Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin (36906 Views)

Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis / Private School Teachers Are Currently Benefiting From The Closure Of Schools. / Coronavirus: Enugu Govt Directs Closure Of Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by oloyedewaris(m): 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2021
Abeyjide:

it was long time ago the government took over these schools , all the schools made mentioned already have their dress code since government took over ,why are they all coming out now trying to
disturb the existing peace in those schools and society at large?
Okay
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by AmDayo: 8:59pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:
I see no reason why Muslim students should be denied their constitutional rights.

Moreover, these schools are government schools (though bearing Christian names). All Muslim students, in particular, female students should be allowed to dress in Hijab since these schools are for the public.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by sammybj(m): 9:34pm On Feb 19, 2021
Moblux:
The war has been on for a long time. I think the issue should be handled with care to avoid a riot. It is not a must for Abdul to attend C&S College now.

These schools were built by Christian community which government is not renovating and the Christians still contribute money to maintain their "legacy". What was the compensation paid when the schools were forcefully taken over?

The point is that it got so bad in Kwara that Christian boys and girls were not getting admitted to some of these schools in the early 90's. That was why C&S Laduba, Emmanuel College Tanke, Chapel, ESS Ganmo etc came up as private/ mission schools.

Modified

The issue could be beyond just hijab. I know there was time last year that some folks muted idea of building a mosque inside Bishop Smith College. The question is, can they allow a chapel at college of Arabic, Ilorin being funded with government money?

No school was forcefully collected Sis
There must be an agreement

Let us be guided
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by BBright1: 10:01pm On Feb 19, 2021
Hijab is to cover head same as Barrett
They should wear Barrett instead of hijab
Hijab is not part of the school uniform
When they get to tertiary institutions they can do as they please.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by cryptotech: 10:09pm On Feb 19, 2021
kwara should face the poverty, ignorance, illiteracy and disease affecting them, than fighting over Arabian culture.. stupid people, religion extremist..what happen to using Barret, there are many ways the female can cover their hair...these fools will never have sense.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by cryptotech: 10:15pm On Feb 19, 2021
BBright1:
Hijab is to cover head same as Barrett
They should wear Barrett instead of hijab
Hijab is not part of the school uniform
When they get to tertiary institutions they can do as they please.

You are right, don't mind them, they are foolish people, religion extremist..in South west, their student wear Barret...hijab is Arabian culture to protect them from there desert winds, dust and sand..this is a tropical region, kwara should face their ignorant, illiteracy, poverty and disease affecting them rather than fighting over hijab, mind your these same hypocrite where the only one in Nigeria that went to loot ShopRite in ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by RALPHOW(m): 10:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
This is one of the stupid problems caused by Aregbesola in Osun State.
Why are some people just like to cause trouble , where there is none.
Schools have there dress codes and everybody must abide, all Christians in Muslim schools in the North wear Hijab because it's school dress code.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by vannessa7(f): 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2021
Coronabirus:
Yoruba Land will hardly see peaceful coexistence untill they stop listening to the extremist, intolerant Christian bigots among themselves or neighbouring intolerant Christians who always see Hijab as a way of Islamising their territory; I very well know it pained the bigots among them to see Muslims enjoy their religious right in their own land.
Many Muslims are facing serious persecution from this same matter but the bigots remain adamant abt their rights. Islam is a modest religion and it's the right of Muslims to cover their body because if we were to expose our nudes the supreme God would have created us to live naked like animals; one of the infinite mercy of God on humans is by creating us beautifully perfect, ability to cover our nudes and being an intelligent animals otherwise we would've never look different from beast.
The way Christians uphold nudity and immorality just to deviate or look different from Muslims is giving them very bad impression, when in your scripture modesty is strictly uphold.
There was Islam in Yoruba Land centuries before whites imposed their religion on you, so why should you persecute them.
Those schools, market & advertise for admission and those people got admitted but now they're denying them right which is enshrined in FRN's constitution; the schools should've made it clear in their rules and regulations that Muslims are not admitted, period!
If Christians like they should keep living nude like animals and allow Muslims uphold their religious right.

