Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President (31463 Views)

Fayose Says He Will Only Support A Southern President In 2023 / Shehu Sani Dares Northern Politicians To Paste Tinubu's Poster In Their Houses / 2023: We Insist On Southern President, Not Yoruba President –afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by TheRareGem1(f): 12:55pm On Feb 21, 2021
In osinbajo we stand.
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by myobjective: 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

The south had the North effectively under control in 2011. That election showed the strength of southern unity until it was broken by the SW in 2015

Jonathan messes up the goodwill and fails to reinforced his southern base. If Jonathan had shown magnanimity to Yorubas, today we wouldn't have Sahelian saying rubbish on this page today.

That being said, no matter how hateful people like you are towards Yorubas, I will always vote a progressive Igbos any day rather than vote a conservative parasite from the north.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by omoluka: 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2021
Southern youth are foolish and stupid with short memory, so Fulani herdsmen can continue killing, raping and destruction of peoples livelihood so long we have one of us as the president of this useless country? smh
Instead of us to campaign and advocate for restructuring or division of this failed country
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by buymyride: 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Good...

I will vigorously campaign for any of the following candidates:

1. Governor Dave Umahi.. (my favorite SE governor. He made my top 20 list of great Nigerians we should emulate..)

2. Goodluck Jonathan.

3. Amaechi.

4. Ogbonnaya Onu.. (patriotic, loyal and industrious)

5. Yul Edochie.. (My favorite Nollywood actor. He hates Buhari, that's my only problem with him. But eh, if I like you, I like you.. cheesy)

For equity's sake, power should return to the South, particularly the South East... If not, then South South..

Basically, any good candidate from the SE or SS will have my support. The North and the SW should not contest AT ALL... However, If the SW wants to contest, then the North, especially the NE and the NC, will also contest..

To avoid this, the North and the South West should go and rest and let the SE and the SS have their fun... cheesy

God bless Nigeria.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Dem don finally hack this account
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Penguin2: 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Good...

1. Governor Dave Umahi.. (my favorite SE governor. He made my top 20 list of great Nigerians we should emulate..)

2. Goodluck Jonathan.

3. Amaechi.

5. Yul Edochie.. (My favorite Nollywood actor. He hates Buhari, that's my only problem with him. But eh, if I like you, I like you.. cheesy)

For equity's sake, power should return to the South, particularly the South East... If not, then South South..

Basically, any good candidate from the SE or SS will have my support. The North and the SW should not contest AT ALL... However, If the SW wants to contest, then the North, especially the NE and the NC, will also contest..

To avoid this, the North and the South West should go and rest and let the SE and the SS have their fun... cheesy

God bless Nigeria.

Didn't know you could be sensible.

I thought all u have upstairs is Buhari
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by seunmsg(m): 1:07pm On Feb 21, 2021
capitalzero:

You guys see GEJ as clueless man , why are u considering him?

I’m not considering him to be honest. Some hawks in the north are the ones considering him to shortchange the south. I’m only theorizing on how the south can turn the situation around to our benefit.
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Maobichek: 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Those SW hypocrites ranting that power MUST return to the South, ask them which part of the South, and they'll start speaking in tongues. Their meaning of "South" is "South West".

Bunch of hypocrites!

Power is coming to either the South East or the South South! South West and North are COMPLETELY OUT of the equation! I will never support injustice!

Nigeria must better.

My brother, I agree with you.. But South East guys are nice too, forget the nonsense we see online. Trust me, I never see tribe wey like Northerners like the Igbos. A lot of them are my friends here... Just that most of the ones who've never been to the North have been fed all manner of evil propaganda about Northerners. But we shouldn't blame them. We should rather prove our niceness to them through our actions. Igbos are everywhere doing business. Nobody do one Nigeria than them. They're tolerant. They're loyal and friendly. Na why I dey ignore these nairaland IPOB sympathizers wey dey attack Northerners. They don't represent Ndigbo.

But e go better.

Good day, I saw your thread where you did your best to inform Nigerians that not all Fulanis are kidnappers and I supported it with a comment.

