|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,640,242 members, 6,179,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 March 2021 at 07:23 AM
It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / Why Do Most Christians Fear & Respect Their "CLERGIES" More Than God Himself? / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by Janosky: 11:42pm On Feb 21|
Jones4190:Revelation 22:16.. Jesus Christ is a morning Star.
Job 38:1-7, the morning Stars and Sons of God rejoiced at Creation.
Job38:7 and Revelation 22:16, Isaiah 14:12,Bros, do you agree that Jesus is a creature like all sons of God?
Colossians 1:15, Jesus is the first born of every creature?
Romans 11:35-36, Job 11:7, what came through the Father?
Bros, Luke 1:31-33 (on earth) & Revelation 3:12,21 (in heaven), do you agree that angel Gabriel and Jesus himself disapprove your Trinitarian quote of Hebrews 1:8?
Is angel Gabriel and Jesus Christ lying?
Hebrews 1:8 is a direct quote of Psalms 45:6.
Every Jews knows Psalms 45:6..
The Hebrew Masoretic Text Psalms 45:6 is VERY DIFFERENT from your copy of Hebrews 1:8, Bros why ?
Psalms 45:6 in several Bibles...
NRSV margin"Your throne is a throne of God"
TEV"The kingdom that God has given you"
NJB"Your throne is from God"
JPSOA, RSV"Your divine throne"
REB"God has enthroned you"
NEB"Your throne is like God's throne"
(Compare 1Chronicles29:23. Revelation 3:12,21).
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by budaatum: 10:42am On Feb 22|
Person you responded to might have missed the fact that Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.
I wonder what he would say if you claim to be God's child.
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by NairalandSARS: 12:43pm On Feb 22|
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by Kingdomtruth: 1:29pm On Feb 22|
The one who creates you ,should naturally be greater than you in all areas. so, answering you directly; God the Father decides that.
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by NairalandSARS: 1:48pm On Feb 22|
Kingdomtruth:If the Father created the Son, how then can they be equals?
2 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by Kingdomtruth: 1:56pm On Feb 22|
And this is the essence of all these exchanges bro.I never said they were equal from the outset.I've maintained a steady line of thought that the Father is greater
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by wirinet(m): 5:13am On Feb 23|
Let me get theological a bit today.
First of all, Jesus at no time claimed he is God, this was a claim by some of his followers after his death. It was the council in nicea in 325AD that elevated Jesus to a diety. Even at that the nicean creed made a distinct difference between God Almighty and jesus the only begotten son of God.
Secondly, non of Jesus's disciples who knew him personally refered to him as God. They called him master or teacher, but never God.
Thirdly, the verse quoted was in third person's narrative. It was not written by Stephen himself, but by someone who claimed to hear Stephen and then told others, who eventually told the writer of Acts of the apostles who was then writing the story for Theophilus.
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by haddeylium(m): 6:58am On Feb 23|
The concept of Trinity is that the three God are coequal.
Your definition is different?
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by Kingdomtruth: 12:20pm On Feb 23|
They're actually equal in nature bro, being that one spirit(God the Father's spirit) is in all of them which also happens to be the source of their lives. However, by authority and power, all of them have their being in God the father. Tanx brodaman
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by sonmvayina(m): 9:11pm On Feb 23|
�� IS G-D 3-in-1? � �
1) Exod 20:2-3 "...NO OTHER gods..."
2) Num 23:19 "ELOH-M is NOT a man..."
3) Dt 4:12 "...saw NO form, ONLY heard a voice"
4) Dt 4:35 "...there is NO OTHER besides Him"
5) Dt 4:39 "...there is NO OTHER"
6) Dt 6:13-14 "...(do not swear by the name of Jesus/Yeshua/Yahusha)...
7) Dt 32:39 "...there is NO god with me..."
1 Sam 2:2 "...there is NONE besides You..."
9) 1 Sam 15:29 "...He is NOT a MAN..."
10) 1 Ki 8:27 "Would ELOH-M DWELL on the EARTH?..."
11) 1 Ki 8:60 "...there IS no one else"
12) 2 Ki 19:19 "...you are the L-RD ELOH-M, You ONLY"
13) Isa 40:18 "...(ELOH-M will not allow Himself a human likeness)..."
14) Isa 40:25 "...that I should be ANYones equal..."
15) Isa 42:8 "... �My Glory I will NOT share..."�
16) Isa 43:10-11 "...no one before OR AFTER Me..."
17) Isa 44:6 "...I Am the First and Last, besides me there IS no other"
18) Isa 44:24 "...(Jesus/Yeshua/Yahusha was NOT in the beginning with ELOH-M)..."
19) Isa 45:5-6 "...no god besides Me..."
20) Isa 45:18 "...I Am The L-RD and there IS no one else"
21) Isa 45:21-22 "...(again, no room for Jesus/Yeshua/Yahusha in the beginning).."
22) Isa 46:5 "...(Jesus/Yeshua/Yahusha is not a human form of ELOH-M)..."
23) Isa 46:9 "...there IS NO-ONE like Me"
24) Isa 48:11 "...I will NOT give my glory to another"
25) Isa 48:12 "...(again, no mention of Jesus/Yeshua/Yahusha)..."
26) Hos 13:4 "... �there IS no Savior besides Me"�
27) Joel 2:27 "...(only ELOH-M, no partner)..."
28) Psa 73:25 "...(King David declaring ELOH-M is ELOH-M ALONE)..."
29) Psa 146:3 "Do NOT put your trust in princes or the son of man..."
