Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? (17618 Views)

What's The Funniest Thing You've Heard From A Child? / The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady / What's The Best Gift You've Ever Received Either From Family Or Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Periklis: 10:25am On Feb 18, 2021
Mine was simple... I rushed a girl to a hospital..a total stranger, payed for emergency fees and drugs. This was done while I was still a student...was broke for days. But I am happy.

12 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by hopexter(m): 10:26am On Feb 18, 2021
I've helped my crush get her boyfriend's birthday cake from Shop, drove down to the hotel where they lodged and delivered the cake. My selfless act of love and kindness grin grin
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by charles009(m): 10:26am On Feb 18, 2021

5 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by pretydiva(f): 10:26am On Feb 18, 2021
tonididdy:
Back then I worked as a pump attendant in a filling station.

I received my grace there ( i was taken out of Nigeria for the first time In my life to the middle east, years later I flew my "then co-pump attendant", all expenses paid to my base overseas to work.

But my actions later I am not proud of embarassed

What happened?
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by FalseProphet1(m): 10:26am On Feb 18, 2021
ezicospot:

Freely Ye Have Received, so therefore FREELY YOU SHOULD GIVE..

This isn't a selfless Act
Pastors and prophets these days don't obey that scripture you posted
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Dreyton36: 10:28am On Feb 18, 2021
If i can actually say it then I don't deserve their appreciation
Useless topic

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Cutehector(m): 10:28am On Feb 18, 2021
Pay tp for all the occupants in the bus
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Samuelking4280(m): 10:28am On Feb 18, 2021
smiley
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by tonididdy(m): 10:29am On Feb 18, 2021
lipsrsealed
pretydiva:

What happened?
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by emmydee(m): 10:30am On Feb 18, 2021
My final year at UNN. It was matric Eve and I saw 2 ladies, jambites, at the middle of a large field. One beckoned on me for help, as I rushed, the lady collapsed on my hand. I simply lifted her like 20kg to my shoulder. Took her to the canteen as the other lady said they had not eaten and had been standing on the que to collect matric gowns. So, I bought a bottle of fanta for her then asked her to sit there for a while before leaving for her hostel. After about 20 minutes, we then walked to her room. She was so thankful and asked me to please be present the next day being matric so as to meet her parents. I didn't even get her name. Me, I no go anywhere and never met her again until I graduated.

10 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by PotatoSalad(m): 10:31am On Feb 18, 2021
Helped a friend robbed by one chance.
Helped her call her bank to block her cards. Gave her 5k, a phone and let her crash the night cos she was pretty shook up and couldn't talk.

Well...
Spent about a month in the hospital and told her. Same town, she only called once, never visited nor reached out...

Instead of returning my phone, she sold it. angry

It is what it is lol

If this happened now, God knows I won't even try am. Human beings don't really deserve love though.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Tenshades(m): 10:32am On Feb 18, 2021
I remember going to the drug store for my friend to get him postinor.

The said idiot later carry my babe go hotel.

Life is wonderful grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by seanwilliam(m): 10:33am On Feb 18, 2021
I lent someone my whole first salary.. she didn’t pay until 6 months pass o..

Also I carry my feeding fee give my roommate to join money wey Dey him hand

1 Like

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:33am On Feb 18, 2021
Fahdiga:
Shining a woman's kondo for free

SMH...
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by femi4: 10:34am On Feb 18, 2021
Taking my neighbor's wife to work
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by jaxxy(m): 10:34am On Feb 18, 2021
Hehe a lot.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Chiminemine(m): 10:34am On Feb 18, 2021
osamz007:

if you still book space in this new year. it's a pity
guy space booking is the way forward.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by balingaonline(m): 10:34am On Feb 18, 2021
I remember then, when we were doing our JSS 3 examination, one friend of mine had a wound in his hand, he can't hold the pen, luckily for him, our seats were not far from each other, I helped him to do all his examinations without consider what will happen to me if invigilator or school authority aware.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by egoldman(m): 10:36am On Feb 18, 2021
Spent about 200k on people I don't know till today online during the lockdown, about 75% of it on Nairaland.

Some of them are still asking for more, I lock up,things don hard, me sef need who go give me undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by seyz91(m): 10:37am On Feb 18, 2021
grin
Fahdiga:
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by GindoX(m): 10:40am On Feb 18, 2021
charles009:
I shouldnt be saying this.

As a recovery manager, I went for recovery drive and found out the lady gave birth to twins and was relieved of her job.

I felt pity upon her and started sending her 10k every month till date, and will continue until she finds her feet.

Shouldn't be saying this, but But just want to encourage us to do more..

Bro, delete this. Enough of those that has read it... Delete am bro...
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by bluefilm: 10:42am On Feb 18, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
I use to tell my friend that if dey dont want to enter heaven they wont enter, but if dey dont want to enter hell fire it depend if satan will gree or not grin

You made a very good point.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 18, 2021
Moved out of my self contained appartment back into my family house in other to house a family of five who were basically homeless for a while until they find their footing.(both buildings are in thesame yard) 3 years later i wanted back my space becos i was 29 by this time and realy needed privacy. I aske them to leave, it became a problem geting them to vacate peacefuly to the extent my family was even divided over the issue. Those events made me conclude that gesture was a mistake. Since then i no longer judge people who never lend a helping hand to others.

7 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by jacoik(m): 10:43am On Feb 18, 2021
as for me ehhhh the selfless thing I have done for a friend is using my tongue to wash my ex girlfriend plate and she enjoyed it. if u know u know
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by jacoik(m): 10:44am On Feb 18, 2021
Fahdiga:
lolxxxxx hahahaha bastardddddddd
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by BigDawsNet: 10:46am On Feb 18, 2021
Praying for someone
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by bluefilm: 10:46am On Feb 18, 2021
madridguy:
I have done few which I will consider as huge risk on my side but the most dangerous one was the girl God used me and my friend to rescue from rapists.
Though I have gave brief narration of the scenario here before but the scene always reoccur in my head anytime anyone ask question like this.

The incident is just like soldiers trying to rescue kidnapped victim from kidnappers or terrorists.

I think I vividly remember that your story
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by KingKingKing: 10:46am On Feb 18, 2021
Neddstark:
Sponsored a family member's business. Gave her half the money to rent a shop.
I think this is small. I have to do way more than this.

Boss please come and be selfless to me
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by The5DME(m): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2021
cc: qtguru
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:52am On Feb 18, 2021
I remembered during the days of looking for a better job, my moccasins saw hell on Lagos roads.

Anyway, it was another bad day, and I was returning home. The sun was harsh on that day.

I entered danfo, and when we were on the way, a guy at the front beside the driver could not find his wallet. The conductor left him, and continued collecting money from everyone else. The guy at the front was beginning to be stressed up, and the conductor was like, "You want to play me for Lagos." I had just 250 naira left on me. #150 naira to take me to my bus stop, and #50 for groundnut and sugar to soak garri.

I secretly asked conductor how much the guy's money was. Conductor said 150. I gave it to him. And paid #100 for a bus stop before mine. The guy was just bowing down and saying prayers. I said don't worry.

I had to trek from this bus stop to my own bus stop before trekking home.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Afrikween(f): 10:54am On Feb 18, 2021
someone bought me a brand new iphone xs max...i gave it to my twin sister, whose phone was spoilt and did not have any means of communication...

5 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by IgboWarlord(m): 10:56am On Feb 18, 2021
I'd say i've lived quite a selfish life so far...Haven't done any selfless thing of repute..Just your normal everyday dose of kindness to family,friends,colleagues and neighbours..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship? / Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission / Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.