Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job (44585 Views)

Okonjo Iweala: I keep receiving toxic calls and messages / European Union Backs Okonjo-Iweala For WTO Job – Bloomberg / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by ecomalchemist(m): 6:52am On Feb 16, 2021
More wins..

You can only impress your circle, others dont know you and dont care either... while you have the liberty to seive that circle at your discretion.

Laptop powerbanks now available, pay on delivery in Lagos and Nationwide delivery.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by lekkyy: 6:52am On Feb 16, 2021
moscobabs:
Stop making enemies, move on madam

Abi? Shd she even be surprised about Trump’s actions against her?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:53am On Feb 16, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:
Flat-heads confused about who to support on this issue.

"Should we back our recently crest-fallen American hero, Donald Donatus Okechukwu Trump?"

"Should we blast Dona and back our Ogwashi-ukwu sister even though she's not completely Igbo, as she's not from any of our 5 SE states?"

Wahala be like Dangote towel ...

The former president of the US felt that endorsing NOI will be giving undue advantage and encouraging PMB who is sympathetic to the cause of the killer herdsmen and bandits.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Mozegee: 6:55am On Feb 16, 2021
If you think this woman who has attain different positions globally in her life will not go far.who ever you are ,I am so sorry for you. Do not allow jealousy and hatred ruin your life .where she started from,I don't think u will ever reach there in your life. reaquote author=johnmartus post=99111322]Stop bragging madam you look for work and you got it already then get to work and stop ranting after you grabbed power.I know she can't go far.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Eriokanmi: 6:56am On Feb 16, 2021
Monogamy:
I really don't think this is necessary...

You have now been appointed so Move on Ma
It's very necessary. Trump could have boasted much more, had he managed to have his way. Useless racist like him. Pride goes before a fall. Its an ancient but evergreen adage.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by snoopanddre(m): 6:56am On Feb 16, 2021
Madam forget all that stop looking backward if u kno what u are carrying and look forward. Congrats
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by isaythetruth(m): 6:58am On Feb 16, 2021
johnmartus:
Stop bragging madam you look for work and you got it already then get to work and stop ranting after you grabbed power.I know she can't go far.

stop being angry unnecessarily, don't you think this great woman would do better than the dull man you have as president presently if she is given the opportunity?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by KaluwisxPRO: 6:58am On Feb 16, 2021
johnmartus:
Stop bragging madam you look for work and you got it already then get to work and stop ranting after you grabbed power.I know she can't go far.

Please learn to keep quiet while people celebrate their wins and victory. If you cannot be happy for them. Keep quiet in your dark corner of misery.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by PHijo(m): 6:59am On Feb 16, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
Trump is a racist but our mumu brothers have slavery mentality, so it's Trump or no one

Do some of you even understand that word?

Is it important if he is racist or not?

If he is, why did he support a candidate of another race, the former South Korean trade expert?

For those who know, he felt Okonjo-Iweala would not be hard when it comes to China and that is true.

She would never be as hard as the South Korean woman. South Korea has a strained relationship with China.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by KaluwisxPRO: 6:59am On Feb 16, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
The former president of the US felt that endorsing NOI will be giving undue advantage and encouraging PMB who is sympathetic to the cause of the killer herdsmen and bandits.

The US gave their reason for objecting, why are you assuming? What is it with Nigerians and conspiracy? WTF?

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Mozegee: 7:01am On Feb 16, 2021
I pity for you with your life of jealousy and hatred.A woman who has attained different positions globally is the one u are saying that she will not go far.i am sorry for you, because her little begining.i don't think you will ever reach there.Get some sense who ever you are and be happy for others when God has blessed them.
johnmartus:

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by wowo2: 7:03am On Feb 16, 2021
I am sure she is a cupboard Trump voter and supporter. Trump that is r a c I s t, you are being his African American friend at your own peril.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by chris51(f): 7:03am On Feb 16, 2021
Monogamy:

It is very necessary. Is it not the same Trump who was crying he was rigged out of the election, yet he was blocking someone else. Our Lord is is impartial judge.
Congratulations Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by chris51(f): 7:03am On Feb 16, 2021
chris51:

It is very necessary. Is it not the same Trump who was crying he was rigged out of the election, yet he was blocking someone else. Our Lord is is impartial judge.
Congratulations Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by malcom1X: 7:04am On Feb 16, 2021
South Korea is more of an ally to America than Nigeria die to the president we have.

Trump was right, the policies that this administration has done has not been good with America.

That woman from South Korea deserves to win.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by helpee(m): 7:05am On Feb 16, 2021
SmartPolician:

Oga, I think she was answering questions from journalists.

She is free to speak.

