Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women (39671 Views)

Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria / Single Ladies In Search Of Husbands Rock Wedding Gowns To Church Service (Video) / Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Hassanmaye(m): 9:28am On Feb 21, 2021
Adebowalay:
Men Men,I repeat Men...how many times I call una make una try marry na...is not fair o, na sanctioning una Just dey do like say na aboki suya...is not good na...although mine own single fatherness get why...my ex na idiot...and I don lock up completely untop woman mata..but single guys haven't tried marriage at all..make una sef try una luck... grin grin
Why do you remove your hands from the there matter, they show you pepper
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Goldenklassy: 9:30am On Feb 21, 2021
male and female He created them God has a purpose for everyone maritally
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by wonder233: 9:38am On Feb 21, 2021
I pity this country, marriage is our number one problem. We really don't care about the economy, about politics about security, about improving our lives. All we care about is marriage and relationships.

5 Likes

Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Liposure: 9:42am On Feb 21, 2021
PhenomenalAustin:
grin grin

''... and on that day, they will take hold of 1 man and all 7 of them will say, marry us and save us from reproach, for we will eat our food and drink our wine.. Just marry us''

E dn dy happen
"and i will say pay my groomprice"

1 Like

Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Drizzy5001(m): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2021
Why scarcity of husband no go dey, when una go dey find "the perfect man" grin
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Patrioticman007(m): 9:57am On Feb 21, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
I remembered arguing with my Muslim friend that polygamy is not the antidote to women lacking husbands.

You can marry 4 wives and each of them give birth to multiple of girls.

Let's agree to your ratio of each wife having 4 daughters & 1 son each then the problem is solved if every male is made to marry 4 wifes in a state of emergency.
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Hassanmaye(m): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
If this kind of scarcity no hit IMO state in the nearest future, call me custard..
You can send them to us please to marry
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Hassanmaye(m): 10:08am On Feb 21, 2021
ITbomb:
The Future is WeMen
Is like you want to shake table Abi sapphire will come for you
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by eastOFwest(m): 10:27am On Feb 21, 2021
mike404:
GOMBE STATE HERE I COME grin

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:28am On Feb 21, 2021
authority2006:

Along with multiple boys too. Or, the boys go vex no come join because I don't understand?

There has never been a proof that people that practice polygamy have lesser number of single ladies.

God has always made women in excess to avoid fights amongst men.
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Felabrity: 10:28am On Feb 21, 2021
All their men are probably in the south, hustlib
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by HaneefahRN(f): 10:59am On Feb 21, 2021
Scarcity of good, rich responsible men. The bad economy is a factor, also parents tend to train daughters better and expect the boys to magically be trained leaving well-trained educated ladies with irresponsible poorly trained men.

2 Likes

Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by HaneefahRN(f): 11:01am On Feb 21, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

There has never been a proof that people that practice polygamy have lesser number of single ladies.

God has always made women in excess to avoid fights amongst men.
The population of women in the World is not more than men. I don't know where people manufactured their weird, false statistics from.
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:02am On Feb 21, 2021
HaneefahRN:

The population of women in the World is not more than men. I don't know where people manufactured their weird, false statistics from.

Can you help with statistical proof?

1 Like

Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by HaneefahRN(f): 11:10am On Feb 21, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

Can you help with statistical proof?

A simple google search will give you more than enough proof.
Even around us for every female only family (children) you will see families with only male children. The factors that bring about scarcity of husbands is beyond the population of male to female, it is the way our Society is structured.
The average lady can decide to marry at age 19 without any job or even education but a male of same age is still seen as a young man and will have to hustle to be financially OK before considering marriage, with the situation of our economy this might not be easy and fast. By the time he is in his 30s be is looking for a much younger female to marry which puts women about that age range at disadvantage because she would want to marry someone older than her. All women want comfort and to marry someone we deem richer, more intelligent than us and also responsible, these men are in short supply to demand. That is why a woman will have 5 single men asking her out without considering them.
I don't like typing so long these days, probably widows and divorced women might benefit more from polygamy not because they aren't good but because our Society is hypocritical and even if a young single guy wants to marry a woman with children, unless he and she are strong, families will stand against it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by OlawaleBammie: 11:21am On Feb 21, 2021
If I don't want to be married as a second wife den go and venture into prostitution and let thousands of men fvck Ur brain out, wetin consein me, after all one dingbat kuku don say the future is female, oponu. grin grin

