Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew (15859 Views)

We Do Not Interfere In Ooni's Selection Of Oloris - Sisters To Ooni Of Ife / Gombe Government Appoints Danladi Sanusi As Mai Tangale, Despite Protests / Mai Tangale, Buba Maisharu, Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by Judolisco(m): 7:05pm On Feb 19, 2021
Dis northerners go kill themselves finish o
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by thaoriginator: 7:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see peace returning back to gombe very soon, gombe is very peaceful compared to some northern states, I see the governor coming into the picture to impose his preferred candidate, I see the other two contestants having no other option then to accept the governor's choice, I see activities going back to normal. This I have seen.
grin
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by naijaking1: 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2021
The one where the governor refused to accept the winner because he's a Christian?

Fulani hegamony is looking for an emir, not a christian ruler!
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by GogetterMD(m): 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2021
fergie001:

SOURCE

The Community position

The vacant stool was occasioned by the death of Dr. Abdu Buba Mausharu, the 15th Mai Tangale and only Christian monarch in the North-East, last month.

The Tangale are predominantly Christian with a small percentage of Islam and traditional religion as well.

The Gombe State Government was also petitioned in November last year, after the most Senior Judge, Justice Beatrice Iliya was excluded from the Chief Judge Nominees List, for being Christian; an act that drew widespread condemnation.

Dr Musa Maiyamba, now HRH (Dr) Musa Maiyamba. Great guy, well deserved. Inuwa Yahya should do normal

2 Likes

Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by captainjerry: 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2021
Na wa oooo undecided must they fight over everything
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
gentlestdude:
if the north was a country on it's own they wouldn't be any different from the NIGER REP. and SOMALIA of today. now why must i be forced to live with such nuisances? #oduduwaREP
#biafraREP
Short tfu!!!!

We have seen situation where by choosing an Src president in your part of the world turned bloody!!!

This problem is an African one!!!
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by Otunski: 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2021
That Governor Yahaya Inuwa is the most useless Governor on Earth. A Christian won but his religious bigotry won't allow him to be sensible and honour the wishes of the people. Now he has succeeded in using the traditional stool as the casus belli for the crisis. Idiotic Governor.

1 Like

Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:32pm On Feb 19, 2021
Secret letter with a press release.

2 Likes

Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by diamond88: 7:37pm On Feb 19, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see peace returning back to gombe very soon, gombe is very peaceful compared to some northern states, I see the governor coming into the picture to impose his preferred candidate, I see the other two contestants having no other option then to accept the governor's choice, I see activities going back to normal. This I have seen.

Did you read the article at all. The. Governor prefer a muslin to head the stool-a minority than the Christian guy to head the stool-a majority. That's why he is denying the doc from ascending to the throne.

2 Likes

Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by diamond88: 7:40pm On Feb 19, 2021
Judolisco:
Dis northerners go kill themselves finish o

Try read.... Don't use the headline to judge. The governor doesn't want a Christian chief on the throne and he is scared. He want a muslim ruler on the throne

2 Likes

Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by Judolisco(m): 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2021
diamond88:

Try read.... Don't use the headline to judge. The governor doesn't want a Christian chief on the throne and he is scared. He want a muslim ruler on the throne
how did my comment show that I did not read the post?
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by mcmukoko12(m): 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2021
Religious sentiment is the cause of this eruption. We are in a democracy not autocracy for God sake.

1 Like

Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by gentlestdude(m): 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Are the Igbo's not from the North ?, Is it not wars that made Igbo's to migrate from Israel to present day land ?.
Google the history of Igbo's before you type rubbish.
you ended up typing a whole load of bullshit

1 Like

Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by Seebrian(m): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2021
Zimzy:
The want to impose a Muslim on the majority Christian area in their usual evil scheme
That is the bond of contention. Some Nairaland members wouldn't read through to ascertain the truth nature of the story but rather jump into hasty conclusion.
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by Orlu15(m): 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2021
Why Is that anything north is always attributed to violence??

1 Like

Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by P1PrinceKT(m): 8:46pm On Feb 19, 2021
Sultty:
Sultty(m) is a terrorist

1 Like

Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by P1PrinceKT(m): 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2021
gentlestdude:
if the north was a country on it's own they wouldn't be any different from the NIGER REP. and SOMALIA of today. now why must i be forced to live with such nuisances? #oduduwaREP
#biafraREP

With this Your New Ideology Of Margin #Oduduwa Rep and #Biafra rep.

it won't help you Any more , it's Like you're enemies of yourselves.

you should formed a single Country (Biafra+Oduduwa= South ) and Fight NORTH simple.

Remember that NORTH Is One.
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by Coinbased: 9:26pm On Feb 19, 2021
Oh
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by jobsmiths(m): 9:27pm On Feb 19, 2021
FalseProphet1:
you shall see No More
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by labelle123(f): 9:50pm On Feb 19, 2021
North and violence. Small thing always triggers crisis.
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by Dollarremix(m): 9:52pm On Feb 19, 2021
KanuSE:
What's Mai Tangale, is it a name a person, place or animal?
you are a fool
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by Danzakidakura(m): 9:56pm On Feb 19, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Muslims don't like a peaceful society. The governor want to impose a Muslim on King on Christians. I trust my people it won't work. Islam is an Ev*l religion.
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by lamentor78(m): 10:00pm On Feb 19, 2021
I won't be surprised , if Uzodinma from 4th position is the governor in Imo State why can't no the person that came 3rd in kingship tuzzle be crown Emir , na APC way
Why are we the most corrupt in West Africa
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by KanuSE: 12:15am On Feb 20, 2021
Dollarremix:
I am a fool

grin
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by Babisha10(m): 12:57am On Feb 20, 2021
gentlestdude:
#biafraREP
Let's how u can get the so called mentioned rep
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by tit(f): 3:31am On Feb 20, 2021
Amir of Nawfia loading
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by PastorFire: 3:40am On Feb 20, 2021
The minute a Muslim man is elected into power, they mess up the whole place with their incompetent people from their religion.
I know Billiri very well. They are fighting a just cause. You can't claim a fictitious equal votes so you can have powers to choose a monarch for them.
The governor is wrong this time around and any attempt to impose a new Mai Tangale on the people will only leave the kingdom without peace to govern.
Re: Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew by Gunayo(m): 7:48am On Feb 20, 2021
FalseProphet1:
You see wrong. Tangali, biliri people are predominantly Christian. It won't work. When this country finally disentegrate, l pity our Christian brothers and sisters in the north in the messy of this wicked and heartless people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OONI, ALAAFIN, KABIYESI ........ Decoding Their Meaning And Origin. / 70th Birthday: Etsu Nupe Alhaji Abubakar Receives VIP Magazine Publisher In Abuj / Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.