Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,320 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde (24248 Views)

Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen / Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killing Of Enugu Pregnant Woman – Group / "Fulani Herdsmen Not Responsible For Killings" - Farmer's Association President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by EcoBrick: 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2021
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State on Saturday declared that herdsmen were not responsible for the killing of Dr. Fatai Aborode.

DAILY POST recalls that Aborode, a former House of Representatives candidate, was last year killed in Igangan, a town in Ibarapa North Local Government Area of the state by yet to be identified persons.

The killing and other killings, kidnapping and attacks in Ibarapa geopolitical zone have been attributed to suspected herdsmen.

Though, many people believed that the PDP chieftain was killed by suspected herdsmen, Makinde, however, said that that herdsmen were not responsible for the killing.

Makinde who spoke on Saturday morning during a program on the Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo State (because) monitored by DAILY POST said, ”Aborode’s killing is political.”

Makinde who noted that his interaction with the father of the deceased, insisted that the killing is “political”.

Makinde claimed he spent a night in Ibarapa geopolitical zone recently, adding that he interacted with the father of the deceased, who revealed that the death of his son was political.

He added that all the people involved in the killing would be investigated.

Makinde said, “I was the coordinator for PDP in Ibadan North East when Dr. Aborode was the coordinator for PDP in Ibarapa North Local government area when we returned to PDP.

“Dr. Aborode is not someone who is far from me. I am not saying that there are no bad eggs among the Fulani herdsmen, but, they are not the ones responsible for the killing.

“I spent two days in Ibarapa and I interacted with the people. I spoke with the father.

“I asked him what happened. They told me that, Dr. Aborode was not the one that drove himself to the farm. He was carried on the motorcycle when they were going. He sat at the back. But when they were coming, it was another person. I asked where is the person that drove the motorcycle, they said that he came to the house to seek help.

“They told me that some people who saw them during the interaction said that those people are not Fulani. They were speaking Yoruba.

“The father told me that the death was political. And I called the Commissioner of Police.

“I asked after the motorcyclist that carried him. They said that they did not injure him. He came home to seek help. And a few days ago, they said that they have brought the person. All of them must be investigated”.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/02/20/ibarapa-herdsmen-not-responsible-for-aborodes-killing-makinde/

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2021
Though, many people believed that the PDP chieftain was killed by suspected herdsmen, Makinde, however, said that herdsmen were not responsible for the killing.

I have said it and I will continue to say it... Fulani herdsmen are innocent. All the nonsense we read on social media is false. It's a case of give a dog a bad name and hang him... They hate the Fulanis cos of envy..

Reminds me of what my Pastor, Dr. Ebuka, told me some months ago. He told me that the Fulanis are the most hated in the Southern part of Nigeria, no thanks to envy. That whenever he reads of their persecution, the Biblical story of Joseph and his envious half brothers come to (his) mind.

According to him, Joseph (representing the Fulanis/Hausas/North), was loved so much by his father (Britain).. So much that his father, Israel(Britain), dressed him with a long coat of many colors (handing power to the North).. This act made his half brothers hate him..

As if that wasn't enough, the hatred worsened when Joseph revealed to them a dream that the Sun, Moon and 11 stars bowed down to him, implying that he was born to rule... It was this "born to rule" mentality that aggravated everything! Same mentality the Fulanis have.

But I wonder why my Christian brothers who see Joseph as the Hero are hating on the Fulanis when it's obvious that both stories are similar... Hypocrisy, right?

Anyway, Nigeria go better.

33 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Perfectsouth(m): 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2021
sometimes, it is better to keep shut and let people speculate if you are stupid or not than to open your mouth and let people confirm their speculations..

Whatever you say o governor is correct..
Even if you tell us there hasn't been killings in ibadan neither is there herdsmen, you are also correct

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by BraggaJ: 1:08pm On Feb 20, 2021
The way Makinde kiss Fulani ass nawadays eh, I don't understand. Maybe he has one of them as a girlfriend. He is so afraid to offend them that, since he signed the anti open-grazing law in his state two years ago, not a single cow has been arrested for violating it. That's why herdsmen are roaming about the state and creating problems. I just don't understand.

98 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 20, 2021
It is so sad that peaceful fulani people are being labelled killers by indigenes who most of the times are the real killers.

Political thugs now blame fulani after committing crimes for their master.

Let it be known that Most of the robberies on benin ore road are done by indigenes but these indigenes have found a creative way to blame fulanis through the help of FAKENEWS.

