Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff (26300 Views)

Lekki Concession Company Limited Resumes Tolling At Ikoyi Link Bridge Today / Directors Of Lekki Concession Company/Oriental hotel / INEC To Deploy Over 3,500 Staff For Bauchi South Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by drlateef: 12:16am On Feb 16, 2021
From most of the responses so far, I can now understand why protesters chose Lekki Toll gate as their hangout. They are not really protesting against police brutality. Rather they are angry with government for borrowing money to build a bridge and collecting toll to pay the debt. In as much as I love accountability too, it appears that rather than demand for accountability, these protesters wanted the whole bridge development to be demolished and no toll collected. In many developed countries, monies are borrowed to develop infrastructure and people pay toll on roads to be able to recoup the debts back. Yet they pay more taxes than we pay in Nigeria. Yet they don’t complain. But the people can demand for information and accountability instead of destroying the structures. And I know that these protests are sponsored by enemies of Tinubu because they could not match his financial strength during elections. That’s the crux of the matter. There are a few gullible ones among the protesters who may not know what’s happening. But the truth must be told for who cares to know the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by dopsychic(f): 12:43am On Feb 16, 2021
Awon liars if you know how much they make daily you will b shocked
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by hush15: 12:47am On Feb 16, 2021
seunmsg:
Like I have said severally, LCC is also a victim in all of these. They were doing their business until the Endsars protesters forcefully hijacked their premises for the purpose of the protest.

Despite the fact that LCC committed no crime, their business premises were burnt down by the protesters. LCC also deserve justice.

They are liars. If government has equity stake to a 100 percent, what is their problem?

And if they claim there still own 25% stake, let them liquidate it to government. 500 people can't upturn the voices of over 500, 000. That road is used to perpetrate fraud. So many falsehood in their statement. Neway, till moro but that to come and lie that they still owing after over a decade is a fat lie.

That toll must be dismantled. Lagos generate trillions. Their current budget is in trillions so, 28 billion na change. They should go and rest. As I dey type this, I still have a balance of over 5k in their account and I no people go get pass 50k, 100k for their account too.

They should stop all these lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by MayorofLagos(m): 12:58am On Feb 16, 2021
seunmsg:
Like I have said severally, LCC is also a victim in all of these. They were doing their business until the Endsars protesters forcefully hijacked their premises for the purpose of the protest.

Despite the fact that LCC committed no crime, their business premises were burnt down by the protesters. LCC also deserve justice.

FSARS can also say its a victim, it was created for good of society but railroaded by bad eggs.

Infact, miyetti allah can make similar claim of innocence. It's a victim of bad press caused by ak47 totting herdsmen.

Don't forget, shakau is also innocent, he was a muslim scholar, if army had not killed his cleric, Yussuf, they would not have protested and there would not have been bokoharam.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by DSDLIVEREPORT: 2:19am On Feb 16, 2021
All these talk can't still make up for the death of those innocent youths.
Or when did 23b becomes equal to even 1 life .
You ain't ready yet for peace man .
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 2:30am On Feb 16, 2021
Kobicove:

It is not a public company therefore it's not under obligation to publish its financial statements
It is accountable to taxpayers. Tinubu PLC has refused FOI requests into it's finances.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by plaindealer: 2:42am On Feb 16, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

It is accountable to taxpayers. Tinubu PLC has refused FOI requests into it's finances.

What is that?
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by 27Pushing30: 2:58am On Feb 16, 2021
BusinessCity:
He said. Rather the emperor said. Publish the books openly or let an external world acclaimed body have access to the records which everyone has been asking about for donkey years. Upon through accounting audit, you can then go on to state the duration for payment to get completed and not increasing the toll rates and extending the tenure the toll stays in place that was been pushed to the front burner before all of these starting popping up...
If you can't do this, 50 Billion is what Lagos can repay if it dedicates 1 Billion per month within a 3 years tenure

But of course not, you know the toll generates billions monthly and it's milling out cash for its emperors amidst dodgy reasons you would not disclose.

INEC stated that APC spent over 100 billion on 2011 elections alone.. Osun states political funding where Aregbe mismanaged state resources... Aha... This and more the reasons book won't be open and external professional audit performed s it ought to

. You think it's still the 1940s that once you speak subjects take your thrash hook, line and sinker. Declare the tenure the toll gate would remain in place and place a placard publicly when it will cease to exist

Awon Ole

Do you stay around the Lekki area? If yes ignore the report and tell me in terms of road maintenance has the LCC lagged?

That’s my only Q to you for now.

