Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,882 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break - Politics (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break (35771 Views)

Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now / Oyigboupdate Breaks Biafra Sit At Home In Oyigbo And Videos It - VIDEO / Obasanjo: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Minority Groups Will Be Exterminated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2021
Maobichek:

Get your fact straight OK, Igbo man (Azikiwe) was a ceremonial President with no power, the Prime Minister (A Bello) controls the government (Army, Police, navy, Airforce).
When Adaka Boro declared the Republic of Niger Delta as an independent state, Ironsi was the head of state

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Ekealterego: 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
BKayy:

Guy don't tell me you actually think these Ogogoro drinkers are interested in history.
I've explained to them how they were at the mercy of Arọ for centuries before the white man came. I did it without quoting anything because the drunkards won't bother reading it
When Mr. Dan Owegie, the Edo guy called them Ogogoro people during the skirmish in Edo state, I thought he was not acting reasonably. It is a shame that some of them are proving it to be true. Find the statement below from the Bini people.

You are right, you can also find a record of them paying respect to the Aros. If they did not meet the Aros, I wonder what would become of them.

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Ekealterego: 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2021
Chris525:

You declare ‘Best Educational performance in the whole nation’ without basis or context.

You’re educated and enlightened igbo brothers would be disappointed in you.

Guy stop acting dumb with me, you know the indices I am talking about... You can check the National bureau of statistics on education... You can get this information for free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2021
Chris525:

You declare ‘Best Educational performance in the whole nation’ without basis or context.

You’re educated and enlightened igbo brothers would be disappointed in you.

The SE leads in terms of highest number of students that pass WAEC with 5 credits including english and math

They lead in highest number of jamb registrations (imo state stands @ number 1 in this regard).

Highest number of students that enrol for higher institutions.

Highest number of students that get admission into Medicine, Engineering and law in Nigeria are igbos.

This has been on for the past 20 years.
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Chris525: 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
You’re not a very bright person. As an investor, will you go to where there are traces of gold to invest or where there are large deposits of it?

Investors don't know igbo or ijaw...they know comparative advantage, turnover etc.

And for your information, oil prices have been rising & falling from time immemorial. Basic principle of demand & supply. Which are determined by a whole lot of factors. In Europe & other climes where it gets really cold, people rarely move around, sometimes schools even close. The demand for fuel reduces drastically. Also in the summer, everyone is out & about, demand for fuel is higher. This is just one example. There are a lot of other factors like increase in production by the big producers thereby flooding the market. Thats why there’s OPEC to regulate.

Solar technology & electric cars are still up and coming; they’re not here yet. Maybe in the next decade. For now, crude is still running things.

This is how you present facts to counter a false statement; not insults and innuendos. Agreed igbos may be naturally bright but no way in hell you’re one of them. Are you even sure you are an igbo? You reason like an OSU. You better run a DNA.

Logan23:

""Haha! Crude oil talk is stupidity in 2021? Really? Electric cars & solar tech is why the price of crude has been low? You are such a hilarious fellow.""

Stop saying abnormal half-ish and tell me why the price of crude oil has failed to rally back to its pre-2015 price.

""How many barrels are being pumped in Anambra, Imo and Abia? Compared to Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross Rivers? ""

Stop belittling ur self wit ridiculous questions.

Even if u can reason normally, u should av known that if the countries that buy ur crude oil daily start powering their houses, cars and industries with solar technology, Automatically the demand for ur crude oil will fall and the price as always will fall wit it.

If the Nigerian govt refuse to use the massive crude oil deposits in the SE, does that mean that the SE has little crude oil deposit? U dont even have sense, crude oil has been mined in the SS for well over 75 years now and u think SS will still have more crude oil deposit than areas that have been untouched?

There is massive gold deposits in 4 or 5 yoruba states and the govt isnt mining it, does that mean there is no massive gold deposit in yoruba land?

Since gold is being mined in the north and then very little gold is mined in yoruba land, Does that mean that yorubas have small amt of gold deposits?
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by PHijo(m): 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
Logan23:

""Feni is what you guys are now calling "isi agu""

Mumu grin grin , D isiagu has been an age long attire sowed specially for great hunters who have killed leopards. The skin of the leopard they killed is used to make those clothes for them...It has absolutely nothing to do with ijaw.

Okrika is not ijaw pls, stop talking that nansense. Ogu kingdom is actually igbo and their leader is called ""Ama anya n'abo""...

Will youuuu keep Kwayet?

Ogu kingdom kee you there!

Do you know what the Ogu stands for in Ijaw history? Ogu in Rivers state is not the only Ijaw community by that name.