May God help Children of satan, i just hope their FAKENEWS wont create war oneday in Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Odua1stson: 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2021
This bastard will not die well, everybody knows say nah fulani killed this man and you dey there dey deny sey no be dem, dis guy na confirmed fulani slave.
All yoruba betrayals will never know peace and all they have will perish

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Akiara: 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2021
NA THEIR WAY....ITS POLITICAL SUFFERSTICATION.

21 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Kriss216: 1:10pm On Feb 20, 2021
It is now obvious, all Southern leaders are Fulani slaves!

God bless MNK
God bless Igboho

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Fahdiga(m): 1:10pm On Feb 20, 2021
Shameless man. maybe he is afraid of one slap from the Fulanis

25 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by ERockson: 1:10pm On Feb 20, 2021
Mumu governor! Makinde has absolved the herdsmen when the investigation is yet to be concluded.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by PureMe01: 1:11pm On Feb 20, 2021
I no get wetin I wan talk for SW/SE/SS politicians

36 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by myami: 1:11pm On Feb 20, 2021
Some bunch of narcissistic elements will just be killing people anyhow and all the govt could do is absolve them of any blame.

15 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Iamgrey5(m): 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2021
Well I watched the program live on B.C.O.S (Oyostate television) this morning.

The new thing I learnt about the whole saga was that the late Dr Aborinde was actually a politician and a member of the PDP, we didn't know this angle all this while.

So there's a good chance that there are some political actors trying to hide under the Fulani herdsmen crises to score a political point.

However, I also watched how he(Makinde) tried to dodge the Wakali(or whatever his name is) issue.

The truth here is that Wakali was eventually confronted by locals, so while some locals lost their lives, Wakali also lost some men and they brokered a deal.

So in essence, there are two sides to this Fulani herdsmen crises just like every other story.

Hence, while one cannot deny that politicians are trying to use the Fulani herdsmen crises to score cheap political points across all spectrums, one cannot deny the fact that the Fulani herdsmen crises also exist.

Asgard13:

AND WE DIDNT READ OF WAKILL WAR ? SO TEY THE BROKER PEACE AND WE NO HEAR

YORUBA AND MOUTH EH

THIS ONE NA ANOTHER PROPAGANDA TO END WAKILL’s KINGDOM

ALL NA LIE
WAKILL IS STILL IN CHARGE OF 10 COMMUNITIES IN YORUBA LAND

EVIDENCE AND PROVE OF YORUBA PEOPLE FIGHTING WAKILL
WHO LED THE FIGHT
HOW MANY WHERE KILL

UNA NO SABI LIE

WVEN THE NATION NEWSPAPER NO CARRY THE NEWS
EVEN NA FAKE BLOG

NO DEY LIE CARELESS
@ emboldened

You didn't hear that the late Dr Aborinde was a politician until today when Makinde said it either

I learnt about Wakali's story because my new bulding site in Ibadan is located only 30 mins from Eruwa the Ibarapa capital.

If you are so interested in learning about the true situation of things and why mischievous people like you are no longer reporting about it, you should make your way to Ibarapa to find out the truth.

9 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by AtikuNetwork: 1:18pm On Feb 20, 2021
He may be right. Most of the socalled herdsmen killings in the South are fake news to paint Fulanis bad. Sunday Igboho was acting on fake news. Don't believe most of the Fulani herdsmen news you read in the media. It is mostly fake news.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 20, 2021
I thought this was the same man that created Amoetekun before any other state

Is he under a spell or they found something to blackmail him with

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 20, 2021
AtikuNetwork:
He may be right. Most of the socalled herdsmen killings in the South are fake news to paint Fulanis bad. Sunday Igboho was acting on fake news. Don't believe most of the Fulani herdsmen news you read in the media. It is mostly fake news.
Coming from a pro Fulani Atiku ass licker

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by butterfly777(m): 1:24pm On Feb 20, 2021
ehn ehn?
Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Siwisheswereesh: 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2021
What nonsense is Makinde saying for chrissake

Is he trying to say Igboho doesn't know what he is doing

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 20, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
It is so sad that peaceful fulani people are being labelled killers by indigenes who most of the times are the real killers.

Political thugs now blame fulani after committing crimes for their master.

Let it be known that Most of the robberies on benin ore road are done by indigenes but these indigenes have found a creative way to blame fulanis through the help of FAKENEWS.

