Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? (205 Views)

I Urgently Needs A Husband, I Don’t Care About Age & Money – White Woman / Lying About Your Age During Marriage: See What The Law Says / 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? by vivysparkles(f): 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2021
Catholics in the house,

My fiance is 11 years younger than I am (32 vs 21). We live in the US but are planning to marry in portharcourt. Do they ask for age in marriage banns form? Should we lie about our age when filling out paperwork?
Re: Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? by Dumas32(m): 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2021
Don't lie about your age, if they don't accept you guys, go elsewhere and wed. Life is to simple to be thinking about all these, the most important thing is are you happy with him being in your life? If yes, go live your life and enjoy your time together.
Re: Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? by vivysparkles(f): 6:54pm On Feb 20, 2021
Dumas32:
Don't lie about your age, if they don't accept you guys, go elsewhere and wed. Life is to simple to be thinking about all these, the most important thing is are you happy with him being in your life? If yes, go live your life and enjoy your time together.

My parents aren't aware of the age gap and any potential drama from the church will cause them embarrassment
Re: Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? by waleademolaa: 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2021
No they don't ask, is not their business. I'm a Catholic

(1) (Reply)

Factory Reset / Women Are The Source Of Corruption In The World / How To Emotionally Satisfy A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.