Can you imagine the holy Mary they pray to without hijab?, They have so deviated from the way of God all because of grace, even holy Mary will reject some of them because they look nothing like her, they expect God will be happy with their half naked dressing, it's so bad they can't even tolerate a person that dress to cover up just like their own mother Mary, as if some students wearing hijab to school will stop the teachers from eating. They claim to follow Jesus but will never behave like him, will Jesus take this kind of stand against Muslim, why can't they even think perhaps if they allow Muslims they may be converted to christianity, very unlike Jesus deceiving themselves, Jesus is waiting to tell them he doesn't know them

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by vannessa7(f): 10:39pm On Feb 19, 2021
Hijab is not only to cover hair but every part of a woman's body especially the chest area, it is not an Arabic culture but God explicitly Instructed every female to cover up using a clothe that will cover the bossom and only to expose the hands and face, and it has lots of blessings attached to it as experienced by those of us wearing it, it's been discovered that women becomes more confident and happy as soon as they start wearing hijab

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by AmDayo: 10:44pm On Feb 19, 2021
vannessa7:

Can you imagine the holy Mary they pray to without hijab?, They have so deviated from the way of God all because of grace, even holy Mary will reject some of them because they look nothing like her, they expect God will be happy with their half naked dressing, it's so bad they can't even tolerate a person that dress to cover up just like their own mother Mary, as if some students wearing hijab to school will stop the teachers from eating. They claim to follow Jesus but will never behave like him, will Jesus take this kind of stand against Muslim, why can't they even think perhaps if they allow Muslims they may be converted to christianity, very unlike Jesus deceiving themselves, Jesus is waiting to tell them he doesn't know them

You are a fuuu you pedophile jihadist. If jihad system is used in Nigeria will you have gut to seek for justice against your supreme leader,you dolt.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by tinu9990(m): 10:51pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:
I see no reason why Muslim students should be denied their constitutional rights.

Moreover, these schools are government schools (though bearing Christian names). All Muslim students, in particular, female students should be allowed to dress in Hijab since these schools are for the public.
mr man or who you are, go and re- read your post do you see anything that make sense in it, those schools was build with offering and tether you always complain about. shame on islam, I will rather die and go to hell fire than being call a Muslim

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by shegzy23: 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:

. what is this one saying,can you allow Christian to do the same in your school? foolish peoples

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Lamasta(m): 12:02am On Feb 20, 2021
They should go to hijab wearing schools now and stop causing unnecessary tension in the state
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Nobody: 1:16am On Feb 20, 2021
Coronabirus:
Yoruba Land will hardly see peaceful coexistence untill they stop listening to the extremist, intolerant Christian bigots among themselves or neighbouring intolerant Christians who always see Hijab as a way of Islamising their territory; I very well know it pained the bigots among them to see Muslims enjoy their religious right in their own land.
Many Muslims are facing serious persecution from this same matter but the bigots remain adamant abt their rights. Islam is a modest religion and it's the right of Muslims to cover their body because if we were to expose our nudes the supreme God would have created us to live naked like animals; one of the infinite mercy of God on humans is by creating us beautifully perfect, ability to cover our nudes and being an intelligent animals otherwise we would've never look different from beast.
The way Christians uphold nudity and immorality just to deviate or look different from Muslims is giving them very bad impression, when in your scripture modesty is strictly uphold.
There was Islam in Yoruba Land centuries before whites imposed their religion on you, so why should you persecute them.
Those schools, market & advertise for admission and those people got admitted but now they're denying them right which is enshrined in FRN's constitution; the schools should've made it clear in their rules and regulations that Muslims are not admitted, period!
If Christians like they should keep living nude like animals and allow Muslims uphold their religious right.
Dustbin dey ur brain

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by jamiusegun(m): 2:36am On Feb 20, 2021
tim1256:
Islam is the problem of this country
musquito brain is affecting you.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by victme1(m): 3:42am On Feb 20, 2021
ALL THIS THIRST AND HUNGER FIR BLOOD FOR WAR! RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCES EHEN!!!!!

