Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,946 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? (15666 Views)

What Are The Career Options For A Lawyer Migrating From Nigeria To Canada? / Lady Becomes A Lawyer Years After She Dressed As One For Her School's Career Day / Caesar Chukwuma Nigerian Lawyer In USA Melting Hearts Of Ladies. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,

I've been here for a while now and having evaluated certain things on the forum I think I'll get the sincerest of answers to my question.

I intend to study law; I'm good with my English, have a formidable sense of logical and critical reasoning and naturally charismatic. These should be the basic requirements for intending lawyers( at least, according to the naive me).

Academically, I will humbly say I know my worth: with the beyond-basic knowledge of Government, a fair knowledge of the mechanics of politics and the ability read without wearing out, I suppose a lawyer is in the oven, soon to be baked.

However, my very close confidant advised me to drop the dream and seek something viable. My mother who have not had much to do with lawyers and who believe them to be just hungry folks scavenging for cases from one police station to another doesn't think it's a good shot.

Now, I plead we leave sentiments aside. Be critical with your reply and please, let your comments not be made out of prejudice.

What are my chances of making it as a lawyer in today's Nigeria?

PS: You might have better options for me, like migrating to a computer-related course or learn a soft skill. I've gotten much of that . Just kindly answer the question.

Thanks in anticipation.

Many people will learn too.

17 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by mardis: 6:33pm On Feb 17, 2021
You didn't mention whether you have a certificate in lying.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by sylve11: 6:46pm On Feb 17, 2021
MoneyMusthear:
My mother who have not had much to do with lawyers and who believe them to be just hungry folks scavenging for cases from one police station to another doesn't think it's a good shot.

The words of our fathers, are words of wisdom.... cool

10 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by bluefilm: 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
ZERO

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by chatinent: 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2021
You must learn to lie for a living or you'll be termed ‘charge and bail’ after upto seven years of wearing suits and ancient wigs in the sun.

You must learn to say white is black and prove the chemistry.

You must learn to say a murder case was actually an accident, that the deceased hit the bullet, not otherwise.

You must have about six lines on your head, from forehead backwards.

You must learn to confuse the judge and be a judge in your own case, even if the law forbids it.

You must call a tort a crime, an a tortfessor a criminal.

You must see an invitation to threat case as an avenue to adjourn a case for five years.

Bribery will be your porridge yam.

You must learn to connive with the judge to shift the case to Maiduguri from Port Harcourt so that the Plantiff or Accused will tire out and the case won.

You must learn to wear one socks for twelve years. Oh, my oh.

You must be a politician's puppet to grow or you will end up a lecturer.

You must be a womanizer.

Read again.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by tamudabu: 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2021
My father would say while all chickens are searching for food some will be hungry and some will be full.

Do know that after studying law you can study more. Imagine how well you'd might do if you are a lawyer who specializes in an aspect of law related to computers.

The world, they say, is your oyster. Only you can determine your future.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by dimugonabo: 7:58am On Feb 18, 2021
Just learn how to register companies in CAC.

And you're good to go.

That's what most lawyers do now.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by edoairways: 10:55am On Feb 18, 2021
chatinent:
You must learn to lie for a living or you'll be termed ‘charge and bail’ after upto seven years of wearing suits and ancient wigs in the sun.

You must learn to say white is black and prove the chemistry.

You must learn to say a murder case was actually an accident, that the deceased hit the bullet, not otherwise.

You must have about six lines on your head, from forehead backwards.

You must learn to confuse the judge and be a judge in your own case, even if the law forbids it.

You must call a tort a crime, an a tortfessor a criminal.

You must see an invitation to threat case as an avenue to adjourn a case for five years.

Bribery will be your porridge yam.

You must learn to collide with the judge to shift the case to Maiduguri from Port Harcourt so that the Plantiff or Accused will tire out and the case won.

You must learn to wear one socks for twelve years. Oh, my oh.

You must be a politician's puppet to grow or you will end up a lecturer.

You must be a womanizer.

Read again.
Why and how?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:11pm On Feb 18, 2021
You can not make it anything without The Lord's Help and in Law, you will learn that without the True meaning of "Cut off from me, ye can do Nothing".

However, it is in Law that you would see The Power of God, The Proof of God, The Supremacy of God and The Way to Everlasting Life! (If you are able to descern and avoid the lies that you would inevitably be taught which would guarantee and seal your certain damnation and condemnation!

So knowing this would you still choose the study of Law?

6 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:14pm On Feb 18, 2021
chatinent:

Obviously Ex-Lawyer easy now! What type of Lawyer a person wishes to be still, goes to his choice and preference.

And it is Always at his discretion and power to be a Lawyer of God and of Truth (Jeremiah 2:19) or a Liar!

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by chatinent: 8:41pm On Feb 18, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Obviously Ex-Lawyer easy now! What type of Lawyer a person wishes to be still, goes to his choice and preference.

And it is Always at his discretion and power to be a Lawyer of God and of Truth (Jeremiah 2:19) or a Liar!

2 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by DrAwosanya1982(m): 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2021
Go and ask falana
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by Incognito403: 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2021
5% chance.

If you can't lie, it's 1%>

If you can't lobby around politicians, your chances are 0.01%.

6 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by emmabest2000(m): 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2021
It depends on the type of lawyer you wan be

If it's charge and bail lawyer,
hmmmm.......

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2021
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by Chatflick(m): 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2021
You can't practise law in a lawless country. The federal government doesn't obey the law

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by saheedbadmus(m): 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2021
It depends on who u know o .. in 9Ja all na connection

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by DennisEche(m): 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2021
Guy abort mission, Law don cast since unless your papa na SAN then you can work in his chamber. If you go try am na you and Police IPO go de rub shoulders unto charge and bail things.
Be warned

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by Uyi168: 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2021
With mountain of fire kind of prayers and a connection as strong as the one below, u are good to go.. wink

2 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by merits(m): 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2021
wink

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by RlCHSATAN: 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2021
law in naija is useless. na just show off. my family is made of of 90% lawyers.
infact my family has produced 2 chief judges of my state. but all of them na wash. i hole pass all of them

37 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by saraki2019(m): 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2021
go and get your law degree first, before we can advice you

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by specialmati(m): 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2021
cool cool cool cool plenty chance just make lie Mohamed your role model.

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by Leetika: 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2021
Just forget it . It is stressful as hell here . Especially if you are into litigation. By the time you see what others are earning that didn’t study Law or went through the stress of lawschool you will start asking yourself why you studied law. Except you are just lucky . The market is saturated now

15 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2021
Some caretakers are now claiming lawyers with their Estate & Management Certificates angry

mardis:
You didn't mention whether you have a certificate in lying.

White lies, you meant grin?

7 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by knowhowk: 12:49pm On Feb 19, 2021
Over to the Lawyers
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by Zaggafrank: 12:49pm On Feb 19, 2021
Your chances of making it is as bright as you want it to be. Study and be abreast of the latest laws and trends in law, and you will be very okay. Law is not about telling lies, it's about using the law for the good of the society.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2021
Have passion for what you do and work hard to the best of your ability... Success will come

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers / Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel / How To Write Good CV With No Work Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.