If you were using Leopard skin to sew your so called "isi agu" is Feni leopard skin?

Why don't you have images of Igbos in Feni from the 60s, 70s or even 80s?

Your traditional clothes are fringed garments. The colonial authorities begged Igbos in Enugu to wear clothes at least Nigeria's independence ceremony on the 1st of October 1960.

The Southern Africans who have a similar wear to the Igbos are still wearing theirs and those who don't want expose much of their body add extra layers of fabric to their clothes but Igbos will throw away their and try to claim other people's culture and even abuse the owners of the culture they are copying.

Europeans copied trousers from Asia and give credit to them on that. You Igbo copy people and insult them on top that, re-label them as Igbo.
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by BKayy: 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ekealterego:

When Mr. Dan Owegie, the Edo guy called them Ogogoro people during the skirmish in Edo state, I thought he was not acting reasonably. It is a shame that some of them are proving it to be true. Find the statement below from the Bini people.

You are right, you can also find a record of them paying respect to the Aros. If they did not meet the Aros, I wonder what would become of them.
Wow, you have researched very well.
Their ogogoro drinking nature never deteriorated with history even though brands like whiskey, Chelsea and even beer is around. Now, Due to lack of customers they just brew the ogogoro and drink it themselves.
The ones here are really texting from the influence of alcohol, that is why I neither take them nor their views serious

1 Like

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2021
Chris525:

Alright then, all and any igbo speaking person in the world is Igbo & anyone bearing an igbo name. Is that common sense good enough for you?

No. Any igbo speakers that also bear igbo makes around d world are Hausa-fulani
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Chris525: 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2021
Delusions of grandeur. Paste your source.

Logan23:

The SE leads in terms of highest number of students that pass WAEC with 5 credits including english and math

They lead in highest number of jamb registrations (imo state stands @ number 1 in this regard).

Highest number of students that enrol for higher institutions.

Highest number of students that get admission into Medicine, Engineering and law in Nigeria are igbos.

This has been on for the past 20 years.
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Chris525: 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
They could be Ijaw tongue

Logan23:

No. Any igbo speakers that also bear igbo makes around d world are Hausa-fulani
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Omuaro38: 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
this history look like self fabricated one. cownu must have hand in this..

Oru the ancient tribe of africa never will pay homage to aro strangers.. abeg stop rewriting history like brain dead cownu.
That aspect of history wasn't written by Igbos you dumb fuCCk, it was a piece documented and preserved by the same Europeans you apes worship so much today, I know it hurts to know how humiliating your history was... but as a proud Aro man it makes me happy to see even the white man recognized "LEVELS" enough to know we're far superior to you wild creek dwelling savages, that's why the Europeans preferred to use Aro traders as middle men in the slave trade while the Ijo's slaved for us and took instructions from their Aro masters.

4 Likes

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Maobichek: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2021
Afriifa:
You can't underscore the fact the same thought is promulgated by the Mojorities(Yoruba, Hausas) too.
LOL.. e shock you?

Good day, I have followed your comments carefully, you are matured in your response and I appreciate your reasoning, thank you. I will follow you.
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Omuaro38: 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2021
Chris525:

Delusions of grandeur. Paste your source.

Not delusions of grandeur he is right, except you've been living in a cave not to know that the South Eastern states in the past few years have consistently made the index list of top/best performing states in WAEC/JAMB results nationwide.
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Chris525: 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2021
Paste your source here for all to see, liar.

Which is more important? Passing jamb thats riddled with fraud and special centres with highest score or topping law school or med college?

Misplaced priorities.

Ekealterego:

Guy stop acting dumb with me, you know the indices I am talking about... You can check the National bureau of statistics on education... You can get this information for free.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Omuaro38: 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ekealterego:

However, this is not what the history books say.
The Ijaws were also called Oru, Udso, Ejor, etc.

It is on record here in the 1800s that you were paying homage and going on pilgrimage to Aro people. Here is an account by Baikie.

CC: Omuaro38, Logan23.
It's even an insult to compare Ijo people to Aro, there's absolutely no basis for such degrading comparison at all (and I've met some amazing Ijaw people), but knowing my place in history and the type of civilization we had within the Igbo hinterlands and afar... at the risk of sounding arrogant an Ijo man will always a low dirt-groveling serf around an Aro man.
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Chris525: 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2021
I’m here to tell you both that states like Ondo, Ekiti, Edo, Lagos etc. have consistently made the list too.

So whats your big deal?