Btw, I tink it's about time to visit gombe grin grin
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Oshokalo: 11:27am On Feb 21, 2021
is the show still airing,gombe pls give me one fine yarinya and plenty burantashi
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Olawalelead(m): 11:49am On Feb 21, 2021
E don red...
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by ITbomb(m): 12:10pm On Feb 21, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Is like you want to shake table Abi sapphire will come for you
She already understand.
We are meeting somewhere in the Niger Delta next week

2 Likes

Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by capitalzero: 12:30pm On Feb 21, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

Why do the married divorce and return back to being single, fornication too?
Marriage does not stop practice of fornication. Any opportunity some even if married would still commit fornication. Marriage is stable in the past because most couples married as virgins but not anymore.
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Judolisco(m): 12:33pm On Feb 21, 2021
Ahamefuna0001:
I understand the plight of unmarried female folks. It's not easy been unmarried at 35 or 40.
is it a must to get married?
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Raskasal(m): 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2021
This life no balance.

Here in the west, guys are complaining of not seeing suitor to marry and the North is protesting otherwise. But if women could ignore what the society has made them to believe about marriage, they'll surely be happily married. Issues like Financial instability, low income, ripples of economic effects, a woman's attitude of financial negligence amongst all are what is keeping guys away from approaching them, and in a place where the guy summoned the courage to approach the lady, the hypergamous attitude in her will send him away and she'll remain single for more period.
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Jman06(m): 1:31pm On Feb 21, 2021
dionma:
Our fathers had a solution to this issue and it is polygamy. In those days there was no issue of unmarried ladies and prostitution, adultery and infidelity was low. Every woman dey him husband house. Today our women today are intolerant and selfish.

Monogamy is attuned to Western culture not African. Monogamy is a European invention.
All these guys that are always quick to talk about polygamy, are you all in tune with reality at all?

You want to do polygamy in this era where women have opened eye? Even if you see ladies that agree to polygamy, you should honestly be wary!
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Handsnigga: 2:16pm On Feb 21, 2021
HaneefahRN:
Scarcity of good, rich responsible men. The bad economy is a factor, also parents tend to train daughters better and expect the boys to magically be trained leaving well-trained educated ladies with irresponsible poorly trained men.
Also, females are more favoured for jobs in Nigeria than men, I entered a company and all of them were girls and women with just one guy, imagine!

And guys won't marry unless they are gainfully employed, employed girls will not want to marry unemployed guys.

1 Like

Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by PoliteActivist: 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2021
Jman06:
All these guys that are always quick to talk about polygamy, are you all in tune with reality at all?

You want to do polygamy in this era where women have opened eye? Even if you see ladies that agree to polygamy, you should honestly be wary!

Are you saying that Regina and the other 5 wives no open eye?
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by Brian47(m): 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2021
E be like say I go move to Gombe State for free pussy since girls too dey plenty.
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by PoliteActivist: 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2021
Brian47:
E be like say I go move to Gombe State for free pussy since girls too dey plenty.

MARRY not pussy! You are confusing the two. Marriage material men are in short supply NOT fùck material men!
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by harmony75: 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2021
inter state husbands needed then, look for a state to exchange husbands with.
Re: Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women by DontBullshitMe: 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2021
Risenphoenix1

Your thoughts?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! / Lady Found Out Her Boyfriend Of 3 Months Is Getting Married. He Has This To Say / Everything That Will Happen On Valentine's Day Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.