Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million (65443 Views)

Court Orders Saraki’s Ilorin Houses Forfeited To FG / Breakdown Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Jewelry Forfeited To FG / Photos Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Jewelry, Gold Iphone Forfeited To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Originalsly: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2021
Hmmm..... this is backward.... very punitive. First... they need to place a fine for driving against traffic.... N100 000 or whatever. Vehicle in violation seized.... owner given his day in court. If guilty... given 14 days or whenever from day of judgement to pay fine in full. If unable to... then the vehicle is forfeited and sold at auction. This is how it's done in countries with well planned systems.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2021
Wyry:
Nigerian girls are useless.
All of them
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by nedekid: 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2021
MrAde455:
I want to change some frustrated lives here.
I have 100% sure game and will only share with 10 people for just a chicken change of #100,000

WARNING!
No free game AND no payment after.
If any bastard message me and beg me for free game, I will block you straight away.
I don't have time for nonsense!

Simply whatsap me, pay 100K and you get the game.
I am only helping 10 serious people, that betting companies have made their lives useless.
It is your payback time!

If you like, keep looking like a foool, once the 10 people are complete, that is the end.
The joke is on you.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Flier: 8:02pm On Feb 16, 2021
LMS1:
Dat Dirty Corolla For N6m?
I For Beta Buy 3 New Nissan Micra Take Do Taxi For Ibadan.
Smh...
Its audio payment they won’t pay
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by shopwiser: 8:02pm On Feb 16, 2021
MrAde455:
I want to change some frustrated lives here.
I have 100% sure game and will only share with 10 people for just a chicken change of #100,000

WARNING!
No free game AND no payment after.
If any bastard message me and beg me for free game, I will block you straight away.
I don't have time for nonsense!

Simply whatsap me, pay 100K and you get the game.
I am only helping 10 serious people, that betting companies have made their lives useless.
It is your payback time!

If you like, keep looking like a foool, once the 10 people are complete, that is the end.
Imagine how you are begging with pride...smh...please use your sure game and become a billionaire...bloody scammer

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by mii4u(f): 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2021
Wyry:
I can see u are going sick with this ur "Nigerian girls are useless" slogan. I wonder the naija
babe wey go don do u strong thing
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Flier: 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2021
Sijo01:
A Toyota corolla for 6.5million

It it not the regular corolla or was gold hidden on it
i believe those people won’t pay,they just stylishly shared the cars
Tokunbo isn’t even up to that price

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Benwallt(m): 8:04pm On Feb 16, 2021
LMS1:
Dat Dirty Corolla For N6m?
I For Beta Buy 3 New Nissan Micra Take Do Taxi For Ibadan.
Smh...
it is 666k not mil. The op dey fool himself

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Parizz: 8:08pm On Feb 16, 2021
jawalis:
Scammers.
Modified: after reading some comments here, I concluded that some people only read but they don’t understand. You all kept shouting 6.5m is too much for the car like it was the initial label.
Here’s it. That car was auctioned for a very subsidized price but there are lots of competitors struggling to get that exact car and therefore the price keep adding up just to scare people away till it reached 6.5m. That’s just it. If the competition for that same car increase, then the price may as well be inflated to 7m till someone get it or people stop struggling for it.
thats how its done in movies
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Yankee101: 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2021
This is not right

No decent country does this

You fine the traffic violations not take their cars

This is a good case for the Supreme Court. The punishment can and should never be greater than the crime
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2021
Wickedness, lagos state taskforce are thugs, thieves in disguise. how can you ask someone to pay 55k, for flouting lagos traffick, Are you not mad, Are you not a thieve. alot lost their jobs and are managing. Do those thugs even pay taxes, now your going after clubs extorting 3million. madness cry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by dfrost: 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2021
Mokason288:
The wickedness in this Nigeria is too much

If it were your brother or sister will you auction his vehicle like that to the highest bidder

This is pure Evil

The real evil is when you ride against traffic and kill someone. angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Yankee101: 8:15pm On Feb 16, 2021
This is illegal
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by doxijaw: 8:15pm On Feb 16, 2021
It's punitive not corrective, but stubborn negro's need tough law's.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by fapcrook(m): 8:18pm On Feb 16, 2021
Wyry:
Including all the girls in your family
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by jrusky(m): 8:20pm On Feb 16, 2021
Warning to the bidders don't go and bid for wrong person car then you are being attack then no Task force will be there to safe you because this is more like a institutional stealing or robbery.

To make it clear traffic offence or no traffic offence if you go and bid for my car wey no be me sell am to you but one yeye Task Force I swear your na name sorry.