30) Neh 9:6 "...(no mention of a helper)..."
31)1 Chr 17:20 "...NO other ELOH-M..."
32) Ex 34:14 "...(bow to NO-ONE but ELOH-M!)..."
33) Deu 32:12 "...(no way Jesus was there!)..."
34) Deu 33:26 "...(NO one like ELOH-M)..."
35) Deu 5:7 "...(put NO one OR MIGHTY one before G-d)..."
36) Deu 7:4 "...(WARNING against others like jsus/demi-gods)..."
37) 2Sa 7:22 "...(there is NO god butELOH-MALONE)..."
38) Psa 18:31 "...(ELOH-M is the ONLY Rock)..."
39) Psa 83:18 "...(ONLY G-d! No room for Jesus here)..."
40) Psa 86:8 "...(NO one like ELOH-M)..."
41) Psa 89:6 "...(ELOH-M HAS no equal)...
42) Psa 89:8 "...(NO one is MIGHTY like ELOH-MELOH-M)..."
43) Psa 100:3 "...(ONLY G-d was from the beginning)..."
44) Isa 12:2 "...(ELOH-M alone is my deliverer. No other "savior"..."
45) Isa 33:22 "...(ONLY ELOH-M can save us.)..."
46) Isa 37:20 "...(ONLY ELOH-M)..."
47) Isa 41:4 "...(NO room for Jesus)..."
48) Isa 43:15 "...(no Jesus)..."
49) Isa 44:8 "...(NO Rock but ELOH-M alone)..."
50) Isa 45:15 "...(ELOH-M ALONE)..."
51) Isa 63:16 "...(ELOH-M is our redeemer, not Jesus/Yeshua/Yahusha)..."
52) Hos 1:7 "...(Salvation is ONLY through ELOH-M)..."
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by haddeylium(m): 11:49pm On Feb 23|
Angels are Spirit too
So, you disagreed with the definition of Trinity that includes the co-equal power of the gods in Authority?
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by Kingdomtruth: 11:23am On Feb 24|
[quote author=haddeylium post=99364669]
Angels are Spirit too
So, you disagreed with the definition of Trinity that includes the co-equal power of the gods in Authority?[/quote
Very true bro, that angels are spirit too. But there's a difference.
The difference is that: They do not have the fullness of the spirit of God in them; as compared the one in Jesus Christ and the Holy spirit.
Remember that the devil too was an angel before he was cast out of heaven; but you would clearly agree that Jesus Christ is more powerful that him. You may want to ask why so. The reason is that: in Christ Jesus, there is the fullness of the spirit of God in him that makes him so powerful, where as, such fullness is lacking in every other angel you see including the devil. BTW, note that: there are seven spirits of God which make the fullness of the complete overall of the spirit of God. That's the very one in Christ Jesus. And once you have that one, that's the ETERNAL LIFE, you'll live forever and ever never to die again. And that's the one me and you have been promised, so that if we believe in Christ, we shall receive it and become more powerful than the devil just as Christ who has it and is obviously more powerful than him. That's why the devil can't come close once one is in Christ Jesus.
Finally, just for the record, know that you are very and more powerful than any angel including the devil once you are living your life in union with Christ Jesus, because yours, is the fullness of the spirit of God that's in you...The devil continues to lord it over people only because of ignorance. Tanx,Shalom!
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by Kingdomtruth: 12:15pm On Feb 24|
very true bro, that angels are spirit too. But there is a difference. The difference is that, while in Christ Jesus and the holy spirit is the FULLNESS of the spirit of God, it is not so in the angels.
Remember that, the devil too was an angel before he was cast out of heaven. But you would clearly agree that Christ Jesus is more powerful than him. You may want to ask why,since they are both spirit. The reason is that: in Christ Jesus, is the FULLNESS of the spirit of God where as, such FULLNESS is lacking in the all the angels including the devil. That's why Christ Jesus, is more powerful than him( the devil). Because in Him(Christ) is the FULLNESS of the spirit of God.
Just for the record, there are seven spirits of God that make the fullness of the complete overall of the spirit of God, and once anyone possesses such, that's the ETERNAL LIFE. such a person will live forever and ever never to die again. And that's what we've been promised, if we believe and have faith in Christ, then we shall receive it to live and never to die again.
Finally, just as Christ has it and is more powerful than all the angels including the devil, all of us who believe in him will posses it too and become more powerful than all the angels including the devil just as Christ is. For ours, is the FULLNESS of His spirit in us through our union with Christ Jesus not like the abridged one in the angels. Reason why the devil stays far away when one lives his life in union with Christ Jesus. That the devil lords it over you today, is a matter of ignorance. Once a man is in Christ Jesus, the enemy(devil) has no power over him, because"greater is the one in you than the one in him(the devil). Tanx brodaman, Shalom!
|Re: Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:24pm On Feb 24|
No matter how much your children resembles you there will be one who takes after all your attributes completely in whom the fullness of your spirit dwells! Whoever has seen this child don't need to look for you because he is your carbon copy inside out, whatever gladdens your heart makes him happy and he will always frown at whatever you hate! John 14:9
What you're quoting simply means of all the angelic sons of God Jesus takes after his father completely, that never meant he's not one of God's spirit sons.
So Jesus was an angel in heaven just like all others before God transformed Jesus into an embryo in the womb of a Jewish virgin girl. Of course there are other spirit sons of God in whom you'll find God's attributes but Jesus is number one! Colossians 1:15-16
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144