From your comment here, it's evident that you know Nigeria more than many ppl here in Nairaland; most ppl claiming to be Hausa/Fulani, Igbo, Yoruba here are imposter, most of them have not even travelled out of their region. Some of them, NYSC gave them the opportunity to travel out of their region but hate and tribalism could not allow them to see anything good about their region of service.

I stay in FCT and some of my friends here are from Kano, Jigawa, Kogi, Ogun, Abj etc. We have good and genuine ppl from all regions in Nigeria and we equally have evil ppl from all the regions, thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by dheilaw1(m): 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Good...

2. Goodluck Jonathan.

3. Amaechi.

God bless Nigeria.
who your support help?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by seunmsg(m): 1:13pm On Feb 21, 2021
alltribe:
How old are you?Are you sensible atall?You are a prophet of doom for saying this nonsense.shame on you

Why are you so pained by the prospect of a United south?
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by QuotaSystem: 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2021
myobjective:

Arewa is a political pet project of the Hausa/Fulani and their Kanuris elites.

The Yoruba intellectuals will continue to drum the injustices against Benue, Southern Kaduna, Taraba, southern Gombe, Kebbi minorities, Nassarawa etc the throats of northern minorities. We'll continue to push propaganda to win and weaken the hegemonic forces of parasitic Hausa/Fulani elites. The game will be play to divide and cut you, people, off.

You plenty of enemies already in the north due to your greed and your hubris. I'm with what is happening to Tinubu, this will teach more Yorubas the lesson they need to learn and win more people and resource back to secessionist Yorubas.

Greater, more hateful ones than you have come and gone to their graves unfulfilled.

Your hatred for the North is not a quarter of the Late Gideon Orkar & others like him that are now rested.

You are but a shadow in comparison young man. Your planned propaganda is dead on arrival because every northerner knows that when southern savages want to unleash their bloody violence & start their senseless killings, they are just another 'aboki' that is a valid target. Whoever seeks to dig a political grave for the North had better dig two lest his carcass be feasted on by the birds.

Thank goodness your sensible elders, from HRH Ooni to Tinubu to GSM are wiser, humble and employ diplomacy accordingly.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Hayjay231(m): 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2021
Oh yea of little brain igbo man ur enemy see what’s coming out of an educated person u need to go back to ur foundation and repair it our leaders brain washed us for their selfish interest sotey we see other tribes as enemies if they don’t have have must u join dem not to have sense too. Olorun sanu wa oooooo
Arewa1stSon:
Southern presidency is possible!!

But...

Dear south west... Forget anything presidency!!

Even if power is going to the south.... It will never be south west!!
You people have been canceled!!

Even if power is going to leave the north!!

It will be going to the south south!!

Just for the Records: Northerners in Oyo, Ogun etc were attacked, killed, properties destroyed and displaced in what was a planned ethnic attack.

No single Yoruba Leader either political or monarch came out to openly condemn this barbaric act.

we will never forget the killing of our innocent northern traders in the south west!!

Even most educated yorubas both online and offline justified the barbaric act!!

the NORTH remembers

Tell Tinubu that there's still time to form a political party that will bring the whole south together against the north!!

Atleast that will be a small challenge for the north... Than wasting his time and leter be kicked aside!

The north will never support a Yoruba into the corridor of power!!

Thank God that you people showed your hatred for the north on time....

I will even prefer an igbo man... My face to face enemy into power... Than a bloody back stabber!!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by myobjective: 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2021
QuotaSystem:

Greater, more hateful ones than you have come and gone to their graves unfulfilled.

Your hatred for the North is not a quarter of the Late Gideon Orkar & others like him that are now rested.

You are but a shadow in comparison young man.

Whoever seeks to dig a political grave for the North had better dig two lest his carcass be feasted on by the birds.

Thank goodness your sensible elders, from HRH Ooni to Tinubu to GSM are wiser, humble and employ diplomacy accordingly.

I'm 100% sure that I'm at least 10years older than you. I speak Hausa fluently and I have been to most northern states.

