Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months (27824 Views)

Pink Alien Found On Mars Rover Camera (Video & Pictures) / Rare Shiny Clouds Spotted On Mars (Pictures) / China's Mission To Mars 2021: Unveils Spacecraft, Vehicles And Mock Base (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by francdec4(m): 11:41am On Feb 19, 2021
Your last sentence made me think deeply. Well I think it wasn't a mistake after all that we are here in this part of mother earth. May be it's our destiny to build here to a higher height than them. So let's get to work.

Khayceeofficial:
Watching their jubilations on CNN made me wonder how backward this nation is...

We are still struggling to provide electricity while they can already send a robot to go examine a different planet and observe it's parole here on earth... Without any visual

Nna eh, I go ask questions when I die

2 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Pelecius: 11:41am On Feb 19, 2021
martinogeenz:
God self would be surprised by oyibo technology
Shows the limit of some folks' reasoning.
If God is who he is Claire to be, how will he be surprised?
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Awoleesu(m): 11:43am On Feb 19, 2021
Farki:
This Mars has really suffered at our hands undecided

The next thing I want to see on Mars is people and not robots.

There are certain elements beyond the atmosphere that support life for humans.

Man, who is arguably the last to evolve or be created of all animates, depends on the ready existence of such things as water, vegetation and even other animal life before he can be assured of his own survival.

The attendant challenge I see mitigating your 'hope' is the apparent absence of these life supporting elements for humans on Mars!
But, with due credit to Space Scientists and Technologists so far, I think creating an "artificial life" on Mars would be the next exploits...
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by EdoBoyJazzie: 11:43am On Feb 19, 2021
Wow! Has it come across aliens?
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by lexy2014: 11:44am On Feb 19, 2021
EmeraldKing7:
I watched it's landing on BBC and and that mumu CNN
Meeehn see the way the scientists and engineers jubilated when the rover landed on Mars

Funny thing is that the rover landed 11 minutes before we saw it in real time grin

One small step for a robot
A huge step for mankind
I have a story to tell my grandkids

Abi na ur grandkids go tell u story
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by YorubaPrince: 11:47am On Feb 19, 2021
EmeraldKing7:
I watched it's landing on BBC and and that mumu CNN
Meeehn see the way the scientists and engineers jubilated when the rover landed on Mars

Funny thing is that the rover landed 11 minutes before we saw it in real time grin

One small step for a robot
A huge step for mankind
I have a story to tell my grandkids

Foolish Trumptard calling CNN mumu yet, you wan tell ur grand kids abt a scientific feat ur mentor Trump doesn't believe in. angry Stupid Okoro Savage

1 Like

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by josh123(m): 11:50am On Feb 19, 2021
just thinking outloud if it eventually becomes possible for NASA to send people to mars, what happens to them during rapture or when the world ends

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by YorubaPrince: 11:51am On Feb 19, 2021
obonujoker:
Lol... But someone on this site said it's impossible for a space ship to leave the Earth due to some magnetic fiery force fields encircling the Earth's dome??

However, does going to Mars stop humans from dying?

How does ur question correlate with ur argument?

1 Like

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by BigYash: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2021
NewDelhi:

But here we jubilate when electricity is restored after a blackout.
Up NEPA grin
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Liposure: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2021
Farki:
This Mars has really suffered at our hands undecided

The next thing I want to see on Mars is people and not robots.
mars is cold and unhabitable
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by APOSTLECHUMA: 11:54am On Feb 19, 2021
DropsMic:
If we blacks are humans then Caucasians are aliens.. we are not the same. All that we are today — and all that we ever hope to be — we owe to the white man... Even the Gods we serve is not our creation
smh.
Disgraceful race
AFRICANS ARE THE DESCENDANTS OF HAM (THE SON OF NOAH) WHO WAS CURSED BECAUSE HE SAW HIS FATHER'S unclothedness AND LAUGHED OVER IT INSTEAD OF COVERING HIM. NO CURSE IS HOWEVER UPON ANY BLACK MAN OR WOMAN WHO IS IN CHRIST. THE BACKWARDNESS OF THE BLACK RACE AND THE POVERTY ETC ARE ALL BECAUSE OF THAT AS NOAH SAID THAT HE WILL BE A SERVANT TO THE REST OF HIS BRETHEN. IF YOU READ THAT PLACE UP IN BIBLE, IT WIL MAKE U TO WEEP BUT WIL HELP U TO UNDERSTAND WHY THE BLACK RACE IS A BACK WARD RACE. READ GENESIS 9 : 18-25

