Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff (26295 Views)

Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today / Directors Of Lekki Concession Company/Oriental hotel / INEC To Deploy Over 3,500 Staff For Bauchi South Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Wolfeye: 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2021
I love the selective reasoning of Nigerians.
Do you know how many people lost their jobs because bike companies were banned? Do you know how many people eventually lost their lives because they lost their jobs?
Regular street bikes are back on the streets of Lagos but damage has already been done to those the irrational decision was made for.

That’s just ONE aspect.
But now you want to appeal to the youths you connived to kill their brothers and sisters by turning off your light and taking months to come up with cctv footage to ASSIST you by pitying you because you have 500 staff...

Oh so you love your staff so much? Do you know how many people lost the bread winners of their family?
Painful thing is if I catch one re.tard in this thread trying to “understand” and plead for these elites that love money so much they wasted human lives for toll gate fees they will say I have started and I’m bitter...

Anybody who tries to even dare “suggest” lcc gets their tollgate back deserves to be visited by herdsmen.

That’s all I have to say.

Since thousands of bike men could “find another job” (as job full nigeria na) then whatever 500 staff can find jobs elsewhere.
Case closed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Dukeolumidemans(m): 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
What about the lives of those peaceful protesters lost and the fact that government denied they were shot? Should the youths understand that one too? Or the fact that Lagos State government, Federal government, Nigerian Army, BAT and that useless old fool called Lai lai Mohammed conspired and said no one was killed?
Make Ogun kee all of una family wey dey support bad thing there. Kee all of una children and unborn children through stray bullet and strange illness wey no get cure, as una dey oppress people who are exercising their fundamental human rights through peaceful protest.
I don't fuccking know how I manage even come out of this uselessness of a shit hole called a hopeless country...my father should have fuccking stayed back in Germany. Nigeria my foot!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by efilefun(m): 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
seunmsg:
Like I have said severally, LCC is also a victim in all of these. They were doing their business until the Endsars protesters forcefully hijacked their premises for the purpose of the protest.

Despite the fact that LCC committed no crime, their business premises were burnt down by the protesters. LCC also deserve justice.
Burnt down by which protesters People that we saw on live video running for their lives or which protesters Abegiii

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
So you are telling them,not me, that you took loans from banks? Which of the banks did you take a loan from? This people think they are addressing almajirins.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by BusinessCity: 9:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
SmartMen:
May God bless you bro.

Thank you boss
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Pickieox(m): 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
babytoun:

Who removed cameras before the shootings?

Who failed to produce complete video footage of the happenings that night ?

Eti-osa houses over 40% of high end tax payers in lagos state..why can't lagos absorb the remaining loan and spread the payment ? People pay tax and pay toll within the same local govt ..them get mind go erect another one before Ajah..

What happens when the entire loan is completely serviced ..will you commit to stop tolling ?

You dey mind that 30k glutton... grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Freemasonry: 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
If not for your desperation to return to business as usual, the innocent lives that were wasted at the toolgate wouldn't have happened.
Spare us this cooked numbers and get lost.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by JoeEeL(m): 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
futuregovernor:
I don't know why to type.....but ehh,no probs

And you claim to be a future goverrnor?

The illiteracy of most Nigerians is what makes the corrupt cabals keep thriving. Im already sure you are ready to vote Lord Tinubu in 2023. Na so una dey roll.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Eriokanmi: 9:44pm On Feb 15, 2021
Jimasun:

Reaping who off?
Lagos na ur state?
If you can't pay it, go back to Edo state
Yes, lagos is my state. I was born here and by the virtue of that, I'm a lagosian just like current deputy governor babafemi hamzat whose dad hailed from ogun, senator adeola of lagos West whose dad is from yewa, former governors ambode and fahola whose parents hail from ekiti, babafemi ojudu former commissioner born to ekiti parents.

Secondly, mum hails from jakande family and by that virtue alone, I'm a lagosian. I have my LGA documents to back this and I can contest elections in both edo and lagos.

3rdly, I'm a resident of lagos and I've a proof and resident permit on this

Lastly me, my parents, siblings have houses in lagos and we've all lived here even though dad is from edo and we've been paying that toll since inception.