Omuaro38:

Not delusions of grandeur he is right, except you've been living in a cave not to know that the South Eastern states in the past few years have consistently made the index list of top/best performing states in WAEC/JAMB results nationwide.
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2021
Chris525:

They could be Ijaw tongue

Nah, Hausa-fulani or Awusa-Afonjas
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by PHijo(m): 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ekealterego:

My biggest prayer is that Igbo people continue being deluded concerning Aro. Igbo people keep falling their hand big time!

I used to think they had small sense, I was wrong.
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Omuaro38: 4:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
Chris525:

Alright then, all and any igbo speaking person in the world is Igbo & anyone bearing an igbo name. Is that common sense good enough for you?

Stop fishing about for daft equivalences cause I never said or implied anything to the context of the rubbish you wrote. You have a brain so use it cognitively to understand the basic concept of language culture, and value systems... you speak English because you were colonized by the British... you answer English, Latin, or any other foreign names alien to your culture because they were adopted for religious or personal reasons. But do you speak English, French, German, Spanish etc as your aboriginal language except learned? what languages and cultures were those Igbos found in the Rivers, Delta, Benue areas speaking and practicing before their present Igbo language and culture? if they weren't colonized and forced to adopt the culture of the Igbos, then how come they just magically started speaking Igbo, bearing Igbo names, worshiping Igbo traditional deities, practicing our 4 market days, dressing like Igbos etc... or maybe the Igbo genes are too strong that once upon a time even "Non-Igbos" at some point had to conform and getting completely immersed by the Igbo ways of life and culture.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Omuaro38: 4:46pm On Feb 24, 2021
Chris525:

I’m here to tell you both that states like Ondo, Ekiti, Edo, Lagos etc. have consistently made the list too.

So whats your big deal?

The South East followed by the South west in that order of best performing states YES I agree.. but you aren't from the SW if I'm not mistaken? why isn't your Ijaw nation doing so well in the academic indices?

1 Like

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
Chris525:

So whats your big deal?

Igbos top those states u mention. IGBOS are numero uno

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by PHijo(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
Omuaro38:

It's even an insult to compare Ijo people to Aro, there's absolutely no basis for such degrading comparison at all (and I've met some amazing Ijaw people), but knowing my place in history and the type of civilization we had within the Igbo hinterlands and afar... at the risk of sounding arrogant an Ijo man will always a low dirt-groveling serf around an Aro man.

You wish!

Lord Lugard has truly made some of you grow wings!!!

If you had a nose you would probably snuff. I won't say much about Aro because the Aros were only known for a traditional belief system. They were known for nothing else. Is it a cave "swallows" people you call civilisation?
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Omuaro38: 5:05pm On Feb 24, 2021
PHijo:

You wish!

Lord Lugard has truly made some of you grow wings!!!

If you had a nose you would probably snuff. I won't say much about Aro because the Aros were only known for a traditional belief system. They were known for nothing else. Is it a cave "swallows" people you call civilisation?
This Ijo rat is talking about Lord Lugard, don't hide behind Lord Lugard you dunce! before Lord Lugard or even the Europeans came into the picture Aro already had an existing confederacy, before Lugard we were already trading and using our war allies to expand our territory and influence from the Igbo hinterlands to the Niger Delta, before Lugard was in the picture we already had an existing civilization that the Europeans met on ground. While you Ijo savages (who by the way were described in the least complimentary manner and terms by the Europeans) were finally discovered in the thick mangrove swamps on your mosquito-infested habitats, you were still running around naked like stone age cavemen.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Ekealterego: 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
PHijo:

My biggest prayer is that Igbo people continue being deluded concerning Aro. Igbo people keep falling their hand big time!

I used to think they had small sense, I was wrong.
You see that I always present historical records... You guys on the other hand rely on sentiments and insults. One common thing amongst all you guys is failure to back your assertion with historical evidence and facts.
As I made my assertion, I gave the year and name of the record books where I got my information.

Bros! this is 2021 and I assume you are educated. If that is true, you of all people should know the importance of presenting records and facts from renowned recorded sources.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Chris525: 5:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
All of these and they still dont want to be Igbo or Biafra...lol, I get it why you lot are really upset.

When you get to a foreign country or place & have kids there and they speak the language & become immersed in the culture, do not bring them home or tell them about their roots. Leave them there, that country is their roots. They speak & dress in the ways of the country. Their roots is from that country. Joker.

You probably wore a shirt & trouser today & spoke English & had tea. That means you’re an Englishman...your roots must be in England...mumu man.