3 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:56am On Feb 19, 2021
Yinmu
If there was a way to leave the earth,
Why do they want so many people dead?
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by SeriouslySense(m): 11:56am On Feb 19, 2021
We need to Encourage Science research, education and to get children and youths involved.
I am sure we can invent and innovate, we should need to set our priorities right.

extol1:

any achievement from the western world, they will be ranting and shouting white self, as if black man are cursed not to make discovery and invention for the betterment of the world at large. it always pain me to marrow that the only Africa discovery is how to embezzle and milk each other dry. at times, I always ask God why did he drop me in Africa. Africa hate anything called progress and development, in fact Africans are very wicked, terrible and horrible. I can go on and on
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Xmuslim: 11:56am On Feb 19, 2021
All hail scientists. How will Muslims now pray on the Mars when human migrate? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by uuzba(m): 11:57am On Feb 19, 2021
Khayceeofficial:
Watching their jubilations on CNN made me wonder how backward this nation is...

We are still struggling to provide electricity while they can already send a robot to go examine a different planet and observe it's parole here on earth... Without any visual

Nna eh, I go ask questions when I die
It's better to pack and leave Nigeria.
OR
all the youth form political party, contest, win, and push out ALL the old people from EVERYTHING.
Then all the youth take over, Government, Police, Army, Navy, Air force, NNPC. The complete running of the whole country
Then we set down our goals for the nation and make it a technological one.
-
America was technical from the start. They always put the right people in the right places. Remember, they landed there about 400 years ago with only wooden ships and some guns..
Today, those same guys have used the resources of the land to make iPhone, internet, electric cars, refineries and space rockets. Just by continuous application of technology..

2 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by BigDawsNet: 11:58am On Feb 19, 2021
#Spaceforce #Nasa #USForce #US #Mars
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by BigDawsNet: 11:58am On Feb 19, 2021
#Spaceforce #Nasa #USForce #US #Mars #Perseverance #2021Mission
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Liposure: 11:59am On Feb 19, 2021
femi4:
That's Nonsense
Is there any force field that scientist can't neutralise these days.

It was once said that nothing could fly cos of acceleration due to gravity 'g', but now we have aircrafts everywhere in the sky
why is there an eleven minute time delay btw both planets
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by mike404(m): 12:01pm On Feb 19, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Time heals every pain, Rome wasn't built in a day, Nigeria will surely get there.....
SHAME NOR DEY CATCH YOU MANNABBQGRILL embarassed
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:01pm On Feb 19, 2021
APOSTLECHUMA:
AFRICANS ARE THE DESCENDANTS OF HAM (THE SON OF NOAH) WHO WAS CURSED BECAUSE HE SAW HIS FATHER'S unclothedness AND LAUGHED OVER IT INSTEAD OF COVERING HIM. NO CURSE IS HOWEVER UPON ANY BLACK MAN OR WOMAN WHO IS IN CHRIST. THE BACKWARDNESS OF THE BLACK RACE AND THE POVERTY ETC ARE ALL BECAUSE OF THAT AS NOAH SAID THAT HE WILL BE A SERVANT TO THE REST OF HIS BRETHEN. IF YOU READ THAT PLACE UP IN BIBLE, IT WIL MAKE U TO WEEP BUT WIL HELP U TO UNDERSTAND WHY THE BLACK RACE IS A BACK WARD RACE. READ GENESIS 9 : 18-25

And who told you that?
Let me guess the same people that created your country and won't let you go?
The Pharaoh's of the world?

