Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,655 members, 7,801,904 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. - Programming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. (26708 Views)

The Travails Of Junior Developers / For Developers Especially Beginners And Junior Developers. / 5 Projects A Junior Developer Should Have In Their Portfolio To Get Hired Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by qtguru(m): 5:25am On Feb 25, 2021
These are one of the reasons no one comes here anymore, you are better off on Reddit where you can learn than here where egos and immaturity sets in.

4 Likes

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by cixak95211: 5:35am On Feb 25, 2021
qtguru:

Only Junior Engineers were let go not or non-billable engineers, because I still work there, insulting people is not a good choice, you can disagree and argue your points but being offensive is not a good virtue. Just a good advice for your own good.

Thank God you know. Even if I worked for no payment, does that detract from the fact that I didn't do my job well?
Or did what I was supposed to do, even if I only did it for say, "10" hours a week
He took it personally first, just that I came back with a worse dose than he could imagine.
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by cixak95211: 5:42am On Feb 25, 2021
qtguru:

Wishing Death on people's parent and bashing that's not EPIC
Hhehehe EPIC, i know i know !!! sad sad

In retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have wished his folks death and I wish I could take that back
but he wanted to play dirty and I only tried to let him know I could play dirtier and "show no decorum" if that's what he wants.
nobody has the monopoly for that.
But ur points are noted. Thanks

cc: Codeigniter am done
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by qtguru(m): 5:53am On Feb 25, 2021
Noted:

Let's cease all these personal attacks, this is a thread to learn. We are getting back to learning mode. Personally I don't read much in Junior or Senior title, I just read and study on what I need to do, obviously someone with more time and experience on a project will always exhibit competency.

Being a TeamLead is possible in Andela but outside Andela it is hard, Andela sped up people's title to match customer's demands, I know because at Interswitch to become a Team Lead takes years and years, but these days all that can be avoided if you take on bigger roles and display competency, everybody has the opportunity to be a team lead it just means there is alot for the person to learn.

That has always been my perception, I feel the reason why most of the Junior Engineers got canned at Andela where because they were ushered into learning frameworks rather than the core underlying topics .e.g Algorithm, Data Structure and others. I still feel they are massively important but there are roles that require no DS, if you build products/plugins route and are successful you won't need the DS as much but later on, when your product hits a massive number, Algo and DS will prove important because you will need a smarter and more efficient way to deal with large input. So I recommend Algo and DS, it also helps break down a problem easily.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by cixak95211: 6:05am On Feb 25, 2021
^ This was exactly what I was advocating but hmmm, a story for another day. I am currently a Lead Engineer in my present role and I don't even wish it on anybody, lol. The title sounds nice, but the workload is insane as I am responsible for any slight infrastructural breakdown that came thru codes. I have but only 2 eyes, so while I still churn out codes, I have to make sure the codes churned out by other teammates pass our CI/CD checkmarks. Most times I catch the bugs, a whole lot of times I fail to, requiring unplanned hotfixes. QA sucks by the way.
However, some people have opined that you don't need DSA unless you want to work at Google and Facebook which I find very, uhh, misleading and sad. I tried to correct that opinion, but the backlash since I have never worked at Google et al, I need to keep shut, hehehe
Then someone once said he has never seen an app built by a Nigerian that was bug-free. While that was over-bloated, cos no app is bug-free, but you get the idea. It all starts with these baby steps of no DSA and then it becomes problematic. Personally, I am trying to shift the culture back to how apps were built pre-flashy frameworks, where you gotta account for the craziest of tasks such as memory utilization and variable eviction.
Would you rather write bad codes and have money in your pocket as fast as you can or you would rather go hungry for a while but then hit your target.
The story long sha.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by Hassanmaye(m): 6:35am On Feb 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Tech is honestly the best industry to get into right now. The opportunities are numerous. Almost every job vacancy out there is tech this tech that, developer this and developer that. I stayed in school for 4 years studying for a useless engineering degree and I have never in my life seen a vacancy for the rubbish I studied but there are tech roles every day. But in spite of so many jobs in tech, a lot of new developers struggle to get opportunities. I started being active in the tech community recently and I am meeting developers who have been coding for 5 to 7 years but have never had an opportunity. Talking with them has led me to discover that it's actually not the tech industry but a few of the reasons I am listing below.