May God help Children of satan, i just hope their FAKENEWS wont create war, oneday in Nigeria.
even if fulanis are responsible for 30% of what they are accused of (miyetti alah and other fulanis groups actually own up to what they are doing), they should leave .
how does a foreigner being to annex territory without consent or buying from the host ? it's only a parasite that does such

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2021
The more the days go by, the more I hail Kanu's genius in bypassing these bastards,

They are more interested in packing garri and rice pre election because they know they people would still defend them,

We need to wake up FAST!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Asgard13: 1:53pm On Feb 20, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Well I watched the program live on B.C.O.S (Oyostate television) this morning.

The new thing I learnt about the whole saga was that the late Dr Aborinde was actually a politician and a member of the PDP, we didn't know this angle all this while.

So there's a good chance that there are some political actors trying to hide under the Fulani herdsmen crises to score a political point.

However, I also watched how he(Makinde) tried to dodge the Wakali(or whatever his name is) issue.

The truth here is that Wakali was eventually confronted by locals, so while some locals lost their lives, Wakali also lost some men and they brokered a deal.

So in essence, there are two sides to this Fulani herdsmen crises just like every other story.

Hence, while one cannot deny that politicians are trying to use the Fulani herdsmen crises to score cheap political points across the spectrum, one cannot deny the fact that the Fulani herdsmen crises also exist.

AND WE DIDNT READ OF WAKILL WAR ? SO TEY THE BROKER PEACE AND WE NO HEAR

YORUBA AND MOUTH EH

THIS ONE NA ANOTHER PROPAGANDA TO END WAKILL’s KINGDOM

ALL NA LIE
WAKILL IS STILL IN CHARGE OF 10 COMMUNITIES IN YORUBA LAND

EVIDENCE AND PROVE OF YORUBA PEOPLE FIGHTING WAKILL
WHO LED THE FIGHT
HOW MANY WHERE KILL

UNA NO SABI LIE

WVEN THE NATION NEWSPAPER NO CARRY THE NEWS
EVEN NA FAKE BLOG

NO DEY LIE CARELESS

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Letthrmsay(m): 1:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
Asgard13:
YORUBA EH KWA

THEY KILL THEMSELVES AND PRETEND HERDSMEN DID

COWARDS HIDING UNDEE HERDSMEN TO COMMIT CRIME

Eleribu .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by yeyeboi(m): 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by tbtosine(m): 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2021
Another one !

I guess they know more than we do. If truly the father of the deceased affirm that his son death is political and not heardsmen. Why are we just brief about that now ? Does he not aware of that before same people fron the same area allege herdsmens for the killing ?
Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Kay17: 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2021
Are we sure that bandits are not these herdsmen?
Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2021
angry

Senseless man

Who is now responsible?

We are tired of this unholy alliance with savage killers!

Share this nonsense and let everyone go there separate ways in peace.

We don't need their cow meat, we can make our own.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by SoulMus: 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2021
Chief defender of Fulani Herdsmen

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Crimrburster: 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2021
Lol
Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by MrAligator: 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2021
Below is a post I made some years back. I still don't want to believe it.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde by Cantonese: 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2021
SilverNorGold:

I have said it and I will continue to say it... Fulani herdsmen are innocent. All the nonsense we read on social media is false. It's a case of give a dog a bad name and hang him... They hate the Fulanis cos of envy..

Reminds me of what my Pastor, Dr. Ebuka, told me some months ago. He told me that the Fulanis are the most hated in the Southern part of Nigeria, no thanks to envy. That whenever he reads of their persecution, the Biblical story of Joseph and his envious half brothers come to (his) mind.

According to him, Joseph (representing the Fulanis/Hausas/North), was loved so much by his father (Britain).. So much that his father, Israel(Britain), dressed him with a long coat of many colors (handing power to the North).. This act made his half brothers hate Joseph.. As if that wasn't enough, the hatred worsened when the SW noticed that President Muhammadu Buhari was making efforts to woo GEJ or the South East.. This and the other reasons are responsible for the open hatred they have for the Hausa-Fulani..

But I wonder why my Christian brothers who see Joseph as the Hero are hating on the Fulanis when it's obvious that both stories are similar... Hypocrisy, right?

Anyway, Nigeria go better.

Make we hear something.
And you have not heard Fulanis speaking fluent Yoruba?

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onaiyekan: It Makes No Sense To Swear In 'riggers' Whose Cases Are In Court / Anambra Most Indigenous Industrialized State / Only True Federalism Can Resolve Nigeria’s Problems – Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.