I can bet you are a one Nigeria chanter, no sense

1 Like

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by uuzba(m): 12:02pm On Feb 19, 2021
APOSTLECHUMA:

Guy sorry, you are an idiot.
What is my business with Ham?
Why should I be carrying another person's curse on my head? I should not be responsible for my own life and decisions again?

Continue deceiving yourself, looking for one ancestor to blame for your laziness
Be writing in FULL CAPS there as if you have any authority.
Nonsense.

7 Likes

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Fiyin007: 12:06pm On Feb 19, 2021
Liposure:
why is there an eleven minute time delay btw both planets
Because minimum distance is 54.6 million kilometres
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by uuzba(m): 12:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
josh123:
just thinking outloud if it eventually becomes possible for NASA to send people to mars, what happens to them during rapture or when the world ends
You think it's only this earth that will end?
The universe will end also
Didn't the Bible say, that you will see stars falling from the sky?
Abi you didn't read that part?
All the planets and galaxies will jam each other and explode. NOWHERE for ANYBODY to run to.
A TOTAL END of EVERYTHING you have ever seen and known

1 Like

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by iamuye(m): 12:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
josh123:

It will eventually become possible and No one is ending the world
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by xjiggy: 12:11pm On Feb 19, 2021
CGI.... Landed Man on the moon in the 60's when there was little or no technology. Can't go back today with all the technology yet they are telling us About Mars.

1 Like

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by Liposure: 12:11pm On Feb 19, 2021
Fiyin007:
Because minimum distance is 54.6 million kilometres
okay. Thanks
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by iamuye(m): 12:11pm On Feb 19, 2021
[s]
uuzba:

You think it's only this earth that will end?
The universe will end also
Didn't the Bible say, that you will see stars falling from the sky?
Abi you didn't read that part?
All the planets and galaxies will jam each other and explode. NOWHERE for ANYBODY to run to.
A TOTAL END of EVERYTHING you have ever seen and known

[/s]
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by blackinitiative: 12:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
DropsMic:
If we blacks are humans then Caucasians are aliens.. we are not the same. All that we are today — and all that we ever hope to be — we owe to the white man... Even the Gods we serve is not our creation
smh.
Disgraceful race
Wow! Blacks are a disgraceful race to you.
Necessity is the Mother of invention,we may be considered a backward bunch of people when the whites first came into contact with us but we where able to satisfy our current needs,at that time we had not learnt to question nature which the whites had learnt to do,which essentially explains why they had people who where philosophers,some who dedicated there life to science.
But remember that for over 400years the most useful part of the black population was sold as slaves to White men. So tell me what is left of a continent where most young minds were slaves in the white mans land,young people are the strength of any country,they are the active ones,the ones who could seek for answers to our problems.
Then when they felt they did not need us as slaves any longer they allowed us to go,but they gave us something anyways,the bible, probably as a way to prevent a Black Retribution.
Then we have somehow learnt to erase such a dark part of our history.
But we need to remember,that the same way we condemn our continent and abuse our forefathers for failing to do what we consider to be the right thing today,in years to come our generations will probably do the same to us,If we dont start to do the right thing for the country,if we dont seek to become intolerant of bad leadership,of mass poverty ,of corruption but most importantly we have to stop looking unto God for our Countries problem.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by uuzba(m): 12:17pm On Feb 19, 2021
iamuye:

[s]
[/s]
Cancel from today to next year
The truth is the truth.
I am not quoting myself.
This is direct from the Bible
Re: NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months by BLoomfrancs(m): 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
A wise man once said that the black race is a race of imbeciles. Don't be surprised very soon you will hear that people are relocating to the mass to live there. Afforestation of the right kind of vegetation that will make it possible for humans to breathe oxygen will soon be started. And a study to increase the Mar's gravitational pull will also be started. Oyinbo I hail oo. Meanwhile we are still battling herdsmen. Africa my Africa! embarassed embarassed tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Buy Your Dead (scrap) Laptops Here In Lagos / 5 Biggest Technology Myths / Man Constructs Local Car With Condemned Parts He Picked From Trash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.