1. You follow the trends: A lot of us developers love to focus on the sexy trendy stuff. Newsflash, what is sexy and trendy isn't used and even when used is used by very few companies. So millions of people who have struggled to learn the sexy stuff are all going to fight for those few roles out there. Take for example the latest coolest CSS framework tailwind. It's really cool and hyped up and it's like the go-to framework right now but the thing is in the industry people are still using bootstrap. People are learning tailwind but they don't know the number one CSS framework out there. Just because something is cool and sexy doesn't mean that everyone is going to switch to it overnight.

If you give junior developers a chance between Angular, React, and Vue. A lot of people are going to pick Vue. They will say it's sexy and cool and has a ton of GitHub stars. There are jobs using Vue but they are so few compared to React and Angular that you would be pigeonholing yourself by learning that. Theres a whole of difference between coding for fun and coding to get a job.

2. You have unrealistic expectations: This is something I usually see on Reddit cscareerquestions but it seems to becoming a norm amongst everybody. People believe that if your salary isnt starting at 100k USD a year or you dont work for a tech company, you arent a developer. Its so elitist and unfortunately a lot of developers in Nigeria are beginning to have this mindset. They learn HTML, CSS, JS. They have built absolutely no projects but because someone said you need the knowledge of DSA to get a job they immediately start grinding leetcode day and night with the hope of getting into Google. You learnt to code from a Udemy course and you really want to compete at DSAs with people who went to MIT. People who have been doing competitive programming since 5 years old. People who get gold medals at the international olympaids of informatics like its nothing. grin grin grin. Funny enough, I also had this mindset when I was learning to code but corrected myself later on. The truth is that not every tech job out there tests with DSA or needs knowledge of DSA and not everybody must work for a big tech company. This reasoning is so flawed. It is like saying every lawyer must work for law firms like wale olanipekun and co or every engineer must work for exxonmobil. There are a ton of jobs that will pay you well as a junior developer like really well and you need not struggle to get them. They wont test you with DSA. They would only look at the complexities of your projects and go through them with you. By well paid I am talking of 500k and above. Ask yourself how many people asking you to do DSA in Nigeria have not yet worked at Google. There are even whatsapp groups dedicated to DSA and if you cant solve one you are kicked out. The person giving you DSA is not working at Google or Facebook hmm give yourself a brain o.

3. You do not know how to cut off the bullshit from social media: There's so much information out there today but if you don't know how to cut off the bullshit from what you need, you would waste your time. A lot of influencers and creators are putting information out there for themselves. They follow the algorithms and put out what is going to give them the most value in terms of money for their time. If I put out WordPress content, nobody will watch it but if I go out there and make MERN stack tutorials I would be getting millions of views but to be truthful you do not need the MERN stack as a junior. No one is using MongoDB in prod. Very few websites use Nodejs. You are just limiting yourself with that. If you want to be a full stack developer look at things like C# and Java springboot. Those pay really really well and there are even certifications you can acquire in those frameworks that can help get you opportunities at enterprise companies that use them especially if you don't have a computer science degree.

4 Your projects are not worth paying for: People put out calculators, todo lists, tictactoe games and a lot of bullshit on their portfolio and wonder why they aren't getting interviews. You have applied for 100 jobs and haven't been called back and you absolutely do not know the reason why. Nobody is going to hire you with a to-do list and a calculator on your portfolio. Even if you get an interview, is a calculator something you are going to show your interviewer. What happened to making a social media application, a chat application, a blog, an analytic tool, a dashboard. Something that people actually use in the real world every day. I remember one of the first interviews I have, one of my projects was a payment application I used paystacks API for. Everything was done with HTML, CSS and Javascript and once my interviewer saw the project and the button I used to connect the API, he made an offer to me immediately. Your projects matter especially as a beginner. One solid project is better than 100 garbage projects.

5 You don't research: Honestly, in this tech thing, I take what everyone is saying as bullshit. The senior developer I work with an Australian guy was telling me to learn web assembly if I really want to get a job with visa sponsorship which I so desperately need. I am tired of remote especially doing it from this shithole zoo of a country. I went to Linkedin Jobs and various countries indeed websites and I couldn't even see up to 500 jobs total in web assembly. Why would I waste time learning something that has no jobs because it might be relevant in ten years. Nodejs came out in 2009 and it is still not relevant in 2021. What is the probability that web assembly will be relevant in 2031. Research. When people tell you to learn a technology. Go to linkedinjobs and indeed and check how many jobs exist for that technology worldwide. People always advise you from their own point of view but the point of view of a senior developer in America, Europe or Australia is not the same for you a junior developer in the world's poverty capital.

