Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? (3685 Views)

Protest Against America Now: Let 's Unite And Say 'no' Like Nigeriens Did / For Southerners Only / 2019: Let’s Unite And Remove Buhari From Office – Wike Tells PDP Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 21, 2021
The same issues we face in Nigeria would be the same issues a united South would face

Throw in the fact that we rely on the North for most of our food, and the fact that we are an import dependent economy

Plus most of the people clamoring for Nigerian division are doing so because ttheir side lost in 2015.

Nigeria is a contraption. But the alternatives are no better. Sorry, but that is the fact.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Bashir75: 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2021
omoharry:
what are u all arguing about ? If we must have a southern Nigeria then it has to be in a federation unit system in that every state will be independent and pay tax to the federal govt ..It could be like the United Kingdom, where every state or region will have to manage thier own affairs independently, then pay tax to the federal govt ..We could run a parliamentary system of govt instead of the presidential system .We must all look at the positive side over the negative things that devide us.But before we become a nation, there must be a road map by our intelligent mind across the south on how to build a new southern Nigeria that is devoid of ethic& religious prejudice that that is presently destroying Nigeria .
Measures must place to reduce these evil factors . Finally, a referendum clause must be included in our constitution to provide freedom for any ethnic national that want out of the union in the future . By doing that ,it will mean that every ethnic group is part of southern Nigeria without duress .
We need to a way out if this hell we call a large country .
I would rather live in a smaller secured south Nigeria than in an unsecured bigger Nigeria where nepotism and ethics hatred strive .

My brother, I will love to live peacefully too. Note this your point "Nigeria than in an unsecured bigger Nigeria where nepotism and ethics hatred strive” Very correct, Nepotism and Ethnic hatred is why we cannot live with the Igbo. Go and learn history and study your environment. How many Igbo businesses have hired Yorubas? Go to Ojuelegba, Iba, Festac, Alaba and wherever they have businesses, they will rather bring their new brothers from village than hiring Yorubas. This is still on our land in SW not Igboland.

Secondly, they will destroy the peaceful coexistence between the Yoruba multi religious society by playing us against each other just to get power. If you’re a Yoruba christian and don’t do their biddings , they call you fake pastors and if you’re muslim Yoruba and don’t support their desire, they call you slave of fulani. But, when they’re the one slaving with Fulani, that’s normal.

The Yoruba will do well being alone with their destiny in their hand.

7 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Greenback: 5:18am On Feb 23, 2021
omenka:
I can tolerate a united South as a country. A united South that comprises the South West, South South and parts of Middle Belt. Anything that includes the South East, count me out.

Will you shut up and get out of here!!!!!
Who the hell invites you here!!!!

Abomination!!! Tufiakwa!!!
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Greenback: 5:23am On Feb 23, 2021
SoulMus:

This would have been the very best option.. Fulani and Ibos seem to be different side of same coins and that's why they really can't merge well without dominating attempt or so funny behaviours

Middle belt, Hausa, Yoruba, Old Bendel, and Ijaw itshekiri share close history without any conflicts

Abomination!!!!
Count us South south out of this your accursed projected union.
I wonder what is wrong with people like you...
Imagine,middle belt,Hausa!!!!

Abomination...

You are part of the problem the south west..

Abomination..
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Greenback: 5:27am On Feb 23, 2021
Bashir75:

My brother, I will love to live peacefully too. Note this your point "Nigeria than in an unsecured bigger Nigeria where nepotism and ethics hatred strive” Very correct, Nepotism and Ethnic hatred is why we cannot live with the Igbo. Go and learn history and study your environment. How many Igbo businesses have hired Yorubas? Go to Ojuelegba, Iba, Festac, Alaba and wherever they have businesses, they will rather bring their new brothers from village than hiring Yorubas. This is still on our land in SW not Igboland.

Secondly, they will destroy the peaceful coexistence between the Yoruba multi religious society by playing us against each other just to get power. If you’re a Yoruba christian and don’t do their biddings , they call you fake pastors and if you’re muslim Yoruba and don’t support their desire, they call you slave of fulani. But, when they’re the one slaving with Fulani, that’s normal.

