Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ (66318 Views)

Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court / Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana / Benin Republic Ready To Be Integrated As Part Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by kushe: 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2021
illicit:
We are at 37 already....

We have a State of Emergency

Best comment EVER ���� !!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2021
hammerDK:
[s][/s]

Yoruba that are from Benin Republic have not champion the adding of Benin republic to Nigeria, it is our very foolish and poorly educated igbo brothers that are prone to make mistakes doing such.

Let me show people the set of animals that want to join Nigeria from Benin Republic.

I am not in support of Benin Republics joining Nigeria. The minister of Foreign affairs is just creating distractions. This request was made to Buhari in 2015 immediately after he won the election before he was sworn in as president.

Benin is very poor. They want assistance from Nigeria. The North will never allow them to join Nigeria because of fear of South West.
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
hammerDK:
Sorry mate, before these set of animals join, or the terrorist from Niger Republic join, Biafrans would have been long gone.

I can fit, second round of animals.

The ones in the zoo is bad enough.

Where did you get all these pictures ? Are you living among them ?
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by oyatz(m): 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
geemd434:

If Yoruba make 65% while is a non yoruba ruling them. Lie lie people

Only about 20% of their population are ethnic Yoruba but almost half of the population speak Yoruba in addition to Fon and Ewe Languages.
The reasons are
1) Porto Novo ,the National Capital is a Yoruba Town
2) Cotonou, the largest and commercial City is very close to Lagos and most people there speak Yoruba as a language of business and entertainment.
Yoruba music and Yoruba Nollywood are the mainstream entertainment in Cotonou.

3) A Yoruba guy from Lagos or Ogun State doesn't need interpreters to communicate freely in most Cotonou and Port Novo.

4 Likes

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by hammerDK: 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
oyatz:

Only about 20% of their population are ethnic Yoruba but almost half of the population speak Yoruba in addition to Fon and Ewe Languages.
The reasons are
1) Porto Novo ,the National Capital is a Yoruba Town
2) Cotonou, the largest and commercial City is very close to Lagos and most people there speak Yoruba as a language of business and entertainment.
Yoruba music and Yoruba Nollywood are the mainstream entertainment in Cotonou.

3) A Yoruba guy from Lagos or Ogun State doesn't need interpreters to communicate freely in most Cotonou and Port Novo.

MORE REASON, YORUBA SHOULD JOIN BENIN REPUBLIC.

DONT U THINK?
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by oyatz(m): 1:02pm On Feb 20, 2021
GeneralPula:

Them speaking Yoruba doesn’t make them Yoruba..

Even some French speaks Yoruba. You can take a trip to Cotonou

Spot the difference and learn..
When I went to Cotonou in 1999, I didn't even speak any French, I was just speaking my Yoruba language and they understood me well (though they have a funny Yoruba accent and some speak dialects of Yoruba that resemble that spoken in some remote parts of Oyo State)
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by Awonaiye201: 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2021
Ori dun Benin President, he needs to be check shocked shocked

https://dailytrust.com/benin-republic-ready-to-be-nigerias-37th-state-minister[/quote]
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by rolams(m): 1:14pm On Feb 20, 2021
Their eyes go clear!
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 20, 2021
babaolofin:

The person has to lecture you. When you read it on Google, it is supposed to have guided you.

I believed all the people talking about 12% or 13% are IBOs. The fact that they speak Yoruba or not speaking Yoruba is not what makes them Yorubas. They have historical and ancestral foundation to Yorubas which they can never forget.

Let me quote the man again. " The founder of Popo, sabe, ajashe in Benin republic they're brothers (probably the youngest) to the founder of Owu, Oyo, etc in Yoruba land they're all oduduwa grand children". There are some other Yorubas up to Ghana. The IBOs cannot say what they don't know. The IBOs don't know the history of Onipopo of Popo and Onisabe of Sabe in Yoruba history.

The majority of the tribes have Yoruba ancestry linkage.

The igbos are an irrelevant lot....pay them no attention, they seek to sow discord and strive within the yoruba's.

1 Like

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by jaxxy(m): 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
codemaniacs:

everyone has subtle hatred for another person.
everyone has greed mentality.

anyone who fights over oil will be arrested. its not a fairy tale and its very easy to achieve in reality..

you're the one who has been trained to see loses and negatives.

Who will arrest who? Who will be the leader of who?? U must be United and believe in unity and fair principles to achieve anything. It is not easy to achieve with the black man greedy and highly selfish mentality trust me.

Ask NDDC ur example of Niger delta oil management and leadership what it has done sofar.

1 Like

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by hammerDK: 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
babaolofin:

Where did you get all these pictures ? Are you living among them ?

I cannot leave among them.

Here is the link, feast your eyes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=benin+republic+Voodoo+festival&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB885GB885&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjpx-HPuPjuAhUmQEEAHTnLCgwQ_AUoAXoECAUQAw&biw=1600&bih=789
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by TOMMYS: 1:19pm On Feb 20, 2021
tnerro1:
Better Benin republic than those terrorist in Niger republic
. u don talk na my mind. I dream say Niger republic join nigeria. and my dream dey always manifest for real life o.

1 Like

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by AFONJACOW(m): 1:19pm On Feb 20, 2021
We never solve the one wey dey here nah to begin to solve others own... We have useless souls as leaders , God kukuma end this country
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by fr3do(m): 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2021
SmartPolician:
I'm sure the country wouldn't want to be part of Nigeria if Nigeria was run like the United States, where states pay taxes to the centre. Benin republic is interested in Niger Delta petrodollars!

Anyways, I believe this news is false because no other mainstream media house is carrying it.