I'm more of a lagosian more than most of the former and serving politicians. I know how much I've paid each time I crossed that toll gate to dad's house for years, even collected an e-tag. That's the first thing we'd remove after 2023 elections

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
Freemasonry:
If not for your desperation to return to business as usual, the innocent lives that were wasted at the toolgate wouldn't have happened.
Spare us this cooked numbers and get lost.
why did the foolish protesters block the toll gate/ road

1 Like

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by BreconHills(m): 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2021
BusinessCity:

Ekuke

Before you curse him how many of your prayers have answered.

He made sound economic points that begs for sound intellectual response. If the balance left to be paid is truly 50 billion, if Lagos absorbs it, and spreads the payment across for example 120 months, 250 Million Naira could be used to service the repayments which is a tiny sum out of the IGR the state generates. Like you slaves aren't aware the multiple taxation Nigerians pay is extremely high. From direct tax deductions from bank accounts they are about to initiate, to car park indiscriminate taxes, to service rendering, to hike in commodities like petrol to electricity and high cost of locally produced demands, you don't see clearly Nigerians are been overburdened with too much loads your emperors put on people's backs.

Use your brain I take my shoe beg yoy

You dwibs should start using your brains for once

And Lagos is the only city in the world that has a high tax burden? Let's put aside this spectre of Tinubu that has people barking at each other and tell me why a the toll gate should remain closed because people were killed there. By this token the US Capitol building should still be shut.

We cannot in our effort to exorcise political ghosts damage the livelihoods of innocent Nigerians and diminish the value of investments made by others.

If the Toll gate should remain shut then when should it re-open?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Pickieox(m): 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2021
BusinessCity:

I know. The toll gate is alot bigger than 98% of people think. That's why when people grow into his political structure they enter severe oath taking cause.. Make I lay low. What's my business with him. His time is already fading

You come finish ojúyọbọ́ like this grin grin grin

You Sabi am wella, just like my uncle told me too back then about him how he used to pay journalists 150k as pocket money as cyber bullies, or paid columnists and the likes. He will even order food from his hotel at times...Your claims are very right. I strongly agree with you. Calling that man wicked is an understatement, at least we could see his actions during the EndSARS, even until now, he keeps mute over the Fulani terrorist herdsmen menace all because of a stupid inordinate ambition that is dead on arrival...

grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by SmartMen: 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2021
undet:

Oga LCC turned off the lights. LCC was an accomplice to the murdernid Nigerian youths on the 20th Oct, 2020. I was at the scene the following morning. Cleaning company was already there, cleaning the whole place . They swept and washed off the evidences as far as I am concern. Do not be an LCC apologist here please.
that guy is known Tinubu boy around here. so don't expect him to be sincere or honest... but their doubt will be cleared by 2023 when their daddy losses bid to clinge the APC ticket...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by plaindealer: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2021
This is very unfortunate especially when public administration allow lawless people, social media activists and hoodlums dictate government policies and infringe on the rights of Lagosians.

This road doesn't belong to protesters, hoodlums and attention seeking social media crowd and they don't get to dictate to the government when and how to manage government infrastructures.

They've collected their forensic evidence so that road must start normal tolling operations, if some are sad and still feel like protesting, it's their right to protest, but they don't have any right to block any roadway, to disrupt day to day movements of law abiding Lagosians or impede commercial activities.

There are thousands of other locations for you to go to for your protests.

Your right to protest is not above the rights of other Nigerians and their freedom of movement and liberty to life.

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by BusinessCity: 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2021
BreconHills:

And Lagos is the only city in the world that has a high tax burden? Let's put aside this spectre of Tinubu that has people barking at each other and tell me why a the toll gate should remain closed because people were killed there. By this token the US Capitol building should still be shut.

We cannot in our effort to exorcise political ghosts damage the livelihoods of innocent Nigerians and diminish the value of investments made by others.

I could. Engage you more intellectually but since you've settled for a side of the issue there's no point. With years in studying macroeconomics and putting multiple businesses into existence and managing hundreds of people till date I can emphatically state that the BAT economic plan is grossly faulty and abusive in every way and manner. But then Omoluabis always reason every counter as a threat to Oodua nationalism. So I'll resist wasting my time

I wish you good luck with/in your servitude

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by abbey37(m): 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
So you can appeal to the youths to let you continue business so you can meet up with your loan obligations but it was ok to switch off the lights on the facilities and remove the cameras for the evil Nigerian army to shoot and kill innocents youths in the dark of the night, your ruin has just started LCC will never see the light of day.