Omuaro38:

Stop fishing about for daft equivalences cause I never said or implied anything to the context of the rubbish you wrote. You have a brain so use it cognitively to understand the basic concept of language culture, and value systems... you speak English because you were colonized by the British... you answer English, Latin, or any other foreign names alien to your culture because they were adopted for religious or personal reasons. But do you speak English, French, German, Spanish etc as your aboriginal language except learned? what languages and cultures were those Igbos found in the Rivers, Delta, Benue areas speaking and practicing before their present Igbo language and culture? if they weren't colonized and forced to adopt the culture of the Igbos, then how come they just magically started speaking Igbo, bearing Igbo names, worshiping Igbo traditional deities, practicing our 4 market days, dressing like Igbos etc... or maybe the Igbo genes are too strong that once upon a time even "Non-Igbos" at some point had to conform and getting completely immersed by the Igbo ways of life and culture.
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by IDENNAA(m): 5:33pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ekealterego:

These people have been so pummeled they are just here for the sake of being mocked of running away. So much historical facts have been presented here and all they do is throwing baseless insult just to mask their shame and embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by PHijo(m): 5:34pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ekealterego:

You see that I always present historical records... You guys on the other hand rely on sentiments and insults. One common thing amongst all you guys is failure to back your assertion with historical evidence and facts.
As I made my assertion, I gave the year and name of the record books where I got my information.

Bros! this is 2021 and I assume you are educated. If that is true, you of all people should know the importance of presenting records and facts from renowned recorded sources.

I am not interested in educating you guys. I want you guys to carry craze enter Ijawland make we change am for una.

All saw was screenshots, anyway it is not important.
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by Omuaro38: 5:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
Chris525:

All of these and they still dont want to be Igbo or Biafra...lol, I get it why you lot are really upset.

When you get to a foreign country or place & have kids there and they speak the language & become immersed in the culture, do not bring them home or tell them about their roots. Leave them there, that country is their roots. They speak & dress in the ways of the country. Their roots is from that country. Joker.

You probably wore a shirt & trouser today & spoke English & had tea. That means you’re an Englishman...your roots must be in England...mumu man.

All of these and they still dont want to be Igbo or Biafra...lol, I get it why you lot are really upset

And you came up with this stupid conclusion based on what? what surveys or statistical database do you have as evidence that ALL the Igbo speaking subgroups don't want to be affiliated with their Igbo identity? stop reasoning like a neophyte. The identity crisis complex is only mostly profound among the Ikwerre, Omuma, parts of Ogba and Etche axis of Rivers state and then the Ika/Ukwani axis of Delta state. But Igbos are too large a group, and diversified a people to worry about people who want to be identify with their roots or not, nobody has that time least of all an Igbo man.

Do you have some sort of cognitive dissonance with actually making sense? what does all these garbage you diligently came up with even make any sense to you? Jesus Christ and I thought you were even intelligent sef. When you have your cultural equanimity and values intact (which I doubt you do cause you sound really stupid and lost in the oasis of some deep inferiority complex), then maybe you will appreciate the validity of what I was trying to educate your not-so-smart self about!
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by IDENNAA(m): 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2021
Chris525:

You are shamelessly rretarded, son! Don't you guys have some dignity...just look at the loads of facts you are being trashed with and all you could do is call people mumu...lmao

Next time , respect yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by PHijo(m): 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2021
IDENNAA:

These people have been so pummeled they are just here for the sake of being mocked of running away. So much historical facts have been presented here and all they do is throwing baseless insult just to mask their shame and embarrassment.

Historical facts? From where?

Abeg make we here something!

E get why we dey do wetin we dey do but people like u no go catch d drift.

A lion does not have to show evidence to a potential prey that it is a lion.

The prey should just stray into the predator's path and the rest as they say, will be history.
Re: Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break by PHijo(m): 5:41pm On Feb 24, 2021
Omuaro38:

This Ijo rat is talking about Lord Lugard, don't hide behind Lord Lugard you dunce! before Lord Lugard or even the Europeans came into the picture Aro already had an existing confederacy, before Lugard we were already trading and using our war allies to expand our territory and influence from the Igbo hinterlands to the Niger Delta, before Lugard was in the picture we already had an existing civilization that the Europeans met on ground. While you Ijo savages (who by the way were described in the least complimentary manner and terms by the Europeans) were finally discovered in the thick mangrove swamps on your mosquito-infested habitats, you were still running around naked like stone age cavemen.

All they knew about Aro or anywhere in the Igbo hinterland we told them!

Can you beat that ?

At these Igbotic flies self wan do pass themselves.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (60) (Reply)

South-east Committed Political Blunder –oyegun / Islamic Council Warns Nnamdi Kanu Against Attacks On Hausas / Udom Sacks Commissioner, Victor Antai, Seen With Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.