Regards
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by bharkarh(m): 4:08am On Feb 16, 2021
Nigerianization:
Its good to hear from all sides. However, sometimes, fake news helps to force the truth out of their mouths. But how can the Lagos state government acquire the company 100% and still give out 25% stake to private owners...........Which kind bazaar be that?
I found that crazy too. Had to read it multiple times

1 Like

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 5:03am On Feb 16, 2021
bharkarh:
I found that crazy too. Had to read it multiple times
Even TMC crew was saying it was 100% owned by Lagos state. shocked
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 16, 2021
plaindealer:

What is that?

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by plaindealer: 5:42am On Feb 16, 2021

1 Like

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 16, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

You will wait for donkey years. Lagos state that has refused to release details of the contract with Alpha Beta owned by Tinubu that collects 10% tax revenue, you now think will release the financials of LCC?

LCC is only being civilized by explaining to the EndSARS protesters her predicament. LCC owns them no explanation. It is only the Lagos State Government, the State Assembly and Judiciary that can determine if LCC can return back to work. It is now vividly expressed that the choice of the Tollgate for the protest is to collapse the business of LCC and that of Lagos State because of Tinubu Presidential ambition.

LCC should just go back to work . Groups in support of Lagos Developmental initiatives and Greater Lagos should be allowed to clash with EndSARS protesters.

All these explanations are not needed. February 13 was chosen as exit day for Herdsmen in a region. February 13 witnessed a violent clash at Shasha and February 13 was chosen by EndSARS protesters in Lagos.

Those who gave Herdsmen a deadline of February 13 may be the same group that made the choice of February 13 for EndSARS protesters to protest in Lagos.

Dino Melaye group once clashed with another group during a protest at National Assembly before he became a Senator. They should allow Lagos to recover. They should allow Lagos to be rebuilt. Otherwise, groups should be left to engage them. LCC owns them no explanation.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by seunmsg(m): 6:49am On Feb 16, 2021
MayorofLagos:

FSARS can also say its a victim, it was created for good of society but railroaded by bad eggs.

Infact, miyetti allah can make similar claim of innocence. It's a victim of bad press caused by ak47 totting herdsmen.

Don't forget, shakau is also innocent, he was a muslim scholar, if army had not killed his cleric, Yussuf, they would not have protested and there would not have been bokoharam.

What’s your point?
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by masterflowx(m): 6:53am On Feb 16, 2021
tommy589:

As a lay man I just have the feelings,without verifiable evidence that they make tonnes of money ripping the road users off. But i am thanking God we have people like you that will tear their lies into shreds with calculations or documentary facts if need be

Never believe in their lies. They make millions of naira at the toll plaza every hours. My working place is less than a killometer to the toll gate (distance between Bishop Aboyade cole to Lekki Toll Gate). Lcc should forget about the reopening of the toll gate until the victims of October 20th shooting get justice.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 16, 2021
babaolofin:

LCC is only being civilized by explaining to the EndSARS protesters her predicament. LCC owns them no explanation. It is only the Lagos State Government, the State Assembly and Judiciary that can determine if LCC can return back to work. It is now vividly expressed that the choice of the Tollgate for the protest is to collapse the business of LCC and that of Lagos State because of Tinubu Presidential ambition.

LCC should just go back to work . Groups in support of Lagos Developmental initiatives and Greater Lagos should be allowed to clash with EndSARS protesters.

All these explanations are not needed. February 13 was chosen as exit day for Herdsmen in a region. February 13 witnessed a violent clash at Shasha and February 13 was chosen by EndSARS protesters in Lagos.

Those who gave Herdsmen a deadline of February 13 may be the same group that made the choice of February 13 for EndSARS protesters to protest in Lagos.

Dino Melaye group once clashed with another group during a protest at National Assembly before he became a Senator. They should allow Lagos to recover. They should allow Lagos to be rebuilt. Otherwise, groups should be left to engage them. LCC owns them no explanation.
Lagos pays 10% tax revenue to Alpha Beta a private company according to former Managing Director of Alpha Beta,Dapo Apara, is owned by Bola Tinubu, which is unheard of anywhere in the world, where a private firm collects 10% of tax revenue for a state goverment. If this hasn't resulted in the collapse of Lagos state government, I very much doubt LCC closing for good will.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 16, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Lagos pays 10% tax revenue to Alpha Beta a private company according to former Managing Director of Alpha Beta,Dapo Apara, is owned by Bola Tinubu, which is unheard of anywhere in the world, where a private firm collects 10% of tax revenue for a state goverment. If this hasn't resulted in the collapse of Lagos state government, I very much doubt LCC closing for good will.

I don't want to go into the issue of Tax consultancy for State government. It started under Abacha. That is another topic for another day.

If you want to protest against Tinubu and ABC, start the protest, don't hide under EndSARS protest. I know of groups of people that say they prefer death to Tinubu becoming President. They can protest. The civil service in Nigeria is very corrupt and highly inefficient. LCC is delivering clean environment and well maintained road. They are constructing new roads at Lekki axis. Now, most of the inner roads at Lekki are bad, interlocking concrete are pulling out, dirty sewage system, no adequate maintenance since last year. Some people like that, they are not happy to see Lagos moving forward.