7 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by BusinessCity: 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2021
SmartMen:
that guy is known Tinubu boy around here. so don't expect him to be sincere or honest... but their doubt will be cleared by 2023 when their daddy losses bid to clinge the APC ticket...

Don't mind Nigerians and their beneficiary mindset. My uncle. Mums immediate younger brother has been with Tinubu since Mobil and manages his interests first hand in many of his top projects that he needs trusted hands. But am I not the one speaking freely here? If Tinubu sees this comment here now he can trace me cause he knows the person on first hand basis

I stand with/for Truth. Not a crazy twisted minded godfather

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Freemasonry: 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2021
Lagbaja88:
why did the foolish protesters block the toll gate/ road
You are smart enough to know why.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by BusinessCity: 9:57pm On Feb 15, 2021
abbey37:
So you can appeal to the youths to let you continue business so you can meet up with your loan obligations but it was ok to switch off the lights on the facilities and remove the cameras for the evil Nigerian army to shoot and kill innocents youths in the dark of the night, your ruin has just started LCC will never see the light of day.

Amen

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by AuroraB(f): 9:57pm On Feb 15, 2021
seunmsg:
Like I have said severally, LCC is also a victim in all of these. They were doing their business until the Endsars protesters forcefully hijacked their premises for the purpose of the protest.

Despite the fact that LCC committed no crime, their business premises were burnt down by the protesters. LCC also deserve justice.
you no get shame kankan. If not for anything, the traffic gridlock caused by the tollgate should make you think like a human being. But no, you have turned your back against wisdom embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by BusinessCity: 9:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
Pickieox:

You come finish ojúyọbọ́ like this grin grin grin

You Sabi am wella, just like my uncle told me too back then about him how he used to pay journalists 150k as pocket money as cyber bullies, or paid columnists and the likes. He will even order food from his hotel at times...Your claims are very right. I strongly agree with you. Calling that man wicked is an understatement, at least we could see his actions during the EndSARS, even until now, he keeps mute over the Fulani terrorist herdsmen menace all because of a stupid inordinate ambition that is dead on arrival...

grin grin grin

If I say things about Tinubu people go shock. I've been keeping his records for years. People will be shocked at how far he has gone. Even his people. I feel sorry for people who follow people based on the public stunts pulled by thier heroes.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by pretyval: 9:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
Give us the names of those 500 employees, we will provide jobs for them elsewhere.... That Toll gate will not function again. Awon Ole.... Murderers

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by SmartMen: 10:02pm On Feb 15, 2021
BusinessCity:

Don't mind Nigerians and their beneficiary mindset. My uncle. Mums immediate younger brother has been with Tinubu since Mobil and manages his interests first hand in many of his top projects that he needs trusted hands. But am I not the one speaking freely here? If Tinubu sees this comment here now he can trace me cause he knows the person on first hand basis

I stand with/for Truth. Not a crazy twisted minded godfather
Bro, u don't need to tell me. That man will destroy lives just to get what he wants... a selfish bastard and he is very good at throwing tribal slurs at my people through proxies... his 2019 attack on Igbos made me lost a real estate deal worth several millions even before it started... I will forever HATE that man.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Pickieox(m): 10:02pm On Feb 15, 2021
Wolfeye:
I love the selective reasoning of Nigerians.
Do you know how many people lost their jobs because bike companies were banned? Do you know how many people eventually lost their lives because they lost their jobs?
Regular street bikes are back on the streets of Lagos but damage has already been done to those the irrational decision was made for.

That’s just ONE aspect.
But now you want to appeal to the youths you connived to kill their brothers and sisters by turning off your light and taking months to come up with cctv footage to ASSIST you by pitying you because you have 500 staff...

Oh so you love your staff so much? Do you know how many people lost the bread winners of their family?
Painful thing is if I catch one re.tard in this thread trying to “understand” and plead for these elites that love money so much they wasted human lives for toll gate fees they will say I have started and I’m bitter...

Anybody who tries to even dare “suggest” lcc gets their tollgate back deserves to be visited by herdsmen.

That’s all I have to say.

Since thousands of bike men could “find another job” (as job full nigeria na) then whatever 500 staff can find jobs elsewhere.
Case closed

Oil dey your head jare...

