Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents (22957 Views)

Bandits Kill One In Gurmana, Kidnap 10 People; Set Houses Ablaze, Rustle Cattle / Gunmen Storm Military Camp In Niger State, Kill Soldiers, Kidnap 10, Burn Cars / Bandits Attack Shiroro, Niger State. 15 People Drown While Trying To Escape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by ijustdey: 10:17am On Feb 18, 2021
Some communities in Gurmana Ward of Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State have been attacked by gunmen.

Daily Trust learnt that Sarkin Zama, Bakin Kogi (Lagbe), Siyiko and other adjoining villages were invaded by armed gangs who operated unchallenged for hours.

According to Co-convener, Concerned Shiroro Youths, Sani Yusuf Kokki, some residents were killed in the attacks which happened hours after students and staff were abducted at Government Science College, Kagara, Rafi Local Government Area of the state.

“Countless deadly attacks have become daily occurrences thereby compelling the affected victims to live at the mercy of hydra-headed monsters. Defenceless, unarmed and peaceful locals have been abandoned to their fate,” Kokki said in a statement.

The Police Public Relations Officer in Niger, Wasiu Abiodun, neither answered calls nor replied text messages sent to him.

After the attack in Kagara, President Muhammadu Buhari had directed security agencies to ensure the immediate release of the victims.

In a statement Malam Garba Shehu, his spokesman, issued on his behalf, the president had said his government is committed to securing Nigerians.

Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, also held meetings with top government officials over the kidnap at Kagara.

Describing the incident as a source of concern, Adamu had said different strategies were being put in place to address the situation.

“We have restrategised. We are working to ensure that the students are returned unharmed. We are using the same strategy as we used in the past case but it won’t stop us from apprehending those who committed the act. We have deployed our units of mobile policemen to reinforce security in the state. The group that perpetrated the incident, we know the group and we will get the people back unharmed,” he had said.

On his part, Minister of Defence, Bashir Magashi, had asked Nigerians to stand up to bandits and gunmen wreaking havoc across the country.

“We shouldn’t be cowards. Sometimes the bandits come with about three rounds of ammunition and when they fire shots, everybody will run. In our younger days, we stand to fight any form of aggression. Why should people run away from minor aggressions? We should stand and face them. If these people know that the people have the competence and capability to defend themselves, they will run away,” he had said while briefing newsmen at the National Assembly.

His comment irked Nigerians, especially on social media, where people accused him of attempting to shift the responsibility of the government to the governed.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-residents-killed-as-gunmen-carry-out-fresh-attacks-in-niger

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by nairalandankrah: 10:20am On Feb 18, 2021
Sai baba for 3rd term

143 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by nedu666: 10:26am On Feb 18, 2021
This is the state of ibb, abdulsalami, col sanni bello

28 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by judgementyard(m): 10:32am On Feb 18, 2021
get yourself armed!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by extol1(m): 10:35am On Feb 18, 2021
kwara and kogi be at alert. I pity the okun part of kogi most. I see havoc coming in that part

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by donbachi(m): 10:36am On Feb 18, 2021
Thank GOD,sey i don arm myself...with big pepsi bottle.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by Enoch07: 10:37am On Feb 18, 2021
so nothing else is happening in that niger of a state again?? na wa
Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by Balkan(m): 10:38am On Feb 18, 2021
Tinubu and Yorubas brought this evil to our dear country.
You sold your southern brothers to the north for 2019 which was the agreement with Tinubu.

In 2019 they outsmarted you again for 2023. Instead of you to come back to your brothers to realign, you are waiting for 2023 meanwhile, your forest has been occupied. The same mistake Afonja made over 100yrs ago, is repeating itself with Tinubu being modern-day Afonja.

The Hausas have rejected Fulanis
The middle belt has rejected them
The East rejected
All the tribes have rejected them.
Instead of the Yorubas to reject them, they are still romancing with them as husband and wife.

If you miss this opportunity to reject this Fulanis,
Your land would be gone

Use your teeth to count your tongue.

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by ThreeEyedRaven: 10:45am On Feb 18, 2021
Nigeria. The giant of Africa has become a kidnap and cash out hub for Fulani terrorists. Big shame ! I have seen for myself how sadly these Fulani people still sees other tribes as their slaves in this time and age,(really sad and pathetic). Only disintegration will stop this nonsense from continuing

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by Vision4God: 10:49am On Feb 18, 2021
Waiting for the 36 governors that assembled in aso rock to release strategies in curbing this menace.

