Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today (2047 Views)

Can Bad Injector Mouth Causes Black Smoke Or Increase Fuel Consumption / Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications / 7 Obvious Symptoms To Know A Damaged Fuel Injector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by vincentjk(m): 4:31pm On Feb 15, 2021
Sometime last year I noticed a sudden increase in fuel usage on my ride, discussed with someone and he said it might be due to lack of indomie but I've been using this car without indomie for a long time so why the sudden change? This worried me but there was nothing I could do.

Recently, I noticed poor acceleration maybe I needed to clean up something so I headed to my mechanic's workshop on Wednesday and told him to loose the nuzzles and wash it thoroughly. He decided to also loose the injector and get it cleaned.

Asked me to give his boy N200 to buy tina and the work kicked off.

Soaked the nuzzles for about 30 minutes inside the tina and also used the tina to wash the injector as well and some ugly looking black dirt were discovered to my greatest suprise then fixed back. gave him N1k for the job.

I decided to go for a test, bought fuel of 3k/18 litters and drove a 63km to and fro =126km (with three passengers on my way back and still have enough fuel left and cruising around town.

Like I'm happy I did this because I'd have spent 5-6k on that distance but now I've it fixed, for a moment I was thinking my fuel gage was even faulty and was scared i don't run out of fuel on the high way lol.

I hope I passed a message across though! This would save someone as well.

Car type: Peugeot 406 E10

The below pictures aren't mine tho.

2 Likes

Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by BamBamK: 5:01pm On Feb 15, 2021
Ikenna351
Gazzuzz

this magic portion dey without consequence??
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by vincentjk(m): 8:44pm On Feb 15, 2021
BamBamK:
Ikenna351
Gazzuzz

this magic portion dey without consequence??

I don't think it has any side effect, just a normal cleaning but done in a wise and thorough manner.
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by BamBamK: 8:39am On Feb 16, 2021
ok boss

vincentjk:

I don't think it has any side effect, just a normal cleaning but done in a wise and thorough manner.
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by MyMouth(m): 8:23am On Feb 17, 2021
Good morning, pls is it wise to use injector cleaner when buying fuel? The one they sell at the filling station, I have never used it before but was told by a friend to use it from time to time. Car is a Toyota Corolla 2004.
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by vincentjk(m): 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2021
MyMouth:
Good morning, pls is it wise to use injector cleaner when buying fuel? The one they sell at the filling station, I have never used it before but was told by a friend to use it from time to time. Car is a Toyota Corolla 2004.

Yes I heard it's good, turned one into my fuel tank 2 months ago, I bought the green coloured one.
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by MyMouth(m): 3:59pm On Feb 18, 2021
[quote author=vincentjk post=99190798]

Yes I heard it's good, turned one into my fuel tank 2 months ago, I bought the green coloured one. [/quote
Ok. Thanks
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by vickzie(m): 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2021
vincentjk:
Sometime last year I noticed a sudden increase in fuel usage on my ride, discussed with someone and he said it might be due to lack of indomie but I've been using this car without indomie for a long time so why the sudden change? This worried me but there was nothing I could do.

Recently, I noticed poor acceleration maybe I needed to clean up something so I headed to my mechanic's workshop on Wednesday and told him to loose the nuzzles and wash it thoroughly. He decided to also loose the injector and get it cleaned.

Asked me to give his boy N200 to buy tina and the work kicked off.

Soaked the nuzzles for about 30 minutes inside the tina and also used the tina to wash the injector as well and some ugly looking black dirt were discovered to my greatest suprise then fixed back. gave him N1k for the job.

I decided to go for a test, bought fuel of 3k/18 litters and drove a 63km to and fro =126km (with three passengers on my way back and still have enough fuel left and cruising around town.

Like I'm happy I did this because I'd have spent 5-6k on that distance but now I've it fixed, for a moment I was thinking my fuel gage was even faulty and was scared i don't run out of fuel on the high way lol.

I hope I passed a message across though! This would save someone as well.

Car type: Peugeot 406 E10

The below pictures aren't mine tho.
where is this your mechanic located? I'm getting an average of 85km/10L. I feel I should be getting more.
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by vincentjk(m): 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
vickzie:
where is this your mechanic located? I'm getting an average of 85km/10L. I feel I should be getting more.

You need to be sure there's a fault somewhere first because my trip was done to and fro on 18l i bought and have still have like 6l left or there about.

What type of vehicle do you use as well?
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by vickzie(m): 12:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
vincentjk:

You need to be sure there's a fault somewhere first because my trip was done to and fro on 18l i bought and have still have like 6l left or there about.

What type of vehicle do you use as well?
Peugeot 406, ew10
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by dicksonadams(m): 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2021
Had similar issue, but I did not remove my Injector to clean, I just bought fuel injector cleaner and pour inside, car fuel economy and acceleration improved the next day.

Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by ZaddyJamal: 11:59am On Feb 24, 2021
dicksonadams:
Had similar issue, but I did not remove my Injector to clean, I just bought fuel injector cleaner and pour inside, car fuel economy and acceleration improved the next day.

Can I use this on my camry 05 4 plug?
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by vincentjk(m): 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
ZaddyJamal:

Can I use this on my camry 05 4 plug?

Yes you can, no issues.
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by chidifrank(m): 3:46am On Mar 01, 2021
dicksonadams:
can i use on my 1998 rav4? and how do i use it
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by chidifrank(m): 3:55am On Mar 01, 2021
vincentjk:

Yes you can, no issues.
can i use it on my 1998 rav4 n how do i use it ?
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by morinto: 8:23pm On Mar 02, 2021
I use a fuel injector cleaner and it destroy my fuel pump.my car eat fuel like mad and there is indomie. Have change fuel pump more than 5-times but I still have,fuel pump issue r
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by vincentjk(m): 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2021
morinto:
I use a fuel injector cleaner and it destroy my fuel pump.my car eat fuel like mad and there is indomie. Have change fuel pump more than 5-times but I still have,fuel pump issue r

Do the same thing I did on the post and see what happens.

Hope you don't have a blowing exhaust?
Re: Get Your Injector And Nuzzles Cleaned Today by NaijautoDotCom(m): 5:37am On Mar 03, 2021
You can discover more on how to clean the car engine compartment in: https://naijauto.com//car-maintenance/how-to-clean-car-engine-compartment-7463

(1) (Reply)

The New G-class Squared / Plz Help, My Car Consume Fuel Like Tractor / 2007 Honda CR-V Drags And Jerks During Start Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.