Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders (18972 Views)

FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas / FG Orders Cancellation Of ₦20 National Identification Number Retrieval Charge / Airtel Sim Swap Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Bmaster(m): 8:14pm On Feb 19, 2021
englishmart:
I went to a glo office somewhere in Abuja, I told them I lost my phone and needed a sim retrieval. He told me about NCC directives and all that. I waited until nobody was in sight, I squeezed into his hand $100 2 notes. when he saw it he was befuddled. What? He exclaimed, bring your sim pack. You have your most called 5 numbers and national ID card?
I handed Everything to him and disappeared like a king. Moral of the story. With money, everything works.
and you believe us to believe you

1 Like

Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Raresprinkles(f): 8:17pm On Feb 19, 2021
I retrieve my line today Sha, but the truth is that the NIN verification network won't connect once it is 8am. I retrieved my line today because I was at MTN center as early as 5am and one of the MTN officials was already there, the network was going smoothly until 8am and he started complaining that there is no more network, because other organizations have started logging in, you know of course we tipped the Official ooo.

1 Like

Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by gbemishile: 8:18pm On Feb 19, 2021
oseiwe:

Where and when? I've tried throughout the week, no network.
depends on where u stay.
I did mine at ikorodu the very week I heard that NCC has lifted the embargo.that was around January
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by oseiwe(m): 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2021
gbemishile:

depends on where u stay.
I did mine at ikorodu the very week I heard that NCC has lifted the embargo.that was around January
I've been trying at MTN Allen office. Did you do fingerprint verification? That's why they claim no network to verify.
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Ayostically: 8:23pm On Feb 19, 2021
Emdee590:
The truth is that Simswap is not easy to come by now owing to the fact that a directive was given by NCC

When, actually, is the deadline for the linking of NIN to SIM.

Someone please tell me, is it really necessary to suspend SIM registration/retrival for the sake of NIN linking
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by gbemishile: 8:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad Nothing ever work in this country.NiN we suppose go do in cafe nah wahala.I lost my phone this Jan.Glo dey ask for NIN for welcome back sad sad
hope say no be roadside u buy the sim,cus after NIN,Dem go tell u say na roadside u buy sim,say the registration no complete.dem go tell u say Dem go need re-register u again,but unfortunately,Dem no fit cus NCC never tell Dem to start registering sim
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by okooloyun1(m): 8:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
It's exactly two weeks that my phone was stolen, since then I have been going to mtn office. They claimed there is no NIN network for over a month.
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by ipobarethieves: 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2021
gbemishile:

hope say no be roadside u buy the sim,cus after NIN,Dem go tell u say na roadside u buy sim,say the registration no complete.dem go tell u say Dem go need re-register u again,but unfortunately,Dem no fit cus NCC never tell Dem to start registering sim
nah Ogun go kill them join.I knw how many times registered for MTN that year..I Neva do the NIN.I can't go inhale armpit odour
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by gbemishile: 8:30pm On Feb 19, 2021
oseiwe:

I've been trying at MTN Allen office. Did you do fingerprint verification? That's why they claim no network to verify.
yes.
when u get in,they will first request for ur NIN which will be linked to your sim.thats where u do the fingerprint.then they direct u to the section for sim replacement.

1 Like

Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by emmancipated(m): 8:30pm On Feb 19, 2021
gbemishile:

This is almost the same thing I am passing through at the moment with 9Mobile. They said my mother's maiden was not captured and for that I'll need to re-register the SIM which has not commenced and God knows when it will. Maybe after the SIM has been blocked or something.
This country is a joke.
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by gbemishile: 8:35pm On Feb 19, 2021
emmancipated:

This is almost the same thing I am passing through at the moment with 9Mobile. They said my mother's maiden was not captured and for that I'll need to re-register the SIM which has not commenced and God knows when it will. Maybe after the SIM has been blocked or something.
This country is a joke.
when I asked them what will now happen if NCC decided to block my line,the idiots told me even if NCC block it,they will do unblocking for me.
they know their ways around these things but would rather stress the life out of their customers.naija just get as e be
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by gbemishile: 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2021
emmancipated:

This country is a joke.
only God knows when that will be o.if not that Glo has the cheapest data plan,na wetin wan carry me reach their side
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Dennis1987(m): 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2021
maureensylvia:

Please who knows how I can reach out to 9mobile customer agent directly on call

dial 200 & follow prompt replies

1 Like

Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by sonsomegrigbo: 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2021
May God bless you for creating this thread.

