Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Nigerian Novelist Finishes Latest Novel After 11 Years - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Novelist Finishes Latest Novel After 11 Years (329 Views)

Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead / Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Novelist Finishes Latest Novel After 11 Years by KingsleyAni1993(m): 9:28pm On Feb 19, 2021
Nigerian Novelist Kingsley Adrian Banks posted about his upcoming project titled [b][/b]Adamma.

Writing to his Facebook followers, Banks posted this a few minutes ago:

"In 2010, I began a manuscript about a beautiful young woman who rose through the ranks, from a ho, to one of Nigeria's biggest stars.

In 2015 I dumped all the chapters of it on Wattpad. About 5,000 people read it. I later deleted it.

I'm 2017 I edited it top to bottom and then re-added it back to Wattpad. A couple thousands read it again and many liked it.

In 2020, I sat down and read it again. I HATED my writing style, because I hadn't mastered literary creation. Besides that, some stuff I wrote sounded incredibly preposterous to me. And people liked it! Cringe!

I started from the title and rewrote it. Chapter by chapter, sentence by sentence, word by word, I tore it down, rewrote it. This time, I had a team. Readers, an editor and a proofreader worked with me non stop on it.

I had about 135,000 words. I thought it was hefty. Before I was done, I'd DESTROYED around 60,000 of the original manuscript text and completely deleted around 15,000 words.

Tonight, a few moments ago, I typed "THE END".

121,000 words.

Anticipate #Adamma, my new literary project.

Good evening.

Now, tell me what you've been working on."

In 2020, Kingsley Adrian Banks had earlier published his shocking debut novel, Behind Closed Doors, one of the few Nigerian novels that tackle gender stereotypes and sexual minorities.

Banks' upcoming project Adamma is slated for an November release to Nigerian readers exclusively on Bambooks.

(1) (Reply)

IHRAF Motivated Me To Put More Effort Into My Writing - Grace Suge / Dr. Afam Ebeogu's Publication On Mythic Imagination In Tess Onwueme's Drama / Cook Book Or Diet Writer Needed asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.