Trump is sadistic
She could have answered the question differently
She should have anticipated such question. All she needed to say was that the US administration have their reasons for rejecting my candidacy due to their national interest. However, I am working assiduously and will continue to work with WTO to allay their fears, to protect their interest as well as the other member nations. The fact that the new administration eventually endorsed my candidacy is enough to show we are working to bridge the gap. Just be neutral in politics if you are leading an organisation like WTO. She should just chill

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by uniquelyspecial(m): 7:06am On Feb 16, 2021
Monogamy:
you don't mean it!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by APOPTOSIS: 7:06am On Feb 16, 2021
LagosInter:
Madam that pic there is sub par. See where she placed her lappy.

The table is of low quality.

Again please, you are no longer the finance minister of Naija, kindly start wearing suits.

Thanks and congrats.
It's been long I commented on NAIRALAND.
Many have left and more are leaving the forum because of people like you.
U mean she should start wearing SUITS from now on right.?

So, as an Adult, your problem is SUIT..?
Was she wearing suits when the interview was conducted?

Are you more intelligent than those who looked through and beyond her wrapper to see the STUFF she is made of?

You people keep blaming PMB for being clueless, but the chances of picking another clueless Nigerian for position of the highest office still remains at 100%

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by malcom1X: 7:06am On Feb 16, 2021
PHijo:

If he is, why did he support a candidate of another race, the former South Korean trade expert?

For those who know, he felt Okonjo-Iweala would not be hard when it comes to China and that is true.

She would never be as hard as the South Korean woman. South Korea has a strained relationship with China.

South Korea is more of an ally to America than nigeria. They even do military training together, the US have a military base there.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by replete(m): 7:07am On Feb 16, 2021
Monogamy:

She is not ranting bro, she definitely was asked that direct question and her response became the headline.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:08am On Feb 16, 2021
PHijo:

Did he tell you that or it's just your own conjecture?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Sheunma: 7:08am On Feb 16, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Trump personally told you this?

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by PHijo(m): 7:08am On Feb 16, 2021
malcom1X:

South Korea is more of an ally to America than nigeria. They even do military training together, the US have a military base there.

True, sadly Nigerians don't research and they just make blanket statements.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by uniquelyspecial(m): 7:08am On Feb 16, 2021
helpee:
She could have answered the question differently
She should have anticipated such question. All she needed to say was that the US administration have their reasons for rejecting my candidacy due to their national interest. However, I am working assiduously and will continue to work with WTO to allay their fears, to protect their interest as well as the other member nations. The fact that the new administration eventually endorsed my candidacy is enough to show we are working to bridge the gap. Just be neutral in politics if you are leading an organisation like WTO. She should just chill
See show.... Try apply as her spokesperson. You might be lucky

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by PHijo(m): 7:09am On Feb 16, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

Did he tell you that or it's just your own conjecture?

If he told me what?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by NSK4U(m): 7:10am On Feb 16, 2021
johnmartus:

You can never get to her position even in your ten life times, so stop hating and mind your own life.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by helpee(m): 7:10am On Feb 16, 2021
grin cheesy cheesy
uniquelyspecial:

See show.... Try apply as her spokesperson. You might be lucky
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by omenka(m): 7:13am On Feb 16, 2021
TheMan3:
Why won't be block it when your president supporing you is behaving like a Fulani herds man. Just thank God that Joe is trying my mend fences with a lot of people right now. Under the same circumstances, he would have made the same dession
Very stupid comment. So because your president isn't a good president, you shouldn't be considered for employment outside your country.

Imagine the trash some of you come up with simply because of one red headed racist. Most of you are worse than those you criticize.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by yommen: 7:14am On Feb 16, 2021
For all of you that are telling her to move on, please leave her and let her express herself.

For all the Igbos that had always looked at Trump as your modern day saviour, you have seen what he did to your own person gangan.

Hope your eyes are open now.

Congrats, ma. You are the real deal!

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Bukasint(f): 7:14am On Feb 16, 2021
johnmartus:

Bitter soul.. Has your mother gone far in life? Na to dey take gbola farther than her kepkus...

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Furckthemods: 7:15am On Feb 16, 2021
[s]johnmartus:
Stop bragging madam you look for work and you got it already then get to work and stop ranting after you grabbed power.I know she can't go far.[/s]

Pls stfu.... Afonjas always hating. Where is your Kemi Adeoshit today
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:18am On Feb 16, 2021
Donald Trump has a way of doing things so move on and get to work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023 Presidential Election: Full List Of Obi's Presidential Campaign Council / President Buhari Meets With Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala In New York (Photos) / Subsidy Removal: Marketers Galvanise For CNG Rollout At N100/litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.