her influence within the World Bank back in OBJ's time, so we'll see.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by nextstep(m): 2:40am On Feb 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Not sure this is accurate. There are nearly 50 million Nigerian ladies aged 18-50 (200 million * 1/4). Even if you take only 1% of them who are at at Dr. Iweala's level in terms of talent and potential, that's still 500,000 of them working hard behind the scenes. You don't see them because they are not on Instagram. They are pilots, lawyers, professors, bankers, doctors, businesswomen, IT professionals, and so much more.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 3:15am On Feb 16, 2021
seunmsg:

Mind ur words... buhari didn't help her
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 16, 2021
Lifeiseazi:
https://twitter.com/egwuatulam/status/1361332293235802114?s=19

This is interesting....anyway, it is not surprising that people copy other people's comments and articles here and claim it, it happens all the time
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Lifeiseazi: 8:08am On Feb 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

This is interesting....anyway, it is not surprising that people copy other people's comments and articles here and claim it, it happens all the time
I know just want to confirm if it your Twitter account
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 16, 2021
Lifeiseazi:
I know just want to confirm if it your Twitter account

I don't have a Twitter account

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye’s NYSC Certificate Dates 9 July 2000 To July 8, 2001 - Senate / DSTV Giving Channel 419 To NTA Is Not A Coincidence - Reno Omokri (Photo) / Ifa Worshippers Offer To Fight Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.