Just see and hear what a human being is saying!!!!!
Shame!
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Greenback: 5:31am On Feb 23, 2021
SoulMus:

Let me ask you a simple question?!

Did you also type this to the Ibo guy

Iammo you will never change!!!!
Hatred and bitterness is a bad thing and it does no one any good.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Greenback: 5:39am On Feb 23, 2021
Ekealterego:

I don't think anyone mentioned the North here. This is a southern affair. Nobody invited you.

Just imagine him type that rubbish!!!!

Southerners like that solmous are really a big issue to be addressed
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Omoluabi1stborn: 6:10am On Feb 23, 2021
Omoslim26:

Hmm so you are saying in essence dat if the other regions decide dat ok we are done with dis union we all want out the North will still opposs

pls elinghten us more

He's correct.
On a normal ground Igbo's and South south are tired of this country.

Once Yoruba tap in and join them in saying okay, then its over for Nigeria.

But now, I still feel Yorubas are the one holding this country together

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by orisa37: 7:20am On Feb 23, 2021
The Fulanis are not NIGERIANS. They're IMMIGRANTS. If the South unite to move out of NIGERIA, the Fulanis would have won the Contest. NIGERIA BELONGS TO NIGERIANS AND THAT EXCLUDE THE. IMMIGRANTS FROM FUTA DJALON.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by orisa37: 7:30am On Feb 23, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
We would be like Mali, Chad, Niger, Sudan and Northern Nigeria,
That is the fate of the south, and like a people in a trance, we would follow them into the pit of hell because we can't take responsibility

YORUBAS use KOBOKO, HORSE WHIPS AND STEEL CHAINS, TO FLOG DEMENTIA OUT OF THE AFFECTED.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Bashir75: 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2021
Greenback:

Shame!

Because my kind of human being applies his brain not emotions. Why are you not bold enough to have your Biafraland you desire yearned. Why must my people, my destiny, my land and my heritage be tied to your destiny. Go n use your jewish brains to make your land sustainable for your tribesmen.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Danzakidakura(m): 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2021
Naijabad:
Why can't the south unite and move out of Nigeria?

Why is it so difficult?

We can choose whatever name to call the emerging country.

Please what's your opinion on this?
because of Yoruba Muslims.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by 7lives: 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2021
Bede2u:
and because of all these points u have listed, that is the reason why yoruba prefer to remain in nigeria abi?

When did Yoruba political decision become your headache?.
Ewure to da IFA nu l'oro yin, ohun na la ma pada fi ko, shior.
Anyway I hate southern Nigeria, Olorun o ni je, let everyone answer their fathers names.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Greenback: 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2021
Bashir75:

Because my kind of human being applies his brain not emotions. Why are you not bold enough to have your Biafraland you desire yearned. Why must my people, my destiny, my land and my heritage be tied to your destiny. Go n use your jewish brains to make your land sustainable for your tribesmen.
I'm not Igbo... I'm Edo,where are you from?
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by bettyharry101: 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2021
Godarz:
The same issues we face in Nigeria would be the same issues a united South would face

Throw in the fact that we rely on the North for most of our food, and the fact that we are an import dependent economy

Plus most of the people clamoring for Nigerian division are doing so because ttheir side lost in 2015.

Nigeria is a contraption. But the alternatives are no better. Sorry, but that is the fact.
you are a very funny creature .I can’t imagine that you still stuck with an election that has come & gone . Oga, People are being raped,kidnapped & killed on a daily basis and the only thing Your feeble mind can think about is how some people lost out in the election of 2015?
Pls wake up from your utopia world that you are and kiss reality my friend .Maybe when these evil that is plaguing other people touches your side, then maybe your brain can reset and fall back to reality .

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by bettyharry101: 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2021
Godarz:

you are a very funny creature .I can’t imagine that you still stuck with an election that has come as gone .
Oga, People are being raped, kidnapped & killed on a daily basis and the only thing Your feeble mind can think off, is how some people lost out in the election 2015? Are u really for real? Pls wake up from that utopia world you happen to live in( except you are Fulani itself ) and kiss reality my friend .Maybe when these evil that is plaguing Nigerians touches your side, then your brain will reset and fall back to reality .
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Givaxy: 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2021
EzeNri:

By the time we blow up the Imo pipeline that supplies gas to Lagos, your conehead will reset.