Tech pays provided you do it right men.
Chai me that want to go back to the University and study information technology again!! What do you advice me?
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by Hassanmaye(m): 6:47am On Feb 25, 2021
Karleb:
What is going on here? undecided
Go and sleep men are talking
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 25, 2021
I had to login & re-create the post again with my main account.
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by tosinhtml: 8:02am On Feb 25, 2021
cixak95211:

Now let me reply to you properly.
1. I was not hiding, if not I wouldn't even paste screenshots.
2. Just hate revealing too much information until when necessary
3. I presume you did not only see Andela there but saw others you chose to ignore and ONLY posted what would suit your arguments. Shame on you.
4. A team lead is a team lead, be it under internship or not, what matters is that I have led people who I am very sure are way better engineers than the aggrieved tensazangetsu20. A tech lead is a tech lead, be it under internship or not. Shame on you once more.
5. I have been a Tech Lead for 2 years plus at a job, I know you saw that, but chose to ignore it once again to buttress your arguments. Shame on you.
6. Not one, not two, not even three lost their jobs at Andela, it is not a hidden story. If I would still be there by now, I doubt it. Highest I have spent at a job was 48 months (2 years) before it gets boring and I switch.

So what the fuss were you trying to say? joke's on you fucker.
Please come again loud and clear this time.

BRO you are lying, you went and re-edited the post after you were called out. I had your Linkedin profile kept and saved in my PC.

You claimed you had 10 years experience, you also claimed to work as a Technical Lead in 2018 but you went and became an intern in 2019, does that even make sense to you?

Even your Linkedin profile was full of lies from the jump.

Anyway, let's all move on. Qtguru says we should cease personal attacks.

cc: qtguru, cixak95211, tensazangetsu20

1 Like

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:03am On Feb 25, 2021
spartan117:
What do you mean nobody is using mongodb in production
Something I used this week

This where I begin to question the credentials of who is making this claim. I work for a company that uses mongoDB with over 2 million read and write ops per day

1 Like

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:04am On Feb 25, 2021
cixak95211:
^ This was exactly what I was advocating but hmmm, a story for another day. I am currently a Lead Engineer in my present role and I don't even wish it on anybody, lol. The title sounds nice, but the workload is insane as I am responsible for any slight infrastructural breakdown that came thru codes. I have but only 2 eyes, so while I still churn out codes, I have to make sure the codes churned out by other teammates pass our CI/CD checkmarks. Most times I catch the bugs, a whole lot of times I fail to, requiring unplanned hotfixes. QA sucks by the way.
However, some people have opined that you don't need DSA unless you want to work at Google and Facebook which I find very, uhh, misleading and sad. I tried to correct that opinion, but the backlash since I have never worked at Google et al, I need to keep shut, hehehe
Then someone once said he has never seen an app built by a Nigerian that was bug-free. While that was over-bloated, cos no app is bug-free, but you get the idea. It all starts with these baby steps of no DSA and then it becomes problematic. Personally, I am trying to shift the culture back to how apps were built pre-flashy frameworks, where you gotta account for the craziest of tasks such as memory utilization and variable eviction.
Would you rather write bad codes and have money in your pocket as fast as you can or you would rather go hungry for a while but then hit your target.
The story long sha.

You need to change the process , no one can work like this efficiently for long.

If you don't need performance optimisation why do you want to go back to memory management? Does that help you solve a business problem?
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:12am On Feb 25, 2021
The dunking on DSAs is hilarious. Studying DSAs helps developers form a strong foundation that will serve them well throughout their career.

In my list of things to know to be a great dev.

1. Basic DSA , understand BigO.
2. Learn how to write clean code that someone else or you can read when you want to add a new feature in 6 months.
3. Learn how to breakdown a problem in pseudocode, that is without any programming language.
4. Learn and object oriented language
5. Learn a functional programming language.
6. Have a basic understanding of databases, SQL and NoSQL, when one makes sense over the other

It will be easy for you to pick up any new language or tech, when you have a strong foundation.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:15am On Feb 25, 2021
RemiAbdulSamad:

Boss your posts are always informative and eye opening.

Am learning to be a front end developer. Here are what I've learnt so far:

1. HTML
2. CSS
3. Sass
4. Bootstrap
5. JavaScript.

Am still learning JavaScript.