You cannot have issues with Tinubu and join EndSARS protesters. They should separate themselves. I also have issues with him but not on his ambition. I believe in restructuring and Oduduwa nation. I have never benefited one kobo from him and only got to know his house at Ikoyi this year when passing through the street. I avoided that street. Despite that, development must continue in Lagos, especially along Lekki - Ajah axis. LCC is doing good work, they should not be grounded.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by BusinessCity: 7:20am On Feb 16, 2021
27Pushing30:

Do you stay around the Lekki area? If yes ignore the report and tell me in terms of road maintenance has the LCC lagged?

That’s my only Q to you for now.

Regards

Smiles

I've been staying there for 2 decades now
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by BreconHills(m): 7:28am On Feb 16, 2021
babytoun:

One man dreamt and implemented all that lagos is today ? Who be the man ? Na Jakande ,Gbolahan mudashiru or Buba Marwa?

Do you know what it means for lagos to be federal capital from 1914 to 1991?

You are obsessed with Tinunbu. Read what I just wrote and see why I said one man built Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by BreconHills(m): 7:30am On Feb 16, 2021
SmartMen:
This is the problem with you... That bastard attacked Igbos in 2019. I mean, Igbos were on their own and he sent his lapdogs after them to disenfranchise them of their right.. In same 2019 election, His wife was caught on video making tribal slurs at Igbos...

Do you know what that cost me? A multiMillion dollar real estate deal because the client were Igbos...

As if that was not enough, away from the election, he said and I quote " Is evans a herdsman" when issues of herdsmen crisis was ravaging his yorubaland... what has evans got to do with herdsmen crisis in Southwest?

Just days ago before the 13th Feb protest, he turned the proposed protest into an Igbo centric attack...

Tinubu didn't make Lagos, Lagos was always going to be what it and they didn't call it the commercial center of Nigeria for nothing... there was Lagos before Tinubu and there will be Lagos after him.

If he was so sure of transformation ability, why didn't he transform his home state, Osun State to Eldorado like those of you are trying so hard to make us believe as we do not have eyes to see it by ourselves.

A protest that was peaceful. they sent out brood of vipers and thugst that they have breeding for years to attack people who asked for better government. When that failed sent army to kill people's children.

You all can try but the world saw what went on at Lekki Tollgate... that Tollgate will remain shut forever and any attempt to reopen and there will be another protest. I assure you.

You cannot kill people's brothers, sisters, cousins and children and want to fill your bank account on the ground that they were murdered aided by you...

e no go better for all of una...

I said it's personal and you are all bearing me out. At least you've removed the toga of pseudo intellectualism. It's your right to obsess. Be my guest.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by BreconHills(m): 7:36am On Feb 16, 2021
BusinessCity:

Smiles. Counter the salient points I raised point for point. Let the public be the judge.

Again, I say unto you verify, verily, leave petty sentiments asides.

Which points? That 50bn can be absorbed by Lagos IGR. You said lagos Tax is a heavy burden. Did you do the remotest of social impact studies to determine that. Uou said nothing but boast about how smart you are. I wish you would allow us test that. I intentionally gave you a way out by asking you to reference 1999 so that you could build your strawman argument so I could knock it down. Instead you are waiting for me to feed you facts you can try to knock down when you are making a case out of nothing. Show Lagos historic IGR, balance it against the simplest of SROI calculations and let's establish the efficiency of the tax. You want Lagos to be a paragon of financial rectitude - what is happening in your state? Please it's early in the morning.
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by BusinessCity: 8:03am On Feb 16, 2021
BreconHills:

Which points? That 50bn can be absorbed by Lagos IGR. You said lagos Tax is a heavy burden. Did you do the remotest of social impact studies to determine that. Uou said nothing but boast about how smart you are. I wish you would allow us test that. I intentionally gave you a way out by asking you to reference 1999 so that you could build your strawman argument so I could knock it down. Instead you are waiting for me to feed you facts you can try to knock down when you are making a case out of nothing. Show Lagos historic IGR, balance it against the simplest of SROI calculations and let's establish the efficiency of the tax. You want Lagos to be a paragon of financial rectitude - what is happening in your state? Please it's early in the morning.

Use your senses. Debate the pint intellectually not stupidly. Is this the best counter you can come up with since yesterday.

