Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness (476 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness / Paying N1/word Is Not Only Trash But An Insult. / Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness by generalpelu(m): 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
You get a job in Fiverr, Upwork and the rest. To write a 10,000 word book.

100% plagiarism free.

You get the job at ₦10/word.

Then you sublet the job on Nairaland at ₦1/word.

You are nothing but wicked.

I know it's not easy to get jobs from freelance platforms, but paying ridiculously is wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness by Elmojiid(m): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
ño vex all na hustle
Re: Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness by Fab21: 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2021
generalpelu:
You get a job in Fiverr, Upwork and the rest. To write a 10,000 word book.

100% plagiarism free.

You get the job at ₦10/word.

Then you sublet the job on Nairaland at ₦1/word.

You are nothing but wicked.

I know it's not easy to get jobs from freelance platforms, but paying ridiculously is wickedness.

I swear bro! we don suffer. A guy even said he would pay me #960 for 1000 words. it's crazy. intellectual fraudsters out there.

1 Like

Re: Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness by generalpelu(m): 2:31pm On Feb 18, 2021
Fab21:

I swear bro! we don suffer. A guy even said he would pay me #960 for 1000 words. it's crazy. intellectual fraudsters out there.

I wanted to haha this comment
Re: Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness by Fab21: 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
generalpelu:

I wanted to haha this comment

Really! ha! You guys can drain someone and at the same time , you'll be expecting perfect job with this low pay. It's well ooo
Re: Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness by meobizy(f): 9:19am On Feb 19, 2021
I wish someone could pay me for posting comments. I won’t mind collecting 50 kobo per opinion.
Re: Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness by Annwrites: 10:15am On Feb 19, 2021
Writers are the cause of their problems.

If we all stop taking jobs at that ridiculous rate, those outsourcing jobs will be forced to increase the rate.

How can one research, write, proofread, and edit a content job all the while ensuring it is SEO optimized, with relevant pictures, and 100 percent unplagiarized only to take 1 Naira per word.

If they can't pay a good rate, let them do the job themselves.

1 Like

Re: Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness by Monben: 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
Please, what is the proper rate a writer should charge?

Annwrites:
Writers are the cause of their problems.

If we all stop taking jobs at that ridiculous rate, those outsourcing jobs will be forced to increase the rate.

How can one research, write, proofread, and edit a content job all the while ensuring it is SEO optimized, with relevant pictures, and 100 percent plagiarized only to take 1 Naira per word.

If they can't pay a good rate, let them do the job themselves.
Re: Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness by Annwrites: 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2021
Monben:
Please, what is the proper rate a writer should charge?

At present time, I don't expect any writer to take less than 3 Naira per word. And that should be the basic rate.

1 Like

Re: Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness by generalpelu(m): 2:17pm On Feb 20, 2021
Annwrites:

At present time, I don't expect any writer to take less than 3 Naira per word. And that should be the basic rate.

We hope o. I'm presently working at less than ₦2, still fair though compared to ridiculous ₦1.
Re: Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness by Annwrites: 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2021
generalpelu:

We hope o. I'm presently working at less than ₦2, still fair though compared to ridiculous ₦1.

While you write, try to make efforts to get better-paying clients.

I learned too late that you can't make enough money by taking more writing jobs. You make your money instead from more pay and less work.
Ciao.

1 Like

Re: Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness by generalpelu(m): 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2021
Annwrites:

While you write, try to make efforts to get better-paying clients.

I learned too late that you can't make enough more taking more writing jobs. You make your money instead from more pay and less work.
Ciao.

Yes, thanks.

I know this.

I'm maintaining my deal with my present employer. But anyone I get that can't pay at least ₦2/word, I don't accept.
Re: Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness by Annwrites: 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2021
generalpelu:

Yes, thanks.

I know this.

I'm maintaining my deal with my present employer. But anyone I get that can't pay at least ₦2/word, I don't accept.

Alright. Best wishes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Need To Hire A Great Writer? / The Firstbloods 2 (blast From The Past) / I Need A Writer On Freelancer.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.