I went for the swap two weeks ago here in Ilorin, I was told by one of the staff to come back the following day.

On getting there, I duly observed Covid-19 protocols and when it was my turn, I was told that my line was an old line (registered in 2011 or thereabout) and could not be swapped for now.

So I called their customer service today Friday and one Emmanuel Kadri spoke with me and assured me there is no issue with my line 080232###### and that I should just go to the center and carry out the swap.

On getting there, I was told that no swap has been successfully done since the NCC lifted the embargo. I called the customer care again as advised by Emmanuel Kadri to update them about my bad experience.

A lady picked up the call and started telling me strange things.

She said and I quote 'WE DON'T DO SIM SWAP HERE AND WE DON'T HANDLE ANY ISSUES ARISING FROM SUCH'

I requested to be transfered to Emmanuel Kadiri but turn me down that that could not be possible.

In fact I have never been so embarrassed.

I just left the place and headed to my bank for a change of my BVN number.

1 Like

Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by maureensylvia(f): 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2021
Dennis1987:

dial 200 & follow prompt replies

Thanks so much
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by reuben81: 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2021
my prayer is let no one lose his phone, this period in fact the way am guiding my phone no be here
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by DesChyko: 9:11pm On Feb 19, 2021
Do you know that MTN Ghana has a fully functional sim update website? Nigeria cast abeg. If you don't make a physical appearance to resolve SIM issues, forget it.

[url=simregistrationupdate.mtn.com.gh]See for yourself[/url]
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by chibjohn(m): 9:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
gbemishile:

depends on where u stay.
This same ikorodu I have been going to for that last two weeks but hasn't been successful.
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by WibusJaga: 9:15pm On Feb 19, 2021
englishmart:
I went to a glo office somewhere in Abuja, I told them I lost my phone and needed a sim retrieval. He told me about NCC directives and all that. I waited until nobody was in sight, I squeezed into his hand $100 2 notes. when he saw it he was befuddled. What? He exclaimed, bring your sim pack. You have your most called 5 numbers and national ID card?
I handed Everything to him and disappeared like a king. Moral of the story. With money, everything works.

Collect your cap...

2 Likes

Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by netmillionaires(m): 9:16pm On Feb 19, 2021
That is the height of their stupidity. I lost my 9mobile line because of this same question. Must one always make call with the line? Can't one use the line for browsing only or with little call time?

iamoyindamola:
You see that 5 recently called numbers na thunder go fire them for asking such werey question
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2021
wagazala:
NCC has put a hold on sim activation for all Telcos. This means you probably wont be able to get your new sim to work. The guys upstairs (NCC) havent got a clue of the implication of their policy. Our prayer now is that the sim card and phone belonging to someone close to the NCC's bosses get stolen or lost so that they can lift the ban.

Professor Dambatta and the Minister - Patanmi are both Northerners. They are also working under a Fulani President. It is very difficult to convince them to allow logic and reasoning to work. That is why I am against Tinubu Presidency and on the side of Yoruba World Congress.

Dear All, there is a problem on ground caused by NIN registration. My phone with MTN line was stolen on Monday morning. 99% of my friends and associates including those on this forum only know my MTN line. I have visited four MTN offices for line retrieval without any success. I met those on line retrieval for two weeks without any success. I have wasted 5 days at MTN offices.

I have no problem with NIN. I have registered NIN on that stolen line since December having received my NIN since 2015.

No bank alert, no business communication, no airtime purchase from banks. All other platforms where I used MTN line is now not useable. On business platforms, to change your phone number, the old line must be active and confirmed by sending verification codes to it.

Anybody with MTN line as primary line on CV, profile and any platform should protect their phone at all cost. It is now easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a lost SIM card to be retrieved from MTN.

It is a now a wisdom to use MTN line as an alternative or secondary line in any official documentation. The future of MTN lines is very bleak as far as Nigeria is concerned.