I'm not in support of breaking traffic rules but auctioning peoples car is far more punitive than corrective. Buy my car and be ready for a long rough ride cus I will go after you.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Mekudi: 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2021
capitalzero:
If your bid for seized cars in Nigeria, pray that owners of such cars do not belong to criminal gangs . You life may go for it.
how will the owner know the buyer grin or the location the car is been used
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2021
If your car is seized on FG road, get a lawyer and proceed as far as supreme court. LASG have no power to impound vehicle on FG roads

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by temiflex01(m): 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2021
You seized someone's car, you can't fine the offender, you go and auction the car. I will never be part of the bid, I will just keep a little cash, Men full ground. Eye for eye, just to mark two govt staff that seized my car. The day my car is auctioned, the next day I wipe them out.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Tulsaguy: 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2021
If you buy my car, you don buy gbege.

NOBODY go tell you before you start looking for me. You MUST sell everything you ever worked for before your life go balance.

grin grin

Sanwo just de kobalize those bidders...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by promotervickky(m): 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2021
Simply Obey Traffic Rules Period
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by capitalzero: 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2021
Mekudi:
how will the owner know the buyer grin or the location the car is been used
It was open bid. Read the post again . Don't joke with criminal gangs. Syndicate!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Reference(m): 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
The original owners should not be permitted to bid. They have comitted a felony so should be disqualified automatically. If not their vehicles should not have been confiscated in the first place and fines imposed instead. The penalty is either a deterrent or not.
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by ppaze(m): 8:30pm On Feb 16, 2021
jawalis:
Scammers.
Modified: after reading some comments here, I concluded that some people only read but they don’t understand. You all kept shouting 6.5m is too much for the car like it was the initial label.
Here’s it. That car was auctioned for a very subsidized price but there are lots of competitors struggling to get that exact car and therefore the price keep adding up just to scare people away till it reached 6.5m. That’s just it. If the competition for that same car increase, then the price may as well be inflated to 7m till someone get it or people stop struggling for it.

People will stop bidding for the car once it gets to a particular threshold thats way above the normal car valuation on the market. Its not a classic so obviously the auction was fixed cos nobody buys a corolla for 6.5 to sell later for profit (how much will you make??)

And you need to stop assuming ppl are illiterates. Nobody said the starting price was 6.5m, they all said its ridiculous to buy it for that price. So na u no get comprehension

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Thomthom(m): 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2021
Nonsense.. I no blame LASG... Na the people wey dey buy another people sweat I blame.... Buy my car then the next day I go invite you to Okija or Ayilala to return my vehicle.. Authorities has done theirs now let the mother nature do theirs
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by jawalis(m): 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2021
ppaze:

People will stop bidding for the car once it gets to a particular threshold thats way above the normal car valuation on the market. Its not a classic so obviously the auction was fixed cos nobody buys a corolla for 6.5 to sell later for profit (how much will you make??)

And you need to stop assuming ppl are illiterates. Nobody said the starting price was 6.5m, they all said its ridiculous to buy it for that price. So na u no get comprehension
Really? Anyways. Thanks for telling me.
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2021
Sanwo-Olu I pity the curse on ya head.
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by watchindelta(m): 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2021
Maxymilliano:
I'm quite sure they fixed auctioneers there to inflate the prices so the owner will bid at higher price in an attempt to win back his or her vehicle

The penalty is inhumane.
true because does car dnt what the amount jor !
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 16, 2021
bukkysam:
Another man's sweat. oga o
What does God has to do with the write up that picture?
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by KingTom(m): 8:43pm On Feb 16, 2021
jawalis:
Scammers.
You said scammers I beg thee sir please read Romans chapter 1 vs 22 grin
Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by kisscivic(m): 8:47pm On Feb 16, 2021
And who in his right sense would bid 6.5 million (double the price of a tokunbo) for that red Corolla. Abi na both the owner and car them bid for?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions Forfeited Vehicles, Sells Toyota Corolla For ₦6.5 Million by zikter(m): 8:55pm On Feb 16, 2021
Originalsly:
Hmmm..... this is backward.... very punitive. First... they need to place a fine for driving against traffic.... N100 000 or whatever. Vehicle in violation seized.... owner given his day in court. If guilty... given 14 days or whenever from day of judgement to pay fine in full. If unable to... then the vehicle is forfeited and sold at auction. This is how it's done in countries with well planned systems.
I think all you have listed were tried here in Lagos, but people are intentionally stubborn. Then, such a fine was imposed and you go for training, pay training fees, buy training books but it didn't work. I am not sure this auctioning will still work. People can't just obey laws in this country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Former President And Wife Leave For Otuoke( Picture) / Dino Melaye: When Vibrant Husband Becomes House-boy To His Wife / Dino Melaye Kicks The Devil's Ass With A Big Boot (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.