Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! (9851 Views)

I Have Left PDP – Edwin Clark / Why Obasanjo, Atiku, Amaechi Left PDP – Metuh / I Left PDP 48 Hours To Election To Spite Mimiko–olanusi, Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by wales(m): 6:50am On Apr 08, 2011
Former Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili, on Thursday said her husband, Dr. Chike Akunyili, forced her to quit the Peoples Democratic Party.

Akunyili, who left the PDP last December to contest the Anambra Central Senatorial seat on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, said her husband could no longer accept the violent nature of the PDP in Anambra State.

She recalled how she called a stakeholders’ meeting of the PDP in Awka in 2010 after the party lost the governorship election, saying developments at the meeting shocked her husband, who gave a choice between her marriage and the PDP.

She said some PDP members organised hoodlums, who released teargas cannisters at the meeting venue and sent everyone scampering to safety.

“There and then, my husband asked me to choose between my marriage to him and attending PDP meetings,” she said.

Akunyili said in contrast with the situation in the PDP in Anambra State, APGA was fostering peace and unity, fostered by the Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi

On her campaign for the forthcoming National Assembly election, she lamented the high cost of electioneering in Nigeria, but said she had been able to sustain her campaigns because of the goodwill she enjoyed from people both in Nigeria and abroad.

She said, Akunyili said, “Politics is a rough and difficult terrain. It is crazy. It saps one emotionally. When you are dealing with agbero politicians, it becomes more stressful.

“My experience in the field is bad. There are all sorts of campaigns of calumny, but I am happy I have overcome all of them. I have to go to the market and dance like a crazy person.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110408523590
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by onyengbu: 8:02am On Apr 08, 2011
Madam sorry because Ngige will whoop ya behind in this election.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by Ofido(m): 8:18am On Apr 08, 2011
Aunty madam professor, After one plus you tell us another reason for re-joining PDP,
Instead of for u to tell us say u wher looking for a soft landing party to give you ticket for your senatorial race!!!!!
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 08, 2011
This professor has degenerated to a petty liar, she should be ashamed of herself.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by doctorT(m): 8:29am On Apr 08, 2011
Story story from Madam NAFDAC. Who doesn't know which party will be easier to win because of incumbency factor,
Let's see if Ngige will not win and if she will not go back to PDP,
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by juman(m): 8:39am On Apr 08, 2011
“My experience in the field is bad. There are all sorts of campaigns of calumny, but I am happy I have overcome all of them. I have to go to the market and dance like a crazy person.”

grin grin grin

Prof. Dora is a good woman.

Mr. Ngige, ACN candidate will carry the day.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by texazzpete(m): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2011
Shebi I warned you people about this woman?

It's only in Nigeria where a philosopher's involvement in power results in the philosopher becoming dumber.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by edoyad(m): 8:55am On Apr 08, 2011
Dora shouldn't have used this excuse of leaving her party to save her marriage.
How many men would do that for their wives ? Like it or not she's a role model to aspiring female political office holders, and what she has just done would send the wrong signal.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by md4real(m): 9:04am On Apr 08, 2011
poli_talk
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by texazzpete(m): 9:24am On Apr 08, 2011
SO what this woman is saying is that her husband didn't simply ask her to leave politics totally (which is what any husband afraid of politically motivated violence would do!!). instead she would have us believe he asked her merely to switch party to APGA (because apparently APGA contains saints and angels).
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:44am On Apr 08, 2011
Madam NAFDAC is nothing but a pathetic liar and this is nothing but a petty excuse

Is she saying politicians in APGA don't engage hudlums, thugs and do other all the things she's accused PDP politicians of?

No be na wa, na real wa. . .
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by omo9ja1(m): 11:13am On Apr 08, 2011
I think Madam got a point to prove, however my worry about madan's Uturn was that she represent a national symbol, how can she lower herself to such a meu - meu, DG NAFDAC, Information Minister Federal Republic of Nigeria, Now running to become a senator madam what do you need again in Govt.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 08, 2011
Bytch !
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by chamber2(m): 11:53am On Apr 08, 2011
This woman needs to be examined once again.

Nigerian Professors sef
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 08, 2011
This is superstoryyyy, a life of strife & sorrow,
This is superstooory, where the fishes drown----
*sing a long, if you know the lyrics*
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by edoyad(m): 12:02pm On Apr 08, 2011
Jon.Bee:

This is superstoryyyy, a life of strife & sorrow,
This is superstooory, where the fishes drown----
*sing a long, if you know the lyrics*

Rotfl , grin grin
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by Dotman01(m): 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2011
texazzpete:

SO what this woman is saying is that her husband didn't simply ask her to leave politics totally (which is what any husband afraid of politically motivated violence would do!!). instead she would have us believe he asked her merely to switch party to APGA (because apparently APGA contains saints and angels).