LET ME CHIP IN THIS

All RELIGIONS HAS different God's! But one Satan!
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by WINDSOW(m): 3:47am On Feb 20, 2021
Empiree:
Guy, govt has responsibilities to oversees school activities whether private or public schools. Whether religious school or not. Why is hijab and religion always issues in Nigeria?. Muslims attend St this and St that in any schools in Western world with their hijab on. Why the intolerance?.

And just because it is named "St.- saint" doesn't mean it is religious school. It could also be in honor of religious figures.
You are partial. Ordinary to comment on Muslim forum, one ll swear an oath. Can a muslim school admit a Christian? If they do, can they allow him conduct fellowship. I have ran away from u guys since I downloaded the English version of your quran. You people are terrible!!!

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Empiree: 4:21am On Feb 20, 2021
WINDSOW:
You are partial. Ordinary to comment on Muslim forum, one ll swear an oath. Can a muslim school admit a Christian? If they do, can they allow him conduct fellowship. I have ran away from u guys since I downloaded the English version of your quran. You people are terrible!!!
This will help you a lot.

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by AntiChristian: 7:04am On Feb 20, 2021
shadeyinka:

How did the government give their schools Christian names?

Christians cannot get admission into Christian founded schools because of people who are fighting jihad over what doesn't belong to them. Christian teachers are posted into the bush while Muslims teach in Christian schools. Muslim school in Ilorin don't teach CRS. Christians cannot build chapels in Muslim schools.

Awon Omo a'setani!
Oni'ja ebi!

Cc:
AntiChristian

See the example of best Muslim behaviour. Aren't they practicing pure Islam?

Any school that is being financed by the government is not a religious school. And in these schools Muslims are to be allowed to use the hijab. I still don't know how the hijab affects you Christians.

The name of the school doesn't matter. What matters is the ownership. If it's government owned then it's for all and Hijab must be accepted.

No sensible Muslim would take his wards to a Christian private school. But as i said earlier government controlled schools are for all.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by AntiChristian: 7:04am On Feb 20, 2021
shadeyinka:

How did the government give their schools Christian names?

Christians cannot get admission into Christian founded schools because of people who are fighting jihad over what doesn't belong to them. Christian teachers are posted into the bush while Muslims teach in Christian schools. Muslim school in Ilorin don't teach CRS. Christians cannot build chapels in Muslim schools.

Awon Omo a'setani!
Oni'ja ebi!

Cc:
AntiChristian

See the example of best Muslim behaviour. Aren't they practicing pure Islam?

Any school that is being financed by the government is not a religious school. And in these schools Muslims are to be allowed to use the hijab. I still don't know how the hijab affects you Christians.

The name of the school doesn't matter. What matters is the ownership. If it's government owned then it's for all and Hijab must be accepted.

No sensible Muslim would take his wards to a Christian private school. But as i said earlier government controlled schools are for all regardless of the name.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Encyclopedia1: 7:06am On Feb 20, 2021
dvdwed:
Very senseless people, must Rukayat attend CAC college? Animals.

YOU WILL SHA KNOW WHEN A FOOL TALKS grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Ayilara1(m): 7:18am On Feb 20, 2021
Kingspin:

You claim to know what is right and wrong, that is a lie. The public school is St peter catholic school, how does that sound to you? Is not Nigerian national school. Go back to history and see if right or wrong these schools were government schools.

If you know right and wrong then after now no need for hijab debate.

Like i said i cannot take my ward to Islamic school because i don't want to cause problem.

And If Muslims truly want peace they know what to do but this act of invasion as always in anything they want must be put to an end.

You can open Mosques up and down why not schools?

Christianity and Islam are not joint venture unless in a case both agreed to work together. And in the case of hijab, the Church say No. And that ought to have been respected been that the Muslims have right to also say No.
Acknowledge there are differences and they must be tolerated and accepted by both sides, moving forward.

This is more simple then ABC.

Civilisation or backwardness, we should learn to accept and welcome things like culture, norms, rules the way they are especially if it is not within our jurisdiction. It does not belong to us but others.
Again, there is a saying "where your right stop, another man right start".

One love.
Whether st.john or st. Peter, it's government funded and must follow government guidelines. I don't care if private Christian school impose there own law but not public schools. I went to Christian secondary school(private) and I know how they fix activities even in time of jumah on Fridays. Nobody made comments.