I don't hate the Talakawas Hausas on the street, what I hate is the hubris of the elites that are mostly a hybrid of Fulani. The elites that don't understand governance and how to position Nigeria on the part of progress.

You can't tell the Yorubas on one hand that you will sabotage their interest and expect them to be your friend. If you try to sabotage me, I will sabotage you and come down hard on you because when Nigeria disintegrate, the Yoruba will gain more than the current affairs of things.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by myobjective: 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2021
Maobichek:

Good day, I saw your thread where you did your best to inform Nigerians that not all Fulanis are kidnappers and I supported it with a comment.

From your comment here, it's evident that you know Nigeria more than many ppl here in Nairaland; most ppl claiming to be Hausa/Fulani, Igbo, Yoruba here are imposter, most of them have not even travelled out of their region. For some of them, NYSC gave them the opportunity to travel out of their region but hate and tribalism could not allow them to see anything good about their region of service.

I stay in FCT and some of my friends here are from Kano, Jigawa, Kogi, Ogun, Abj etc. We have good and genuine ppl from all regions in Nigeria and we equally have evil ppl from all the regions, thank you.

You don't preach unity to people that will easily slaughter you when there is small disagreement. People that believe it's is their birthright to lord over you when in reality they can't lead and do justice to all the ethnic nationalities in Nigeria.

What you get with Buhari is what you will get with Kwankoso, Tambuwa etc.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Okwyjesus(m): 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2021
35824L:
Power is returning to the South in 2023. Everybody knows that except those from the gully erosion ravaged region who are still atikulating because they hope that their Biafra ambassador to China will be VP.

If power shift to the south means power shift to the SW then the north can keep the power for the next 8yrs l cdon't care.

Let them just finish the road they are constructing in Abia North.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Acme45: 1:26pm On Feb 21, 2021
seunmsg:

Obasanjo was a weakling who pander to the north when he was a military head of state. They brought him in again 1999 thinking he will continue as a weak leader. Obasanjo saw through their game and put the north in her place. Jonathan is now more experienced. He can see through the gimmicks of the northern hawks. With southern support, he will grow the balls to do the needful. Buhari already set a bad precedent in nepotism and breaking gentleman’s agreement so he has something to rely on. Again, he personally won’t be contesting again so he could damn the north without any consequences.

The above scenario is if the north goes to the extreme o. I’m not a Jonathan supporter and I prefer Osinbajo to emerge in 2023. However, all options must be on the table to ensure a southern president in 2023.
very correct
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 21, 2021
Maobichek:

From your comment here, it's evident that you know Nigeria more than many ppl here in Nairaland; most ppl claiming to be Hausa/Fulani, Igbo, Yoruba here are imposter, most of them have not even travelled out of their region. Some of them, NYSC gave them the opportunity to travel out of their region but hate and tribalism could not allow them to see anything good about their region of service.

Well said, my beloved brother. God bless you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Uncletony(m): 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2021
seunmsg:

The north is playing a game and it is left for the south to analyze the situation and turn it to her own advantage. With unity, the south can beat the north in their own game.

There is nothing wrong in Tinubu, Jonathan, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Umahi, Fayemi etc contesting for the ticket of APC. If Jonathan wins based on backing from northern hawks, I expect all other southern leaders to rally behind him and hijack him the same way northerners hijacked Buhari when he became president.

Once he’s sworn in as president, he should build a United southern coalition to ditch whatever agreement he had with the north and handover to another southern president. The north cannot make any meaningful argument for the presidency in 2027 so he will be justified. That way, we can even have a southern president for 12 years. The north will only end up playing itself.

Yorubas will continue to betray this idea

1 Like

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Uncletony(m): 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2021
seunmsg:

The north is playing a game and it is left for the south to analyze the situation and turn it to her own advantage. With unity, the south can beat the north in their own game.

There is nothing wrong in Tinubu, Jonathan, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Umahi, Fayemi etc contesting for the ticket of APC. If Jonathan wins based on backing from northern hawks, I expect all other southern leaders to rally behind him and hijack him the same way northerners hijacked Buhari when he became president.