Once am done with Vanilla JavaScript, I hope to pick Vue or React.

I will like to learn Figma for UI/UX design. I'll like to be a front end developer and UI designer to increase my chance of getting a job.

Have a look at my portfolio = https://abdulsamad.xyz

Thanks boss

I will pick React over the other frameworks. There are more opportunities in React .

Also add Next.js
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by cixak95211: 8:15am On Feb 25, 2021
tosinhtml:

BRO you are lying, you went and re-edited the post after you were called out. I had your Linkedin profile kept and saved in my PC.

You claimed you had 10 years experience, you also claimed to work as a Technical Lead in 2018 but you went and became an intern in 2019, does that even make sense to you?

Even your Linkedin profile was full of lies from the jump.

Anyway, let's all move on. Qtguru says we should cease personal attacks.

cc: qtguru, cixak95211, tensazangetsu20

Let me forget it, but I am not one to edit my post because I was called out. NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL . . .My LinkedIn remains as-is untouched.
I only shared a snapshot of my CV from Google Drive . . you think you're smart but not half as smart. Take note of date "PAST YEAR" not yesterday
Plus I never claimed I had 10 years professional working experience . . . I have attended physical interviews
and have had my profile assessed and have been vetted. It's simple, pick up the phone and dial any of the companies on my screenshot and confirm.
I have written and passed engineering aptitude tests and DSA interviews. Your opinion of me does not matter! You're not smarter than those I work with and for, who vetted and interviewed me. You're a dumb nitwit but you know it not. And yes you can go from Team Lead to an internship.
There are a million engineers who lead their teams but crossed over and started out as interns, or better still L3 aka level one, glorified intern at FAANG. Don't argue, stick to HTML

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:23am On Feb 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Tech is honestly the best industry to get into right now. The opportunities are numerous. Almost every job vacancy out there is tech this tech that, developer this and developer that. I stayed in school for 4 years studying for a useless engineering degree and I have never in my life seen a vacancy for the rubbish I studied but there are tech roles every day. But in spite of so many jobs in tech, a lot of new developers struggle to get opportunities. I started being active in the tech community recently and I am meeting developers who have been coding for 5 to 7 years but have never had an opportunity. Talking with them has led me to discover that it's actually not the tech industry but a few of the reasons I am listing below.

1. You follow the trends: A lot of us developers love to focus on the sexy trendy stuff. Newsflash, what is sexy and trendy isn't used and even when used is used by very few companies. So millions of people who have struggled to learn the sexy stuff are all going to fight for those few roles out there. Take for example the latest coolest CSS framework tailwind. It's really cool and hyped up and it's like the go-to framework right now but the thing is in the industry people are still using bootstrap. People are learning tailwind but they don't know the number one CSS framework out there. Just because something is cool and sexy doesn't mean that everyone is going to switch to it overnight.

If you give junior developers a chance between Angular, React, and Vue. A lot of people are going to pick Vue. They will say it's sexy and cool and has a ton of GitHub stars. There are jobs using Vue but they are so few compared to React and Angular that you would be pigeonholing yourself by learning that. Theres a whole of difference between coding for fun and coding to get a job.

2. You have unrealistic expectations: This is something I usually see on Reddit cscareerquestions but it seems to becoming a norm amongst everybody. People believe that if your salary isnt starting at 100k USD a year or you dont work for a tech company, you arent a developer. Its so elitist and unfortunately a lot of developers in Nigeria are beginning to have this mindset. They learn HTML, CSS, JS. They have built absolutely no projects but because someone said you need the knowledge of DSA to get a job they immediately start grinding leetcode day and night with the hope of getting into Google. You learnt to code from a Udemy course and you really want to compete at DSAs with people who went to MIT. People who have been doing competitive programming since 5 years old. People who get gold medals at the international olympaids of informatics like its nothing. grin grin grin. Funny enough, I also had this mindset when I was learning to code but corrected myself later on. The truth is that not every tech job out there tests with DSA or needs knowledge of DSA and not everybody must work for a big tech company. This reasoning is so flawed. It is like saying every lawyer must work for law firms like wale olanipekun and co or every engineer must work for exxonmobil. There are a ton of jobs that will pay you well as a junior developer like really well and you need not struggle to get them. They wont test you with DSA. They would only look at the complexities of your projects and go through them with you. By well paid I am talking of 500k and above. Ask yourself how many people asking you to do DSA in Nigeria have not yet worked at Google. There are even whatsapp groups dedicated to DSA and if you cant solve one you are kicked out. The person giving you DSA is not working at Google or Facebook hmm give yourself a brain o.