GBAM.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by vaLasce(m): 12:17pm On Apr 08, 2011
Pharm.dora akunyili. . . . .ágbàri politician.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by Odunnu: 12:22pm On Apr 08, 2011
MadamNAFDAC is learning fast the ways of our polit[b]r[/b]icians
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by JAZES(m): 12:24pm On Apr 08, 2011
doctorT:

Story story from Madam NAFDAC. Who doesn't know which party will be easier to win because of incumbency factor,
Let's see if Ngige will not win and if she will not go back to PDP,

GBAM
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by dapachez: 12:49pm On Apr 08, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Ds story story story once upon a time time time dora come dey pdpd come dey her husband come dey den wen apga come she come follow them that is the end of my story embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassedwhat is the moral jump ship when it aint favourable mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmsssssssssscccccheeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww nonsense make she go rest hustler
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by 1025: 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2011
in my life as a nigerian, i have come to terms with such conclusion that any nigerian professor that is pdp related, is less than a motor park worker.
how and why?
i looked at professor mourice iwu, prof soludo, prof jega and now prof dora. one will always wonder how these naughty professors get these professorships.
is it possible that dora did not notice all these violences all her days in nigeria before joining pdp? is it possible that she liked the violence in the party and was ready to live by it until the husband threatened divorce?
that day, dora joined politics and under pdp, she lost it all.
shame to dora, shame to pdp and shame to nigeria/pdp professors.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by aribisala0(m): 1:07pm On Apr 08, 2011
Two brilliant goals by emanuel adebayor helped real madrid crush a totenham side reduced to ten men after the sending off of peter crouch.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by aribisala0(m): 1:09pm On Apr 08, 2011
looks very likely that barcelona will play real madrid in the champions league semi-final should be a cracker.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by aribisala0(m): 1:10pm On Apr 08, 2011
nigerian IG of police bans the use of tinted glasses in motor vehicles
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by andyanders: 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2011
aALL THESE PROFS NEEDS TO BE EXAMINED. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THEIR BRAIN. WHAT IS SHE DOING IN POLITICS AGAIN? IS SHE NOT TRYING TO GO TO THE HOUSE SO THAT SHE CAN BE GETTING MONEY AS THEY DONT DECLARE THEIR HOME INTAKE. THEY ALLOCATE MONEY TO THEMSELVES. LOOK AT PROF. CHARLES SOLUDO, ANOTHER WASTED BRAIN. AFTER CBN, HE MADE MONEY THROUGH PRINTING USELESS COINS AND TOOK THE MONEY BACK TO RUN FOR POLITICS. ALSO PROF, IWU WHO WENT INTO INEC TO MAKE MONEY. NOW PROF. JEGA, COMING WITH HIS OWN TRICKS. ALL PROF'S BRAIN HAS BEEN MANUPULATED BY NIGERIAN POLITICIANS.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by nimma(f): 1:20pm On Apr 08, 2011
@ Omo9ja1 she forgot her stuff with the Govt and needs to get it back. Her lies were fresher and sweeter when she was NAFDAC DG, and thats because we didnt really know her. Now we know better tongue
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by Guyman02: 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2011
She don dey whin whin whin! She come dey yan yan yan! She come dey gba gba gba! Dora, na so craze dey start, na so craze dey start.

Iam just miming MI the microphone magician!
grin grin grin
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by mithel(m): 1:32pm On Apr 08, 2011
aribisala0:

Two brilliant goals by emanuel adebayor helped real madrid crush a totenham side reduced to ten men after the sending off of peter crouch.
aribisala0:

looks very likely that barcelona will play real madrid in the champions league semi-final should be a cracker.

e be like say u take fake drugs abi,madam akunyili,shey u see

1 Like

Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by MissEZ(f): 1:41pm On Apr 08, 2011
I remember saying this Dora was just as much a politician as anyone else, and if it were possible to die from hateful words, i would be dead, you guys know how insulting people get on Nairaland. No be today she begin misyarn. But anyhow sha keep saying she is ur role model, cos she is not mine.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by luluosas(m): 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2011
Dora's new party adopts Jonathan as their presidential candidate. It is still PDP that Dora campaigning to achieve her Senatorial ambition. Though, she is well focus and lettered, her party romance with PDP is equally painting her as a PDP candidate. Anyway, I wish her all the best.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage —akunyili ! by Emperoh(m): 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2011
Really, i don't know why Dora will use her marriage as an excuse to jump to APGA just to win a Senatorial seat.
There are many more reasons now. We know she will win but assuming she doesn't, i am wondering what will be her reason if she rejoins PDP. Maybe, 'my husband has permitted me to join PDP in other to save my political career'.

There are many ways to play politics or become a Minister and yet not be in the mainstream of local politics.
Really sad that her PR team is not doing well for her!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Baraje-faction’s Suit Dismissed Against Tukur And Mainstream PDP / Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft / Kaduna State Announces New Timetable for Abuja-Kaduna Train Services (Schedule)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.