Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,167 members, 7,780,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:35 AM

Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa (26101 Views)

How The Hausa/Yoruba Clash In Shasha Market, Ibadan Started - Eyewitness (Video) / Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General / Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by bolaayenimo: 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2021
Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, says divisive utterances by some Southwest governors were responsible for the killings in Sasha market in Ibadan, Oyo State and other violence against northerners in the region.

A crisis had on February 18 erupted in Shaha following an argument that ensued between a pregnant Yoruba woman and a Hausa businessman.

Following the development, many were killed while many houses were burnt, which rendered thousands of Hausa residents homeless.

Speaking in an interview with BBC Hausa Service, Lawan attributed the violence to the latest call for the eviction of Fulani herders out of Southwestern states.

“Leadership failures in the region cause what happened in Oyo State and other things that kept happening in the Southwestern states,” he said.

“Some utterances by some governors also went a long way in inciting the citizens to take up arms against other ethnic groups settling in their states.

“The governors’ utterances emboldened the criminals to unleash violence against the northerners.”

Rotimi Akeredolu, governor of Ondo state, had last month issued a seven-day quit notice to Fulani herdsmen operating illegally in the state’s forest reserves.

Apart from ejecting the herdsmen, the governor also banned underage grazing, night grazing, and cattle movement within the cities and on highways.

The issue generated an uproar, and after a meeting with various stakeholders, Akeredolu asked herdsmen to register with the government to operate unhindered in the forest reserves.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/20/swest-governors-responsible-killings-sasha-market-others-%E2%80%93-senate-president-lawan

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Jooade(m): 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2021
undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Karemarealty288(m): 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2021
These people just want power to remain in the north

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by vanbonattel: 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Iamgrey5(m): 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2021
I have reservations about Sahara news lately.

Although if he Indeed said this, then perhaps he doesn't know that his statement is actually an inciting statement too.

He forgot the terrorist cattle rearing association, he forgot Bauchi governor, he forgot Garba Sehu putting his mouth in something that doesn't concern him.

123 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Odua1stson: 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2021
I don't blame this man but i blame our govs in southwest, if they are not fulani ass lickers they would have done the needful by banning these fucking terrorist fulani herdsmen from entering yorubaland.
That is why i like these people they always supporting their kinsmen in anything be it bad or good but here our foolish govs will be the first to sell you out

168 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by orisa37: 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2021
THE YOBE MAN. MAYBE HE HAS DEMENTIA TOO.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Monogamy: 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2021
Believe Sahara deserted at your own peril

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by myobjective: 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2021
Iamgrey5:
I have reservations about Sahara news lately.

Although if he Indeed said this, then perhaps he doesn't know that his statement is actually as inciting.

I listen to the BBC Hausa interview, he did say that.

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by mike404(m): 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2021
angry EVERY REASONABLE YORUBA NAIRALANDER SHOULD NOT TAKE ANY ADVISE FROM MUSTAPHA AKA SOULMUS THATFAIRGUY THATFAIRGUY1 SEUNSMG AND SEUNLAYI IF YOU MUST WIN THIS WAR AGAINST FULANI HERDSMEN IN THE SOUTH WEST. THESE GUYS MENTIONED ABOVE ARE THE WILLING TOOLS OF THE CALIPHATE SENT TO DESTABILIZE SOUTHERNERS NIGERIA. ASK YOURSELF, WHAT REASONABLE STATEMENT HAVE THEY MADE CONCERNING THE JIHAD FULANIS ARE CARRYING OUT IN THE SOUTH WEST. THE ONLY THING THEY KNOW BE SAY TINUBU GO BECOME PRESIDENT IN 2023.

NA PERSON WEY DEY ALIVE DEY THINK ABOUT TOMORROW O.

YORUBA ROONU

136 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by nedu666: 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2021
Northern politicians defend northerners everywhere, everytime, anywhere.

Southern politicians deny, abuse, ridiclue, humilitate southerners everywhere, everytime, anywhere.

When nothern politicians roar, southerner politicians crawl under the table

116 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Monogamy: 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2021
myobjective:

What do you intend to gain with this lies?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by mike404(m): 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
Monogamy:

What do you intend to gain with this lies?