Once he’s sworn in as president, he should build a United southern coalition to ditch whatever agreement he had with the north and handover to another southern president. The north cannot make any meaningful argument for the presidency in 2027 so he will be justified. That way, we can even have a southern president for 12 years. The north will only end up playing itself.

If the yorubas will be a part of this idea, then they will be a big problem of betrayal
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by jumper524(m): 1:32pm On Feb 21, 2021
Arewa1stSon:
Amaechi is the only southern Candidate I can support!! Umahi is a potential bigot!!
u Sabi something jare..

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2021
QuotaSystem:

You are but a shadow in comparison young man. Your planned propaganda is dead on arrival because every northerner knows that when southern savages want to unleash their bloody violence & start their senseless killings, they are just another 'aboki' that is a valid target. Whoever seeks to dig a political grave for the North had better dig two lest his carcass be feasted on by the birds.

but why do you guys always want to lord it over others,
There is no fair play in your dictionary.

Don't tell me it is politics.

This is something else
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by QuotaSystem: 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
myobjective:

I'm 100% sure that I'm at least 10years older than you. I speak Hausa fluently and I have been to most northern states.

I don't hate the Talakawas Hausas on the street, what I hate is the hubris of the elites that are mostly and a hybrid of Fulani. The elites that don't understand governance and how to position Nigeria on the part of progress.

You can't tell the Yorubas on one hand that you will sabotage their interest and except them to be your friend. If you try to sabotage me, I will sabotage you and come down hard on you because when Nigeria disintegrate, the Yoruba will gain more than the current affairs of things.

If at all you are, then it is most unfortunate.

You cannot "come down hard" on anything so you are only amusing yourself my friend smiley

What did you do when a spineless, gutless Jonathan discarded you into the political dustbin for 5 years beyond opening threads on NL?

Was it not on this forum that your eldest & most reverred elders were ridiculed and taken to the cleaners by other southerners when they crawled to Aso Rock, cap in hand, begging Jonathan for political inclusion? Who bailed the SW from Jonathan's cage? What happened to your hardness then? You see why nobody takes your paper threats seriously?

You suffered power failure before lily-livered Jonathan but it's Arewa you think......

Spare us the small talk abeg.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by seunmsg(m): 1:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
QuotaSystem:

[b]You think with all his corruption baggage, massive loot & millions of skeletons in his cupboard deliberately overlooked by PMB & the northern hegemony, Jonathan can ever be independent-minded or anti-north? [/b]You think the ease of keeping him reined in line is not a contributory factor to why he's a sudden desirable bride? Jonathan knows FIRST hand the consequences of reneging on an agreement with the North.

Think again & beware of this open anti-arewa posturing before you play yourselves into political wilderness under GEJ again.

You underestimate the power of the president and it’s so laughable to be honest. You think all the above will matter again once he becomes the president? Who controls all the security and anti graft agencies?

The north is about to finally play itself into a cul-de-sac simply because they are scared of honoring a gentleman’s agreement. Nigeria is on the brink of collapse and somehow you think Jonathan will pander to the north if ever gets a second chance to rule Nigeria?

You actually need the advice in your last paragraph more than me. The Fulani should beware of this open anti-South west posturing before they finally play themselves into an everlasting political wilderness. Trust me, this is the last time Fulani political hawks will ever attempt treachery again. The atmosphere in the country is ripe for what they want and they shall get it. Enough said!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by seunmsg(m): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
Uncletony:

If the yorubas will be a part of this idea, then they will be a big problem of betrayal

A southern coalition is inevitable and I think Jonathan will be a great choice. The south coalesced round him in 2011 but he betrayed the south west and we paid him back in 2015.

He’s now more matured and understand the power dynamics of Nigeria better than when he accidentally became president. With the full backing of the south west, the northern hawks will be put in their place. The atmosphere all over the south is the same. We either restructure or breakup. The North will never be allowed to control Nigeria directly or indirectly after 2023.
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Alawode01(m): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
yes,power is coming back to south but it where that it's safe,where it can be trust for the continuity of Nigeria unity is embraced.
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by QuotaSystem: 1:53pm On Feb 21, 2021
seunmsg:

You underestimate the power of the president and it’s so laughable to be honest. You think all the above will matter again once he becomes the president? Who controls all the security and anti graft agencies?

