Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,885,496 members, 6,932,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 June 2022 at 03:33 AM

Sanwo-olu Warns Leaders Against Turning Nigerian Crises To War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Warns Leaders Against Turning Nigerian Crises To War (149 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Cautions Religious Leaders Against Incendiary Comments / We Don't Want Another Lockdown - Sanwo-Olu Warns Lagos Residents / Don’t Create Tension Between Yoruba, Igbo In Lagos, Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Sanwo-olu Warns Leaders Against Turning Nigerian Crises To War by Daliycheck: 11:11pm On Feb 20, 2021
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has cautioned political and religious leaders to stop reckless utterances that could lead to war.
He gave the warning on Saturday at the 2021 Lagos State Interdenominational Divine Service organised by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) at the Apostolic Church, Ketu.

The governor said the ongoing crises may be aggravated due to incendiary comments possible of stoking division and violence.

He said the nation faced a difficult period in the year 2020 after the outbreak of COVID-19 and youth restiveness.

Sanwo-Olu advised religious leaders to use their pulpits to preach peace and discourage war.

“We have all witnessed the challenges of our country, but we need to be careful not to turn the observed crises into ethnic or religious war”, NAN quoted him as saying.

“We need to guard against utterances that may stereotype anyone or tribes. We have a duty to isolate criminals in our communities rather than introducing tribal spin into every crime.
https://dailyscheck./2021/02/sanwo-olu-warns-leaders-against-turning.html

Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Leaders Against Turning Nigerian Crises To War by aljharem(m): 11:18pm On Feb 20, 2021
Nigeria is at war. Thanks to Buhari, el rufai and there fulani idiots
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Leaders Against Turning Nigerian Crises To War by habsydiamond(m): 11:22pm On Feb 20, 2021
Na all of una hands dey this crisis we are experiencing in this country.. Abi u think say we don forget toll gate.. Never!!! U have ur own share of this crisis. If it turns to war... Ur name will be mentioned as one of those who instigated the movement... All I smell here is one party...
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Leaders Against Turning Nigerian Crises To War by eternityk: 11:26pm On Feb 20, 2021
so this guy come my side for ketu
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Leaders Against Turning Nigerian Crises To War by Ever8090: 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2021
El Rufai once said that,.if you kill one Fulani man, it is a dept that must be paid no matter how long it takes...so we are heading to the point where Fulanis will have too much dept to pay

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Leaders Against Turning Nigerian Crises To War by an0daGuy: 11:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
War wey don start siiince?

The north is fighting against boko Haram, the middle belt against bandits, southwest against Fulani herdsmen and southeast against zoogerian army wink

Me I’m on my way to Cotonou IDP camp to claim good bed space near window grin
Re: Sanwo-olu Warns Leaders Against Turning Nigerian Crises To War by Mynd44: 5:22am On Feb 21, 2021

(1)

Southern Activists Have Christianed Sheikh Gumi As "Spiritual Leader Of Bandits" / Fulani Herdsmen Demand N495b Compensation Over Lost Of Lives And Properties. / Why State Government Are Scared Of Having State Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.