3 Likes

Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by enimcnite(m): 9:18pm On Feb 19, 2021
I can so relate
Took me 3 weeks of going in circles to all MTN centers before I finally struck gold at Iju Ishaga branch @ 7:30 pm
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Zealoy(m): 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
I paid #7k for NIN, after the stress I was able to be captured in two days, then I paid the MTN guy #4k just to help me runs my welcome back making it total of #11k plus the stress and it took total of 3 to 4weeks to be able to finally retrieve my Sim back
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Bedesipop(m): 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
maureensylvia:

Please who knows how I can reach out to 9mobile customer agent directly on call

try calling this nos:.

1 Like

Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by preyeamaorutobi(m): 9:23pm On Feb 19, 2021
You r very right
Mcslize:

Exactly. Person can't die cuz of SIM card or phone. That's why I jejely gave the mad man the phone when he pointed a double barrel piston at me.

Now I have bought a new phone more expensive than the one they stole.

Dragging with those people can send one to the grave. Those are things we can buy later on. They are not worth losing one's life. Only the living can acquire luxury of life. Life is precious! As far we are alive, we will acquire enough of whatever we lost or got stolen by others.
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 19, 2021
Zealoy:
I paid #7k for NIN, after the stress I was able to be captured in two days, then I paid the MTN guy #4k just to help me runs my welcome back making it total of #11k plus the stress and it took total of 3 to 4weeks to be able to finally retrieve my Sim back

Please, I have spent almost 20K going from Ogun State to Lagos Mainland and Island MTN offices without success.

Can you please help ?
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Nwaelohim: 9:26pm On Feb 19, 2021
oladele239:
Good morning fellow nairalanders. My phone got stolen two weeks ago and I have on it my MTN sim together with 9MOBIle.

Retrieving the lines has been an herculean task as i have been going to their centre for several days without any headway.

Please guys what is happening ? My sim is very vital to me especially to run accounts as I only do ussd on two of my accounts.

What's your experience like..................................... Honestly Nigeria is fast becoming something else!!!!!

I'm furious and angered ................ Just to retrieve sim is now like climbing Mount Everest

I'd be glad if this makes front page so relevant authorities can act on our plights

Stop making noise on social media.
Good the police get a report to save from self from going to prison in the case your sim is used for crime, take the police report to court get a n affidavit requesting for sim replacement and ensure you have NIN. Take the signed affidavit to your network provider and you get your sim back.
Don't be a lazy youth. NIGERIA is not business as usual

1 Like

Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by chibjohn(m): 9:26pm On Feb 19, 2021
I am facing almost the same issue. Got a new phone that uses and esim and/or nano sim. I have two active lines and need them to be active on one phone as I hate carrying two phones around. I just need MTN to upgrade my line to esim and that hasn't been possible for two weeks now. The story has always been no network on NIN portal for verification as they are directed by NCC to verify everybody's identity on NIN portal before effecting any change whatsoever on any line. The last time I went there, my car was bashed by an okada man while going back home and I am presently fighting with my insurance company to fix it.

I don't think the mobile networks are to be blamed. NCC is wholely to be blamed as they gave a directive when their system isn't ready to support it. It's still the Nigerian government inefficiency issues. They will just wake up one day with a law to suffer the masses.
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Zealoy(m): 9:28pm On Feb 19, 2021
babaolofin:

Please, I have spent almost 20K going from Ogun State to Lagos Mainland and Island MTN offices without success.

Can you please help ?
yes I can
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by samwillyco1(m): 9:35pm On Feb 19, 2021
Mine is that I have even stopped going to their office because of my lost Sim.
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Makebitcoin: 9:36pm On Feb 19, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 19, 2021
Nwaelohim:

Stop making noise on social media.
Good the police get a report to save from self from going to prison in the case your sim is used for crime, take the police report to court get a n affidavit requesting for sim replacement and ensure you have NIN. Take the signed affidavit to your network provider and you get your sim back.
Don't be a lazy youth. NIGERIA is not business as usual

You are the one making foolish noise and a lazy person for failing to read from comments from different people on this topic. MTN said no network to NIN database and you are talking nonsense.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy / Hw 2 Suscribe For 25MB & 50MB Day Plan Wit Just #150 & #200 On MTN.. / 'Galaxy Gear' Watch-like Phone By Samsung To Be Introduced Next Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.