Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole (71811 Views)

Ukraine Invites Russian Mothers To Fetch Captured Soldiers / President Mnangagwa Fires Joram Gumbo Over Power Outage For 8 Hrs Per Day / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by TMSMedia: 10:03am On Feb 18, 2021
America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole (Video)

Residents of Texas have been captured lining up to fetch water amid days of blackout in the state caused by failure in natural gas operations, IgbereTV reports.

Operators revealed that the bulk of the power loss in Texas came from natural gas suppliers as pipelines froze, making it difficult for plants to get the fuel they needed.

Electricity is normally used to pump water into the homes of residents but since the outage, many have resorted to seeking alternative ways of accessing their daily needs.

In a video shared on Twitter by abc reporter, Erica Simon, citizens could be seen in a queue holding buckets and dispenser containers as they fetched water from a borehole tap.

Sharing the video, Erica wrote;

"This is not a third world country. This is Houston, Texas. I spotted a line of people filing up buckets of water from a spicket at Haden Park. Why? Millions either have no water or are under a Boil Water Advisory."

"Yes everyone, I’m now aware that it’s spelled spigot. Smiling face with smiling eyes"
https://twitter.com/EricaOnABC13/status/1362210811092082688?s=20
See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Df3n10OuU

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by osamz007: 10:04am On Feb 18, 2021
RARE PICTURE OF OJUELEGBA IN AMERICA

777 Likes 50 Shares

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by michlins(m): 10:08am On Feb 18, 2021
See how Nigeria government will use this rare scene to ask Nigerians to endure suffering and lack of social amenities

692 Likes 46 Shares

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:35am On Feb 18, 2021
nothing new here n it can happen anywhere in the world which I believe will be fix within the coming weeks..but here in Nigeria, what has really worked, nothing..instead we keep hearing of vision 2020 or is it now vision 2030....
not even one thing have been done right in Nigeria since 1960!

208 Likes 9 Shares

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by nairalandankrah: 10:36am On Feb 18, 2021
Just a temporal glitch... Ours unfortunately, already has become a way of life.no thanks to APC..
But why only black community is affected?

182 Likes 7 Shares

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by backnbeta(f): 10:39am On Feb 18, 2021
This is due to weather and not due to the irresponsibility and insensitivity of their leaders, unlike in Nigeria undecided

477 Likes 18 Shares

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Enoch07: 10:43am On Feb 18, 2021
at least we know why

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Mynd44: 11:04am On Feb 18, 2021
They also got a bunch of wind turbines but the cheap governor decided not to pay the extra cash to protect then from harsh winters.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by FalseProphet1(m): 11:05am On Feb 18, 2021
I see this problem solved before the end of this week, unlike a particular country in West Africa where the government derives joy in tormenting it's citizens and the citizens dervive joy in suffering. This I have seen

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Maxcollins042(m): 11:05am On Feb 18, 2021
The gas in the pipelines, which powers water into residential buildings, froze due to uncontrollable weather conditions and not because of some inefficiency of those in the power sector. This should not be a news na. Abi the OP is trying to find a company in his misery?

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nostradamus1: 11:05am On Feb 18, 2021
Nigerians in Texas will just be flexing

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by oluwasegun007(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
The line between stone age and civilisation is not far at all....

36 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Primusinterpares(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
This is not good news at all.

Can we blame government or global warming.

Even our climate/weather in Nigeria is not exempted from this depletion of our eco system.

#LetsSavePlanetEarth.

3 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by annygifty(f): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
Still better than ours

15 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by nameo: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
michlins:
See how Nigeria government will use this rare scene to ask Nigerians to endure suffering and lack of social amenities

You don sabi dem finish

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by philips007(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
Life no balance sha

2 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Pochettino(f): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
Nairaland moderators are a major source of our problems in this country.

Why move this to front page

Now Buhari will see this and deal with us then use this as justification that it happens in developed nations too!! Na wa!!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
Africa in America
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Openyamind111(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
This no go be big deal to Nigerians wey dey there.. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by samsard(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
grin
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Childofaking: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
Let them have a little taste of what we see in Africa. power outage of less than a week they are dying already.

3 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by DoctorDree(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
It’s a news because it’s happening in a sane country.......

11 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Newphil: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
Where is the governor?
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by BOLLDD: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
At least dey are well coordinated in fetching the water...

If to say na my beloved country, fight for don start since cheesy

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by dayleke: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
Na So....

It can happen anywhere....

2 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Judolisco(m): 11:07am On Feb 18, 2021
Dis ones go think say dem dey suffer now grin
I even see hashtag to twitter pray for texas grin
Place wey I serve for ekiti transformer been spoil for one year I no see light for my lodge

19 Likes

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by sweetonugbu: 11:07am On Feb 18, 2021
Ok
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by theFilmtric: 11:07am On Feb 18, 2021
what we Nigeria suffer on daily basis—God help us

theFilmtricsay

Basher8583:

Please speak for yourself. I live in Nigeria and I have never suffered water issue in my life. Stop waiting for government handout. It's not a crime to be self sufficient.

Again stop generalising. Every country has poor folks with very poor standard of living. Even in USA. If you happen to find yourself in that category work hard to free yourself.
what nonsense is this one saying?
Was I talking about water?
Or can't you read?
Everybody knows Nigeria's electricity is one off the worst in the world
Abi which kin rubbish u dey talk
I also haven't suffered water problems
Or are you looking for how to brag??
Majority of Nigerians are without stable electricity
Or are you comparing the U.S to Nigeria?
What exactly is wrong?
Next time don't quote someone with emotions
Use facts instead
Basher8583:

See this emotinal
emotional
one talking about facts. Lol.
Like I already mentioned speak for yourself. Do not generalise
generalize
with the word Nigerians. Im not a broke ass like you.

I always knew you were trying to brag
How much do you have that is puffing you up?? undecided

theFilmtricsay

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union / Zuma Protest: South Africans Are Taking Looting To Next Level (Pictures) / The Moment Japan Ex-PM, Shinzo Abe Was Shot (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.