9 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by Odua1stson: 10:52am On Feb 18, 2021
Buhari is a disaster to nigeria, fulani herdsmen are now killing people how they like

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by Racoon(m): 10:53am On Feb 18, 2021
Too bad! This is Niger state-where IBB, Abdulsalam, Lawan Gwadabe and other former top military general are from yet this unimaginable destruction of lives is actively ongoing.

Guess Gen.Abdusalaam Abubakar was telling Nigerians to be more patient with the Buhari govt as regards the wide spread deteriorating insecurity state ystdy? How will that help these poor souls that have died now? What do they tell Buhari during council of state meetings sef?

12 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by Redcrafton: 10:56am On Feb 18, 2021
What is going in Niger state?

The state has very good military station.

If this was Obigbo, the soldiers will have gone house to house to search.

Why can't they deploy helicopters to search for the bandits?

Why can't they do something.

Niger state and Sokoto state used to be the MOST peaceful states in the north.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by iwaeda: 10:57am On Feb 18, 2021
ijustdey:

Daily Trust learnt that Sarkin Zama, Bakin Kogi (Lagbe), Siyiko and other adjoining villages were invaded by armed gangs who operated unchallenged for hours....

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-residents-killed-as-gunmen-carry-out-fresh-attacks-in-niger

Lalasticlala

Niger state has been fully occupied, next will be Kogi and Kwara in that order. Yet the useless people will be busy welcoming decampes.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by ridwanlawal: 11:01am On Feb 18, 2021
As I dey my dey, dey here dey wait for who wan come meet me for my dey.
Abeg if Nigeria no go help us make them tell us make we help ourselves. Me and Slawomir mount guard for EDO

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by nkwuocha1: 11:04am On Feb 18, 2021
Dog eat dog.
Not my business. undecided

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by iwaeda: 11:22am On Feb 18, 2021
ridwanlawal:
As I dey my dey, dey here dey wait for who wan come meet me for my dey.
Abeg if Nigeria no go help us make them tell us make we help ourselves. Me and Slawomir mount guard for EDO

You did not hear what the Minister of Defence said?
Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by benpuzzy(m): 11:30am On Feb 18, 2021
nedu666:
Col. Sani Bello's home town is safe.
Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by LadySarah: 11:43am On Feb 18, 2021
Their helicopters are at Orlu to kill innocent ppl while running away from terrorists in Niger, Adamamwa, Zamfara, yobe and Borno states.

Ndi Iberibe!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by BKayy: 11:45am On Feb 18, 2021
My people this is boko haram. Make una dey there dey fool unaselves.
Dont tell me you people were expecting them to use the same boko haram name to attack middle belt and South

24 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by MansoryMX(m): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2021
iwaeda:

You did not hear what the Minister of Defence said?

What did he say?
Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by Grace001: 12:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
This is just the tips of an iceberg... Northern Nigeria haven’t seen anything yet

The almajiri children that didn’t go school that are exposed to harsh conditions of life are potential future bandits and kidnappers.

When they grow up they become useless to themselves and to the society at large. They are lured into banditry and kidnapping.

Northern Nigeria need to go back to their foundation and make correction. If not banditry and kidnapping in the north has come to stay for a very long time

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by iwaeda: 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
MansoryMX:

What did he say?
Do not be a coward, face the bandits grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by Danzakidakura(m): 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2021
nedu666:
bro is Sani Bello a Colonel ?
Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by obembet(f): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
How I wish Nigerian can give Buhari another chance to continue after 2023. This man is doing very well. grin

RIP to the vitcm... U are not in wrong nation, u are only rule by wrong leaders

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by Toscarele: 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
Chickens are finally coming home to roost, so na Niger State turn be this.
Abokkis never learn they leave the terrible things happening in the north to comment on the south, no it's amotekun, ESN, IPOB that's your problem. Funny set of people.

It's only a mad man that would chase rats while his house is on fire.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by franchasng: 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
Na wa oh

Why can't Buhari just resign in peace angry

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents by NwaNimo1(m): 12:19pm On Feb 18, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Libya's Instability Responsible For Banditry, Terrorism In Nigeria – Buhari / Stop Attacking Buhari, PDP Group Tells Fayose / Boko Haram’s Computer Analysts, Herbalist Caught

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.