Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,026 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility (6386 Views)

My Girlfriend My Dog And Her Strange Request / My Studies, My Girlfriend, My Principles And Goals / Is My Girlfriend My Friend Or My Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by donbuchi1(m): 9:41am On Apr 08, 2011
I ask this quite passionately,
I don't want to bore you with the details.
It is causing an irreconcilably differences.
I remember how it was for her
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by satani22: 10:01am On Apr 08, 2011
not 100% but partly ur responsibility. If theres love, there must be reasonable sacrifices from both sides. OK?
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by justwise(m): 10:06am On Apr 08, 2011
don buchi:

I ask this quite passionately,
I don't want to bore you with the details.
It is causing an irreconcilably differences.
I remember how it was for her

If you have help her, sometimes ur happiness will depend on hers
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by amblors(m): 10:15am On Apr 08, 2011
hmm! this is shaky territory for me.
my opinion though is:
i feel obliged to give when she asks
and thats only if i have or if i can get it.
but if i don't i spell it out.
if it becomes a regular affair, am prob not going to like it.

truth is she get Papa and Mama, so she's their full responsibility until you're married then she becomes yours.

@times i wonder if relationships are all about this: the guy giving while the chic receives, that tradition vexes me, but that seems to be the most popular one. A society where the lady sees the man as some 'always online' ATM, SAD.

give her if you inclined to.

my opinion.
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by iice(f): 10:37am On Apr 08, 2011
In a way yes.
You have a responsibility to uphold whatever 'terms of relationship' bearing in mind the effect on one or both partners. Other than that. . .NO
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by SexyDuby(f): 10:44am On Apr 08, 2011
Not absolutely! You shuld only be assisting her with wateva u have& willing to offer & she shuld always appreciate it BUT wen ure married, den she's ur full time responsibility.
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by 190: 11:09am On Apr 08, 2011
cool cool cool

If shes Darkskinned == NO

any other one === YES
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by skfa1: 11:10am On Apr 08, 2011
To some extent but not all.
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by Nautillus(m): 11:40am On Apr 08, 2011
Yeah, But not entirely ços she is still an iindependenthuman oh,
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by r231(m): 12:10pm On Apr 08, 2011
skfa1:

To some extent but not all.

i am with you on this
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by llemisy(f): 2:36pm On Apr 08, 2011
SHE IS BUT NT 100 PERCENT
BUT YU GUYS ARE MEANT FOR EACH OTHER,,,.
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by olugirl(f): 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2011
these topics are quite common on nairaland where it seems for the woman in a relationship its all about money.

For a hardworking, honest female like myself grin cheesy. i find it quite sad, do 9ja women not work anymore that everything is about the guy having to buy some ATM card or brazillian hair etc?

Anyways back to the question, unfortunately the 9ja society has made it almost a man's responsibility(i wont go into feminine rights etc), but for me, i pay my bills, do all my things myself etc. my bf may decide to give me a treat or sometimes pay for something like my hair cos he really likes the hair (I have had to say no sometimes cos i dont like to feel like I am owned by a man) but i definitely don't see myself as his responsibility as I dont ask for things.

I guess i just live in the age of independent women, shocked
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 08, 2011
190:

cool cool cool

If shes Darkskinned == NO

any other one === YES

sad sad sad sad

@ poster, partially
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by deniyor: 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2011
Nope but you should be able to assist each other reasonably.
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by livedit(f): 6:32pm On Apr 08, 2011
Is your "girlfriend" your responsibility? No. She is NOT your wife. A relationship should be equal. Meaning a mutual giving and take on BOTH sides, not just your's. One-sided relationships is NOT healthy nor will last.

We don't have all the details of everything you are doing and "her past". But far as livedit is concerned. You are only responsible for yourself, personal obligations (work, child (if you have any), your bills etc.) It's nothing wrong in "helping" her because she is your girl friend. But is it your sole responsibility NOPE!