3. You do not know how to cut off the bullshit from social media: There's so much information out there today but if you don't know how to cut off the bullshit from what you need, you would waste your time. A lot of influencers and creators are putting information out there for themselves. They follow the algorithms and put out what is going to give them the most value in terms of money for their time. If I put out WordPress content, nobody will watch it but if I go out there and make MERN stack tutorials I would be getting millions of views but to be truthful you do not need the MERN stack as a junior. No one is using MongoDB in prod. Very few websites use Nodejs. You are just limiting yourself with that. If you want to be a full stack developer look at things like C# and Java springboot. Those pay really really well and there are even certifications you can acquire in those frameworks that can help get you opportunities at enterprise companies that use them especially if you don't have a computer science degree.

4 Your projects are not worth paying for: People put out calculators, todo lists, tictactoe games and a lot of bullshit on their portfolio and wonder why they aren't getting interviews. You have applied for 100 jobs and haven't been called back and you absolutely do not know the reason why. Nobody is going to hire you with a to-do list and a calculator on your portfolio. Even if you get an interview, is a calculator something you are going to show your interviewer. What happened to making a social media application, a chat application, a blog, an analytic tool, a dashboard. Something that people actually use in the real world every day. I remember one of the first interviews I have, one of my projects was a payment application I used paystacks API for. Everything was done with HTML, CSS and Javascript and once my interviewer saw the project and the button I used to connect the API, he made an offer to me immediately. Your projects matter especially as a beginner. One solid project is better than 100 garbage projects.

5 You don't research: Honestly, in this tech thing, I take what everyone is saying as bullshit. The senior developer I work with an Australian guy was telling me to learn web assembly if I really want to get a job with visa sponsorship which I so desperately need. I am tired of remote especially doing it from this shithole zoo of a country. I went to Linkedin Jobs and various countries indeed websites and I couldn't even see up to 500 jobs total in web assembly. Why would I waste time learning something that has no jobs because it might be relevant in ten years. Nodejs came out in 2009 and it is still not relevant in 2021. What is the probability that web assembly will be relevant in 2031. Research. When people tell you to learn a technology. Go to linkedinjobs and indeed and check how many jobs exist for that technology worldwide. People always advise you from their own point of view but the point of view of a senior developer in America, Europe or Australia is not the same for you a junior developer in the world's poverty capital.

Teach people to learn how to learn that is what software engineering is all about. You have to keep learning things .

Saying NodeJs or MongoDb is irrelevant is myopic, however I do agree that the job market should help junior developers optimize their learning.

1 Like

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by tosinhtml: 8:24am On Feb 25, 2021
While you were an Intern at Andela in the same 2019, I was a SSE at Andela. Same with qtguru who is even at a higher position.
There are people on this thread who are Principal Engineers & they don't make noise.

You have a big ego for nothing & I won't indulge you.

cixak95211:

Let me forget it, but I am not one to edit my post because I was called out. NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL . . .My LinkedIn remains as-is untouched.
I only shared a snapshot of my CV from Google Drive . . you think you're smart but not half as smart.
Plus I never claimed I had 10 years professional working experience . . . I have attended physical interviews
and have had my profile assessed and have been vetted. It's simple, pick up the phone and dial any of the companies on my screenshot and confirm.
I have written and passed engineering aptitude tests and DSA interviews. Your opinion of me does not matter! You're not smarter than those I work with and for, who vetted and interviewed me. You're a dumb nitwit but you know it not. And yes you can go from Team Lead to an internship.
There are a million engineers who lead their teams but crossed over and started out as interns, or better still L3 aka level one, glorified intern at FAANG. Don't argue, stick to HTML

3 Likes

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by cixak95211: 8:28am On Feb 25, 2021
tosinhtml:
Alright, you have a big ego for nothing & I won't indulge you. Cheers.