Get it! There can't be 2 rights and we only take your culture when it brainy. In the name of accepting people's culture, will you give a man that comes from the side of the world where they give there children or wife to visitor one of your family(no insult intended) due to tolerance and culture acceptance?

Lastly, how does a wear affect the school? If not stack hatred. In went to a public Muslim secondary school for a term and no one forced a Christian lady to wear a hijab.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by shadeyinka(m): 7:29am On Feb 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

No sensible Muslim would take his wards to a Christian private school. But as i said earlier government controlled schools are for all regardless of the name.
Ija ebi.

We know you for wildness of character!
In the same state it is haram for Christians to study CRS in Muslim schools!
In the same state it is haram to build chapels in Muslim schools.

Perfect character of Muslims after their Prophet!
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Moblux(m): 7:50am On Feb 20, 2021
sammybj:

No school was forcefully collected Sis
There must be an agreement

Let us be guided

How old are you? I guess you are still a teenager or in your early twenties who belongs to the dysfunctional Nigerian Education class.

1. Ask your father if he is educated and does not rely on beer palour analysis the amount paid to the missions for the buildings, land, equipments etc

2. Ask why would government take over a St. Peter and not rename it Government Central School.

If your father is able to answer this correctly, then he should be in the same age range with me. I am a man not a "sis"
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Oladipo1166(m): 7:56am On Feb 20, 2021
Ayilara1:

Do you wear your church gown everywhere? Do Muslims wear there hijab everywhere? That should answer you dear!

When they say they won't greet you during your festive you say it's lack of tolerance. Now, they want to wear their own hijab that they wear everywhere to a government funded school you say No. You people are the hypocrite.

nah your Papa b hypocrite
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Ayilara1(m): 8:14am On Feb 20, 2021
cryptotech:

You are right, don't mind them, they are foolish people, religion extremist..in South west, their student wear Barret...hijab is Arabian culture to protect them from there desert winds, dust and sand..this is a tropical region, kwara should face their ignorant, illiteracy, poverty and disease affecting them rather than fighting over hijab, mind your these same hypocrite where the only one in Nigeria that went to loot ShopRite in ilorin.

Mo gbo Tuntun. Hijab arab arab culture?

Oga, it is not everything you hear online you go ahead and confidently start saying.

Arabs don't wear hijab before Islam. Thank you.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Ayilara1(m): 8:16am On Feb 20, 2021
Oladipo1166:

nah your Papa b hypocrite

��

See the religious boy aiming at my dad just because he cannot stand the test of an argument.

Oladipupo Pele o
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Moblux(m): 8:32am On Feb 20, 2021
Ayilara1:

Mo gbo Tuntun. Hijab arab arab culture?

Oga, it is not everything you hear online you go ahead and confidently start saying.

Arabs don't wear hijab before Islam. Thank you.

How sad to read this. You better read more history of pre-Islamic Arabia
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 20, 2021
AustineE1:
Why can't this Muslim students go to a Muslim or govt schools littered all over Kwara state,must you attend a Christian school.
Some people just like causing problem where there is non! Enough of this nonsense!!!Christian schools like most schools have rules and regulations guiding them and it is called 'dress code'. Should traditionalists dress in masquerade or native apparel to schools because of freedom of religion?
They are no longer Christian schools chairman... They are all Government schools now
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 20, 2021
Ayilara1:

��

See the religious boy aiming at my dad just because he cannot stand the test of an argument.

Oladipupo Pele o
Report him here.. They will block him to learn
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Ayilara1(m): 10:27am On Feb 20, 2021
Moblux:

How sad to read this. You better read more history of pre-Islamic Arabia

Be sad on your ignorance, who wrote those books? I laugh. Its like someone saying hijab wearing in the north is cultural. Yes, it has turned into culture but what gave birth to it is them embracing Islam.

Again, pre-islamic Arabs don't wear hijab.

I'm not a Muslim you can teach modicum of his religion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

JAMB Admission Status Out... Jamb.org.ng / DELSU Finds ‘exam Expo’ In Student’s Private Part / National Open University Headquarters In Abuja In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.