As one independent African American woman, when I was single, I didn't look to my "man" to take care of me. I looked to my Father God, My Creator, My Master.
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by Nekai(f): 6:40pm On Apr 08, 2011
Listen, any woman that is always talking gimmie gimmie is only out for your money. A real woman wouldn't allow herself to beg beg like that. Not even from her parents.
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by tashanja(m): 6:12am On Apr 09, 2011
Nope, not until you put a damn ring on her finger, otherwise please dont mind these girls following men with their little shovels - digging for gold angry cool
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by Pweety4me(f): 6:15am On Apr 09, 2011
iice:

In a way yes.
You have a responsibility to uphold whatever 'terms of relationship' bearing in mind the effect on one or both partners. Other than that. . .NO

smiley
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by dayokanu(m): 6:29am On Apr 09, 2011
Nooo

You should not assist a GF in any way financially. She is not your wife, You need to know if she is with you for the money or for real
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by slap1(m): 10:12am On Apr 09, 2011
Money is a binding glue in a relationship. Unfortunately, we choose to fool ourselves that love conquers all. Bro, if you love her and she asks you for money, give it to her. Whenever you think you can't continue, let her know. She IS your responsibility during the relationship.
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by ragdollz: 10:40am On Apr 09, 2011
Wow this has got to be the most over-flogged topic on NL, the title changes but the theme is always the same: is it my duty to support my gf financially?

I am not fond of over-dependent, lazy women who rely 100% on the hand-outs their bfs give them. I know chics who enjoy the way it feels to be able to spend their own money on what they want without waiting for "bros". However guys should not be tightfisted, if u have, give in to her (reasonable) demands, but let her know u'r not plucking it from trees!
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by jerrydate: 10:54am On Apr 09, 2011
Yeah! its ure job, as far as ure sure shes not using u,
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by jerrydate: 10:57am On Apr 09, 2011
But chicks nowadays eeeh,
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by Beync(f): 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
I thank God no man can open this kind of thread cos of me wink
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by kandiikane(m): 3:10am On Apr 11, 2011
No it should not be but for me the only time you will be responsible for me is when you take me out because I aint paying nada not even one kobo cool cool
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by king555(m): 3:19am On Apr 11, 2011
kandiikane. pls i will like us to chat maybe on facebook or yahoo sarch for me with my I.D ibigod@yahoo.com
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by kandiikane(m): 3:22am On Apr 11, 2011
I do know you but lets get to know each other on here first and we will see about facebook smiley
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by dayokanu(m): 6:26am On Apr 11, 2011
kandiikane:

No it should not be but for me the only time you will be responsible for me is when you take me out because I aint paying nada not even one kobo cool cool

Thn you shouldnt be eating nada even one morsel
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 11, 2011
kandiikane:

See, a white woman would at least even make the effort to want to pay for her own.
It's not like I'd be taking a love-peddler out. I'd be asking a woman out who's supposed [/b]to be independent and her own person.

It is better to go with the mind to pay so the guy can then say "don't worry I got this" and pay the whole thing if he wants to than to go there and be staring at his face like a homelesss person when the bill for the dishes[b] you both ordered
is put on the table.

It's like someone failed to teach these african girls the manners and ettiquette that are required of them in this new age of feminine independence.
Just out to take, take and take and yet feel confused when that promising guy never called again. Any sharp man worth is mettle can pick up gold digger traits on the first meeting with a girl. Y'all have no idea how many tests y'all fail on those first couple dates.
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by dayokanu(m): 7:02am On Apr 11, 2011
^^ You are spot on!!!
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by Ranoscky(m): 7:04am On Apr 11, 2011
Responsibility ko, Resposifinity ni.

Na mi be ha papa?
Re: Please Is My Girlfriend My Responsibility by Ranoscky(m): 7:10am On Apr 11, 2011
slap1:

Money is a binding glue in a relationship. Unfortunately, we choose to fool ourselves that love conquers all. Bro, if you love her and she asks you for money, give it to her. Whenever you think you can't continue, let her know. She IS your responsibility during the relationship.

RE: Bro, if you love her and she asks you for money, give it to her. = WHILE SHE ALSO WORKS AND EARN MONEY?

RE: She IS your responsibility during the relationship. = THEN WHAT ABOUT WHEN SHE BECOMES THE WIFE?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are There Girls That Genuinely Don't Like Sex? / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Romantic Men? / All The Two (2) Minutes Guys...read How To Last Longer In Bed Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.