But states in the US have almost total control t resources within their boundaries, same can't be said for Nigeria
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by ThatFairGuy: 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2021
zealousayo:

It's only an idiot that will have Aregbe as his mentor.
I don't have words for uniformed mind like you. You always base your opinion on 'they say', you are bereaved of knowledge about his governance numbers of time we had argument.

When you are well informed about his governance, come back here and quote me.
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by mechanics(m): 1:25pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hmmmm.
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by emperor863(m): 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2021
EzzyCarter:
This Benin president needs a brain check. You want Benin to be the 37th Nigerian state? When most Nigerians want out of the unholy matrimony called Nigeria? This is similar to Bangladesh saying they want to merge with Pakistan ...This must be an expensive joke grin

The president knew what he was saying. Benin republic's population is about 70% Yoruba. There is nothing wrong if they desire to merge with their kit and kin in southwest Nigeria.

If Nigeria splits at the end of the day, they will move on with south west. We want to identity with our kit and kin from Benin Rather than economic refugees who are nothing but enemies at the door.

1 Like

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by candygist: 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2021
Me that was planing to relocate to Benin republic before undecided
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by tnerro1(m): 1:36pm On Feb 20, 2021
TOMMYS:
. u don talk na my mind. I dream say Niger republic join nigeria. and my dream dey always manifest for real life o.

If them try am, then we add Benin republic and Togo join our side
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by hola106(m): 1:40pm On Feb 20, 2021
Make una dey una day abeg
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by Mavrick2012: 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2021
Karemarealty288:
French speaking Nigerians....37th independent problem...
am telling you, nobody told this onyema anything.
All buharis ministers are just bunch of dumb ass
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by davididenyi(m): 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2021
Biafra right now, will be like

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by Toks2008(m): 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Welcome development.
We have been advocating for such since but before they Join those that wants to leave will be allow to leave so that their will be space for them to join.
Niger republic is already part of Nigeria now and Benin republic willing to join....they should wait so that those that wants out will leave before they can join and be fully integrated back with their fellow Yorubas in Nigeria.

If you are convasant with Benin repulblic and the badagry seme border as well as idiroko, then you will agree with me that Benin repulblic is already part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by DisLifeSha: 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2021
It will make Nigeria to restructure and it'll be favour to all states of the country
imhotep:

Honestly.
That country will be making a big mistake
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by codemaniacs: 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2021
jaxxy:

Who will arrest who? Who will be the leader of who?? U must be United and believe in unity and fair principles to achieve anything. It is not easy to achieve with the black man greedy and highly selfish mentality trust me.

Ask NDDC ur example of Niger delta oil management and leadership what it has done sofar.

the criminals will be arrested.

Nigeria is not united yet achieves a lot of things..

NDDC is an organisation that consists of different ethnic nations and its led by different ethnic nations..

If Nigeria separates NDDC will not exist anymore..

anything that consists of more than one ethnic nation will be difficult to manage.

don't put words in my mouth NDDC was YOUR OWN EXAMPLE not mine...

white people are more greedy and selfish than Africans..

1 Like

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by Burgerlomo: 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2021
EzzyCarter:
This Benin president needs a brain check. You want Benin to be the 37th Nigerian state? When most Nigerians want out of the unholy matrimony called Nigeria? This is similar to Bangladesh saying they want to merge with Pakistan ...This must be an expensive joke grin

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by jaxxy(m): 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2021
codemaniacs:

the criminals will be arrested.

Nigeria is not united yet achieves a lot of things..

NDDC is an organisation that consists of different ethnic nations and its led by different ethnic nations..

If Nigeria separates NDDC will not exist anymore..

anything that consists of more than one ethnic nation will be difficult to manage.

don't put words in my mouth NDDC was YOUR OWN EXAMPLE not mine...

white people are more greedy and selfish than Africans..

Lol Ure not being honest with these answers bt it’s fine.

If white where more selfish Europe and America won’t be as developed as it is and Africa backwards and even getting worse in everything after independence. Check urself well.
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by heavenmade(m): 2:18pm On Feb 20, 2021
This is a great idea. Nigeria needs more land to match our ever increasing population, and make us the real super power we are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by Ideadoctor(m): 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2021
topboss:

OTI BERE Oooo...

THIS WAS WAT HAPPENED THE LAST TIME YORUBA TRIED TO CLAIM THEM.

A BUNCH OF MENSTRATING WOMEN DID THIS, TO A YORUBA MAN.
fon is a product of Yoruba sperm and ovum, what about that?
Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by buckeyemedia: 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2021
RuddyFusion:
Next will be Niger republic...... Wahala be like Buhari...taking Nigeria to the place of no return
I welcome the merger, Nigeria, Cameroon, Niger, Benin Republic & Chad back to precolonial empire called The United States Of Niger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by fujirice: 2:39pm On Feb 20, 2021
Why are we taking what the minister said literally?
What I deduced from what he said is that Nigeria and Benin should be good neighbors, afterall, Benin is like a 37th state in Nigeria given the amount of Nigerians there and the similarities we share.
Not that a sovereign state would want to give up their ‘sovereincy’ to another state. For what na? France sef no go gree make that one happen.

My humble submission

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ by buckeyemedia: 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2021
fujirice:
Why are we taking what the minister said literally?
What I deduced from what he said is that Nigeria and Benin should be good neighbors, afterall, Benin is like a 37th state in Nigeria given the amount of Nigerians there and the similarities we share.
Not that a sovereign state would want to give up their ‘sovereincy’ to another state. For what na? France sef no go gree make that one happen.

My humble submission
That is all, too many feeble thinkers on Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jubilation In Rivers As Lost Aircraft Finally Returns (Photos) / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker / See The Moment PDP Leaders Collapsed On Stage During Campaign (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.