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Akanbiedu(m): 10:05pm On Feb 15, 2021
seunmsg:

The same company that removed camera before the shooting also failed to produce complete footage of the shooting according to you. So, why are you confusing yourself? Choose one and stick to it.

Anyway, the camera that was removed was a led camera used to capture plate numbers and not CCTV.

So if you’re the governor of Lagos state, you will close down a toll gate with the ability to pay off its loan and take over billions of debt simply because of a shooting incident? Do you even know the amount of debt the state government is currently servicing? With this your kind of business and administrative sense, I pray you never become the governor of any state in Nigeria.

There is no need for this prayer, majority of them can never become anything tangible in their lives with this kind of reasoning.

It's about time Lagos developed a discriminatory policy that discourages people with village mentality from residing in Lagos.

8 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Macphenson: 10:06pm On Feb 15, 2021
seunmsg:

Stop misinforming the public.

LCC is an accomplice in the murder of peaceful protesters.

The protest has been on for days with nobody tampering LCC facilities despite choosing there as the venue for the protest.

I was even amazed how people volunteered in cleaning up the surroundings periodically during the protest.

Then the government evil plan set in.

LCC first removed the cameras giving flimsy excuses.

Next at 7pm LCC switched off all the lights paving way for the evil military to execute their massacre..

Next said LCC the main cameras are intact and released edited tape to the panel.

LCC is an accomplice in this evil.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by yetunsbay(m): 10:07pm On Feb 15, 2021
Na bankruptcy go be your end in God's name

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by BusinessCity: 10:10pm On Feb 15, 2021
SmartMen:
Bro, u don't need to tell me. That man will destroy lives just to get what he wants... a selfish bastard and he is very good at throwing tribal slurs at my people through proxies... his 2019 attack on Igbos made me lost a real estate deal worth several millions even before it started... I will forever HATE that man.

You can imagine. Whatever hatred Nigerians now have for themselves, Christians, Muslims, Yoruba, Igbo was grossly amplified by his electioneering antics which he used 2011/2014 to which many elites and social icons like Aare Ozuoba Gani Adams forever criticises him for. Today the nation as a while is reaping from the hatred he sowed 2011/2014

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Misterone: 10:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
BusinessCity:
He said. Rather the emperor said. Publish the books openly or let an external world acclaimed body have access to the records which everyone has been asking about for donkey years. Upon through accounting audit, you can then go on to state the duration for payment to get completed and not increasing the toll rates and extending the tenure the toll stays in place that was been pushed to the front burner before all of these starting popping up...
If you can't do this, 50 Billion is what Lagos can repay if it dedicates 1 Billion per month within a 3 years tenure

But of course not, you know the toll generates billions monthly and it's milling out cash for its emperors amidst dodgy reasons you would not disclose.

INEC stated that APC spent over 100 billion on 2011 elections alone.. Osun states political funding where Aregbe mismanaged state resources... Aha... This and more the reasons book won't be open and external professional audit performed s it ought to

. You think it's still the 1940s that once you speak subjects take your thrash hook, line and sinker. Declare the tenure the toll gate would remain in place and place a placard publicly when it will cease to exist

Awon Ole
after spewing all this trash in Search of likes on a faceless forum, you got less than 40 which is failure. shame

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Pickieox(m): 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
BusinessCity:

If I say things about Tinubu people go shock. I've been keeping his records for years. People will be shocked at how far he has gone. Even his people. I feel sorry for people who follow people based on the public stunts pulled by thier heroes.

You are very right. A typical Nigerian polithiefcian needs not to be trusted especially that bugged-eye toad thief...

P. S: How can I join your content writing?
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by SmartMen: 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2021
BreconHills:

When should it be re-opened? Let me answer that for you. When they bring back those that they sent to an early grave... Which innocent Nigerians are you talking about? It certainly not the masses that they are ripping off... take your nonsense to the table of Tinubu and his gang Nigerians are waiting for him 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by solonubinho(m): 10:27pm On Feb 15, 2021
Wait. Does this even make sense? How do you take money from motorists to maintain roads that ought to be maintained by the taxes the same motorists pay. These people are irrevocably stupid.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Didn’t Call GEJ After Chibok Girls Were Abducted By Boko Haram — Borno Gov / Nigerian Army To Increase Personnel Strength To 200,000 / Suntai Dissolves Cabinet Amidst Controversies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.