Your two cups of oil from Ijawland in Ondo will not save you
No be only ijawland na efikland
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:06am On Feb 24, 2021
bettyharry101:
you are a very funny creature .I can’t imagine that you still stuck with an election that has come as gone .
Oga, People are being raped, kidnapped & killed on a daily basis and the only thing Your feeble mind can think off, is how some people lost out in the election 2015? Are u really for real? Pls wake up from that utopia world you happen to live in( except you are Fulani itself ) and kiss reality my friend .Maybe when these evil that is plaguing Nigerians touches your side, then your brain will reset and fall back to reality .

My not supporting the division of Nigeria does not mean you cannot pursure your dream.of splitting nigeria

Plus , why abuse me ? Did i abuse you.?
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by Mide1data: 11:21am On Dec 08, 2021
HOLY SHIT

That's exactly what I want. South Nigeria would be a good name. Or maybe UAR Could also be good. Three united regions living peacefully, it would be really beautiful.

WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENING

Danzakidakura:

HOLY SHIT
4 give them na, we all regret voting bubu.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2022
Bede2u:
and because of all these points u have listed, that is the reason why yoruba prefer to remain in nigeria abi?

If Yoruba wanted to remain in Nigeria, their leader wouldn't have suggested having a secession clause in the constitution pre-independence, when it was convenient to do so.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2022
Bashir75:

There cannot be unity in the South until every one knows their boundaries. The Scottish, Irish, English people all in the UK know their national and cultural boundaries. The Obaship system in the South West, for instance, predated the coming of the Europeans. Respect is reciprocal and until this is well understood, there may not be the expected unity.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by NigerianAngelo(m): 1:23pm On Apr 09, 2022
You are perfectly right.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 1:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
Greenback:

Shame!

The guy you replied to has said nothing but the truth. Did you observe that more Yoruba people prefer to travel out of Nigeria than going to some other regions in Nigeria?

The South can only be united in a well defined confederation where the South South, South East, and South West are autonomous countries within a bigger country similar to what obtains in the United Kingdom and the United Arab Emirates. Everyone should stay in their regions while the regions cooperate only on strategical areas that must be legally defined and documented.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2022

Definitely not.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by redsun(m): 1:42pm On Apr 09, 2022
Moving out of nigeria for any region will not be physical or geographical. It is going to be mental and orientational emancipation. People need to do things differently and accountably for things to change for them. The need to holistically sift the chaff from the wheat.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 1:42pm On Apr 09, 2022
Omoluabi1stborn:

He's correct.
On a normal ground Igbo's and South south are tired of this country.

Once Yoruba tap in and join them in saying okay, then its over for Nigeria.

But now, I still feel Yorubas are the one holding this country together

The glaring truth is that the South South wants out of Nigeria but they don't want to be tied to the apron of either the Ibos or the Yorubas. They want to be an autonomous region on their own. The current South South is made up of part of the old South Eastern region and the entire old Midwestern region. The Midwestern region was carved out of the old Western region in June 1963 when Zik was the Governor General and Tafawa was the Prime Minister. Before the Nigerian independence of October 1, 1960, there was nothing like Midwestern region. In other words, the South South of today is made up of part of the old Western region and part of the old Eastern region. The Ibos in particular must listen to the yearnings of the modern day South South region to be autonomous, otherwise there may be the re-emergence of what happened during the Civil War when the Biafran soldiers invaded the Midwestern region before taking a break at Ore in the present day Ondo State.
Re: For Southerners Only: Why Can't The South Unite And Move Out Of Nigeria? by MDM2021: 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2022
Danzakidakura:

Because of those who are leaving their land in droves to invade Yoruba land while at the same time are accusing the Fulanis of doing the same thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You May Never Know How Deep Nigeria Have Sunk Until You Read This / Identity Theft: Another Picture Of Donald Duke As A Boy Surfaces / Hope Of LP Winning One Guber Seat Fades As Otti Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.