Yes, sire, I sure do have one and proud of it . . If you've got it to flaunt it . . If it annoys you, I am just one zoom live video call away.
If you deem it fit, challenge me to a coding contest, let me show you why I am Team Lead.
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by Albertone(m): 8:31am On Feb 25, 2021
RemiAbdulSamad:
Thanks. May 2020

Nice!
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by qtguru(m): 8:31am On Feb 25, 2021
cixak95211:

I only shared a snapshot of my CV from Google Drive . . you think you're smart but not half as smart. Take note of date "PAST YEAR" not yesterday

The person you are calling out, was your former colleague and an Android Developer and a former classmate in Uni who handled alot of Projects, reasons why I said we should skip egos, He is beyond HTML, topics/bants like this does nothing for us. The same way you are my former collleague, let's all leave this behind.
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by Albertone(m): 8:35am On Feb 25, 2021
GeneralShepherd:
The dunking on DSAs is hilarious. Studying DSAs helps developers form a strong foundation that will serve them well throughout their career.

In my list of things to know to be a great dev.

1. Basic DSA , understand BigO.
2. Learn how to write clean code that someone else or you can read when you want to add a new feature in 6 months.
3. Learn how to breakdown a problem in pseudocode, that is without any programming language.
4. Learn and object oriented language
5. Learn a functional programming language.
6. Have a basic understanding of databases, SQL and NoSQL, when one makes sense over the other

It will be easy for you to pick up any new language or tech, when you have a strong foundation.

When should I start learning DSA?
I am still in the basics of Javascript.
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by qtguru(m): 8:35am On Feb 25, 2021
Albertone:

When should I start learning DSA?
I am still in the basics of Javascript.

I feel Java is the best for DSA, odd using JS but some do
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by cixak95211: 8:38am On Feb 25, 2021
qtguru:

The person you are calling out, was your former colleague and an Android Developer and a former classmate in Uni who handled alot of Projects, reasons why I said we should skip egos, He is beyond HTML, topics/bants like this does nothing for us. The same way you are my former collleague, let's all leave this behind.

Okay I apologize. After your post, I indeed moved on. But telling me I had to go edit my LinkedIn . . seriously? Like did he bother to check again if it was edited or not before making such claims? I apologize once again.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by cixak95211: 8:41am On Feb 25, 2021
tosinhtml:
There are people on this thread who are Principal Engineers & they don't make noise.

Noted. I apologize and take it back.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by aalphamuzammil: 8:41am On Feb 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Well!! Angular is a modern type of framework that allows organizing an integrated custom approach to solve tasks in a large and complex project. When it comes to angular development you need to hire angular developers from India as they more skilled to develop large projects
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by qtguru(m): 8:41am On Feb 25, 2021
cixak95211:

Okay I apologize. After your post, I indeed moved on. But telling me I had to go edit my LinkedIn . . seriously? Like did he bother to check again if it was edited or not before making such claims? I apologize once again.

Let's leave it behind, there is nothing to gain. we have two pages of insults where we could have just discussed and debated rather than insults. I see GeneralShepherd in the thread dishing out his opinion on DSA, we should have a discourse like that.

Some of us only know what we know due to where we work, others won't have that same privilege, the more reason we should be enlightening each other not attacking.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by Albertone(m): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2021
qtguru:

I feel Java is the best for DSA, odd using JS but some do

Okay thanks!
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 25, 2021
vioment:
Nice one op.

From my point of view, it is nice to learn five languages

For me, html, css, JavaScript, c++, and c#; then something like GO programming and mysql.

C++ for dope applications and electronics programming.
Use C for electronics, c++ is a clunky and highly unstable language.

1 Like

Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by YoungElefiku23: 10:36am On Feb 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

I love this
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 11:27am On Feb 25, 2021
GeneralShepherd:

I will pick React over the other frameworks. There are more opportunities in React .

Also add Next.js
Sure there are many opportunities for React devs but Vue is easier to learn than React. Am still contemplating on which one to learn
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by joelliving: 1:18pm On Feb 25, 2021
RemiAbdulSamad:
Sure there are many opportunities for React devs but Vue is easier to learn than React. Am still contemplating on which one to learn

Hi could u please add me to any WhatsApp group where ionic angular developers.
Ima new developer and I need to be in the company of people like u.
Or please let me have your WhatsApp number thanks.
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by joelliving: 1:20pm On Feb 25, 2021
[quote][/quote]

Hi could u please add me to any WhatsApp group where ionic angular developers.
Ima new developer and I need to be in the company of people like u.
Re: Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. by vioment: 4:15pm On Feb 25, 2021
SegFault:

Use C for electronics, c++ is a clunky and highly unstable language.

Thank you.

C for electronics is ideal but too long and redundant in my opinion.

I was integrating machine language, just for short cuts and understanding. But I will look into C more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? / President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira / Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.