Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,460 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo (406 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Peter Obi, Dangote, Ngozi Iweala And Jim Ovia / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments / What If Okonjo Iweala Or Diezani Madueke Was Involved In The NYSC Cert. Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo by googi: 9:14pm On Feb 16, 2021
Objective choice for any position should be in merit on accomplishments in previous positions.

They are both economists but only one has proven accomplishments.
Re: Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo by Megatrix: 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2021
You are wrong op, they both have proven accomplishments but I'll still choose Ngozi okonjo iweala

1 Like

Re: Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo by pharmagba: 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2021
No basis for comparison, Okonjo is miles ahead of Soludo.
Okonjo is practical and experience but Soludo is theory
Re: Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo by WoundedLamb: 9:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
Unnecessary comparison in my opinion. It would be more worthwhile to strive to be like any of them than to pit them against each other and make people take sides.

2 Likes

Re: Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo by googi: 9:45pm On Feb 16, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Unnecessary comparison in my opinion. It would be more worthwhile to strive to be like any of them than to pit them against each other and make people take sides.

It is not a matter of pitting them against one another. Ngozi attacked Soludo once and he put her in her place.

Saying Soludo only had theoretical experience is ill informed as he was the Governor of Central Bank. But I can understand .

Nigerians value foreign experience than local experience. The only country where people do that in any successful economy.
Re: Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 16, 2021
Well Soludo should be on global space like Ngozi..
Him playing local politics is really disappointing,I must confess..
He should be at International stage and calling the shots...
Re: Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo by WoundedLamb: 9:52pm On Feb 16, 2021
googi:

It is not a matter of pitting them against one another. Ngozi attacked Soludo once and he put her in her place.

Saying Soludo only had theoretical experience is ill informed as he was the Governor of Central Bank. But I can understand .

Nigerians value foreign experience than local experience. The only country where people do that in any successful economy.

But Soludo didn't ask to be defended. He is more than capable to do that himself. Besides, this was long ago. They had thier issues, they have moved on. I don't see the need to make people take sides now. That's all I'm saying. Else, what's the end goal of this thread?
Re: Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo by Depressed101: 9:55pm On Feb 16, 2021
I will pick Mrs Ngozi because I am more conversant with her accomplishments.. And also put in check that they operated different positions in their service to nigeria. One was a Puppet position as always, the other was a problem solving one
Re: Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo by googi: 10:11pm On Feb 16, 2021
WoundedLamb:

But Soludo didn't ask to be defended. He is more than capable to do that himself. Besides, this was long ago. They had thier issues, they have moved on. I don't see the need to make people take sides now. That's all I'm saying. Else, what's the end goal of this thread?

Look, shed your ethnic unity mentality. This is about the value and encouragement of local talents to solve local issues upon which other countries can learn and make it international.

Charity begins at home. Our fantancy and infactuation with anything foreign has killed our ingenuinty and sent our talents and youths to their gallows outside.

Most local talents in their fields are invited outside on paid fellowships into the world's most prestigious universities. E.g. Ebola test developed locally.

Nobody sings but just taking a flight out is a big accomplishment in Africa.
Re: Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo by WoundedLamb: 10:23pm On Feb 16, 2021
googi:

Look, shed your ethnic unity mentality. This is about the value and encouragement of local talents to solve local issues upon which other countries can learn and make it international.

Charity begins at home. Our fantancy and infactuation with anything foreign has killed our ingenuinty and sent our talents and youths to their gallows outside.

Most local talents in their fields are invited outside on paid fellowships into the world's most prestigious universities. E.g. Ebola test developed locally.

Nobody sings but just taking a flight out is a big accomplishment in Africa.

You still didn't answer my question. What exactly is the end goal of this thread? How does asking who's superior between the two help any of these things you've just said? You already have your mindset, you just want to argue. Otherwise, you'd have just gone ahead to create a thread on the nigerian infatuation with "foreign made" without creating any further division between people that admire both Soludo and NOI. Neither of them made Nigerians infatuated, why hang it on thier shoulders?
Re: Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo by googi: 10:35pm On Feb 16, 2021
Sir, this is the last time I am going to reply you. Sometimes, I just want plane discussion. The sentence after my first answered your question. I do not worship foreign trained, new or used goods and services that has preoccupied Nigerians.

This is about the value and encouragement of local talents to solve local issues upon which other countries can learn and make it international

WoundedLamb:

You still didn't answer my question. What exactly is the end goal of this thread?
Re: Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo by WoundedLamb: 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2021
googi:
Sir, this is the last time I am going to reply you. Sometimes, I just want plane discussion. The sentence after my first answered your question. I do not worship foreign trained, new or used goods and services that has preoccupied Nigerians.

To show you don't worship foreign trained, you created a thread pitting two established professionals against each other? You need to antagonise one to prove your point? How logical. You should be grateful I gave you a few posts cause such dumb threads don't usually get more than three of which two would come from the OP.
Re: Your Choice - Ngozi Iweala Or Charles Soludo by Duru1(m): 10:56pm On Feb 16, 2021
One of the reasons Africans in general and Nigerians in particular do not progress lies in silly comparisons. This is the reason Africans and Nigerians cannot assemble a productive and progressive team. They waste silly time comparing long list of appointments which mostly manifested through nepotistic tendencies. I will choose "Mr. Lawal" of the ordinary level economics fame over both Iwuala and Soludo when economics is the subject matter.

(1) (Reply)

2023: Tension As PDP NWC Considers Sack Of Secondus / Oredegbe Worldwide Association Empower Women With 150k In Ondo State (Photos) / Nigeria has failed in democracy, constitutionalism –Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.