HELINUES CHECK THE SOURCE.

ABEG WETIN HAPPEN TO YOUR HELINUES MONIKER SEF grin

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Monogamy: 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2021
mike404:
HELINUES CHECK THE SOURCE.

ABEG WETIN HAPPEN TO YOUR HELINUES MONIKER SEF grin

Very obvious you are lying...

Too poor, too bad for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by mike404(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2021
Monogamy:

Very obvious you are lying...

Too poor, too bad for you
ATTACK THE MESSAGE HELINUES

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Monogamy: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
mike404:
ATTACK THE MESSAGE HELINUES

Who is Helinues?

Btw, I didn't even quote you from the onset...

Don't be a mischievous fellow

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Never4getU: 8:02pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hypocrites of the highest order! Who not to blame? Southwest govs are responsible for appointment if service chiefs?

I supposed northerners wanted a situation where Fulanis would kill everyone and left no body while the region's govs who swore oath to protect lives and properties of the citizens under his purview.

A true leader don't swore allegiance or loyalty to individual but to state as enshrined.

8 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by mike404(m): 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2021
Monogamy:

Who is Helinues?

Btw, I didn't even quote you from the onset...

Don't be a mischievous fellow
SWEAR TO GOD THAT YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OMUARO AND HELINUES MONIKER.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Iamgrey5(m): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2021
myobjective:

Then in that Case, he is actually very silly and most likely a bigot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Monogamy: 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2021
mike404:
SWEAR TO GOD THAT YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OMUARO AND HELINUES MONIKER.

You are not talking to a kiddo...

Swear for what? Even after swearing , what then?

Please, carry your nonsense elsewhere
Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Monogamy: 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Then he is actually very silly.

And you believed the guy which is known for lieing everywhere on NL.

Na wah for you oo
Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by mike404(m): 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2021
Monogamy:

You are not talking to a kiddo...

Swear for what? Even after swearing , what then?

Please, carry your nonsense elsewhere
NAIRALANDERS I HOPE SAY UNA DEY WATCH. NA ME GET THESE TAQIYYA GANG MEDICINE. grin

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by mike404(m): 8:08pm On Feb 20, 2021
IAMGREY5 WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TRUTH embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Iamgrey5(m): 8:10pm On Feb 20, 2021
Monogamy:

And you believed the guy which is known for lieing everywhere on NL.

Na wah for you oo
The guy behind the Myobjective moniker is a confirm Yoruba guy from North central that lives in the North and understands Hausa language.

I have known his moniker for a while on nairaland and I believe him.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Monogamy: 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2021
Iamgrey5:
The guy behind the Myobjective moniker is a confirm Yoruba guy from North central that lives in the North and understands Hausa language.

I have know his moniker for a while on nairaland and I believe him.

Let me just waka pass

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by LegendHero(m): 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2021
SW governors will reply soon.

I trust Akeredolu.

Now I believe A̳L̳L̳ these Northern leaders are mentally weak and no matter how learned they are, they still reason like yabaleft patients.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Dyke15(m): 9:00pm On Feb 20, 2021
Na South West do their self Sha
They were warned about this bloody romance right from 2015 but Dem no hear
2019 cum, Dem still no hear undecided
Any day this bandits kill as much as they do in South West in both South East/ South South ba, na that day 9ja go break and they know that coz na wetin boys dey wait for
I no carry water for mouth
Boys dey Creek dey wait them

20 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Rugaria: 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2021
These are the people who will find lasting solutions to the problems.. This hippopotamus

5 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Luckydubby7(m): 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hmm
Northern leaders can cooperate.
Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Hellraiser77: 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2021
Lol, Husband and wife matter

24 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan Blames South-West Governors For Killings In Shasha Market, Ibarapa by Moferere: 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2021
See this one, you think sey AKEREDOLU send una

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recall Ben Llewellyn-Jones - Femi Fani-Kayode Tells British Government / Jim Obazee Requests Over N2 Billion From CBN Governor, Officials Concerned / Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.