The north is about to finally play itself into a cul-de-sac simply because they are scared of honoring a gentleman’s agreement. Nigeria is on the brink of collapse and somehow you think Jonathan will pander to the north if ever gets a second chance to rule Nigeria?

You actually need the advice in your last paragraph more than me. The Hausa Fulani should beware of this open anti-South west posturing before they finally play themselves into an everlasting political wilderness. Trust me, this is the last time Fulani political hawks will ever attempt treachery again. The atmosphere in the country is ripe for what they want and they shall get it. Enough said!

You can never relegate the majority in a democracy. Never.

The power of the President is severely limited by the legislature, especially when it is not a friendly one.

President that can impeached in a jiffy once he steps on the wrong toes especially if they are the dominant in the NA?

Lmao Seun this is not a comedy club please.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by seunmsg(m): 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2021
QuotaSystem:

The power of the President is severely limited by the legislature, especially when it is not a friendly one.

President that can impeached in a jiffy once he steps on the wrong toes especially if they are the dominant in the NA?

The president of the Federal republic of Nigeria can be impeached in a jiffy? Is this a joke or what? A president that enjoys the support of all lawmakers from the south. Wake up and accept the reality, bro. You’re losing it.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Akanbiedu(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
The most important thing to establish in 2023 is dealing with northern arrogance. That must be done at all cost.
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by QuotaSystem: 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
but why do you guys always want to lord it over others,
There is no fair play in your dictionary.

Don't tell me it is politics.

This is something else

Not really, I think it is just perceived as such.

The SW also thought there was no fairplay in Ebele Jonathan's dictionary.

The SE thinks the same of Buhari's dictionary.

Politics by nature, is a game of competing interests.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
GeneralPula:
[s][/s]

You again ..

Igbo boy disguising as Fulani... The so call tribe you people have been hating on since lord knows..

The ticket is between SW / SS

Yeeboz should get ready for their Biafra..
If I'm the one that is behind Arewa1stson moniker you accused me of, it shall be well with you but if I'm not the owner and you are falsely accusing me it shall never be well with you.
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by myobjective: 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2021
QuotaSystem:

President that can be impeached in a jiffy once he steps on the wrong toes especially if they are the dominant in the NA?

No wonder the majority Hausa Fulani were crying everywhere when Obasanjo was the president.

I can't remember the number of mosques that we're pushing dangerous narratives against the Yoruba when Obasanjo was the president.

You are not the majority, the three regions in the South have more people than the north and if the middle belt is put into consideration the odds will strongly be against you.

The leadership of the army can easily be reconfigured to suit the whims of the president to push an agenda. Also, the army is dominated by northern Christians, not Sahelian.

If a southern president that knows how to play politics becomes the president, the easiest thing to do will be just to empower the middle belts and northeastern minorities.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by Senatorkolade: 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2021
Don't let the North hoodwink us, they know that the agitation for disintegration of this contraption called Nigeria has gained a momentum with the Igbos and Yorubas standing firm on Biafra Republic and Oduduwa Republic respectively, except the politicians who want their pot of soup (Nigeria) to remain one. They want to use the 2023 to divide the South on our resolute to end this backwardness called Nigeria. We, in the South West have told Tinubu and his co looters to forget 2023. We want Oduduwa Republic.
Look at their antics, they are inviting GEJ to contest the 2023 to make the South South back down on the END Nigeria struggle knowing well that GEJ can only run for a single term of 4 years having spent one term before, and the power will go back to the North for another 8 years. Please let all Southern politicians go and sit down, we want Nigeria to divide. Let the North go their way and the south go our ways. Na by force to live together?
SilverNorGold:
Good...

2. Goodluck Jonathan.

3. Amaechi.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President by FriendNG: 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2021
South South to be precise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics / Stop Deceiving Nigerians – Adeyemi Attacks Tinubu / Every Illegal Structures In Aba Must Go Down, Vows Dr Ikpeazu (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.