People are already heavily taxed in so many ways in Lagos. Simple, deduct assigned accruals over 5 years and make the payment in instalments

Get the fvck off my mentions, slave
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Tomilola360: 8:14am On Feb 16, 2021
which 500 workers? cheesy

better organizations sef no get 500workers
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by yaki84: 8:38am On Feb 16, 2021
Kobicove:

It is not a public company therefore it's not under obligation to publish its financial statements
You r 2000yrs behind.
When it comes to taxation, there is nothing like private or public, the govt will want to see what u make daily or weekly to enable them tax u accordingly.
LCc isn't a private company but public since they claimed it isn't owned by tinubu. Any entity run and operated by the state is a public enterprise
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by Divoc19(f): 8:38am On Feb 16, 2021
Protesters did not burn down anything. Ask Lagos State government who did the burning.

They had it coming..as if their political plays are not enough angry

seunmsg:

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by 9jaRealist: 9:09am On Feb 16, 2021
BusinessCity:
He said. Rather the emperor said. Publish the books openly or let an external world acclaimed body have access to the records which everyone has been asking about for donkey years. Upon through accounting audit, you can then go on to state the duration for payment to get completed and not increasing the toll rates and extending the tenure the toll stays in place that was been pushed to the front burner before all of these starting popping up...
If you can't do this, 50 Billion is what Lagos can repay if it dedicates 1 Billion per month within a 3 years tenure

But of course not, you know the toll generates billions monthly and it's milling out cash for its emperors amidst dodgy reasons you would not disclose.

INEC stated that APC spent over 100 billion on 2011 elections alone.. Osun states political funding where Aregbe mismanaged state resources... Aha... This and more the reasons book won't be open and external professional audit performed s it ought to

You think it's still the 1940s that once you speak subjects take your thrash hook, line and sinker. Declare the tenure the toll gate would remain in place and place a placard publicly when it will cease to exist

Awon Ole

Pretty sure that part of the Financial Covenants with the foreign bank lenders would include audited financial statements by one of the Big Four global accounting firms. That’s a basically standard provision. Furthermore, as a non-listed company (ie, not listed on the stock exchange), it is the accepted convention that it’s accounts are not published. However, I am pretty certain that the House of Assembly can request its accounts.
>
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by gwinaB(m): 9:10am On Feb 16, 2021
They should state how much was invested and how much has been made so far. They should do so with evidences. Telling the public about their indebtedness is not a useful information.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by 9jaRealist: 9:15am On Feb 16, 2021
gwinaB:
They should state how much was invested and how much has been made so far. They should do so with evidences. Telling the public about their indebtedness is not a useful information.

It is more “useful” than not telling...
>
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by 9jaRealist: 9:18am On Feb 16, 2021
Nigerianization:
Its good to hear from all sides. However, sometimes, fake news helps to force the truth out of their mouths. But how can the Lagos state government acquire the company 100% and still give out 25% stake to private owners...........Which kind bazaar be that?

They did NOT give it to private ownership...
The PPP Office is a GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT responsible for public-private projects.
>
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by BusinessCity: 9:21am On Feb 16, 2021
9jaRealist:

Pretty sure that part of the Financial Covenants with the foreign bank lenders would include audited financial statements by one of the Big Four global accounting firms. That’s a basically standard provision. Furthermore, as a non-listed company (ie, not listed on the stock exchange), it is the accepted convention that it’s accounts are not published. However, I am pretty certain that the House of Assembly can request its accounts.
>

Like you don't know Nigerians conjure records

You've not heard companies with two books,one to state low inflow so they don't get heavily taxes, the other with the actual information. Perhaps you should do some digging surrounding what private school owners are doing despite getting paid heavily by parents,and paying workers low go ahead to declare false financial records to not attract interest. It's rampant across the country do your findings

For well over 15 years so many petition has been submitted to open the financial records to no adherence, if the position you stated was true,just like the Ministry of finances publishes the financial records on monthly disbursements to all state they would publish it. But you and I know the obvious. It's Nigerians,rather Lagosians that needs public disclosure on the toll not international agencies
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by 9jaRealist: 9:23am On Feb 16, 2021
tommy589:
As a lay man I just have the feelings,without verifiable evidence that they make tonnes of money ripping the road users off. But i am thanking God we have people like you that will tear their lies into shreds with calculations or documentary facts if need be

Exactly how are they “ripping road users off”? Is the road not being maintained?
The good thing about tolls is that they are essentially USAGE charges - if you do not use the road, you pay NOTHING.

There’s an alternative route through Oniru if you don’t want to pay the toll - but you get what you pay (or did not pay) for.
>
Re: Lekki Concession Company Speaks On Bank Debts, Ownership, Fate Of Over 500 Staff by 27Pushing30: 9:24am On Feb 16, 2021
BusinessCity:

Smiles

I've been staying there for 2 decades now

You only answered one half of my question, Kindly respond to the other part "If yes ignore the report and tell me in terms of road maintenance has the LCC lagged?".

Regards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Approves New Management Team For Customs / Boko Haram Kills 17 Soldiers In Garunda, Borno / Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.