Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? (632 Views)

End Of An Era In Qatar? What Next For Messi, Ronaldo & Neymar / Qatar: This Is Just The Beginning! (pics) / 10 Worst Goalkeepers Mistakes In Football History (funny) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? by Mustiboy(m): 7:05am On Feb 18, 2021
The potential these two lads have shown in the past two seasons has been crazy. There is no doubt our current GOATs are declining, and Haaland and Mbappe are next in line.

Will these two be as consistent as Messi and Ronaldo? Only time will tell, but there is no doubt the rivalry is going to be between these two — for a long time. They have to take the bit between their teeth now.

Btw, it's very sad that neymar is not even in the discussion. Injuries have been his greatest undoing but don't take anything away from his talent. I personally believe he can still win a couple individual awards before retirement.

It's the birth of a new dawn.

Re: Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? by Mustiboy(m): 7:09am On Feb 18, 2021
CC: semid4lyfe, honeric01

FP, please.
Re: Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? by majamajic(m): 7:11am On Feb 18, 2021
Yes
Re: Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? by osamz007: 7:15am On Feb 18, 2021
It's sad but the real truth

NOTHING LASTS FOREVER

Re: Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? by paulolee(m): 8:21am On Feb 18, 2021
we all know cr7 and messi is on a decline after more than a decade at the top but the both of them have left the bar too high for the new competitors...
mbappe n haaland are young promising talents n i see nothing else than just sets of goal scorers in them and cr7 n messi on thier prime gave us alot of amazing nights of football than just goals...
the point is, even if our two aliens are about leaving the stage, we shouldn't rush n add pressure on the new upcoming guys because they need more than a season to tell dt they are ready to be the new world best..
dnt forget that form in temporary n class is permanent and consistency placed cr7 n messi miles ahead of the rest and still deserves more respect even at such age...my opinion

3 Likes

Re: Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? by Mustiboy(m): 9:11am On Feb 18, 2021
paulolee:
we all know cr7 and messi is on a decline after more than a decade at the top but the both of them have left the bar too high for the new competitors...
mbappe n haaland are young promising talents n i see nothing else than just sets of goal scorers in them and cr7 n messi on thier prime gave us alot of amazing nights of football than just goals...
the point is, even if our two aliens are about leaving the stage, we shouldn't rush n add pressure on the new upcoming guys because they need more than a season to tell dt they are ready to be the new world best..
dnt forget that form in temporary n class is permanent and consistency placed cr7 n messi miles ahead of the rest and still deserves more respect even at such age...my opinion

Nobody is saying they don't deserve the respect anymore; we're just ushering in a new dawn of great footballers, and it's inevitable.

Yes, Messi and Ronaldo raised the bar too high for new competitors, but remember records are meant to be broken.

During the past generation, getting a single balon d'Or was a great feat, and going up to win even two was the height of it. But Messi and Ronaldo abused this prestigious award, and, in the coming generations, there will be players who will go on to win up to 10 (might not be either of Mbappe and Haaland).

Remember, records are meant to be broken.
Re: Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? by Great100000: 10:12am On Feb 18, 2021
New Sherrifs In Town...... New Rival But Dont us Deceive Ourselves It Is Not Easy To Break Ronaldo & Messi Records, Ronaldo & Messi Are Consistent Players & Its Not About Goals Alone But World Class Performance
Re: Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? by Mustiboy(m): 10:40am On Feb 18, 2021
Great100000:
New Sherrifs In Town...... New Rival But Dont us Deceive Ourselves It Is Not Easy To Break Ronaldo & Messi Records, Ronaldo & Messi Are Consistent Players & Its Not About Goals Alone But World Class Performance

Ronaldo is all about goals; there's nothing magical or exciting about his game. Messi is the real magician, a joy to watch. But the king of them all is no other than Neymar.
Re: Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? by paulolee(m): 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
Mustiboy:

Nobody is saying they don't deserve the respect anymore; we're just ushering in a new dawn of great footballers, and it's inevitable.

Yes, Messi and Ronaldo raised the bar too high for new competitors, but remember records are meant to be broken.

During the past generation, getting a single balon d'Or was a great feat, and going up to win even two was the height of it. But Messi and Ronaldo abused this prestigious award, and, in the coming generations, there will be players who will go on to win up to 10 (might not be either of Mbappe and Haaland).

Remember, records are meant to be broken.
yes I get ur point but I still think they both need time to impress us before talking about them taking the barton from cr7 n messi..
I think a serious neyma still av and edge ahead of both mbappe n haaland bcox they are both about goals but cr7 n messi had spoiled us with crazy goals records for consecutive seasons dt may be very impossible for these lads to reach or show consistency..
finally you said records are made to be broken but I dnt see any of both mbappe or halland winning 4 ballon d or and I still insist dt some records do happen once in a lifetime n can never get broken not even by anoda cr7 n messi bcox of "luck" factor...
my guy, I wish both players well but they may be the new leaders of football to share ballon d or for the next seasons but dier performances would surely be bellow dt of cr7 n messi bcox both aliens left d bar too high for the new school n I haven't seen any player dts capable of meeting or beating their insane records..
I call for more respect bcoz they are gods of football n on a special lane of their own...

1 Like

Re: Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? by Mustiboy(m): 1:15pm On Feb 18, 2021
paulolee:

yes I get ur point but I still think they both need time to impress us before talking about them taking the barton from cr7 n messi..
I still insist dt they are both about goals and a serious neyma still av and edge ahead of both mbappe n haaland bcox cr7 n messi had spoiled us with crazy goals records during thier peak years..
finally you said records are made to be broken but I dnt see any of both mbappe or halland winning 4 ballon d or and I still insist dt some records do happen once in a lifetime n can never get broken not even by anoda cr7 n messi bcox of "luck" factor...

Hmmmm.

Note that, as some point, it was perceived impossible for a player to win 3, 4, or even 5 balon d'Ors
Re: Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? by paulolee(m): 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2021
Mustiboy:

Hmmmm.

Note that, as some point, it was perceived impossible for a player to win 3, 4, or even 5 balon d'Ors
yes and it becomes a norm for both cr7 n messi, it would be left impossible again till another sets of aliens comes up and i haven't seen any player with such talent for now bcoz such rare qualities are lacking from mbappe n haaland, both of them are just on form n need more time for the world to take them serious, mind you, they haven't done half of the goals records that lewa did and nobody is talking about that crazy goals records of leeandowski bcox a certain cr7 n messi have done better goal records for consecutive seasons.....u get my point??
Re: Is This The Beginning Of A New Era in football? by Mustiboy(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2021
paulolee:

yes and it becomes a norm for both cr7 n messi, it would be left impossible again till another sets of aliens comes up and i haven't seen any player with such talent for now bcoz such rare qualities are lacking from mbappe n haaland, both of them are just on form n need more time for the world to take them serious, mind you, they haven't done half of the goals records that lewa did and nobody is talking about that crazy goals records of leeandowski bcox a certain cr7 n messi have done better goal records for consecutive seasons.....u get my point??
Yes, I do.

But note that Mbappe at 22 already has almost 200 career goals, a number CR7 could only dream of when he was that age.

(1) (Reply)

I Have Lost Interest In My Club(man City) After Ucl Defeat, What Shld I Do? / Meet Jordan Nwora, The First Nigerian D'Tigers Player To Win An NBA Championship / What’s Going On With Nigeria’s ‘richest Footballer’ Oba-goal Martins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.